Slutati
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:42 PM
who's french here?:confused:

Cp6uja
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:43 PM
who's french here?:confused:Surface

Fired
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:43 PM
yay Agi!!! :D:worship: slowly getting back into form.

Russianboy
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:44 PM
omg... all french players are playing super in paris :eek:

:wavey: szavay isnt french

kuliza
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Congrats Ági. Finally again she is in QF:bounce:

dybbuk
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Agnes :dance:

youkoulélé
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:46 PM
tougher than expected :confused:

Sally Todd
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:47 PM
yay Agi!!! :D:worship: slowly getting back into form.

Great taste in players and I like the font you're using!

Since Lucie isn't here, I'm hoping Agi will deliver. :D

Doesn't seem like she's near peak form, but she's slowly getting better after some rough times Down Under. Very very streaky though. She'll win 7 or almost 8 games in a row and then almost lose the match!

Time for Agi to bring her A game.

tejmeglekvár
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:47 PM

thank god. :lol:

Congrats Agi!

Effy
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Agi :yippee: could have been easier though :unsure:

Cp6uja
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Last season Agnes in 48 matches win 1st set and lose only one of this 48 matches!
This season Agnes won in both matches which played before Paris 1st set but lose both matches!
:help::help::help::help:

But now i think Agi is ready to continue where stoped after fantastic 2nd half of 2007.

:drive: Agnes :bounce:

Dexter
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:57 PM
WD Agnes. :D Hopefully you'll take out Danka again. :drool:

Poova
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:00 PM
This match pretty much sums up the WTA Tour... but that's why I love it. :lol:

Congrats Agnes, nice to see you winning again!

attis765
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Luckily she's not playing tomorrow.:bowdown::dance:
I hope she'll bring her A game against Hantuchova!

Peterk07
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Agnes :bounce:

Tatjana fought well, she deserves my respect. :worship:

I wish I could see this match. According to the scoreboard, it was a good match. Both served OK (albeit Garbin had 8DF-s, which is not terrible but could be less), not many UE-s, a lot of BP-s, close games. Agnes started slow but came out strong from the 1st set, then missed a lot of opportunities to finish the match in 2 sets. But she took the 3rd quite convincingly. First winning 3 setter this year. :)

Now comes Hantuchova. Agnes beat her last year at New Haven, but this is a new year, Daniela leveled up since, while Agi took a step down. It'll be tough. But Agnes is good, she can do it. :)

jonny84
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Seeing as Agnes has been playing this year so far, pleased she pulled this one through.

Derek.
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I hope she'll bring her A game against Hantuchova!

WD Agnes. :D Hopefully you'll take out Danka again. :drool:

comes Hantuchova. Agnes beat her last year at New Haven, but this is a new year, Daniela leveled up since, while Agi took a step down. It'll be tough. But Agnes is good, she can do it. :)

Since when did Daniela already win her 2R? :scratch:

Dexter
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Since when did Daniela already win her 2R? :scratch:You're right. Gremo Kata first! :D

slamchamp
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:53 PM
he must have been reffering to Garbin, cause it seems yo be a french lastname

sakya23
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:13 AM
A win is a win, Good Job Agnes! :) Rest up, b/c you have to play Hantuchova, whose game has improved since their last meeting.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:48 AM
dodgy score but :bigclap: a wins a win

Peterk07
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:15 AM
I've found this article on the tournament's site:

"Agnès Szavay Overpowers Tathiana Garbin in Late Night Clash
00:03 - 07/02/2008 - Cécile Verin

A match of opposite styles unfolded tonight on Central Court with Italy’s Tathiana Garbin (n39) trying to use her experience and consistency to counter the power and depth of Hungary’s young upstart Agnès Szavay (20). After a 2 hour and 19 minute battle, youth prevailed in Coubertin tonight. (Photo: Panoramic)

With an impressive start and her signature grunt accompanying each of her shots, Garbin, 30, took an early 3-0 lead while her younger opponent, seemed to have trouble getting into the rhythm. The Italian got off to a great start hitting several emphatic winners from the baseline. But it soon became obvious that time was all Szavay needed to adjust and play like a top 20 player when she, in turn, won a series of seven consecutive games using a varied ground strokes, drop shots and passing shots. Aided by the recurrent weakness of the Garbin serve, Szavay’s power game earned her the first set 6-3 in 38 minutes.

In the second set, the Italian seized the opportunity that was offered to her to start with a clean slate and she finally won a game on a surprisingly bad drop shot from Szavay that was more a lapse of concentration than anything else. But with the few spectators left in the stands on her side as the underdog the French crowds typically love so much, Garbin was able to put on a strong show of defensive tennis to counter her opponent’s power, and seemed to be winning most of the longer points. At times, it took the youngest player as much energy to win an entire game as it took the Italian to win a single point against her. Yet the Italian never gave up, waited until she was out of the eye of the Szavay storm, broke her serve, served for the set and offered the Coubertin fans some amazing points in the process. The set went to Garbin the fighter (6-4) in an hour.

The final set was just as good as the previous one and after taking a medical timeout because of a bleeding knee at 2-1, the inexhaustible Italian kept running down all of Szavay’s flat and powerful shots but they eventually became too strong for her and she found herself behind 1-4. As can be expected from a seasoned fighter like Garbin, she never gave up. But the youngster’s power and precision were simply too much for the Italian veteran in the end. With only some 100 die-hard women’s tennis fans remaining in the stadium, Garbin went up to serve to stay in the match trailing 2-5. But, the powerful youngster didn’t falter and closed out a hard-fought first-round match. Agnès Szavay will be a player to watch as the tournament unfolds."

Pasta-Na
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:49 AM

yes i knew, i meant it took agnes 3 sets to finish tatiana :p other french players also won in tough matches :eek: homecrowd or they get used to the surface :lol:

The Kaz
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Szavay :)

Closer than expected.

faboozadoo15
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:21 AM
At least she won... She'll need to step it up majorly against Hantuchova.

Elwin.
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Tathiana :sad: :hug:

FORZA SARITA
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Good fight Tax :kiss: