PDA

View Full Version : Serena to play mixed doubles at AO and FO again?

hulky9999
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
As a staunch Serena fan, I would love to see Serena win all 12 grand slam titles aka the "boxed set". She's so close, but she has to act fast, since she's already 26 years old. Anyone know if Serena plans to get the last 2 grand slam titles? :angel:

Dodoboy.
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:11 PM
i think she will in the last years of her career..
not anytime soon tho

hulky9999
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:02 PM
i think she will in the last years of her career..
not anytime soon tho

That would be too late, right? I say she get those two ASAP, just in case.

Tennisstar86
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:40 PM
no....the only thing with Serena that will get worse with age is speed... not somethin she needs to win a mixed doubles title...... look at Nav....

hulky9999
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM
no....the only thing with Serena that will get worse with age is speed... not somethin she needs to win a mixed doubles title...... look at Nav....

The doubles court is larger, though the individual court is smaller. Still, just in case something unpredictable happens, like a death in the family, Serena should get those two titles ASAP, no?

Craigy
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:59 PM
The doubles court is larger, though the individual court is smaller. Still, just in case something unpredictable happens, like a death in the family, Serena should get those two titles ASAP, no?

Serena has much more important things to focus on rather than getting two mixed doubles grand slam titles.

Direwolf
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:59 PM

Nav has great hands...
and like a million doubles titles..
comparing to Serenas 6

serenus_2k8
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I think Ree should just focus on getting some more singles titles. Perhaps another 10? :devil: :lol:

Demska
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:13 PM
:spit: She can barely play singles in a major.

hulky9999
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM

You forgot about Serena's AO 2007 win? It just happened last year. Geez, people are so shortsighted, they can only see the most recent slam.

sweetpeas
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
You forgot about Serena's AO 2007 win? It just happened last year. Geez, people are so shortsighted, they can only see the most recent slam.

So true!Justine won 2 last year,Venus one,and quess who won to? How quickly we forget!!!!!!!!!!

VishaalMaria
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:50 PM

No offence, but if you're going to insult a player, then don't open yourself up too. Serena can barely play singles? At least she's playing. :)

Tennisstar86
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Nav has great hands...
and like a million doubles titles..
comparing to Serenas 6

Mixed is an entirely different game.... its all about the weak link (the girl).... and lets face it having Serena on your side of the net will always be a plus....

Demska
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:22 PM
No offence, but if you're going to insult a player, then don't open yourself up too. Serena can barely play singles? At least she's playing. :)

You mean Quaterena ? :D

VishaalMaria
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:29 PM

Yeah! :lol:

Tennisstar86
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:31 PM

Id call Myskina that....except she barely managed to make it to 4 quarters in her entire career let alone to try and do it 4 times in a row:tape:

VishaalMaria
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Id call Myskina that....except she barely managed to make it to 4 quarters in her entire career let alone to try and do it 4 times in a row:tape:

To be honest with you, Myskina was a really good player and she can be again. It's just some of her fans, like every fan of a player, that acts immature.

Tennisstar86
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:01 PM
To be honest with you, Myskina was a really good player and she can be again. It's just some of her fans, like every fan of a player, that acts immature.

I disagree..... Myskina was an average player..... who can be average again...but she was def not a "great" player.....

AcesHigh
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I can see Venus wanting the boxed set more than Serena. I think it's unlikely for both.

Effy
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Tennisstar86, ur posts are so arrogant :lol:

anyway who cares about mixed doubles that much? i mean Serena should play singles, thats what matters. And try to quit disappointing her fans by withdrawing all the time :o

VishaalMaria
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I disagree..... Myskina was an average player..... who can be average again...but she was def not a "great" player.....

I watched the EastBourne 2006 Final and Myskina played the best tennis I've ever seen her play. And I think she can play that level on a consistent basis. But shes one of those players that needs to get into her groove and have three/four tournaments under her belt to get back to that level.

hulky9999
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:17 AM

anyway who cares about mixed doubles that much? i mean Serena should play singles, thats what matters. And try to quit disappointing her fans by withdrawing all the time :o

Play less = less injuries. Justine played too much after her USO win last year, that's why she couldn't win Golden Slam this year because of fatigue and/or injury. Maria may be high now after her AO win, but if she plays too much she would get injured. We Serena fans want her to peak at the slams, so we are actually happy when Serena plays less.

eck
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Play less = less injuries. Justine played too much after her USO win last year, that's why she couldn't win Golden Slam this year because of fatigue and/or injury. Maria may be high now after her AO win, but if she plays too much she would get injured. We Serena fans want her to peak at the slams, so we are actually happy when Serena plays less.

Really, I couldn't tell.

hulky9999
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Really, I couldn't tell.

So tell me Justine fan, where is Justine's Golden Slam? Oh oh oh... ha ha! Justine lost to someone she had a 6-2 record over, and even got bagelled whilst losing in straights sets. Wait.... I have black magic and I supported Maria to beat Justine. When Justine was just about to level at 5 all in the first set, I did my magic and Maria won the first set 6-4. Ha ha!

eck
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:46 AM
So tell me Justine fan, where is Justine's Golden Slam? Oh oh oh... ha ha! Justine lost to someone she had a 6-2 record over, and even got bagelled whilst losing in straights sets. Wait.... I have black magic and I supported Maria to beat Justine. When Justine was just about to level at 5 all in the first set, I did my magic and Maria won the first set 6-4. Ha ha!

So tell me Serena fan, where is her Golden Slam and where was Serena in the midst of all of this at AO? She lost straight sets to Jankovic, who also managed to win 4 games of Sharapova, hahaha
At least Justine lost to the eventual winner :weirdo:

Shouldn't your black magic make Serena win the tournament anyways? What happened?
Go back into the dark and stop trolling. kthnxbye.

Tennisstar86
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:53 AM

Arrogant....I'm assumming English is not your native language...because my post are clearly based on facts..... Myskina only made it past the quarterfinals 1 time.... her game never impressed me, but she was good enough to get 1 GS more on will than actual ability.....

But like i said i assume english isnt your first language and i suggest you get a dictionary before you go throwing around terms you dont understand....

slamchamp
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:59 AM
No offence, but if you're going to insult a player, then don't open yourself up too. Serena can barely play singles? At least she's playing. :) Is she?:confused:

AcesHigh
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Arrogant....I'm assumming English is not your native language...because my post are clearly based on facts..... Myskina only made it past the quarterfinals 1 time.... her game never impressed me, but she was good enough to get 1 GS more on will than actual ability.....

But like i said i assume english isnt your first language and i suggest you get a dictionary before you go throwing around terms you dont understand....

You're posts are often fine, but the ones in this thread seem arrogant. Myskina was a VERY GOOD player. Average players rarely win slams. It was a matter of lost potential.

Dave.
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:27 AM
She really has to start playing these events now or she won't do it. Only Navratilova could pull it off at 40+ because of her legendary skills at net and the fact she had already been winning doubles regularly in her career. It's a shame if Serena doesn't try because having a boxed set would put her up there with the very best of all time. Completing the boxed set is more impressive than getting up to 10 singles slams.

Renalicious
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:14 AM
^ I agree.

Matt01
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah, Myskina only was an average player who probably was just lucky or hit lots of lucky shots to win her Slam :lol:

Delusional.