PDA

View Full Version : Midland r1: "Sunny" Valérie Tetreault def "Thunderous" Sesil Karatancheva 62 61

canuckfan
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:05 AM
:eek:

Well that's an unexpected result

iPatty
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Expected for me.

Sesil won't be winning on anything above the 50K level for quite some time, if ever.

Ryan
Oh shit. Biggest win of Val's career. :lol: Sesil must have been tired, but thats two big wins for Tetreault back to back.

UDACHi
sesil. :hug:
i'm sure the haters will enjoy this all too much, but i'm sure everything will be fine after a short rest. :) i still expect big things soon.

Drake1980
Val:woohoo:

LindsayRulz
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Only a Canadian could stop the tunderous Sesil :hearts: Valérie :yeah:

Sesil was probably tired after all the matches she played recently:hug:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:14 AM
The winning streak was always going to have an abrupt ending. Judging from the score Sesil clearly didn't fancy spending another week playing tennis. Not suprising really. She was always going to run out of gas at some point. This does make the possibility of getting into the RG qualifying much tougher. It's still doable but it is a big ask now.

slamchamp
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:15 AM
She must be tired, she has been playing a lot lately

*JR*
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Expected for me.

Sesil won't be winning on anything above the 50K level for quite some time, if ever.
Wait till (not having been run ragged re. travel) she plays your bitch. :armed:

hablo
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Only a Canadian could stop the tunderous Sesil :hearts: Valérie :yeah:

Sesil was probably tired after all the matches she played recently:hug:

:lol::drool:

Well done to Val. :yeah:

cellophane
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Expected for me.

Bitch please. This is only the beginning!

Kworb
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Expected but still slightly disappointing result.

sunsfuns
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:30 AM
I thought she might win a match or two, but there was no way she was going to win it all this week as well. Last week she ate players like Tetreault for breakfest, but now she is out of gas (16 matches in 16 days will do it to you). I am pretty sure under normal circumstances she would have withdrawn, but she needed to show up to get on the rankings list next week.

The Daviator
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:39 AM
:lol:

What happened to Lisicki?

rated_next
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:40 AM
She clearly just wanted one point to get a ranking.

Deck
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:43 AM
yes it is a surprise
but it is a bigger surprise she won these two tournaments before after such a long break

maybe she was tired, maybe she was only there to get the ranking, who knows

I don't care; I think she will play as well as she did before her ban, probably even better
there's probably no other player with her age on the tour that has so many experiences already

this will help her for sure in the future

Wiggly
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Val crushed two comebacks. :devil:
She's gonna be hated on this board. :tape:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:27 AM
:eek:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Val called her mom and said: You know what? I wanted the score to be closer. Cause now people will think Sesil played badly.

I'm incredibly happy for Val, she has just started back from nothing, is making her way up, changed a lot of things about her game and her way of being on court. She deserves it, this is her week. Allez Val!

DaMamaJama87
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:49 AM
OMG Go Valerie! :bounce:
I know a relative of hers too!

Vincey!
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Awesome wins for Val, she totally deserves it :D :hug: :bounce:

I'm sure Sesil wil lstill have a great return :yeah:

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Tetreault :yeah: Allez!

Sassy-Na
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:58 AM
tired, sick, injuried... :o

ninanina19
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:00 AM
She was tired. I don't think she was trying that hard (the other girl deserves credit but Sesil has been thrashing top 200 players). Maybe she was trying but she was exhausted. Either way, this match doesn't say anything about her level of play. She needs rest before she starts kicking some ass on the wta tour.

Harvs
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:02 AM
lol.

switz
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:08 AM
i love how people comment on this match as if they know everything that happened when it's highly likely none of them even saw it :o

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Valerie, in an interview, said she played the best match of her life. I do like Sesil, and what she had done so far is unbelievable, but give Val some credit. The girl had tough times and now might be her turning around in Midland!

On est avec toi Val!

ninanina19
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:18 AM
It's easy to assume. Sesil was tired and she really just needed a ranking point to get a ranking.

ninanina19
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Valerie, in an interview, said she played the best match of her life. I do like Sesil, and what she had done so far is unbelievable, but give Val some credit. The girl had tough times and now might be her turning around in Midland!

On est avec toi Val!

I guess we're not giving her enough credit but I do think Sesil could've beat her if she hadn't played so many matches in a such a short period of time. But then again I didn't watch the match so maybe this girl really did thrash Sesil. On a good day for Sesil, the score probably would've been much closer like 6-4, 6-4.

switz
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:22 AM
yeah it's fine to speculate and i'm sure tiredness was a factor. All i'm saying is nobody can really comment on what happened without seeing the match.

Slumpsova
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Expected for me.

she will have you eat your stupid words later.

Slumpsova
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Sesil was sure tired and she would beat Tetreault next time they play anyway. so i don't give a damn to the celebreation the haters throwing right now.

switz
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Sesil was sure tired and she would beat Tetreault next time they play anyway. so i don't give a damn to the celebreation the haters throwing right now.

just like they probably didn't give a damn when her fans celebrated a couple of meaningless challengers :tape:

switz
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:45 AM
i don't hate her though. i wish her the best in her comeback and suspect she will get back to where she was prior to the whole silly situation she got herself into.

AcesHigh
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Finally she loses. Better luck next time

So Disrespectful
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Tank, tank tank. Well done Sesil ;)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:06 AM
holy crap Val's on fire

Golovinjured.
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Well done to this Val woman. Never heard of her really...it's good news all round anyway - Valeria Tetreault has reached the second round of the 75K, and Sesil, on monday, will have a WTA ranking!

faboozadoo15
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:13 AM
:tape: People were picking her to win Roland Garros.

FedererBulgaria
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:21 AM

Now she is so tired-16 matches in row!!!That`s all!!!:)

So Disrespectful
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:39 AM
I thought she might have tanked because it could be damaging to play 16-20 matches in three weeks.

AcesHigh
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I'm curious as to what people actually think this Sesil Karantancheva is actually going to accomplish. She should be happy to get back into the top 100, overjoyed if she makes top 50. Don't expect top 25 anytime this year and those picking top 10-15, i think it's quite ridiculous.

Experimentee
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:44 AM
This event was a lot stronger than the ones she won. And it isnt like she won those 25Ks convincingly, she went to 3 sets in a lot of the matches against weaker players than the ones here. Dont expect her to be doing anything like winning WTA events this year.

jonny84
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Winning streak snapped for Sesil :sad: - it had to happen sometime.

But at least next week she will be on the rankings again!

faboozadoo15
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Now she is so tired-16 matches in row!!!That`s all!!!:)

Half of those matches were in prequalifying and qualifying for 25K's.
These players play and train hours a day. If she's getting tired from playing unranked players with 5 people watching, then she has a long way to go. Also she was annihilated by someone I've never heard of...

She should still be encouraged by her results, rest this week, and come back a little stronger.

I was just commenting about the fact that people (not just her fans) tipped her as a contender/possible winner of the next major.

random fan
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:28 AM
for all we know this could have been an ordinary tanking job

Like the thread title though :)

Just Do It
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I did not expect this :eek:

LCS
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Who's this Tetreault girl?

shrOOf
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:22 AM
:woohoo:

Renaissance
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Impressive Valerie,she has been in great form lately.

pancake
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I have to agree with switz, people here saying 'I am sure she is just tired'/'tank' without having watched the match:o. Hey how about giving some credits to her opponent?

Elwin.
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:05 AM
:eek: :o

hwanmig
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:32 AM

Oh! She will:)

Anik1
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:33 AM
great win Val !

Cp6uja
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Soon or later i expect some result like this. After big pause (24 months) nothing strange for down like this in one match. Sesil Play 20 matches in less than 30 days... so nothing strange here. Remember what happen with Dokic this january. She played very well after comeback, but have 2-3 very disappointing loses because big pause of competetive tennis in last two seasons. For me 6-2 6-1 is better result in this case than 7-6 7-5 b/c is proof that she is totaly out of her game yesterday and nothing else.

Keep working Sesil :drive:

A'DAM
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Well I guess it is a bit to early for Sesil to play on that level thats it...

FedererFan84
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Way to go Valérie! Go for the title now!

Uranus
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Nice, unexpected win for Val! :D

Viktymise
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Expected for me.

:spit: Sure, and maybe Kvitova will be winning slams this year.

Anyway its obvious she was tired and Tetreault probably played great. Sesil really should have played this week, her body isin't used to this schedule yet. She only played because of the WC.

Ballbasher
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Well Sesil has had quite a few days rest after winning her second title so I really think it was Tetreault who played well.

Aaron.
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Was sesil pregnant or tired?

miffedmax
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Atmospheric conditions not conducive to thunder.

Sesil will only get better.

plantman
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Atmospheric conditions not conducive to thunder.:bigclap:

Sesil will only get better.:yeah:

HTE
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Great win for Valérie :yeha: Hardly means that Sesil's career is over though :ol:

I'm curious as to what people actually think this Sesil Karantancheva is actually going to accomplish. She should be happy to get back into the top 100, overjoyed if she makes top 50. Don't expect top 25 anytime this year and those picking top 10-15, i think it's quite ridiculous.

lol ok, try watching tennis from time to time.

Slumpsova
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM
tanking sounds reasonable to me since she desparately wants to have ranking :rolleyes:

Ceri
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:51 PM
tch disappointing, but she's played loads and is bound to be tired. Good luck in your next tournament Sesil! :-)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:11 PM
This thread is pathetic.

I personnally think it would be worst for my fave to actually be tanking a match, and not to be overplayed/don't play well.

pancake
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:18 PM
This thread is pathetic.

I personnally think it would be worst for my fave to actually be tanking a match, and not to be overplayed/don't play well.

True:o As if tanking a match was a good thing:o

tenn_ace
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:02 PM
maybe she had her period today? :shrug:

normally I'd say it is inappropriate to discuss it, but Sesil opened the door herself

hablo
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Val crushed two comebacks. :devil:
She's gonna be hated on this board. :tape:

:lol:

Slutati
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:09 PM
A thunderous defeat:o

©@®eLess
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:08 PM
its ok...she's due with twins in may

Brett.
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Wierd result from Sesil :lol: I feel sorry for Sesil but at least she won 18 matches :yeah: