PDA

View Full Version : Maria Sharapova to Host Laureus World Sports Awards Ceremony

kasia1992
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Maria Sharapova to Host Laureus World Sports Awards Ceremony

February 6, 2008 | By Nina In Justine Henin, Maria Sharapova, Roger Federer, Russian Tennis Players, Tennis |

It is that time of the year again. I am talking about the Sports Oscar. St. Petersburg, Russia, will be the focus of the sporting world when it stages the 2008 Laureus World Sports Awards in the Marinsky Concert Hall on February 18. The glittering award ceremony will be hosted by famous Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova along with another equally famous Russian export supermodel (with Cinderella story) Natalia Vodianova.

Laureus is a universal movement that celebrates the power of sport to bring people together as a force for good. Laureus World Sports Awards are awarded annually to sportspeople who have been outstanding during the previous year. World No. 1 tennis player Roger Federer has won Laureus World Sportsman of the Year for the last three years consecutively. Unlike Sports Illustrated, they know what they are doing. He is among nominees again.

World No. 1 Justine Henin has been nominated for the 2008 Laureus World Sportswoman Award. The full list of nominees are available here.

Shoulderpova
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:21 PM
GO Masha :rocker:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:36 PM
no , Maria will not be there , they said it's rumors and not true

rollup
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Link?

goldenlox
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I hope this is true. That's Sveta's hometown.

JadeFox
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM
So far, there's nothing on Maria's official website about this and she's still scheduled to play Doha which begins on that same day.

I take this with a huge grain of salt.

plantman
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Justine:bounce::bounce:

sweetpeas
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:35 PM
?????????????????????????????????????

RenaSlam.
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Umm..wut..

slamchamp
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:26 PM
it has to apper in her website to be true

Slumpsova
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:29 AM
:spit:

slamchamp
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:30 AM
:spit: :hearts:

Slumpsova
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:32 AM
:hearts:
:wavey:

Slumpsova
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:34 AM
She's a starlet.
yeah i hope she's got her own show soon. it's so painful to see her on court winning things :)

slamchamp
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:37 AM
yeah i hope she's got her own show soon. it's so painful to see her on court winning things :)
you'll feel the pain for plenty of time:devil:

The Daviator
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:38 AM
She's gonna withdraw from Doha to host this?

slamchamp
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I don't think so, nothing has appeared on her website

s_j
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:54 AM
I think this is probably another rumour. Doubt it's true.

schorsch
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:21 AM
I hope this is a rumour. I'd rather want her to play Doha and win it than hosting a show where Federer is probably gonna get an award again :o

Mileen
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Talking about biased thread :rolleyes: by a Masha fan. Turning this into a Masha-thing :confused: :rolleyes:, while this is all about Justine being nominated. At least, you could have been neutral enough to state both feats in the thread title, with of course the most important and meaningful thing that Justine is nominated for this prestiges award, which is btw already known for at least 3 weeks. Masha is hosting because she is not nominated :lol:

Ben.
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I would say its a rumor, until Masha herself actually refers to this on her website then I'll believe it.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Talking about biased thread :rolleyes: by a Masha fan. Turning this into a Masha-thing :confused: :rolleyes:, while this is all about Justine being nominated. At least, you could have been neutral enough to state both feats in the thread title, with of course the most important and meaningful thing that Justine is nominated for this prestiges award, which is btw already known for at least 3 weeks. Masha is hosting because she is not nominated :lol:

which is why she's not going

Polikarpov
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Natalia Vodianova :drool::drool::drool:

mankind
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Natalia Vodianova :drool::drool::drool:

Let me add to that: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
Sharapova would look like a complete dog hosting next to this girl. Probably why she won't.

xan
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Let me add to that: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
Sharapova would look like a complete dog hosting next to this girl. Probably why she won't.

The Maria-obsessive is back. :rolleyes:

bwahahahahaha
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:06 PM

6-4 6-0 :kiss:

slamchamp
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Who cares about that award? She just won a GS :shrug:

Forehand_Volley
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:29 PM
There's nothing on the Laureus website which would indicate that Maria Sharapova will even be in attendance, much less host the event.

Perhaps its all wishful thinking on some fans part.

rollup
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:36 PM
6-4 6-0 :kiss:

H2H 6-3 :kiss:

slamchamp
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:41 PM
H2H 6-3 :kiss:don't worry when maria gets older it will change. Anyway 6-4 6-BAGEL :)

jacobruiz
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:13 PM
There's nothing on the Laureus website which would indicate that Maria Sharapova will even be in attendance, much less host the event.

Perhaps its all wishful thinking on some fans part.

Who cares about awards for last year? Now that she's finally healthy again Maria fans want to see her play! :bounce:

Andy.
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:01 PM
It would be awesome if only it were true.

bellascarlett
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:24 PM

WTF :help:...In case you didn't notice, it was a published article and I think the thread title was really the article's title. My gosh...some people here. Sensitive much? :rolleyes: :tape: And really, if Maria is indeed hosting this event...I'm sorry but more attention will be paid to Maria. :lol: