PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya rd1: A.Radwanska def King 7:5 7:6(5)

justine schnyder
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:57 AM
So many breaks... Eek..
But.. Yay Aga :D :woohoo:

Good luck next round!

Elwin.
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Vania :sad: :hug:

wgam
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:01 AM
it was a tough battle :yeah:

congrats Aga

meb
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:01 AM
A win is a win. Maybe next rounds will be easier.

spriwi
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:02 AM
almost 2,5 hour match :eek:

conratz aga, do it faster in the next round ;)

Dexter
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Somehow. Win is a win thou.

Huntress555
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:04 AM
King had a few chances, but congrats to Radwanska!

A'DAM
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Anne Kremer is next on schedule ;)

Effy
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:05 AM
should have been easier, Aga. But a win is a win indeed :yeah:

M&M
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:07 AM
lift your form/game aga!!! or you will loose net round to anne...

papru
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Aga :lol: :help:
good job anyway! :D

vma
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:34 AM
thank God she won

Lucyxx
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Vania :lol: :(

Deck
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Vania's Melbourne match against Hantuchova was already quite nice, but today's was even better

she just has to play better when she's servin for set or sth.

I hope she can improve this, she's still very young

MalJackson
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:28 PM
harder than i thought

Jakeev
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Vania's Melbourne match against Hantuchova was already quite nice, but today's was even better

she just has to play better when she's servin for set or sth.

I hope she can improve this, she's still very young

Right and not only that the players are on to Vania's style of play. She plays tough but like you said but needs work on going that extra step.

One thing though is she seems unlucky always drawing a top player in every Main Draw event. But it has to be good experience for her.

kolan
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:17 PM
aga :) :bounce:

closer than i thought :confused:

Ellery
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Vania :hug:

trainspotter
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Apparently, it had to be a hard match :

"... Okay. The rest of the week can be cancelled, because there is unlikely to be a better match than that between top seed Agnieszka Radwanska and 2006 Bangkok champion Vania King.

King, who is American, served for both sets but won neither as Radwanska, who is Polish, won 7-5 7-6. There was tremendous tennis from both players, with furiously contested baseline rallies. You would not have wanted to get in the way of many of the balls they hit, because you might not have survived.

"It was a very good match," Radwanska acknowledged. "I was playing last week indoors so I was a bit afraid about coming and playing outdoors in the heat. It's very difficult to change the surface, but I'm good. It was very close, especially the first set. I was down three set points, and I'm very happy that in the important points I did a little bit better and that's why I won. ..."

http://www.pentanglepromotions.com/Pattaya08/pattaya08_wed.htm

M&M
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Apparently, it had to be a hard match :

"... Okay. The rest of the week can be cancelled, because there is unlikely to be a better match than that between top seed Agnieszka Radwanska and 2006 Bangkok champion Vania King.

King, who is American, served for both sets but won neither as Radwanska, who is Polish, won 7-5 7-6. There was tremendous tennis from both players, with furiously contested baseline rallies. You would not have wanted to get in the way of many of the balls they hit, because you might not have survived.

"It was a very good match," Radwanska acknowledged. "I was playing last week indoors so I was a bit afraid about coming and playing outdoors in the heat. It's very difficult to change the surface, but I'm good. It was very close, especially the first set. I was down three set points, and I'm very happy that in the important points I did a little bit better and that's why I won. ..."

http://www.pentanglepromotions.com/Pattaya08/pattaya08_wed.htm
good to hear both gave a good performance :yeah:

Peterk07
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:31 PM

Confident little b*tch. :lol: :lol: :lol: I like this girl. :)

Good win Aga. That's what makes a champion: the ability to win even if you play crappy.

attis765
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:37 PM

Good win Aga. That's what makes a champion: the ability to win even if you play crappy.

It doesn't actualy mean,that SHE is good.IT's more like 'I'm good now'-meaning: I adopted to the surface.:wavey:

papru
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM

:lol::lol::lol:
what a slut!11111111111111 :lol:

Pasta-Na
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:59 PM
king always play super in thailand :lol:

Adrian.
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:59 PM
marta is better then aga

jonny84
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:34 PM
So much closer than I expected.

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Vania King seems to play her best tennis in Asia and this always looked like a potential banana skin as Aga did not have a lot of time to adjust to the conditions. Winning a match like this by any score is a good result in my book. It will get easier and easier from here on in.......

Adrian.
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:47 PM
aga is best

i think so

but next round will be stronger

ahh she won

against anne kremer

6:2 6:2

but now she will play doubles

with ula

again against king and her partner