PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for Petra Kvitova

Pages : [1] 2

davidmario
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I've been following her results for more than a year now and saw her playing via the internet a few times.
I also watched today's match on Eurosport2 and I have to admit that she developed so much since I last saw her. I hadn't expected such a tremendous hitting from her. She hits extremely flat with davenport-like rhythm and has this odd forehand-grip. But it's soo effective. I mean Dementieva was screaming at times because the ball was really flying with such a great speed.
She also has a great attitude on court. She is very calm and doesn't get upset.

My prediction: By the end of the next year she will be Top20 if not higher:wavey:

Demska
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:38 PM
She is another Safarova. She will hover around 20-30 but not much more.

davidmario
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:42 PM

I'm not sure. She is only 17 and I got the feeling of her having this natural hitting ability. She hits so clean and although she's not the fastest she was able to place the ball decently when running.
That reminded me a lot of Davenport.
What's her next tournament?

dya74
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:43 PM
top 30 isn't so bad!

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Another mindless ballbasher with shitty serve and poor movement. We've seen plenty of them before.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Another mindless ballbasher with shitty serve and poor movement. We've seen plenty of them before.

I think the same. She's all about hitting the ball as hard as possible, not much tactics there.

Peterk07
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:15 PM
She won a $10k event in Szeged, Hungary in Oct. 2006. Zoltan Kucharszky saw her there, and said she will be top10 in 2 years. It seems he has an eye.

Rik.
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:19 PM
:rolleyes:

davidmario
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I think the one who said her serve was weak is wrong. She has a pretty effective serve. I'm so convinced she will prove you all wrong!

IMPOSSIBLE
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I'm not sure. She is only 17 and I got the feeling of her having this natural hitting ability. She hits so clean and although she's not the fastest she was able to place the ball decently when running.

Antwerp Qualifying :devil:

Piotr'ek
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Left-handed Petrova.

papru
ballbasher allert :shrug:

sammy01
shes as 1 dimensional as it comes, she hit 3 volleys, 2 of which she missed, also i think she hit 1 slice. she hits a good hard ball, but it will feed the big hitters and she will come undone by players with more variety. i predict like others top 30 maybe.

mashamaniac
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:13 PM
But she's not yet a real deal...

iPatty
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Petra has all of the potential in the world. She just needs to work on her fitness and get faster. She is only 17, she has plenty of time.

I strongly disagree with whoever said she had a weak serve. Her serve is very effective when it is on, and it has a lot of slice on it. She can work on her touch and volleys, look at what Vaidisova and Ivanovic have done.

iPatty
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:34 PM

Antwerp, then Doha and Dubai. :hearts:

davidmario
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:58 PM
:)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Like 40 players will be top 20 at November

switz
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:35 AM
is she hot? :)

vma
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:18 AM
is she hot? :)
:unsure:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/907/kvitovaaa7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jonny84
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Six ITF titles, and lots of winning streaks. She is only 17 so she is definitley one to watch out for I think!

Renalicious
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I think she'll get around Top 30 by early next year. She has a good game but lack of tactics and intelligence, but maybe her game will develop over the year/s.

Neptune
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I'm not talking about Kvitova here but...

People keep saying some players are ballbasher but how many ballbasher climb very quickly in the rankings in their young ages? A lot.

I'm sick to hear "She can't volley, she doesn't slice..."
Only 2 or 3 top players know how to volley or have a correct slice.

It doesn't change anything in the women's game if you want to be at the top.To be number one? Yes.To be in the top 10 or even top 5? No.

davidmario
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I think she'll get around Top 30 by early next year. She has a good game but lack of tactics and intelligence, but maybe her game will develop over the year/s.

People kept saying that about Sharapova too.
Look where she is now and she still can't slice and volley (except for the AO where she started to improve on her volleys I think)

Slumpsova
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM
she is the new Zakopalova.

Nicolás89
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
She has Davenport's kind of movement.

davidmario
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
She has Davenport's kind of movement.

but she also has her gamestyle and that is damn effective as we all know:angel:

Peterk07
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:47 PM
People keep saying some players are ballbasher but how many ballbasher climb very quickly in the rankings in their young ages? A lot.

It doesn't change anything in the women's game if you want to be at the top.To be number one? Yes.To be in the top 10 or even top 5? No.

No way a "mindless ballbasher" can reach top5. Those ones who do, have many more weapons in addition to power. The top100 is already full of "ballbashers", and their number will further increase in the future. In few years time virtually everyone out of the top 50 will be able to "bash" the ball and serve hard. Long forgotten skills will be needed again to make the difference. As it happened in men's tennis a decade ago.

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I'm not talking about Kvitova here but...

Take a look at the current Top-10.
Henin - mindless ballbasher? NO
Ivanovic - mindless ballbasher? Not anymore
Kuznetsova - mindless ballbasher? NO
Jankovic - mindless ballbasher? NO
Sharapova - mindless ballbasher? NO
Venus - mindless ballbasher? NO
Chakvetadze - mindless ballbasher? NO
Hantuchova - mindless ballbasher? NO
Bartoli - mindless ballbasher? NO
Serena - mindless ballbasher? NO

I can't even think of any former top-tenner in the last 5 years who was a mindless ballbasher. Pierce, Davenport, Mauresmo, Clijsters, Capriati, Myskina, Seles, Dementieva, Petrova, Zvonareva... Who?
Even Vaidisova doesn't fall into this category.

As for true mindless ballbashers such as Sprem, Na Li, Rezai, Mirza, guess what? They have never reached Top-10.

Neptune
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:35 PM
did I use the word "mindless"? No.

Even the ballbasher uses tactics with its own game.The difference between the good ballbasher in the top 10 and the others, it's that the good ballbasher has more solid bakground and can be consistent during its efforts.It means a better physic and a better mental, that's all.

I didn't say that it helps them to stay at the level, but it definitively helps to get to the top rapidly.

That was my point, and that's why you see a lot of young player, or ballbasher which increase their rankings rapidly.

You can be Top5 without having to use slice or do a correct volley.Just look at Sharapova in 2005-2006, still today she has problems with that.Just look at Ivanovic right now (playing a grand slam final at Ao and being beaten because she can't find no solution and has no game when her forehand falls down.Just look at Vaidisova when she was top 10 (and I'm a fan of her!).Just look at Bartoli...

And you don't even read me correctly because I said that the only player which was able to slice, have a good volley and can use variation was Henin, and that's why she's number one right now.
*I will not forget Jankovic and Kuznetsova also, but unfortunely, they don't have the mental for the moment.

The top100 is already full of "ballbashers", and their number will further increase in the future. In few years time virtually everyone out of the top 50 will be able to "bash" the ball and serve hard. Long forgotten skills will be needed again to make the difference. As it happened in men's tennis a decade ago.

I didn't say the contrary.I agree with that, it will change maybe in the future.But it will be all about fitness if the change happens, and we know how womens are bad about that (You can see a girl like Bartoli being top 10 with a shitty physic).I really hope.

Lunaris
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Female players start competing at high level in a rather early stage of their careers when they have yet to fully develop their game. I think it's a bit unfair to call Kvitova mindless ballbasher as she's only 17. Finesse should come with age, experience and a lot of practice. But whatever, I don't give a shit about what people here say.

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:48 PM

I can't even think of any former top-tenner in the last 5 years who was a mindless ballbasher. Pierce, Davenport, Mauresmo, Clijsters, Capriati, Myskina, Seles, Dementieva, Petrova, Zvonareva... Who?

As for true mindless ballbashers such as Sprem, Na Li, Rezai, Mirza, guess what? They have never reached Top-10.

95% agree. I would however add that Mirza is still young and is slowly but surely adding to her game hence her gradual move up the rankings.

And Vaidisova is certainly comes awfully close to qualifying as an MBB in my book.

sammy01
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:53 PM
95% agree. I would however add that Mirza is still young and is slowly but surely adding to her game hence her gradual move up the rankings.

And Vaidisova is certainly comes awfully close to qualifying as an MBB in my book.

yep i'll go along with that, but nicole is a ball basher. all the top 10 players can hit the ball hard and hit winners from anywhere, buts its there other shots/abilities that make them a cut above the rest.

radwanska
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:01 PM
http://blog.sme.sk/blog/6327/118065/IMG_2616.jpg
This girl reminds me alot of an up and coming Ivanovic.She takes the cover clean off every ball she hits and takes no prisoners on second serve's.She's got an amazing ''clean-strike'' of the tennis ball rather like all the czech's Berdych,Safarova,Vaidisova they must have coaches who really teach them agressive flat out tennis in the czech republic.I think she could do with putting alot of work into the volleys and speed area.Maybe look into getting a great fitness coach assuming that she doesnt have one already???If she can improve fitness and introduce more variaton into her game [like ana ivanovic nowadays],i can she her making top 20 by the end of next year for sure.That's just my view.

Peterk07
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I didn't say that it helps them to stay at the level, but it definitively helps to get to the top rapidly.

I 100% agree with you. I just doubt that this quick rise can send anyone to the top10 level. Even the most talented players run into a wall somewhere around the 15-50 places, where they need to settle down, and start working on a different level.

Anyway, I don't really like ballbashers (being mindless or not). I prefer well rounded improvisative players like Henin, Hingis, etc. Or this youngter, Alize Cornet. She looks like if she was Henin's younger sister. :) And her game is similar to Justine's game too.

COSAT
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:16 AM
This ballbasher girls :boring:

Uranium
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J0_kAe4y4c

Langers
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Safarova will be better than you give her credit for.

Derek.
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:47 AM

Well you either have..

A) Not seen her play in quite some time
B) Don't pay attention to what she does when you do see her play.
C) Either that or you're biased.

She's several things to her game in the past few months.

davidmario
Feb 10th, 2008, 07:16 PM
she lost to fedak :help:
but szavay lost to fedak also this year. she seems to be a good player.

I still believe in Petra:bounce:

davidmario
Feb 27th, 2008, 12:58 AM
sadly, I'm a huge fan of Venus:lol:

danieln1
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Lindsay will just beat her IF she manages to reach the semi-finals...

Cakeisgood
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:50 AM
She's like a weaker version of an early Sharapova. I say she'll be maximum top 15, but not much farther then that I'm afraid.

Brooks.
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:58 AM
blah blah blah

now that she beat venus she is going to win 50 slams!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!111

it's the same bullshit everytime. when will you people understand that venus self-implodes in these matches...not saying the girl can't play but this win says more about venus than it does about this chick

Wolverines08
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:21 AM
I've seen her live before...she's in better shape now then she's ever been...and since that video that was posted, she changed her forehand grip and motion a little and it's even HARDER. I like her, but Venus is my fav!

pav
Feb 27th, 2008, 05:08 AM
blah blah blah

it's the same bullshit everytime. when will you people understand that venus self-implodes in these matches...not saying the girl can't play but this win says more about venus than it does about this chick
I don't know much about her but only 3 posts in this thread were made after she beat Venus and before your post

davidmario
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:54 PM
blah blah blah

and when will you dumbass realize that this thread was created after she played against Dementieva in Paris weeks before yesterday's match?:rolleyes:

Sally Todd
Feb 27th, 2008, 05:11 PM
and when will you dumbass realize that this thread was created after she played against Dementieva in Paris weeks before yesterday's match?:rolleyes:

I'll realize. David Mario: :worship:

I predicted Petra would take Venus to 3 on the WWW thread, but I thought Venus's conditioning and experience would carry the day, based on the fact that Dementieva had recently worn down Kvitova.

Looks like it was the other way around!

Venus is my fave, so this result is really worrying. :sad: This looks like it might be the worst year for the Williams sisters, though it's still too early to say.

But :D to the very young Petra. From what little I've seen I don't like the look of her still very attractive lefty game quite as much as loopy Lucie's -- they're very similar. But she's getting better results, that's for sure! :tape:

davidmario
Feb 27th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I think she's more solid and not erratic like Lucie. Petra's technique looks perfectly fluent to me:hearts:
I'm also a huge fan of Venus but I think this win is so important for Petra and Venus will bounce back, like she always does:bounce:

Sally Todd
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah, Venus will bounce back. But 2008 sure has started rough for the Williams sisters. I think it is true that they are going to lose more frequently at this stage in their careers. Or at least Venus will, since she's the one that plays. :tape:

I hope Venus gets her momentum back in Miami and really hope she brings it at Wimbledon.

As for Petra, I just mean that I like the loopier look of Lucie's strokes, they're really fun to watch when she's playing well (which has been too long). I believe you that Petra's technique is better or more solid.

davidmario
Apr 27th, 2008, 02:45 AM
:p

Donatello
Apr 27th, 2008, 04:22 AM
This Kvitova has (had) a remarkable start of her pro career, although she didn't play outside of eastern europe till this year, her stats of recent years are only matched by Vaidisova and Sharapova.

She seems to be good at winning.

And slices and volley's are so 199x. It makes me think of Jana Novotna and Mauresmo, players who where in the top20 forever without winning ish.

justine schnyder
Apr 27th, 2008, 06:45 AM
I was pretty impressed with Kvitova yesterday (Not with the 1st set however..). I don't know how mindless she is, I actually didn't think she was brainless but whatever.. She had a good use of her FH and her BH DTL. Her mental side seemes very good. No matter what was the score she kept calm and even when she pumped her self she wasn';t annoying just saying something that I couldn't understand (Sounded like "hoit!" )
But if she wants to take it one step further she has to improve her movement and her volly.. She was in the net something like 3 or 4 times yesterday, 3 times he missed the volley (which was in open court) and one time she backed off and hit a long BH instead of a volley

Becool
Apr 27th, 2008, 06:53 AM
what a bad forehand she has

starin
Apr 27th, 2008, 08:00 AM
This Kvitova has (had) a remarkable start of her pro career, although she didn't play outside of eastern europe till this year, her stats of recent years are only matched by Vaidisova and Sharapova.

She seems to be good at winning.

And slices and volley's are so 199x. It makes me think of Jana Novotna and Mauresmo, players who where in the top20 forever without winning ish.

umm...Ivanovic...Kuzentsova?

RND
Apr 27th, 2008, 09:07 AM
This girl IS something.Medina-Garrigues,venus,and now Peer. :yeah:

I'd like to see her play somewhere.

Sally Todd
May 29th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Time to bump this thread. Petra is posting some impressive scorelines at Roland Garros.

Considering how big she hits, there might be some surprises to come. :devil:

I wish she wasn't playing Szavay, they're two of my faves among the younger players.

If Agi beats Petra it's going to require Agi to call on her resources. Agi has more variety. But Petra probably hits harder, and it's looking like Petra isn't missing. Whichever player emerges from their match has a decent chance of making at least the quarters.

hankqq
May 29th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Being a big hitter AND a lefty really helps. Over the last year, her ranking has really risen quite quickly, so she must have a lot of potential there. I do hope to see her play soon, but I want Szavay to beat her in this tournament.

davidmario
May 29th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I just wanted to bump my thread and I saw that someone did it today after her impressive win over stosur:)

I didn't watch the match but judging from the comments of those who watched it she must have played flawless tennis today:eek:

You go Petra, I'll always believe in you:bigclap:

davidmario
May 29th, 2008, 10:40 PM
BTW plenty possibilities to prove the haters wrong now in this thread:lol: just read page 1 :haha:

colt13
May 29th, 2008, 10:46 PM
She is a future top 20 for sure. I prefer to watch a lefty like Dellacqua because of the spin, but she reminds me of Vaidisova of 06-07. I also assume clay is not her best surface.

davidmario
May 31st, 2008, 07:17 PM
:kiss:
Amazing display of tennis from our ballbashing-queen again!

haters:wavey:

hankqq
May 31st, 2008, 07:19 PM
Kvitova keeps on rising. I hope she can a title or 2 this year.

fufuqifuqishahah
May 31st, 2008, 07:22 PM
if she has a very strong serve, then she'll be top 10. every elite ball basher has a very strong serve, if you don't, your just another one.

RenaSlam.
May 31st, 2008, 07:25 PM
anyone have clips of her?

davidmario
May 31st, 2008, 07:28 PM
anyone have clips of her?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kvitova&search_type=

Dodoboy.
May 31st, 2008, 07:30 PM
wow, what a call.

She could easily make a QF here :eek:

RenaSlam.
May 31st, 2008, 07:33 PM
Good call on this one.

davidmario
May 31st, 2008, 07:41 PM

mirzalover
May 31st, 2008, 09:05 PM
Burned all yall bitches! Good call davidmario!

iPatty
May 31st, 2008, 10:05 PM
Good call from davidmario, but there were a lot of us predicting this way before this thread was made. ;)

I still have to give davidmario credit for having the guts to post this in GM where, as we saw in the first few pages of this thread, ignorant and intolerant posters shot him down. :o

Petra. :worship:

davidmario
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:11 AM
Good call from davidmario, but there were a lot of us predicting this way before this thread was made. ;)

I still have to give davidmario credit for having the guts to post this in GM where, as we saw in the first few pages of this thread, ignorant and intolerant posters shot him down. :o

Petra. :worship:

yeah her previous results in challengers impressed me also in 2007. I know she once trashed anne schäfer in a itf final very badly and that really surprised me.
let's hope she has a good day against kanepi.

dybbuk
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:20 AM
shes as 1 dimensional as it comes, she hit 3 volleys, 2 of which she missed, also i think she hit 1 slice. she hits a good hard ball, but it will feed the big hitters and she will come undone by players with more variety. i predict like others top 30 maybe.

I know you're not talking about "Dropshot Dragon" Kvitova. :angel:

davidmario
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:28 AM
This has nothing to do with RG but hey... imagine Petra whacking her flat balls on a grass court! :eek::scared:

Natash.
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:11 PM
Hope she can find consistency beyond this tournament and not be in the same position Safarova is right now.

dybbuk
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:20 PM
Hope she can find consistency beyond this tournament and not be in the same position Safarova is right now.

Petra's game is naturally more consistent than Lucie's IMO. Petra's serve will be great I think, better than Lucie's, it's already very good and I think she'll learn to use her height even better than she does now on it. So that is automatically going to help her tough out matches when her groundstrokes aren't there. Also, her swings aren't such huge cuts in comparison to Lucie. She's not going to have the fits that Safarova has in timing her shots.

Wiggly
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:27 PM
She always performs well on big events. She's strong mentally.

davidmario
Oct 13th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Made it through Zurich Qualies crushing Johansson and beating Pironkova for the second time this year. Today best win against ALG 6-3 7-5:worship:
GL in MD, Petra:hug:

Buitenzorg
Oct 14th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Made it through Zurich Qualies crushing Johansson and beating Pironkova for the second time this year. Today best win against ALG 6-3 7-5:worship:
GL in MD, Petra:hug:

I doubt that she can beats [6]SCHNYDER at R1 Zurich :tape:

tenn_ace
Oct 14th, 2008, 06:25 AM
She won a $10k event in Szeged, Hungary in Oct. 2006. Zoltan Kucharszky saw her there, and said she will be top10 in 2 years. It seems he has an eye.

did he mean top 10 juniors?

Minotaur
Oct 14th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Kvitova can be good but not now.

she's also a psycho

davidmario
Oct 14th, 2008, 04:03 PM
You can watch the match live on eurosportplayer right now. It costs you 5euros for a month and you can see many more matches than on normal eurosport.

BTW, the announce just said Kvitova was one of the shooting stars of the WTA tour:lol::weirdo:

Paneru
Oct 14th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Hmmmm.....Will that damn 'Venus Curse' claim yet another? :cool:

davidmario
Oct 14th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I doubt that she can beats [6]SCHNYDER at R1 Zurich :tape:

uh huh. yeah, right. whatever.:rolleyes:

davidmario
Oct 22nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
beats craybas 6-2 6-0

and today she crushed paszek 6-3 6-3 :)

petra:bounce:

davidmario
Jan 15th, 2009, 06:15 PM
*bump*
into first final on the WTA tour.
special one: plays benesova who shares the same coach as she does. Benesova said she won't call the coach on court.

davidmario
Jan 15th, 2009, 06:16 PM
both lefties
:rocker:

davidmario
Jan 15th, 2009, 06:16 PM
czech lefties rule:rocker: Why Nicole doesn't try to hit with the left hand?:shrug:

davidmario
Jan 16th, 2009, 07:29 PM
congrats, petra:hug:
I remember her winning a 10k title in germany beating anne schäfer 6-0 6-1 in the final, that was more than two years ago I think:)
you go petra. tough draw for AO:scared:

Sally Todd
Jan 17th, 2009, 02:39 AM
:D for Petra's first tour tournament win.

Of all the new players she's the one whom I most want to see. She's had some hiccups since the early days of this thread, but 2009 could be big.

Horrible AO draw though. :eek:

So unfair that she Azarenka are facing off in the first round after winning tournaments. :o But it'll probably be a wild match. :devil:

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 17th, 2009, 03:40 AM
round one will be a tough match

davidmario
Sep 6th, 2009, 03:21 PM
bumppppp :)

what a nice history this thread has now.

davidmario
Sep 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM
First post
I've been following her results for more than a year now and saw her playing via the internet a few times.
I also watched today's match on Eurosport2 and I have to admit that she developed so much since I last saw her. I hadn't expected such a tremendous hitting from her. She hits extremely flat with davenport-like rhythm and has this odd forehand-grip. But it's soo effective. I mean Dementieva was screaming at times because the ball was really flying with such a great speed.
She also has a great attitude on court. She is very calm and doesn't get upset.

My prediction: By the end of the next year she will be Top20 if not higher:wavey:

Hmmm, do you think with a eventual US Open Semfinal she could do it?

BTW, she said that her favourite surface was paris indoors and that was the tournament when I saw her play Dementieva and created this thread here. I was just confused that she sucks on grass. I thought this was a good surface for her as well.

Anyway, HOTCH!

davidmario
Sep 6th, 2009, 10:11 PM
tomorrow second match on armstrong. go petra!

Orbis
Sep 6th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I like hearing commentators pronounce her name "Kuh-vitovuh"

tennisbum79
Sep 6th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I will not watch out for her, I have see her like before.
She is just an encore: an another average-ova to add to a growing list.

davidmario
Oct 17th, 2009, 06:24 PM
One of the best matches Petra has played in her career:hearts:

drake3781
Oct 18th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Kvitova can be good but not now.

she's also a psycho

How is she psycho? :confused:

drake3781
Oct 18th, 2009, 03:14 AM
I jumped on board at USO 2009. :wavey: Loved watching her play vs. Dinara. So calm, cool, and collected. Was one of my USO highlights.

Dominic
Oct 18th, 2009, 05:32 AM
She could, and should get into much better shape.

ZODIAC
Oct 18th, 2009, 05:51 AM
She seems to be getting in better shape and next year will be her breakthrough year..

Roookie
Oct 18th, 2009, 07:53 AM
she became the tour's hero just by knocking Safina out of the USO.

davidmario
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Another highlight performance today:) I still remember her beating Anne Schäfer from Germany in that 10k ITF final 1 and 0 back in Jan 2007

danieln1
Jun 28th, 2010, 04:57 PM
She just mauled Caroline

davidmario
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:41 PM
another milestone!
i had tears in my eyes when she won. I cannot express my feelings right now. This win totally made up for that Venus loss for me:)
Petra, I am sooo proud! Let's just hope Serena has an off-day serve-wise:scared:

davidmario
Jun 29th, 2010, 09:42 PM
She is mentally so strong and she improved her level of fitness extremely!
This match reminded me of the way she nailed winners on matchpoints against her when she defeated Safina at the Us Open last year.

ZODIAC
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:30 PM
She seems to be getting in better shape and next year will be her breakthrough year..:bounce:

Singleniacki
Jun 29th, 2010, 10:31 PM

Dawson.
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:16 AM

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Sp!ffy
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:24 AM
I saw Petra at the AO and I liked her. Now after watching her at Wimbledon, I'm truly impressed. I've found myself another player that I really like and I only have a handful of those. :inlove: Please Petra, the WTA needs you.

AnaJie
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:53 AM
http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Sally Todd
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:06 AM
So proud of Petra. Her attitude out there today was inspiring.

She's really improved her movement, I think.

I think she can continue to improve overall too.

Sally Todd
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:16 AM
This has nothing to do with RG but hey... imagine Petra whacking her flat balls on a grass court! :eek::scared:

That was what you said two years ago. :D

Aaron.
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:18 AM
If Petra won Wimbledon TF would go crazy :help:

davidmario
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:32 PM
That was what you said two years ago. :D

haha sally, you always make me feel better about this:hug:

davidmario
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:04 PM
wTUawk2qo1w
i can never get enough of this video:lick:

the way she paints the line on the first matchpoint against her almost made me cum:lol: :P

davidmario
Jan 8th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I'm so proud of my guurrrlll :)

She really painted the lines today!! :bounce:

A-Bond
Jan 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM
She played well this week, that's true, but that's no reason to hype her like that :o I mean first Groth, then Petkovic and now her. It's the first tournament of the year :o

davidmario
Jan 8th, 2011, 11:45 AM
She played well this week, that's true, but that's no reason to hype her like that :o I mean first Groth, then Petkovic and now her. It's the first tournament of the year :o

I created this thread in the beginning of 2008, I just bump it everytime she highlights.

Pops Maellard
Jan 8th, 2011, 11:45 AM
wTUawk2qo1w
i can never get enough of this video:lick:

the way she paints the line on the first matchpoint against her almost made me cum:lol: :P

Wow she's lost a lot of weight since that vid. :eek:

GoofyDuck
Jan 8th, 2011, 12:33 PM
this thread is great!

flareon
Jan 8th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Her movement is so much better I saw the first set... She is one to watch.

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 8th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Nice win for her today :)!

She will be really dangerous at the Aussie OPen!

Whats her next tournament? Will she play Sydney?

Chakvenus
Jan 8th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Well, if 2009 and 2010 are anything to go by for the superstitious types, the winners of Brisbane in those past two years have gone on to be rather successful for the rest of the year (Vika and the Saint)

Wiggly
Jan 8th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Nice win for her today :)!

She will be really dangerous at the Aussie OPen!

Whats her next tournament? Will she play Sydney?

She was scheduled to play the Qualies so she's heading to Melbourne.

MiiMo
Jan 8th, 2011, 07:00 PM
If she win consistency, she will be terrible to play at the Aussie.

it-girl
Jan 8th, 2011, 07:01 PM
She has a lot of potential.

davidmario
Jan 21st, 2011, 05:13 PM
Still unbeaten and a big match coming up this night :worship:
They've met at the RG08 before with Petra winning 6-2 6-1

Go Petra, rip some winners :rocker:

Inger67
Jan 21st, 2011, 06:36 PM
I hope Petra can upset Stosur, but I really don't know. Stosur's hitting against Dushevina was simply amazing!

harloo
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Obviously the goods are there but she's inconsistent and a bit mentally fragile.

Roookie
Jan 22nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Her Wimbledon semi looked like a big fluke, but she's starting to back it up. Go Petra :cheer:

Sally Todd
Jan 22nd, 2011, 03:01 PM
Watch out for Petra Kvitova!:devil:

davidmario
Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:18 PM
She is playing amazingly well these days :) Pennetta can be tough for her tho:scared:

Temperenka
Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:19 PM
She will spank Flavia.

MalJackson
Jan 23rd, 2011, 03:02 PM
kvitova hates playing grinders like flavia

davidmario
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:26 AM
amazing performance against a tricky opponent. Boy did the spank that ball towards the end of the match:scared:

Mynarco
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:28 AM
AWESOME prediction thread

DeliriousPotato
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:29 AM
I think the same. She's all about hitting the ball as hard as possible, not much tactics there.

Not so sure about that. Her serve is weak, but you can tell she has a good hold on that lefty slice serve when she's serving on the advantages square, her net game is good and as for the groundstrokes, well there I'll have to agree with you, it's pretty ball-bashy :lol: but there was a tactic in some sort, because as a lefty she was going for Pennetta's backhand.

Inger67
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:30 AM
AWESOME prediction thread

I concur.

espntennis
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:31 AM
she's good!

Cleffa
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:45 AM
If she upsets Zvonareva and Kim she'll be bigger than the win over Soderling by Dolgopolov. Unless Raocnic beats Ferrer or Makarova beats Clijsters, which is what I'm hoping for lol.

delicatecutter
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Her Wimbledon semi looked like a big fluke, but she's starting to back it up. Go Petra :cheer:

No it didn't. She's not Pironkova.

Sally Todd
Jan 24th, 2011, 02:04 AM
I :hearts: this thread.

Petra had me worried early today, but she stayed confident, and with her game, she doesn't need to bluff.

Watch Out For Petra Kvitova. When she gets her player forum, that should be its name.:devil:

Mynarco
Feb 13th, 2011, 01:47 PM
bump.

Bismarck.
Feb 13th, 2011, 01:53 PM
[getting ahead of myself]I can see her winning Wimbledon.[/getting ahead of myself]

Cp6uja
16-1 so far this season.

Looks like she will reach this season another MOST IMPRESSIVE NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR award from WTA :yeah:

Renalicious
:speakles:

RenaSlam.
Feb 13th, 2011, 01:54 PM
GOAT thread.

Young 8
Feb 13th, 2011, 01:54 PM

nice posts

MHingisfan
Feb 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM
For me Petra in top 10! :yeah:

M.P
Feb 13th, 2011, 03:06 PM
she will take out Radwanska out of top10 soon! :cheer:

Shinjiro
Feb 13th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Spot on thread davidmario

Vikapower
Feb 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM
For her to be top 10 she desperatly needs to perform better in WTA events - Open GDF Suez is a start but there are still big events to come (Dubaï ??), Doha, IW and Miami before clay season so she has to take max points in at least 2 of these 4 and not suck until... the next major :shrug: like she's historically done.

Alejandrawrrr
Feb 13th, 2011, 03:27 PM
She's what on Monday? #13? Work it diva :worship:

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 13th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Petra is doing amazing really. She is gaining a lot of fans lately and I am one of them.

Her power game is insane when its on fire like today and through this week. Hopefully she'll be consistent and takes many tittles this year :)

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Petra is doing amazing really. She is gaining a lot of fans lately and I am one of them.

Her power game is insane when its on fire like today and through this week. Hopefully she'll be consistent and takes many tittles this year :).

Sally Todd
Feb 13th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Boo Yah! :devil:

This week, Petra hit herself in the face with a ball and crushed the latest #1 :D

OraceneW
Feb 13th, 2011, 05:54 PM
This girl can take out the trash in a premier but she cant beat my girls at the slams, i aint hating y'all xx

cellophane
Feb 13th, 2011, 05:56 PM
This girl can take out the trash in a premier but she cant beat my girls at the slams, i aint hating y'all xx

When will Queen Serena be back to put the 4 slam wonder in her place? :sad:

OraceneW
Feb 13th, 2011, 05:57 PM
When will Queen Serena be back to put the 4 slam wonder in her place? :sad:

Kim wont win no more slams or friends with her negativity girl, i aint hating on here, just saying how i see it xxx

davidmario
Feb 15th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Spot on thread davidmario

thank youuu, nice to see your girl doing better, too.

Morita is on fire, and Petra really showed all her indoor skills in Paris...
Her match in Dubai will be today and I wonder why the organizers put her on court 3 :weirdo:
Hope she won't be too tired. But her technique and her footwork is so effortless. It looks like she could rip those winners even when asleep:rocker: So injury probably won't be likely to happen anytime sooN:)

Inger67
Feb 15th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Go get top 10 this week Petra! and then overtake Kim for #1 :angel:

goat
Feb 15th, 2011, 05:09 AM
How long is it if Petra keeps winning like this that she will be top 5? I hope by the end of the year!

zhengjieforever
Feb 15th, 2011, 05:42 AM

li na has reached a GS final and top 7 =)

Havok
Feb 15th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Watch out.

cosmoose
Feb 15th, 2011, 07:42 AM

:lol:

The 2nd Law
Feb 15th, 2011, 09:53 AM
GOATra. Top 10 and then top 5. Just keep this consistency :cheer:

Tennis Ball
Feb 15th, 2011, 11:50 AM
@ Davidmario, post 1,3 and 9: :worship: :worship:

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 15th, 2011, 11:54 AM
:!

davidmario
May 6th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Top10 !!!

Tomorrow a match I've been looking forward to for a long time now since I first paid attention to Li Na when she was winning all these 10Ks beating players like Bahia Mouhtassine in tight sets:angel: ... A shame I didn't open a "Watch out for Li Na"-thread back then :P

GoofyDuck
May 6th, 2011, 09:02 PM
:cheer: Congrats Petra!!! :cheer:

Sp!ffy
May 6th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Petra is a ballbasher but at least she's good at it. Props to her. :worship::hearts:

fufuqifuqishahah
May 6th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Petra is a ballbasher but at least she's good at it. Props to her. :worship::hearts:

she seems to have the attitude of a champion, so we shall see :D

she uses angles well too

davidmario
May 7th, 2011, 01:44 AM
she seems to have the attitude of a champion, so we shall see :D

she uses angles well too

good anticipation makes up for her average footwork as well ;)

Potato
May 7th, 2011, 01:51 AM
From beating Clijsters to losing in a 25k back to beating Zvonareva :facepalm: Learn some consistency girll!

davidmario
May 7th, 2011, 02:04 AM
From beating Clijsters to losing in a 25k back to beating Zvonareva :facepalm: Learn some consistency girll!

it was a 100K and she lost to Barrois who is playing hot tennis right now.
But I believe this tournament in Madrid is a sign of regained consistency;)

HRHoliviasmith
May 7th, 2011, 02:14 AM
I like her but she's not consistent at all.

Hardiansf
May 7th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Good job davidmario! :cool:
WTA surely needs new stars. Kvitova and Goerges become more recognizable.
Imagine if they met at Madrid final :eek:

delicatecutter
May 7th, 2011, 02:54 AM

A ballbasher who can kill Wozniacki, unlike Sharapova. Thank God for Petra Kvitova! :inlove:

delicatecutter
May 7th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Good job davidmario! :cool:
WTA surely needs new stars. Kvitova and Goerges become more recognizable.
Imagine if they met at Madrid final :eek:

DREAM FINAL! I WOULD DIE!

HRHoliviasmith
May 7th, 2011, 02:57 AM
A ballbasher who can kill Wozniacki, unlike Sharapova. Thank God for Petra Kvitova! :inlove:

:lol:

fufuqifuqishahah
May 7th, 2011, 03:06 AM
I like her but she's not consistent at all.

you don't need year-long consistency to become a multi-GS champion, you just need to keep up the consistency within a single tournament. :]

danieln1
May 7th, 2011, 03:26 AM
I was going to bump this if she wins the tournament!

Sp!ffy
May 7th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Um..was that supposed to be in an insult or something? Sharapova has crushed Wozniacki before and Wozniacki has crushed Kvitova also. :scratch: I'm really starting to doubt that you even watch the sport.

Sp!ffy
May 7th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Why are you even bringing Sharapova into this thread? You act like a 12 year old instead of a 40 year old, it's a shame. :tape:

Sp!ffy
May 7th, 2011, 03:53 AM
L.m.f.a.o. :lol:

K, bye. :wavey::hearts:

njnetswill
May 7th, 2011, 03:57 AM
So many posts by banned posters in this thread :tape:

delicatecutter
May 7th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Hopefully that trend will continue.

Dominika23
May 7th, 2011, 05:35 AM
I think Perta Kvitova great she have alot talent and I believe can stay in the top ten for a while she one of the best young rising star. The only problem I can find with her game is her speed like many had said and her consistency she can be very up & down at time. she remind me of Alisa Kleybanova & Yanina Wickmayer (not that much of Alisa because is very inconsistent but all three ladies have the game to be on top and have cause many off upset but lose to somebody stupid at time and goes on bad losing steaks. But overall I agree with the rest I think she be around a top 20 player and she enter the top ten time and time and same for the other such as Wickmayer & Kleybanova & Pavlyuchenkova who i think is the next ladies to enter the top ten

davidmario
May 7th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Kvitova and Li make the clay look like fast carpet :lol:

Matt01
May 7th, 2011, 12:48 PM

Didn't she lose her last few matches aginst Woz?

GoofyDuck
May 7th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Kvitova and Li make the clay look like fast carpet :lol:

:haha: indeed

iPatty
May 7th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Didn't she lose her last few matches aginst Woz?

They only played once since Wimbledon...

RenaSlam.
May 7th, 2011, 02:10 PM

Hm.?

davidmario
May 8th, 2011, 05:01 PM
watching the match for the second time already... Petra:hearts: wise decision to skip rome ;)

infinitusone
May 8th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I've been watching her carefully, especially at last years Wimbledon and highlights of her in youtube. I think she has got the best forehand in the game and it's debatable between her's and Serena's in my personal opinion, it's effortless and powerful and her DTL forehand I think it's the best in the game, again it's debatable between her's and Serena's. I don't really see her having any major weakness with the exception of her movement. Having said that I think she is a better mover than Sharapova and she won 3 majors. I could be incorrect but I see her being the future of the wta, meaning after Serena, Venus and Clijsters retire Kvitova is going to be the girl to beat. Outside of those three in my opinion I don't see another player that could match Kvitova. Yeah of course she looses, but when I see her loosing matches it's looks to me like she is making dumb rookie mistakes and not from her opponent dominating her. She is leaning from these mistakes. And I also see in her having a genuine attitude of my game is better than yours and I can prove it by beating you. So with her game and attitude I personally think she is going to win lots of majors and that she is the future of the wta

Noctis
May 8th, 2011, 06:28 PM
It wasnt a surpise when she beat Venus at her age.

sammy01
May 8th, 2011, 06:35 PM
i have to admit i didn't think petr would be consistent enough to be top 10 (though she still has as many WTF results as great ones) but she has done well. i think she is being helped obviously by womens tennis being so wide open as well.

hey who thought fran would be number 4 or stosur top 5. womens tennis is so open for someone to grab hold of right now, any player can smell a chance to rank up a big title and high ranking right now.

The Daviator
May 8th, 2011, 06:36 PM
The first few pages are hilarious. Every young player is dimissed when people predict big things for them, people do realize that older players are replaced by younger ones? :unsure:

Anyway, good call on Petra by the OP :yeah:

doomsday
May 8th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I've been watching her carefully, especially at last years Wimbledon and highlights of her in youtube. I think she has got the best forehand in the game and it's debatable between her's and Serena's in my personal opinion, it's effortless and powerful and her DTL forehand I think it's the best in the game, again it's debatable between her's and Serena's. I don't really see her having any major weakness with the exception of her movement. Having said that I think she is a better mover than Sharapova and she won 3 majors. I could be incorrect but I see her being the future of the wta, meaning after Serena, Venus and Clijsters retire Kvitova is going to be the girl to beat. Outside of those three in my opinion I don't see another player that could match Kvitova. Yeah of course she looses, but when I see her loosing matches it's looks to me like she is making dumb rookie mistakes and not from her opponent dominating her. She is leaning from these mistakes. And I also see in her having a genuine attitude of my game is better than yours and I can prove it by beating you. So with her game and attitude I personally think she is going to win lots of majors and that she is the future of the wta

Maria at her peak had better control of her strokes and a better serve too. Maria's way to put players on the run is just not match for Kvitova and she can also find better angles especially with her BH.
But overall I agree she can be the player to beat once Williams sisters and Clijsters retire and if Maria never reached her previous form.

infinitusone
May 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Maria at her peak had better control of her strokes and a better serve.
It's hard for me to argue against this.
Having said that though, I have never seen a forehand hit as hard and with effortless power as with Kvitova. Unlike Aravane Rezaï who seems to me is using all her energy to create all that power. It seems as if Kvitova could hit a winner at will so long as if she is not in a defensive situation. Her forehand is already creating havoc on the tour and there's plenty of evidence of that right now. It kinda reminds me of Roger Federer back in '03 and '04. The saying was "do not hit to his forehand."

doomsday
May 8th, 2011, 07:24 PM
It's hard for me to argue against this.
Having said that though, I have never seen a forehand hit as hard and with effortless power as with Kvitova. Unlike Aravane Rezaï who seems to me is using all her energy to create all that power. It seems as if Kvitova could hit a winner at will so long as if she is not in a defensive situation. Her forehand is already creating havoc on the tour and there's plenty of evidence of that right now. It kinda reminds me of Roger Federer back in '03 and '04. The saying was "do not hit to his forehand."

Agreed, really effortless remind me Davenport sometimes even if Davenport ball striking was more awesome and with a better control too.

smarties
May 8th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Agreed, really effortless remind me Davenport sometimes even if Davenport ball striking was more awesome and with a better control too.

Davenport ball striking rarely made me go Wowww!!! while Petra's shot often make me go: ''Are you kidding me???!!! :eek::eek::eek:''I think it's the fact that Davey had more topspin while Petra's shot are a lot flatter.

Corswandt
May 8th, 2011, 10:38 PM
i have to admit i didn't think petr would be consistent enough to be top 10 (though she still has as many WTF results as great ones) but she has done well. i think she is being helped obviously by womens tennis being so wide open as well.

hey who thought fran would be number 4 or stosur top 5. womens tennis is so open for someone to grab hold of right now, any player can smell a chance to rank up a big title and high ranking right now.

Full contrition or nothing. This is nothing.

sammy01
May 8th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Full contrition or nothing. This is nothing.

then nothing, rezai won madrid last year :help:. i wanna see a young player knock over a big gun in a slam!

if kim doesn't win RG, i bet it is some been around for 10 years player like petrova or flavia.

delicatecutter
May 8th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Just read the whole thread. :inlove: Petra's rise reminds me of Ivanovic's but not as fast. Hopefully that ends up being a good thing in the long run. :cheer:

Rex59
May 9th, 2011, 12:10 AM

Well put and I totally agree.:)

davidmario
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Great mental effort to overcome a sloppy day and make it through to her first GS Final:bounce:
ONE MORE, Petrá:hug:

Also loved how she kiss waved to her coach and he waved one back. I saw her practice at wimbledon and her coach makes tennis so much fun for petra. Whenever she looked bored, he pulled a joke and they were all smiles again:)

Please play the entire final like you played all of the first sets this tournament, Petra:rocker:

Sally Todd
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Great mental effort to overcome a sloppy day and make it through to her first GS Final:bounce:
ONE MORE, Petrá:hug:

Also loved how she kiss waved to her coach and he waved one back. I saw her practice at wimbledon and her coach makes tennis so much fun for petra. Whenever she looked bored, he pulled a joke and they were all smiles again:)

Please play the entire final like you played all of the first sets this tournament, Petra:rocker:

Yes. And if she wins, handle the moment in the manner she has thus far.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Seeing this thread is like looking at a baby born, then growing up.:hearts:

J4m3ka
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:21 PM

:oh:

MB.
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:28 PM
For once, TF makes a correct prediction :lol:

Great job to everyone who saw it coming, and lol @ those who talked down about Petra.

TimeyWimey
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:42 PM
i love this thread, and i think Petra would love this as well:)

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:44 PM
David :worship:

davidmario
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:01 PM
i love this thread, and i think Petra would love this as well:)

haha lets hope she's one of the creepy players who read TF and if not then lets hope that one of the creeply players on TF tell her about this thread :)

Root
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:12 PM
The first few pages of this thread. :lol:

Step.

melodynelson
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:29 PM

My favorite posts in the thread.

I would be SO happy to see Kvitova win this slam. Soon we'll see.

Beat
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Seeing this thread is like looking at a baby born, then growing up.:hearts:

awwww, you put it very nicely.

my favourite post in this thread :worship:

Elenarulez
Jun 30th, 2011, 06:18 PM
One more match Petra! Wow David! Really good prediction!

