RsaibotD
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Nice job Agi :yeah:

Aleksz
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:59 PM
:rocker2:

Mikey.
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Dani NO! You had that 1st set.... how did u let her come back!!! :sad: And the 2nd set... :help:

sammy01
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:01 PM
well done szavay!

as for dani, shes supposedly playing the best tennis of her career and had a break through at the oz open, yet has beaten only 1 top 25 player this year. when she gets tougher draws like sydney and paris we see her true level. not being mean but its true.

Jorn
From 1-4 in first set, well played Agnes! :)

égalité
:o

attis765
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:02 PM
That's right!Way to go Agnes!!!
She hit 3 aces in a row,and an almost one! -in 1 game!!!
And she came back from a 0-3 1-4 situation in the first set!!

darkangel23
Poor Dani
Hopefully your hand is fine!

Agnes has a great game but I think something is really missing like a big forehand... Don't get me wrong she's talented but I couldn't really see the talent for a big future Top 10 star... I'm sorry

Lunaris
Good, Daniela shouldn't have played there in the first place. I saw only second set and there was only one player on the court - Agnes. Hantuchova was clearly bothered by a blister (or something else) on her right palm and almost couldn't hit a ball in.

Fired
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Agnes did a great job today, congrats girl! :D :D :D

Wayn77
Daniela did have a nasty hand injury ...

buy yeah: well done Agi - the girl plays with a smile on her face and is exciting to watch.

Elwin.
Dani :o

azmad_88
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:05 PM
congrTS szavay

dya74
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:06 PM
blister or not - what' swrong with this girl?!

Shoulderpova
Hantuchokova :o
lead 4-1 in first and had point to go double break up, up a break again in 2nd and had millions GPs but still managed to get broken back. After that it was all about Szavay :o

Sexysova
good job Agnes!! :yeah:

Good, Daniela shouldn't have played there in the first place. I saw only second set and there was only one player on the court - Agnes. Hantuchova was clearly bothered by a blister (or something else) on her right palm and almost couldn't hit a ball in.

still I think Agnes would win in straight sets :)

Michael!
Oh, Daniela! :sad:
4-1 and chances to lead 5-1 in 1st set....:mad:
The 2nd set was just.....:ras:
Good luck next time! :hug:

Henpova
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Good job Agi

Dani please let your hand heal. So you can come back and make it to the finals in Antwerp

attis765
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Agnes started slowly.Daniela was confident.Then Agnes started to hit the ball in the right direction,and the table had turned.That's what happend.-in a nutshell.
If only Agi started the first set awake.It would have been something like 6-2 6-3 tops in the first set too.

Keaka
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I can just say :o

Hantuchova should be top 5 by now

Even if Szavay played a great match, she should channel it and win somehow, that's where she needs to improve.

jeep0h
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:14 PM
omg daniela.. :x

C. Drone
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:15 PM
keep smiling Agi! ;) nice job :yeah:

awful 2nd set Danka :sad: maybe next time :hug:

Lunaris
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:18 PM
still I think Agnes would win in straight sets :)
Whatever :shrug:, I am glad Daniela is out from a tournament she shouldn't have played. If it's Szavay or Dementieva who sends her home doesn't matter.
Let's watch our Davis Cup team destroying the Belgian scrubs. :wavey:

iamme
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Great job Ági!:D Dani has always mental problems...:cuckoo: I like her so I also think it's so bad...
but Ági played really great today.She deserved to win she did it! God luck tomorrow!:bounce:

HenryMag.
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Szavay is back on track

well done Agi!

cellophane
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:24 PM
OMG, that's awful :o

VIKA?
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:27 PM
fantastic match Agi :banana::woohoo:

attis765
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
OMG, that's awful :o

:lol::lol::lol:
Not the results you wanted,is it?:lol::lol::lol:
Hater:fiery:

Peterk07
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Agnes has a great game but I think something is really missing like a big forehand... Don't get me wrong she's talented but I couldn't really see the talent for a big future Top 10 star... I'm sorry

Agnes has the greatest weapon of all: head. ;)

slamchamp
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:32 PM
:o

cellophane
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:32 PM
:lol::lol::lol:
Not the results you wanted,is it?:lol::lol::lol:
Hater:fiery:

It's a rather embarrassing result, but whatever. Dumbass.

Peterk07
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Agnes! :hatoff:

I'm happy, but I feel sorry for Daniela a little bit. I like Dani, she has a beautiful game, it's too bad she never managed to put everything together yet.

attis765
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I don't know about being back on track,regarding Szavay.
Two more wins in this tourney,and it's safe to say,I guess:lick:

slamchamp
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM
who is she playing next?

attis765
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM
It's a rather embarrassing result, but whatever. Dumbass.

Whatever.Sour grapes.
:tape:

Albop
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Daniela :retard: :o :o

cellophane
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Whatever.Sour grapes.
:tape:

Keep living in your delusional world.

soul
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Szavay really deserved to win this match; she made some sper shots that she did make al the crowd enjoy.On the other hand I must mention that Daniela had some problem with her hand.
Anway Szavay did a greatjob; wish her luck for the rest f the tournament

Carsten
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:45 PM
:woohoo: well done :)

Imperfect Angel
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Agi :yeah: :D

CooCooCachoo
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Agi :worship:

Хлоэ
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Agnes has the greatest weapon of all: head. ;)

:yeah:

matty
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM
blister or not - what' swrong with this girl?!

I think she starts to think a little negatively and then it just keeps going and going and pretty soon what you think in your head becomes the truth (like" oh this blister sucks, I can't seem to get any balls in, I may lose this match or whatever). Anyway, I'm sure many people can relate and are more prone to that "negative thought pattern". She just needs to work often with a sports psychologist (IMO).

And your mental state, although partly environmental (upbringing), is for the most part, inherited. So it's not her fault she doesn't have the will of steel that Maria S. has--it's just how she is. This is often the case with shy, reserved types.

faboozadoo15
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Agi should always get the better of Daniela. She has bigger weapons, has better shot selection, and moves better.

It's a poor matchup for Daniela.

Hopefully Agi will play her game and take it to Dementieva. A fnal here would be a really nice "start" to her year.

cocco80
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:03 PM
congrats Agi :bounce:

Blu€
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Daniela back to usual :lol:
Szavay :worship:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Agnes is a great young player. Not a bad loss for Dani at all. Dani will just move on to the next tournament. Hopefully whatever was wrong with her hand will have healed by then. :hug:

Well done Agnes. Some people were saying she was over hyped because of a few 1st round losses but I think she is just one of those players who needs a few tournaments to get going. She looks ready to pick up where she left off last year now however. :yeah:

kuliza
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Great win Ági:bounce: Now H2H 2:0:worship:

Peterk07
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I think she starts to think a little negatively and then it just keeps going and going and pretty soon what you think in your head becomes the truth (like" oh this blister sucks, I can't seem to get any balls in, I may lose this match or whatever).

I think you're right. There's no way that that blister affected her game (I guess she had it already, and played well in the first set). But if she started to believe that it affected, then it did. Yesterday she played very well, even so she lost the second set quite badly. I think it's a concentration or confidence thing in her case. Anyway, that spanish Academy seems to be a good choice, so let's hope they will continue to work on her problems, and will find solutions (or workarounds).

E.Dementieva_FAN
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Great win Ági! :devil::yeah::D

Daniela :hug:

Il Primo!
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Why everyone's talking about Dani's blister on her hand as the reason of her defeat? I'd rather say she has a helluva blister on her brain that won't heal.
That girl has talent but God, she's way too weak mentally. It must be hard to be a fan of such a sick choker.

Agnes can win it all. The field is soooo weak :help:

sebbe
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I'm becomming a fan of Agnes, love her attitude on court and she can really hit some wipping shots!

Ellery
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Agnes :yeah:

Sexysova
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Whatever :shrug:, I am glad Daniela is out from a tournament she shouldn't have played. If it's Szavay or Dementieva who sends her home doesn't matter.

it has to be annoying for Slovakian FC team that she didn't play FC and she played in Paris :lol:

sure.. I do.. but it's quite boring :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:30 PM
:banana:

Martian Jeza
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:32 PM

wow, this is a great excuse... NOT !

NyCPsU
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:25 PM
uhh i cant believe she blew that first set. she was cruising had 4-1 40-30. then she lost the plot. oh well, on to belgium.

DimaDinosaur
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Agnes is one lucky chuck. Daniela said she had no hands or at least her hand was missing/hurting.

faboozadoo15
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Agnes is one lucky chuck. Daniela said she had no hands or at least her hand was missing/hurting.

I'm sorry Daniela has blisters, but Agnes beat Daniela on a very similar court not too long ago with a really sore back. This is a good matchup for her.

danieln1
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Same good old Daniela, losing a lead and losing to players she´s not supposed to

dybbuk
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Agi! :banana: Great win. :dance:

spiritedenergy
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:42 PM
ahahahhahhhh so happy! Chokova is already over, her peak will always be a semifinal at AO where she was winning 6-0 2-0 and chocked to death and balmed it on squeaky shoes. :tape::lol:

Go Agnes a great future for you!

.:sk:.
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Agnes :worship:

Dani :hug:

Dexter
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Well done, Agnes! :banana:

attis765
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:42 PM

Right..:rolleyes:

If you keep telling yourself that Szavay's luck that made her a Top 20 player(and beat Hantuchova twice without dropping a set),you might belive it.
Whatever makes you sleep better,buddy.:lol:

Alicia Rocks
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Thats better Agnes :yeah:

Fired
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I think you're right. There's no way that that blister affected her game (I guess she had it already, and played well in the first set). But if she started to believe that it affected, then it did. Yesterday she played very well, even so she lost the second set quite badly. I think it's a concentration or confidence thing in her case. Anyway, that spanish Academy seems to be a good choice, so let's hope they will continue to work on her problems, and will find solutions (or workarounds).She's training in Spain? in what academy? [/stalker mode] :angel:

Slumpsova
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Agnes is back! :banana:

hakush...
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Dani :sad: what's the problem??? :(

LudwigDvorak
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Right..:rolleyes:

If you keep telling yourself that Szavay's luck that made her a Top 20 player(and beat Hantuchova twice without dropping a set),you might belive it.
Whatever makes you sleep better,buddy.:lol:

You are a very irritating Szavay fan. Like. I know I'm a weirdo Dementieva fan, but every single post of yours is about Agnes. Oh, and only when she's winning. Funny how you registered when Agnes made her final in New Haven, funnier how you weren't around when Agnes lost first round in two consecutive tournaments. And now you're back, unfortunately.

You're so defensive about every minor thing anyone says against her. Relax. You know she's the greatest player to have ever played, so let others think otherwise. :rolleyes:

Matt01
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:08 PM
ahahahhahhhh so happy! Chokova is already over, her peak will always be a semifinal at AO where she was winning 6-0 2-0 and chocked to death and balmed it on squeaky shoes. :tape::lol:

F*ck off.

Ballbasher
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Dani :o :help:

RenaSlam.
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Buh-bye, Daniela. :wavey:

Make way for the new talent! :worship:

Lunaris
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM
it has to be annoying for Slovakian FC team that she didn't play FC and she played in Paris :lol:

It's more annoying for Slovak yellow press. But if she had played like this in Brno she wouldn't have been much of a help anyway.

I have to admit that Darcis played really well. He just lost the game of experience.

Lunaris
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM

It's more annoying for Slovak yellow press. But if she had played like this in Brno she wouldn't have been much of a help anyway.

I have to admit that Darcis played really well. He just lost the game of experience.

Josh.
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:40 PM
daniela? :O

Sally Todd
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I know Dani has a huge fanbase here, but people who think there is no reason Dani should lose to Agnes are tripping. :rolleyes: She's capable of winning but by no means is she automatically the better player.

It isn't even a choke that's responsible for Dani blowing a lead in the first set. Agi almost ALWAYS starts slow and then rips through a series of winning games. (She even did that in her loss at the Australian.) I can think of only a handful of players who might be able to knock her down before she goes on a tear.

Dani will rebound. Her focus should be on the US hard courts.

Agi :bounce: Still streaky, but she's making her way back, and I have a feeling she'll really have momentum on clay this year. :devil: Keep going, girl! :yeah:

jonny84
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:04 PM
:bigclap: Agnes. Back to your best form now after a poor start to the year. :woohoo:

Marionated
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Ok, I'm not going to chastise Daniella, because the blister really did seem to affect her in the second set, but I'm disappointed with this result.

I'm still not sold on Szavay yet. Yes, she has a great serve, but that's all I saw today. I need to see her play more.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:17 PM
lets hope Szavay can keep building up the momentum and start playing great again

Europe rocks
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Dani :sad: Hopefully you will be ready in time for Antwerp :kiss:

Corswandt
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Szavay started the match by playing the same shite she's been playing (I assume) on this season so far. No bite on her shots, no serve. She was being blown off the court by Danka until her serve clicked for a couple of games; this allowed her to stay afloat and drag the 1st set into a TB. It also gave her some badly needed confidence, and she began going for her shots a bit more.

Down a break early in the 2nd, Szavay played some outrageous tennis to break Danka and level the set 1-1, and from then on Danka just tanked.

Szavay's bod is simply too hot for words. And that mischievous smile she does when she hits a good shot, as if she's just been caught doing something really naughty, is priceless.

frenchie
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I like Szavay more and more
I guess she has the kind of game I like : smooth strokes and court sense

I hope she reaches the final so I can see more on TV

attis765
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:17 PM
You are a very irritating Szavay fan. Like. I know I'm a weirdo Dementieva fan, but every single post of yours is about Agnes. Oh, and only when she's winning. Funny how you registered when Agnes made her final in New Haven, funnier how you weren't around when Agnes lost first round in two consecutive tournaments. And now you're back, unfortunately.

You're so defensive about every minor thing anyone says against her. Relax. You know she's the greatest player to have ever played, so let others think otherwise. :rolleyes:

Thanks for putting me in my place.And for taking the time to collect your evidences.:rolleyes:
Mind your own business,pal!
See?That wasn't even about Agnes:rolleyes:

Peterk07
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:02 PM
She's training in Spain? in what academy? [/stalker mode] :angel:

I believe it's Sánchez-Casal Academy.

Derek.
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:18 PM
:help:

Renalicious
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Poor Daniela. :sad:

sfselesfan
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Re: Szavay = Pierce 2.0

I fell in love with her at New Haven last year. I missed this match but hope to catch her on Tennis Channel this weekend. Glad to see her post such a good win over a quality player like Hantuchova (who really impressed me at the Aussie this year).

Hope to see Agnes keeps rolling along through this tournament. I know her best surface is clay so I hope she keeps her peak up for a while.

SF

So Disrespectful
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Why did Daniela play when she knew the injury would only get worse? The longer she was out there the more painful it became.

morningglory
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:03 AM

Go Agnes a great future for you!

Well if she doesnt make another slam SF ever then that match will certainly tarnish her career resume for the rest of her life, and realistically, that's quite possible :o

ce
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:50 AM
:woohoo:

DimaDinosaur
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Why did Daniela play when she knew the injury would only get worse? The longer she was out there the more painful it became.

ever since Danka lost the AO semis, she's no longer trying. She's committing tennis suicide :sad:

Ben.
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Well done Agnes :yeah: finally finding some good form at last :D

Danka :hug: its just one tournament so I'm sure you'll do better in Antwerp.

Beepee
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Congrats Agnes!

Is there any stream for the french eurosport in order to follow the semi against Dementieva? Or any stream which shows the match?

Thx in advance

Beepee
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:11 AM
We're so desperate here in Hungary...It seems we can't see our Agi in the semi..:(

Slutati
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Danka :sad:

Sassy-Na
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:32 AM
i think agnes stole ana's special shoes and defeated danni :sad: :lol: