PDA

View Full Version : Su-Wei HSIEH - withdrew 'SICK' in Pattaya QD but entered in Midland MD...

hiraki_schmiraki
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:08 AM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/includes/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/global/Pdfs/events/2008/pattayacity_draws.pdf
She's listed as SICK and withdrew from Pattaya qualies (see above link) but is now 3rd seed in 75k Midland main draw.
Both have the same tournament date....
Is this within the rules?

Golovinjured.
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:14 AM
I don't think it is, unless Pattaya started a day or so before Midland, but I don't think it does. But Su-Wei is awesome as, she can do what she wants in my opinion :) she'll be top 50 by the end of the year!

SvetaPleaseWin.
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:15 AM
its probably within the rules but its dodgy

like when players can retire from final round of qualies and get in the main draw as a lucky loser :confused:

strange decision but its her choice :shrug:

Experimentee
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Strange decision. Pattaya is closer to home for her, and there are more points up for grabs.

Uranium
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:30 AM
isn't she playing Pattaya doubles with King?

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:54 AM
isn't she playing Pattaya doubles with King?

Doubles in Thailand and Singles in Midland:eek:. Now thats dedication:lol:! I hope she has frequent flyer miles :p.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 6th, 2008, 03:20 AM
she withdrew from Midland anyway.

ITF's and WTA have separate entry systems

switz
Feb 6th, 2008, 03:51 AM
maybe she was sick and decided to go to Midland for a holiday and then felt better so she entered the tournament. And then she got sick again and withdrew :lol:

Pasta-Na
Feb 6th, 2008, 03:54 AM
come on, she is a top 100 player now, she can do what she wants :p

RND
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:45 AM
She forgot to withdraw.Simple as that. :lol: She felt sick last weekend but then felt better and decided to attend doubles event in Pattaya.

DimaDinosaur
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:48 AM
what a terrible decision.

Goai
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Umm.. she withdrew from Midland

Jakeev
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Su-Wei won her first doubles match with Vania King today..........In Thailand.

kittyking
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:52 AM
I think theres some strange loophole that players can get through if its from going to an ITF to a WTA event. For example she could have withdrawn from Pattaya to play Midland, however she wouldnt be allowed to withdraw from Pattaya to play Paris.

Renalicious
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Ohwell. Good luck Hsieh :D