FORZA SARITA
Jun 30th, 2011, 08:49 PM
:unsure:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/907/kvitovaaa7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

wow she has really improved her fitness :eek:
i remember her match against Flavia in Barcelona '08 or '09 and gosh she was so awful :facepalm:
now i just adore her :hearts: KvittyGOAT power :worship:

davidmario
Jun 30th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I wonder when the first commentator talks about this thread:lol:

davidmario
Jun 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I think the one who said her serve was weak is wrong. She has a pretty effective serve. I'm so convinced she will prove you all wrong!

:jerkoff: :haha:

lefty24
Jun 30th, 2011, 09:09 PM
:jerkoff: :haha:

:worship::worship:

Sammo
Jun 30th, 2011, 09:51 PM
And now she's not even in the top 200, what a fail of a thread :lol: Oh guys you better were adoring the world's number 1, Daniela Hantuchova :) or at least the reigning Roland Garros champion Sam Stosur :rolleyes:

What? Life's cooler in my own reality :o

hingisGOAT
Jun 30th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Kvitova in a Slam final says more about today's WTA than it does about Kvitova.

homogenius
Jun 30th, 2011, 10:49 PM
She progressed a lot.When really on she's simply unplayable on fast surfaces (luckily for her opponents she can still have some huge lapses of concentration and when she starts missing she is not just giving 1 or 2 points :lol:).I think she moves decently considering she's quite a big girl but she is still not in optimal shape so she can improve on that..And it wouldn't hurt if she was able to add some variety in her game too.

RenaSlam.
Jun 30th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Good call on this one.

delicatecutter
Jul 1st, 2011, 01:19 AM
She'll win on Saturday if there's any justice in this world. :hearts:

RobinT83
Jul 1st, 2011, 01:22 AM

This.

delicatecutter
Jul 1st, 2011, 01:39 AM

Hardly. I don't know what era you're living in, but I think Kvitova's game would fare just fine against Hingis. It's true that there are no dominant players on the WTA right now but Petra is on the verge of changing that. In the past year, she has wins over Wozniacki, Clijsters, Zvonaryova, Azarenka, Li, and potentially now Sharapova. That's the current WTA Top 6. Amaze feat!

bandabou
Jul 1st, 2011, 08:35 AM

:spit: Says the fan of THE transitional champ if there ever was one! :lol: Sometimes people just don't think when they speak huh? :facepalm:

Petra has a very good game. Specially on fast surfaces, if she's on..it can be very deadly. I think she still can improve qua fitness and variety, but there's plenty to like.

Beat
Jul 1st, 2011, 09:08 AM

no, it doesn't.

sammy01
Jul 1st, 2011, 09:28 AM
still not set or sold on kvitova, but if in the years to come her opposition to win slams is going to be caro, vika or pirokova lol then she may rack up loads of them.

i just hate these days that sharapova and kvitova are reaching slam finals and their toughest challenges are domi, lisicki, pironkova and vika.

gone are the days of serena having to go through momo, henin and venus, or momo sharapova and davenport

doomsday
Jul 1st, 2011, 10:11 AM
I think that if her opposition on grass is Caro, Vika etc... she will win many Wimbledon but on HC she will have a tougher opposition.
About the draws, Serena and Venus were actually IN but they lost earlier it's not Maria and Petra's problem if Serena couldn't pass Bartoli and Venus played like shit vs Pironkova anyway it was predictable WS weren't going to win Wimbledon forever.

J4m3ka
Jul 1st, 2011, 10:34 AM
About the draws, Serena and Venus were actually IN but they lost earlier it's not Maria and Petra's problem if Serena couldn't pass Bartoli and Venus played like shit vs Pironkova anyway it was predictable WS weren't going to win Wimbledon forever.

Serena was simply rusty. Not playing competitive tennis for 12 months under her circumstances does have a huge impact on the beginning of your comeback. For the record though, Serena straight setted both of our '11 finalists last year and disposed of the Shrieker fairly easily the year before.

davidmario
Jul 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
Bye Bye GM:wavey:

eck
Jul 2nd, 2011, 02:49 PM
:worship:

danieln1
Jul 2nd, 2011, 02:56 PM
Ridiculous that this thread is not in GM anymore, it is the best prediction thread of all time, I wonder how many good reps the starter got

theFutureisNow
Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
Congrats Petra!!!

It really feels that this is the start of a new era- the Kvitova era.

Grass might be her strongest surface, but it's getting to the point that most players can't compete with her on any surface. On a good day Petra is unbeatable.

debby
Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:33 PM

:hysteric:

Amazing thread, I am so happy you got it right. :worship:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Finally the baby has grown up to an adult. Now just wait for her to mature and become more successful.:worship: :hearts:

Mynarco
Jul 2nd, 2011, 04:32 PM

davidmario
Jul 2nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
Put this back into GM, pleasee. It's been there for 3 years so we have to keep up the tradition ;)

I still haven't really realized what happened today:sobbing: If Kveta wins in doubles this goes down as one of the best days in my life:lol:

heelsrule1988
Jul 2nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
Considering today's events, this thread has legendary status now. :lol:

If Maria had to lose, at least it was to someone like Petra. Seems like a very sweet girl... good for her.

danieln1
Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Put this back into GM, pleasee. It's been there for 3 years so we have to keep up the tradition ;)

I still haven't really realized what happened today:sobbing: If Kveta wins in doubles this goes down as one of the best days in my life:lol:

This.

It´s become a legendary thread!

It´s so funny to read some of the responses!

davidmario
Jul 2nd, 2011, 09:46 PM
The average speed of Petra's shots was close to 80mph
Ten mph more than Masha's shots:eek:

duhcity
Jul 3rd, 2011, 06:50 AM
I am in love with this thread :lol:

davidmario
Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:37 AM
GM GM GM GM
this thread will die here

Adrian.
Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:10 PM

No way a "mindless ballbasher" can reach top5. Those ones who do, have many more weapons in addition to power. The top100 is already full of "ballbashers", and their number will further increase in the future. In few years time virtually everyone out of the top 50 will be able to "bash" the ball and serve hard. Long forgotten skills will be needed again to make the difference. As it happened in men's tennis a decade ago.

what a bad forehand she has

did he mean top 10 juniors?

EPIC FAIL :nerner::haha::rolls:

:oh::oh::oh:

delicatecutter
Jul 5th, 2011, 05:28 AM
No surprise Aaron made such a stupid comment. Petra won Wimbledon and TF rejoiced. :worship: