PDA

View Full Version : 25k Cali 1RD: (1) Martina MÜLLER d. (Q) Gabriela DABROWSKI 2-6 6-2 7-5

njnetswill
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Martina won a match. :hearts:

Smart to play a Colombian challenger. ;)

:spit: 3 sets.

Boreas
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:57 AM
3 sets against nobody. :help:

And her next tournament is probably 10k in Benin city

Dani12
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:01 AM
:lol: Martina...how did this girl ever reach top 35 in the world?

Mana
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Martina :) Good to get that first win under the belt :D Good luck for the rest of the tournament :worship:

The Kaz
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Muller :hearts:

I watch her play at the AO against Parmentier, and she isnt a bad player, so i dunno why she struggles so much :sad:

Slumpsova
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:57 AM
she is even back to 25K :o :help:

Ellery
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Martina :o

bavaria86
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:18 AM
:confused:I cannot believe this result but a win is a win the title is yours martina

Exiliado
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:20 AM
:help::help:this result:help:

DimaDinosaur
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:22 AM
OMG, I'm sure Dabrowski played like a top 3 player

égalité
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:27 AM
:spit:

She didn't look like that bad a player from what I saw at RG last year. Maybe she is. :help:

*Jean*
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Muller :haha:

Ballbasher
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Tina phew :)

Elwin.
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Martina :haha: :)

Demska
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
ITF whore. :haha:

Get out of the top 200 a.s.a.p! :wavey:

shrOOf
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Well done Martina :worship: :bounce:

Demska
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Moritz :rolls:

Highlandman
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Martina :yeah: :D Win is a win.

Oh, hello anti's :wavey: I don't know, but I would love to know, how many people ever seen her playing in real? :)

Dexter
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Mighty impressive for an already former (Gott sei Dank) top35 player.

Poova
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Muller = biggest joke on the WTA Tour. Without doubt. :tape:

She makes Meusburger look like Justine Henin.

bavaria86
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I think you cannot enter the top 35 with a joke!! Meusburger is worse for sure

LCS
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Why the hell is she playing 25ks!? She should stick to 10ks! :lol:

shrOOf
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Because she wants to get some confidence back before playing the south america tournaments like Vina Del Mar, Bogota and Acapulco.

Keaka
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM
:haha: :lol:

Bartosh
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:23 PM
woohoo :lol::lol::haha:

Martina is still dangerous :lol:

Carsten
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:35 PM
great win :bounce:

Martina will win this without problems :) :devil:

Gain some confidence here and then come back in top 50 :worship:

:haha::haha:@ people who say she's the worst player in top 100 :help:

Lucyxx
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:24 PM
So sad to see how far Martina has dropped. To be honest, she never really had top 50 type weapons, so maybe the new era is catching up with her.

Wish her the best in returning near top. :yeah:

Jogi
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:36 PM
maybe people do not realize that it's not that easy to come from playing years at the big stage and go back to smaller challengers facing fierce young up-and-comers like Dabrowski
of course the score is way to close, but a win is a win and I'm sure she'll pick up her game in the next round/s

Highlandman
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I have the feeling most people have no clue about Martina's career.

She was #51 in 2002, had then a big big fall down outside Top-300 and then she came back more and more. It's very :rolleyes: that people can't respect her. In 2002 she did R3 in NY (Lost to Venus) or won the tourney in Budapest. In 2001 she came from around #500 close to the Top-100, and in 2002 she entered there.

To come back like that after such an horrible year, which she had in 2003, is very impressive, especially because of the mentally point. Many players had a fall and never came back, but she did.

And I mean: She was also in Race for long time Top-50, means: She also has/d success on WTA :shrug:

And probably the most people who watched a match of Martina in real, know that she is definitely not the worst in Top-100. By far not.

The Guilty
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I have the feeling most people have no idea about Martina's career.

She was #51 in 2002, had then a big big fall down outside Top-300 and then she came back more and more. It's very :rolleyes: that people can't respect her. In 2002 she did R3 in NY (Lost to Venus) or won the tourney in Budapest. In 2001 she came from around #500 close to the Top-100, and in 2002 she entered there.

To come back like that after such an horrible year, which she had in 2003, is very impressive, especially because of the mentally point. Many players had a fall and never came back, but she did.

And I mean: She was also in Race for long time Top-50, means: She also has/d success on WTA :shrug:

And probably the most people who watched a match of Martina in real, know that she is definitely not the worst in Top-100. By far not.

I've seen Martina live more than once and I agree, she's not that bad, definitely deserves to be at least in the top 100. I don't know why people make so much fun of her, when in reality most of them have never seen her :shrug:

Carsten
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I have the feeling most people have no clue about Martina's career.

Exactly... Martina deserves huge respect for coming back like this after she hat a great year in 2002 where she won her first WTA tournament and beat some good players.

And I'm sure most people who say Martina is a bad player didn't even see her more then once (if they've seen her at all :help:)

Highlandman
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I've seen Martina live more than once and I agree, she's not that bad, definitely deserves to be at least in the top 100. I don't know why people make so much fun of her, when in reality most of them have never seen her :shrug:

:yeah: Good post.

I don't know how many times some people have seen her and where. Everyone has bad days.

I have also seen her live and many times in TV. Her service is not that well, but her backhand is in my opinion pretty good, same for her movement and her forehand is OK too.

Maybe (!) Top-35 was a bit too high in rankings, but I don't see a problem with her around 50, there are some weaker players in Top-100, definitely.

Highlandman
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Exactly... Martina deserves huge respect for coming back like this after she hat a great year in 2002 where she won her first WTA tournament and beat some good players.

And I'm sure most people who say Martina is a bad player didn't even see her more then once (if they've seen her at all :help:)

Yeah. Till US Open 2002 it was pretty well, then her fall down started - unfortunatley :sad: I would also say that 2001 was already very well, cos she improved so much thee.

Yes, exactly. I think I have seen her so many times and can say that she definitely deserves to be in Top-100. And the like I already said and like we see, people who have seen her more times agree, that's good.

Jogi
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Martina can play great, aggressive tennis which, unfortunately, doesn't happen too often
but then again she has matches when she's is playing clueless, boring moonball-tennis which is just horrible to watch
her serve is a major let-down as well
I'd say she's a potentially top-80 player and I think that's what her ranking will be around at the end of the year

Highlandman
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Martina can play great, aggressive tennis which, unfortunately, doesn't happen too often
but then again she has matches when she's is playing clueless, boring moonball-tennis which is just horrible to watch
her serve is a major let-down as well
I'd say she's a potentially top-80 player and I think that's what her ranking will be around at the end of the year

Yeah, but it often depends on the opponent. If the opponent prefers to play moonballs, she also starts to play them. I have seen for example her match against Venus 2002 and there was no moonball.
With 1-6,2-6 she had no chance, but it was a nice match, on hard-court against such power-players it goes a bit too fast for her.

In Stuttgart 2006 she practised with Nadia Petrova, who is hitting pretty hard and Martina had there no problem to return them and had some winners too. During matches she often has big mentally problems, but she is a fighter and never gives up. That's good. In practising her service is also much better.

.:sk:.
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Finally Martina :yeah:

canuckfan
Feb 6th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Dabrowski is not that bad of a player. She's like 15 years old and she's probably the best junior Canada has.

She might even make the top 300 one day ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Nice performance for Gabriela, a win here would have been awesome, but a close match is amazing experience :worship:

Darop.
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I don't get why so many people keep saying she sucks :shrug:

She doesn't at all, she's just a consistent, smart, clay-courter. At least she provides a bit of variety from all the mindless ballbashers out there.

Ballbasher
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:40 PM
:lol: Martina...how did this girl ever reach top 35 in the world?
Have you ever seen her play? :)

I can only agree with Highlandman and Carsten and all the others who said she isn't bad at all and deserves a spot in the Top100.On Clay Martina can be very dangerous and she can play good tennis on hard ,too i.e. Set 2 against Peer in New York '06.Of course this result isn't what you expected but the change from playing current top players to potential future ones is not easy in my eyes.

Renaissance
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I don't hate Martina but i really think she was an usurper when she was in the TOP 40,she didn't deserve it even if she was consistant in her results at those time.I'm pretty sure that all this hate comes from that.
However i definitely think she's a top 100 player.
People are underrating Gabriela who is a really good junior player.She won les Petits As in Tarbes last year or two years ago.It's a great prospect for Canada.

A Magicman
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:31 PM
In Stuttgart 2006 she practised with Nadia Petrova, who is hitting pretty hard and Martina had there no problem to return them and had some winners too. During matches she often has big mentally problems, but she is a fighter and never gives up. That's good. In practising her service is also much better.

Wichtig is' auf'm Platz. In training, I am a potential slam champion, too.

I fear Martina will finish 2008 outside the Top 100. 120 points come off in the slams, 3rd round Berlin. Makes 180 points.

Slumpsova
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Muller = biggest joke on the WTA Tour. Without doubt. :tape:

She makes Meusburger look like Justine Henin.
:haha: good one!

IMPOSSIBLE
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:03 PM
:)

Topspin2
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:57 PM
First win for Martina lol

Europe rocks
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Martina :lol: Back where you belong :yeah:

Williamsser
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM
At the US Open 2006, after her match, I saw a little boy who asked for her picture. Martina smiled and took pictures hugging him. Martina was very nice!