PDA

View Full Version : Will Eurosport Show Indian Wells and Miami?

wta-nab
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:09 AM
i'm worried because espn is not showing these events. if anyone knows the answer, would appreciate your letting me know. thanks in advance.

Wayn77
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Gee I hope so.

We have been spoilt on Eurosport.

The fact that we can watch these WTA events all year round, keeps my interest sky-high.

ronim1
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:19 AM
i'm worried because espn is not showing these events. if anyone knows the answer, would appreciate your letting me know. thanks in advance.

Welcome to wtaworld.
I don't have a confirmed answer, but usually Eurosport broadcasts big WTA tourneys. Espn broadcasts Masters.

ronim1
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Have a look here in a couple of weeks
time when March's Eurosport schedule is released

http://www.livesportontv.com/search3.php?id=9

Strange that they are announcing "British Eurosport", I know for sure today the are broadcasting on International Eurosport.

TomTennis
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:19 PM
As much grief that we give Eurosport, they do show A LOT of tournaments all year round, even the lower events even after the big names have pulled out (take Paris this week for example, Chakvedaske isnt excatly a household name yet they still show it)

Im still pretty sure that ES will show both events. Just because ESPN have dropped them doesnt mean ES will.

Ksenia.
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Well, they usually do :)

A'DAM
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Eurosport does have the rights so Im sure they will!

Xylon
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I think Eurosport shows all Tier I and II tournaments

Destiny
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:28 PM
hope they do
they will!!

V.Melb
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Everyone should be jealous of Eurosport. especially Australians, all the shit we have to put up with in Australia. Fox is shocking.
And espn is atrocious as well.... massive bias to mens matches, and way too many ads.
Eurosport is magnificent, heaps of WTA, heck, I even saw the Asian Hopman Cup on Eurosport!

Emina.
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:42 PM
they will ..for sure :)cant wait!!

Destiny
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:20 PM
we are spoilt!...love it!

A'DAM
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:25 PM
God Bless Eurosport :lol:

serenus_2k8
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Gee I hope so.

We have been spoilt on Eurosport.

The fact that we can watch these WTA events all year round, keeps my interest sky-high.

Yeh I couldnt agree more! Eurosport is just toooo good :D

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Eurosport :worship:

Dodoboy.
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:33 PM
omg at their coverage of Dubai :drool:...!

tennisvideos
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Everyone should be jealous of Eurosport. especially Australians, all the shit we have to put up with in Australia. Fox is shocking.
And espn is atrocious as well.... massive bias to mens matches, and way too many ads.
Eurosport is magnificent, heaps of WTA, heck, I even saw the Asian Hopman Cup on Eurosport!

What on earth are you talking about? We can get Eurosport here in Australia via LBF (you get ES1 and ES2 in French commentary) or you can get Eurosport Asia in English via another provider although that tends to show more edited footage.

I have ES1 and ES2 and it compliments Fox perfectly. Fox shows the mens tournaments and does a pretty good job, and Eurosport show the womens, so we have the best of both worlds here in Australia. :worship:

Daniela Fan
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:50 AM
So Indian Wells and Miami are going to be transmitted by eurosport. Perfect. I want to see my Daniela winning Indian Wells again. Daniela Hantuchova "The queen of Indian Wells". I hope...

wta-nab
Feb 10th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Indian Wells and Miami Confirmed
http://www.livesportontv.com/search3.php?id=9

This is only the Live Coverage

There will be more with overnight highlights

Also maybe Live Night sessions on Eurosport 2

i don't know, this coverage is pretty thin. just one match of early rounds, and then two quarters, semis, and final.

i'm pretty sure they started showing the even earlier last year. maybe the switch from espn to fsn has something to do with it.:confused:

Matt01
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:57 PM
i don't know, this coverage is pretty thin. just one match of early rounds, and then two quarters, semis, and final.

i'm pretty sure they started showing the even earlier last year. maybe the switch from espn to fsn has something to do with it.:confused:

I agree that this is a bit thin, but these are only the live matches. Maybe they will show us more overall. And if I remember corectly, Eurosport didn't show us a lot of the earlier rounds of IW and Miami last year, either.