PDA

View Full Version : Paris R2 - Virginie Razzano def. Alize Cornet 64 75

HenryMag.
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM
great match and amazing atittude on court by both.

congrats to the french tennis!

Bероника
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Virginie :woohoo: I love this girl more and more.

Ellery
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Virginie :D

Wayn77
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Just watched this - wot a great match!!! :D

Alize Cornet: I am now an official fan.

Highlandman
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Virginie :woohoo: :yeah: Already QF :D

cocco80
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:18 PM
great match indeed !!!
congrats to virginie.

HenryMag.
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I loved when both laughed when Razzano saved the 2nd Cornet's SP at 64 45 *30-40 with a netcord...before, the 1st point of that game was a netcord point to Cornet.

and the hug between the 2 in the final was :hearts:

Elwin.
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Virginie :banana:

davidmario
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Such a great match with intense rallies.
It was nice to see how respectful they were for each other and what an awesome "handshake".

Demska
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:33 PM
What a match :worship:

Virginie saved 3 set points serving to stay in the second at *15/40 and then Alize had an advantage too.

Alize has a huge let cord winner at *15/30 to get her the 2 set points and Virginie saved the second set point to go to deuce on a huge let cord winner :lol:

Great fight from Virginie, I love her for it.

The appreciation of both at the net was amazing too see to.

Ceze
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I loved when both laughed when Razzano saved the 2nd Cornet's SP at 64 45 *30-40 with a netcord...before, the 1st point of that game was a netcord point to Cornet.

and the hug between the 2 in the final was :hearts:yes, I saw it too :hearts:

Bette_Midler
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
:bounce:

tobi
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Well done Virginie :D :yeah:

Such great attitude and respect out there,wonderful to see :)

Iceland
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Indeed a very pleasant match to see, lot of intensity but so much respect between the two girls. :)
Congrats girls :hug:.

Wintermute
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Was not expecting anything but I really enjoyed this match. Both players were giving it their all and it was played in a very good spirit. Nice meeting at the net at the end.

Elwin.
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM
What a match :worship:

Virginie saved 3 set points serving to stay in the second at *15/40 and then Alize had an advantage too.

Alize has a huge let cord winner at *15/30 to get her the 2 set points and Virginie saved the second set point to go to deuce on a huge let cord winner :lol:

Great fight from Virginie, I love her for it.

The appreciation of both at the net was amazing too see to.

so your a new fan off Razzano :worship: ( your sig )
She is a great player ;)

jonny84
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Great win for Virginie!

switz
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:08 PM
the lower ranked french players are so supportive of each other. on the men's side all the players appear to be good friends. it's a refreshing sight and a big part of why they've been successful in team competitions.

Demska
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:28 PM
all the french players are very close. I remember Mahut was in Amélies box in the AO this year.

hablo
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:34 PM
all the french players are very close. I remember Mahut was in Amélies box in the AO this year.

And I think Tsonga had some other French players in his box too.

Derek.
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Alizé. :sad:

Elldee
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Razzano is a really gracious winner and loser. Like against Ivanovic in Sydney, for example. And against Lindsay D at RG '05.

LudwigDvorak
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I wanna see this match now! If anyone knows of any links, please, provide. Razzano's awesome. Both are good movers with good defense, particularly Virginie, which is probably why she won this match.

The quarterfinal lineup at this event now is actually really good. I'm pleasantly shocked. :yeah: Good win Virginie. :)

HenryMag.
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:25 PM
I wanna see this match now! If anyone knows of any links, please, provide. Razzano's awesome. Both are good movers with good defense, particularly Virginie, which is probably why she won this match.

Razzano is a good defender?? She hits the ball so hard, she always attacks no matter her position on court is...

Cornet, that girl knows how to run...what a great defender she was today.

LudwigDvorak
Feb 8th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Razzano gets lots of balls back. :shrug: She's weird, some matches she's mostly defense, some mostly offense. It's just a mix up with her, although I've only seen her play about four or five times. Her form/type of play seems to vary from each of them. But, from what I remember, she's pretty tough to get a ball by.

Alizé Molik
Feb 8th, 2008, 12:06 AM
good fight from Alizé with how muscly Razzano looks these days i was expecting a much less contested match - at least a french girl went through.

switz
Feb 8th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Razzano gets lots of balls back. :shrug: She's weird, some matches she's mostly defense, some mostly offense. It's just a mix up with her, although I've only seen her play about four or five times. Her form/type of play seems to vary from each of them. But, from what I remember, she's pretty tough to get a ball by.

it's true. In her match versus Ivanovic in Sydney she was playing very solid defence tennis but Ana was simply playing too well and she got mauled. Then suddenly in the second set and for much of the third she just started stepping in and completely taking the initiative. It's very difficult to do that within a match and ultimately she reverted back to her old strategy and lost.

She beaten a lot of top players though throughout her career and that's down to her ability to play that more aggressive game.

new-york
Feb 8th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Virge.:hearts:

good luck next time Liz, keep working.

rollup
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Great match, but Alize :sad:

Well done Virginie :)

nouf
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:30 AM
one pic i made for official website alize cornet
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3476/alizerazzano01thgq1.jpg

Slutati
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:35 AM
i don't know why but i always thought Razzano was 30:help:so i just found out she is in fact 24 and i'm kinda surprised:lol:
but whatever, good win Virginie, now beat Bartoli:devil:

skanky~skanketta
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:53 AM
omg, virginie is my age? she looks old.

still, i love her.

.:sk:.
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Alizé :sad:

RND
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Seems to be a great match.Congrats to both especially Virginie. :)

CooCooCachoo
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:39 PM
:sad: Alizé

Congrats Virginie :yeah: