PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup: France reclamation over China!!

frenchie
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Because Shuai Peng left the tie without doing her antidoping test

French TV commentator in OGDF just said that:devil::devil:

Neptune
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Yes, I heard that too.They said they could be in semi-final over China if it works.I don't believe it will work anyway...

scoobsuk
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Seems a bit desperate to me.

Demska
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:15 AM
:lol:

Russianboy
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:18 AM
omg

Elwin.
:eek: :o

Neptune

Yes, Goven might be desperate because it could lost her captain's statut with all this loss :lol:

Il Primo!
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:20 AM
France is always the first to jump in this kind of lame ass revendications. Always the same story. It's pathetic.

justine schnyder
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM
But Peng is still in France so she can do the test..

V.Melb
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Complete desperation by France.

but hey.... nothing to lose.

mckyle.
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:32 AM
LOL.

France sucks :lol:

Uranium
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:33 AM

Elwin.
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM
But god, that's really stupid/dumb of Shuai Peng :tape:

Sylvester
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:38 AM
If that's true, France will be declared the winner of the tie.

up!
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:27 PM
omg peng shuai ah ah ah ah
that would be sooooooooooo funny. after mauresmo winning through withdrawals, we would have france winning because of that.

but goven is quite unfair. he says bartoli is a bitch because her father said that you have to take drugs to play in australia, then fed cup in china and in paris. now he is suspicious about peng shuai... i mean does he implie she was doped ???

*Jool*
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:32 PM
they lost , they lost .
dont try to find lame excuses to eventually come through, Goven :rolleyes:

new-york
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:44 PM

i didn't know it was the rule, it would be so weird.
can't they just test her now, she's still in France.

salima
Feb 6th, 2008, 03:11 PM

I understand you don't know anything about doping. The dope can often be traced only for hours after the injection, but the effect can last for weeks.

If an athlete don't turn up for a dope test he/she is to be counted as doped

Renaissance
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Rules are rules.

You can't be laxist especially in matter of doping tests.

Yasmine
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:24 PM
if that was the rule, then it should be respected. But Goven surely didn't deserve that win if it's awarded...

And it's not like China was the only place they could perform blood test is it? :rolleyes:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:25 PM
(a) Anti-Doping Policy:

Random doping control tests may be conducted during the competition in accordance with the ITF Tennis Anti-Doping Programme.

(b) If any player following completion of the procedures, including appeal, set forth in the ITF Tennis Anti-Doping Programme is found to have committed a Doping Offence whether in a tournament and/or in out-ofcompetition testing and/or in any round of the Competition, and/or otherwise, no disqualified match result shall be re-assessed except in the case of the Finals where such player’s wins (if any) will be reversed and all unplayed dead rubbers will be awarded to the opposing team of such player. This may result in the team which originally lost the final being declared the Champion Nation. Such player will be subject to penalties laid down in the ITF Tennis Anti-Doping Programme in addition to financial and/or other penalties established by the Fed Cup Committee and set forth in the Fed Cup Code of Conduct (Appendix B).

nhissan
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM
no way in hell France can qualify like this

Louis Cyphre
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Because Shuai Peng left the tie without doing her antidoping test

French TV commentator in OGDF just said that:devil::devil:

few years ago 2 greek athletes didnt show at the antidoping test just before the 2004 Summer Olympics and they were banned for 2 (or 4) years... I`m not saying that Shuai Peng must be banned , just that case comes to my mind ;)

lilimi
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:08 PM

:rolleyes:from france, yes it is...
anyways, shuai made a big big big mistake. i don't think she made it on purpose...there's no link with those greek athletes that vanished at each antidoping test.
the rule is the rule, but even if shuai didn't play, france would have lost. they'll lose next round:p
yes, I'm french:lol:

Ellery
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:19 PM
:o If there is such an explicitly stated rule, then it was pretty careless of Shuai (or the CTA) to leave for Paris immediately :o

Oh well, rules are rules.

treufreund
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:24 PM
France is right to challenge this violation!

Renaissance
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:28 PM
(a) Anti-Doping Policy:

Random doping control tests may be conducted during the competition in accordance with the ITF Tennis Anti-Doping Programme.

(b) If any player following completion of the procedures, including appeal, set forth in the ITF Tennis Anti-Doping Programme is found to have committed a Doping Offence whether in a tournament and/or in out-ofcompetition testing and/or in any round of the Competition, and/or otherwise, no disqualified match result shall be re-assessed except in the case of the Finals where such player’s wins (if any) will be reversed and all unplayed dead rubbers will be awarded to the opposing team of such player. This may result in the team which originally lost the final being declared the Champion Nation. Such player will be subject to penalties laid down in the ITF Tennis Anti-Doping Programme in addition to financial and/or other penalties established by the Fed Cup Committee and set forth in the Fed Cup Code of Conduct (Appendix B).
What I figure out from this is China is qualified for the semis. This tie was a Quarter final not a final so am i misunderstanding?

Sylvester
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Well, if Peng got out of China without the anti-doping agency allowing it, that will count as a positive doping test.

Who doesn't remember the Kenteris/Thanou affair in Athens and Rasmussen case in the tour of France?

EDIT: However I just can't imagine someone being so dumb by getting away from a tie in the middle of it, flying for another country without the anti-doping agency knowing and allowing it...

mariahdg
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Cta will control it.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:55 PM
France should try and forget this result rather then clinging on to the semis-they dont deserve to be there

it is a stupid mistake by peng though

Bette_Midler
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM

I agree

also will be terrible to China and Olympics Games, what a bad example :sad::rolleyes:

about Goven I know much people hate this captain, but at least he is trying to do his best effort in way to win the thing (with a "team b" or in the offices) , good for him :p

well I want to see France vs Spain in semis :angel:

Allez Goven :angel::devil:

*Jean*
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Yes, we are desperate, so what ? :angel:

hablo
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Yes, we are desperate, so what ? :angel:

:lol::tape:

It doesn't look like France will win their appeal.

salima
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:42 PM
What is the point of having dope tests if an athlete can choose to take it or to fly away
If you don't turn up or fly away, you are dopet. Pravda.
Earlier cases like said here are kenteris, Rasmussen and Rio Ferdinand

switz
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM

but they play in China :confused:

Pasta-Na
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM
france :o

*Jool*
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I agree

also will be terrible to China and Olympics Games, what a bad example :sad::rolleyes:

about Goven I know much people hate this captain, but at least he is trying to do his best effort in way to win the thing (with a "team b" or in the offices) , good for him :p

well I want to see France vs Spain in semis :angel:

Allez Goven :angel::devil:

as long as Spain is in the final, I second that ;) jeje

Pasta-Na
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:03 PM
what team A China def team B France... maybe team E France now after this incident :angel:

Lindsayfan32
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM
One play skips a drug test the rest of the team shouldn't suffer for it. Not that I agree with what she did I don't. it sounds like a pretty desperate move on the French team part too.

Pasta-Na
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:11 PM
What is the point of having dope tests if an athlete can choose to take it or to fly away
If you don't turn up or fly away, you are dopet. Pravda.
Earlier cases like said here are kenteris, Rasmussen and Rio Ferdinand

but shuai already said she was going to take the night flight to play paris and wouldnt play the fourth rubber :lol: she might be doped heavily to have told the truth :p and also she forgot to dope herself in paris tournament again and lost to dechy in 2 tough sets :haha:

manu32
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:17 PM
pauvre france....toujours à chercher la bébête....lisez courrier international....si tu veux gagner tu envoies tes meilleures joueuses,si elles ne veulent pas tu assumes....

la france a eu de célèbres dopés en athletisme (patricia girard à qui on a ajouté une 9 ème ligne qqe temps après à ST DENIS,j'y étais..,quenehervé,sangouma,richard etc...) et je ne parle pas du clous (vélo cyclisme:virenque,brochard,rous,etc...)
mais personne en tennis curieusement (joke) ni au foot paris 98 (pas de contrôle ,consigne du ministère,communiste à l'époque....)...

poor France

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:11 PM
pauvre france....toujours à chercher la bébête....lisez courrier international....si tu veux gagner tu envoies tes meilleures joueuses,si elles ne veulent pas tu assumes....

la france a eu de célèbres dopés en athletisme (patricia girard à qui on a ajouté une 9 ème ligne qqe temps après à ST DENIS,j'y étais..,quenehervé,sangouma,richard etc...) et je ne parle pas du clous (vélo cyclisme:virenque,brochard,rous,etc...)
mais personne en tennis curieusement (joke) ni au foot paris 98 (pas de contrôle ,consigne du ministère,communiste à l'époque....)...

poor France

what does this mean?? lol

Sam L
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Well if France goes through, the right team would've won.

Pasta-Na
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:46 AM
well, fed cup draw between China and Spain yesterday for april 26 to 27. the location at beijing again, lucky China :hearts: no clay surface for Spain :nerner:

WORLD GROUP PLAY-OFFS
Home nations listed first, seeded nations in capitals, * denotes choice of ground drawn by lot

ITALY * v Ukraine

Japan v FRANCE captain :angel:
Argentina v GERMANY

ISRAEL * v Czech Republic

The four winning nations will qualify for the 2009 World Group, while the four losers will start in World Group II in 2009.

www.fedcup.com

Bette_Midler
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:37 AM
but shuai already said she was going to take the night flight to play paris and wouldnt play the fourth rubber :lol: she might be doped heavily to have told the truth :p and also she forgot to dope herself in paris tournament again and lost to dechy in 2 tough sets :haha:

:rolleyes:

come on, players knows perfectly the rules, and if a player is request to take a control and the player skip the control, means a virtual positive, no excuses about night flights or whatever, if the chineese player skip the control (after the match), means a virtual positive

you can read document about doping in pdf here

http://www.itftennis.com/antidoping/rules/

CORIA01
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:18 AM
H E L P

Bероника
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:35 PM
So can anyone explain me why on earth Nathalie Dechy and Virginie Razzano could stay until the very last day of the tie and the chinese girl couldn't? As long as I know she and Dechy played their match at the same place and time. Why should Peng be treated differently?

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Its so easy Vero. Shuai thought the tie was gonna be for China for sure with Li Na and, if she fails, Yan and Zheng in the doubles.

Plz french, stop giving excuses :rolleyes: You LOST :o

Modiac.
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
BULLSHIT!
Shuai did antidoping test.
If she didn't do the test,why ITF let her go? Since they're not creeping idiots like that french comentator. :lol:

I think french players like Razzano and Dechy perfomed well in Beijing and left some good impressions to Chinese audience,while their comentator spoke some bullshit and made the good things in ruins. :fiery:

Modiac.
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:20 PM
So can anyone explain me why on earth Nathalie Dechy and Virginie Razzano could stay until the very last day of the tie and the chinese girl couldn't? As long as I know she and Dechy played their match at the same place and time. Why should Peng be treated differently?

Coz Shuai didn't know her match will be scheduled on Tuesday,and she didn't know she would play against Dechy in advance.:o

If she didn't draw Dechy,then she may has played her match on Monday.
So she took her flight in Saturday night so that she can play Paris Indoor tournament.

Slumpsova
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:10 PM
what a desparate loser :o

iPatty
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:24 PM
French people. :help: So desperate.

You lost, get over it.

faboozadoo15
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:49 PM
LOL.

Agreed. They need to get a grip.

LindsayRulz
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:13 PM
LOL.

Agreed. They need to get a grip.

So one person made this reclamation and it means that the entire country sucks? It's fair.

hablo
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:15 PM
So one person made this reclamation and it means that the entire country sucks? It's fair.

Some posters logic. :lol:

rollup
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:42 PM

:haha:

Pasta-Na
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Its so easy Vero. Shuai thought the tie was gonna be for China for sure with Li Na and, if she fails, Yan and Zheng in the doubles.

Plz french, stop giving excuses :rolleyes: You LOST :o

:yeah: it was her thought or CTA's :p

anyway, pls stop losing tough match in R1, shuai :help: :fiery: :p

Slumpsova
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Loser Loser Loser Loser :ras:

kittyking
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:26 PM
If Shuai Peng was doped then wouldn't she be all big and muscly though :confused:

hablo
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:29 PM
If Shuai Peng was doped then wouldn't she be all big and muscly though :confused:

Have you seen cyclists?
Sesil?

Anyhow, I don't think anyone really believes that Peng was running away to avoid test. Personnally, I think she just wanted to get to Paris to prepare... :shrug:

Slumpsova
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:31 PM
true. Peng always does dumb things :shrug:
that makes her a lovely person anyway :hearts:

Yasmine
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Some posters logic. :lol:
indeed. Especially when the french lost the tie sooooooooooooooooo badly, by ahum losing in the last rubber, doubles match, last set tie break :eek:

it doesn't mean I think it should be awarded, I am just pointing out the logic as hablo called it :lol:

Bette_Midler
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:12 AM
yes some poster logic ...:rolleyes:

if a player skip a doping control means a virtual positive, how sad Martina Hingis does not skip her control in Wimbledon:sad:

the news about complain

Goven porte réclamation

Georges Goven a décidé de porter réclamation après la rencontre Chine-France au 1er tour de Fed Cup, suite à un contrôle antidopage manqué par Shuai Peng. La Chinoise, vainqueur de Razzano samedi dernier, n'a pas été contrôlée avant son départ pour Paris où elle disputait l'Open Gaz de France.

Et si la France jouait les demi-finales de Fed Cup? Malgré la défaite des Bleues en Chine (2-3), les espoirs de qualification ne sont pas perdus. C'est en tout cas ce qu'espère Georges Goven, qui a soulevé une question à la Fédération Internationale de Tennis. Après le match du double qui a scellé la victoire chinoise, un contrôle de dopage a été effectué sur toutes les joueuses présentes.

A ceci près que, sur les huit joueuses présentes en Chine pour ce premier tour, seulement sept (les 4 Françaises et les 3 Chinoises) ont été contrôlées par la Fédération internationale. En effet, Shuai Peng, vainqueur de Virginie Razzano samedi, a été autorisée à quitter la Chine un jour avant tout le monde, afin de rejoindre la France pour se préparer au tournoi de l'Open Gaz de France où elle jouait le 1er tour deux jours plus tard.

Le réglement n'a donc pas été respecté par la République Populaire de Chine qui a pris le parti de laisser partir sa joueuse avant ce contrôle. Si la Fédération internationale donne raison à cette réclamation, la France, qui doit jouer les barrages au Japon en avril prochain, gagnerait sur tapis vert le droit de disputer les demi-finales de Fed Cup face à l'Espagne.

http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/fed-cup/2008/sport_sto1473067.shtml

Scotso
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Didn't iPatty have a French flag and a French girl in her avatar just a few weeks ago? :confused:

Modiac.
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Okay,France will be awarded this win by catching a rival player who had no time to leave her pee-pee. :lol:

Bероника
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Allez la France ;)

saby
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:11 AM
(a) Anti-Doping Policy:

If this happens it will be the second mistake done in the fed cup by the chinese team two year in a row, chinese staff need to read the rules !! France can't win like that :eek:

Bette_Midler
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Allez la France :bounce:

mariahdg
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I have known why Peng hasn't left PeePEE.
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5302/53851720lc1.gif

Look,Where is peng's urine container:tape:

ClaudiaZ-S
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Go France :D
China :devil:

iPatty
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Didn't iPatty have a French flag and a French girl in her avatar just a few weeks ago? :confused:

I had the French flag last week because it looks cool and Razzano in my avatar because I wanted her to beat Jankovic. How is this relevant?

And I am a he.

terjw
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:14 PM
(a) Anti-Doping Policy:

From the rules that adrygf posted - it looks like France will be unsuccesful in their aopeat because it wasn't the Finals.

However - this still leaves the question of what will happen to Peng. Although I don't believe for a minute she would have tested positive - forgetting or skipping a test is treated very seriously now. Rio Ferdinand got what an 8 month ban a couple of years ago for his forgetfullness. He couldn't believe it. No-one remotely thought he'd have been positive and everyone was thinking how harsh. I'm sorry for her - but this is the sort of sentence she should get now. She will know in future never to skip a test again.

mapaliey
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:57 PM
France is always the first to jump in this kind of lame ass revendications. Always the same story. It's pathetic.

your avatar.....:kiss:...jay z as the drag queen.....