Feb 7th, 2008, 01:47 PM
...what a surprise ...

same story again and again :sad:

Elwin.
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Daniela :banana:

Keaka
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:48 PM
You can edit to "Umpire + linejudges def. Srebotnik" anytime.

*Jool*
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:49 PM

really ? :o

as if she needed that ...
weirdly enough , when she was close to go up 4*/3 in th ethird and Hantuchova finally hold , I knew she was to lose her serve and the match ... :sad:

TennisPlayingFox
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Nice job Dani!

Too bad Kata.

Albop
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:50 PM
What happened?

dani :yeah:

daniela86
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:51 PM

What happened? :(

Iceland
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Great first set with a very offensive play from both girls, then Daniela lost her concentration & Kata took advantage of it playing a solid tennis .... but this third set was completely horrible :help:. Congrats!
Kata :hug:

Dexter
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Poor Kata... should've broken back at love in the last game, but got 2 dreadful calls against her. Many bad calls throughout the whole match anyway.

Marionated
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Good job, Daniella.
Katarina :hug:

*Jool*
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Poor Kata... should've broken back at love in the last game, but got 2 dreadful calls against her. Many bad calls throughout the whole match anyway.

:fiery:

Keaka
really ? :o

as if she needed that ...
weirdly enough , when she was close to go up 4*/3 in th ethird and Hantuchova finally hold , I knew she was to lose her serve and the match ... :sad:

the game when Hantuchovas hat fell off was clearly hers.

EDIT: Hantuchova's hat fell off in a game where Srebotnik had like 4 break points for those who didn't watch. Srebotnik had an easy volley and then Hantuchova's hat fell off. I don't say it was meant by Hantuchova, but that game should be hers.

the last game, her forehand was clearly in, and Hantuchovas backhand a point before was clearly out. Shown on replay, not 100 % sure for the backhand being out though.

Anyway congrats Hantuchova. At least the umpires didn't decide to judge against Srebotnik vs. Whitehead or someone.

Yeah hopefully Hantuchova wins now. She deserves a good backup tournament after the semi of the Australian.

Effy
Kata :hug: too unlucky :awww:

Shoulderpova
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Danka:woohoo: now beat Szavay :armed:

Drimal
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:04 PM
This is the sort of match you have to breath deeply and thank your lucky stars. :p

Katarina was the better player in last 2 sets no doubt about that. Daniela stayed calm at the end. :cool:

Well done Daniela! :woohoo:

Juanes
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:10 PM
well done Daniela.... :) great win

jonny84
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Good fight for Katarina. :bigclap: Dani

Uranus
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Phew, Daniela. :D

Michael!
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I only saw the 3rd set, and the last games from Daniela were good!
A solid start for her...:)
Szavay is next, and she isn´t in the shape of last summer, so I think she´s going to win ;)

mapaliey
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:39 PM
danka.....:kiss:

Cp6uja
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Hantuchova have nice chances to reach #6 next week (need to be better than Chaky in Paris) and even after losing Indian Wells 07 Title or Rome-SF points her TOP10 status is not in dangeres... actualy, she will be TOP10 safe atleast in next 6 months!

N_F_S
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:41 PM
One more victory. Well done Daniela. After the 2nd set, i have some doubts about possible victory, but Daniela Wins the match :)

Climbing to the Final.

Visit www.bolamarela.com (http://www.bolamarela.com)

Demska
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Urgh :o

so often Kata takes the second set against top 10 players then loses it in the 3rd

Filipinos
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:53 PM
It's good to see that now Danka can win to lower players, even when she is playing badly... :D :D

She made a solid 1st set and a desconcentrated 2nd set but hopefully she could win the match...

Good luck against Szavay... You can do it... ;) :kiss:

Shepster
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I don't think it's "the same story" because Dani hit equal winners-UEs in the second set and lost it 6-1 - sometimes you have to say "too good" as Kata hit twice as many winners as UEs in the first two sets. It's not often Danka will play someone 20 places below her, play an even set and lose it and she had to play very well in the first set to win it to begin with. This was a very unusual match as it started off very high quality then Dani levelled off in the second, then Kata did in the 3rd and when they were both only playing "ok", Danka came through.

High standard overall though.

*Jool*
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:03 PM
"same story" = Kata always challenging top players but never coming out as the winner ;)

slamchamp
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Please Daniela beat Agnes "Overhyped" Szavay

Shepster
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:18 PM
"same story" = Kata always challenging top players but never coming out as the winner ;)
Oh right, it's just I've not seen her play *this* well against Dani before even when she was a set up at Wimbledon last year that was more Danka errors than Kata stepping up. I thought she was much better today, she played as good a 2 sets as she could really and split it 1-1, I think her problem is that her great is below other people's great (see the first set) and her ok is below other people's ok (see the third) but she won't come up against that many people playing as well as Dani was that first set, especially on the returns at the end of it.

.:sk:.
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Dani :)

*Jool*
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM
for sure, Kata is not the same league as those players she always come close (Schnyder Hantuchova Dementieva or even Ivanovc Kuznetsova etc on her good days )
but it's frustrating to see she's always "not that far" ... ;)
anyway ... we get used to that lol
and it's just a game

congrats to "Danka" :hatoff:

Lunaris
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I didn't watch, but it seems like a classic Hantuchova vs. Srebotnik match. Katarina always has her chances and always wastes them or Daniela saves her own skin somehow.

Ellery
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Kata :bigcry:

Emina.
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Congrats Daniela! and good luck!

Keaka
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:02 PM
for sure, Kata is not the same league as those players she always come close (Schnyder Hantuchova Dementieva or even Ivanovc Kuznetsova etc on her good days )
but it's frustrating to see she's always "not that far" ... ;)
anyway ... we get used to that lol
and it's just a game

congrats to "Danka" :hatoff:

Yeah she is.

Does Hantuchova have a better forehand, serve, volleys? Maybe backhand is just a bit better, but none of those players aren't better than her. If they would be, they would win easily, she wouldn't come close to them.

But she just has this barrier I guess from the start of her career, that she knows she can't win. That's awful, even more awful than Hantuchova, who should now be in top 5 if she'd be better mentally and overcome the barriers.

*Jool*
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:05 PM
actually you're right .

Keaka
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:06 PM
actually you're right .

I know.

*Jool*
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:07 PM
:lol:

gmak
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:26 PM
kata :sad: :sad: :sad: somehow after losing all those bps in the 3rd, i knew what would happen :(

and those calls in the last game :o :mad:

esdee
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:32 PM
First 2 sets of this match were of great quality, but both players dipped in the 3rd. I thought Kata lost some momentum at the end of the 2nd when Daniela left the court (and I'm not saying this was gamesmanship by Dani).
I think luck also played a big part in the 3rd. It was extremely unfortunate when Daniela's hat fell off at such a key point.

Kata will regret her missed chances but I felt overall her attitude was much more aggressive than we've seen on previous occasions.

Congrats to Daniela for squeaking through - again!

mc8114
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Danka :)

Christinawww
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:40 PM
congratz Danka. How she managed to win, I don't know. Srebotnik played better in the second set and most of the third. Horrible performance by Danka.
Horrible line calls as well. As a Danka fan, I am glad that hawk-eye wasn't in use here.

hingis44
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:00 PM
During this match, there Alexander, you know the rich friend at Martina, who was watching the match! And we know how Martina and Daniela were friends. Perhaps Martina will be at Paris tomorrow!

keirana332
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:04 PM
oh boy...that was vintage Dani
Thankfully she found some way to win this time though :)

Slutati
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Dani:yippee:

DimaDinosaur
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
weird, but a win is a win and I'll take it and make love to it any day of the week

P.S. I can't believe Hantuchova made two quarterfinals or better this quickly in the season. Do DANI!!!! But Svazay will defeat her in the next match :help:

matty
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:29 PM
weird, but a win is a win and I'll take it and make love to it any day of the week

P.S. I can't believe Hantuchova made two quarterfinals or better this quickly in the season. Do DANI!!!! But Svazay will defeat her in the next match :help:

Nope.

Good job Dani, you held it together! :banana:

Josh.
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:38 PM
daniela :dance:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:00 PM
The 5th 3 setter these two have played together over the course of their 7 matches. Dani has won the lot.

The match against Agnes will be very interesting. Won't be a disgrace for whoever loses this one, both are going to be tough to beat.

Derek.
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Well done, Daniela! :D

7-0 vs. Kata now. :yeah:

Good luck in the next round! :)

radwanska
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Danka!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship::worship::worship: