Feb 5th, 2008, 10:51 AM
it's official now
(belgian media)

Shoulderpova
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:52 AM
what a big surprise :haha:

random fan
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Well she thinks that the player of her caliber should be allowed to keep her options open just in case and she is probably right too, so oh well

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:53 AM
it was official yesterday

Bartosh
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:54 AM
oh jesus maria :eek: :eek: :eek:

SHOCK!!

Demska
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:54 AM
yawwwn.

no wonder she gets injured all the time, she is never match fit.

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I wonder if when she eventually returns to the tour if she has a gold tooth or something. :haha:

LeRoy.
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:07 AM
:yawn: will you guys go through this everytime she withdraws ? :yawn:

jrm
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:12 AM
And the official reason is? Man, why does WTA tolerate this kind of behaviour?

roelc
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:22 AM

the dental surgery again

Sylvester
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Dental surgery doesn't allow you to practice for a couple of days, but TWO WEEKS???

:haha: x1000

Pureracket
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Like I was telling another poster, it seems that the people who dislike her are the people who post more about her than her actual fans. Weird obsession right there....weird obsession.

Effy
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:39 AM
i feel sorry for Serena fans. She obviously doesnt :o

Matt01
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Shocking! :eek:

Elwin.
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Serena :haha: :hearts:

Renalicious
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:03 PM
:sad:

Il Primo!
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Oh Well Rena :o. I guess it's the longest dental surgery ever!

Bring your ass on the courts someday, miss you!:(

Wilson_07
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:25 PM
geeez...if she needs surgery she needs surgery...nobody of us knows how she is feeling right now so don't hate on her...if she needs to pull out you can't do anything about it...that doesn't mean that she doesn't care about her fans or anything. or do you want her to play with hurting teeth? i don't get the problem...the haters only wanna find something against her and her fans are just pissed because she doesn't play...get over it!

Sylvester
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:30 PM
geeez...if she needs surgery she needs surgery...nobody of us knows how she is feeling right now so don't hate on her...if she needs to pull out you can't do anything about it...that doesn't mean that she doesn't care about her fans or anything. or do you want her to play with hurting teeth? i don't get the problem...the haters only wanna find something against her and her fans are just pissed because she doesn't play...get over it!

A dental surgery that makes you skip two weeks of your job?

I wanna have one of those... :(

-VSR-
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Lay the fuck off. :rolleyes:

Radix2
Feb 5th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Dental surgery doesn't allow you to practice for a couple of days, but TWO WEEKS???

:haha: x1000

It depends on what kind of surgery one had. I had major dental surgery a few years ago and I was off work for one week and was advised to not do any heavy exercise for four weeks.

sammy01
Feb 5th, 2008, 01:31 PM
It depends on what kind of surgery one had. I had major dental surgery a few years ago and I was off work for one week and was advised to not do any heavy exercise for four weeks.

if she was having major dental surgery i think we would have found that out by now, i bet shes having a filling done. she doesn't wanna travel to europe, she had no intension of playing paris or antwerp. she wont play bangalore either. i just hate that she thinks shes fooling people by putting these events on her schedule, 99% knew she was gonna turn up for them. if shes gonna play a very limted schedule why dosen't she be honest about it, davenport is.

mr_burns
Feb 5th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I won't judge her as I did in the past

she really impressed me in the fall by showing up in 3 european events plus a try in madrid

+/-
Feb 5th, 2008, 01:38 PM
pathetic.

Uranus
Feb 5th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Serena thinks she'll be #1 with the Slams, Miami and the YEC (if she qualifies) as only show ups.
Keep dreaming. :yawn:

Marcell
Feb 5th, 2008, 01:41 PM
if she was having major dental surgery i think we would have found that out by now, i bet shes having a filling done. she doesn't wanna travel to europe, she had no intension of playing paris or antwerp. she wont play bangalore either. i just hate that she thinks shes fooling people by putting these events on her schedule, 99% knew she was gonna turn up for them. if shes gonna play a very limted schedule why dosen't she be honest about it, davenport is.

Would someone explain to me how we would know whether or not she is having major or minor surgery unles we are in the Dentist office with her? One either believe her or not.

Aaron.
Feb 5th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I dont get this why did Serena commit if she wasnt going to play? thats like telling a lie to thousands of fans

sammy01
Feb 5th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Would someone explain to me how we would know whether or not she is having major or minor surgery unles we are in the Dentist office with her? One either believe her or not.

because she has an agent. its the same way we found out jj was having nose surgery. these things are found out. the only reason to keep quiet about having the sergery, was if it was something minor that shes using as an excuse.

Freakan
Feb 5th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I'm shocked!:eek:

Marcell
Feb 5th, 2008, 02:03 PM
because she has an agent. its the same way we found out jj was having nose surgery. these things are found out. the only reason to keep quiet about having the sergery, was if it was something minor that shes using as an excuse.

Now, we all know that the Williams camp rarely discuss any kind of medical procedures that the girls have had. Venus have never publicily admitted that she even had wrist surgery. It's a double-heded sword with them. If they talk about it, people say it's an excuse when they lose and if they refuse to discuss it they are lying.I can't remember any disclosure from their camp other than Serena's knee operation.

Pushkin
Feb 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
People there's no point of talking about that. Serena planning-playing in a tournament isn't true until the first serve of her first match is done... Apart from that you should take her "possible presence" as non-existing.

Destiny
Feb 5th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Ranking plommeting
such a woman of the night
Omg

Louis Cyphre
Feb 5th, 2008, 03:18 PM

mosquito bite :devil: Or it was pimple :devil: I`m not sure ...

sammy01
Feb 5th, 2008, 04:14 PM
mosquito bite :devil: Or it was pimple :devil: I`m not sure ...

turns out it was just her nipple :lol::tape:

kadirelf
Feb 5th, 2008, 05:10 PM
venus why not play????

justine schnyder
Feb 5th, 2008, 06:01 PM
No way!!! :eek:

:lol:

Dodoboy.
Feb 5th, 2008, 06:28 PM
i love that idea!
Venus could be no.2 seed!

i wish Venus would join this group...i wouldn't be too surprised !

on serena withdrawing ..
*NO COMMMENT*..(goes and vent on serena forum)

Slumpsova
Feb 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Shamerena :rolleyes:
go to hell with your 8 slams for all i care :fiery:

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 5th, 2008, 06:35 PM
The obsession with Serena around here by her haters is really absurd! :haha: :haha:

Most (sensible) people simply stay away from the threads of players they don't like, but you guys with Serena... :haha: She's REALLY gotten in your heads!

Marcell
Feb 5th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I know Serena is in a lot of people's head when I hear that she withdraws from a tournament and many threads pop up with outreage from even her haters. I will be worried when she withdraws and there are no threads about it.

ChandaRubinFan22
Feb 5th, 2008, 06:51 PM
:(

she entered this tournement 3 times but withdrew 3 times
such a shame

hopefully the tournement director can fix a big late entry ...

Dodoboy.
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:08 PM
chanda rubin in that pic = :scared:

nhissan
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Like I was telling another poster, it seems that the people who dislike her are the people who post more about her than her actual fans. Weird obsession right there....weird obsession.

/thread

henree
Feb 5th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I dont get this why did Serena commit if she wasnt going to play? thats like telling a lie to thousands of fans
I really love Serena's game. But this is the one thing I hate about her. She schedules all these tournaments and never shows to half of them. I feel for the fans that have bought tickets to see her. :o

égalité
Feb 5th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Amazing feet teeth!

-VSR-
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Serena, please heal fast and I hope you'll be in Dubai. :)

serenus_2k8
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:19 PM
It really sux... :(

scoobsuk
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:33 PM
The only question is why anyone would be surprised.

Generally when a player enters an event, you have the expectation that they will play unless something forces them to withdraw.

With Serena, experience should have taught that the expectation is that she will withdraw, unless there's no excuse/distraction not to play.

Why she schedules tournaments in the Awards Season I don't know - you know where she'd rather be,

She isn't the only player guilty of this, though. Justine puts events on her calendar that anyone who knows her knows she won't play when it comes to it - last year in San Diego and Moscow for example.

Marcell
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:43 PM
The only question is why anyone would be surprised.

Generally when a player enters an event, you have the expectation that they will play unless something forces them to withdraw.

With Serena, experience should have taught that the expectation is that she will withdraw, unless there's no excuse/distraction not to play.

Why she schedules tournaments in the Awards Season I don't know - you know where she'd rather be,

She isn't the only player guilty of this, though. Justine puts events on her calendar that anyone who knows her knows she won't play when it comes to it - last year in San Diego and Moscow for example.

The big difference is that thus far we have not seen Serena at any events. There is fashion week in New York,where she usually go and she was not at the Super bowl events.Why is it impossible to believe that she is truly having dental surgery?

scoobsuk
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:46 PM
The big difference is that thus far we have not seen Serena at any events. There is fashion week in New York,where she usually go and she was not at the Super bowl events.Why is it impossible to believe that she is truly having dental surgery?
I don't necessarily disbelieve that story.

But you know the story of the boy who cried wolf.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM
i feel sorry for Serena fans. She obviously doesnt :o

LOL! Please don't. You have nothing to feel sorry about!

Brooklyn90
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:05 PM
It's just getting old now. Nothing surprises me anymore. I'm more surprised when she actually plays then when she pulls out.

DokicPova
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:46 PM
everytime she fails at a grand slam shes suddenly injured lmao... she really doesnt care about her fans

slamchamp
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:20 AM
It's just getting old now. Nothing surprises me anymore. I'm more surprised when she actually plays then when she pulls out.
lol same here

Tennisstar86
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:23 AM

well...you know Serena was spotted ridin with her new unoffical boo the other day.... but thats the only photo Ive seen of her out and about... (I and she did look frazzled......)

beecharmer
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:32 AM
This is a little amusing - believe me, Serena would not be able to attend even the Vanity Fair party let alone the Oscars - these are for accomplished people. She may be injured, she may have teeth issues but she definitely has nothing to do with Hollywood.

vettipooh
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:57 AM

When did you recieve the notorized letter stating that Serena cried wolf?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: To all the rest...assumptions only make an.......:tape: Tati is out and everyone's crying. Serena is out and everyone's mocking.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DONGMEI
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:11 AM
:(

hopefully the tournement director can fix a big late entry ...

i don't blame serena this time. the tournament director should be the first to fix his big mouth or ass:rolleyes:. justine was kind enought to not have withdrawn.

thiskidhasit
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:40 AM
What happened to her wanting to be #1? You have to PLAY in order to be #1.

Jonas_84
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Where's the surprise? This is not a surprise...

scoobsuk
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:53 AM
When did you recieve the notorized letter stating that Serena cried wolf?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: To all the rest...assumptions only make an.......:tape: Tati is out and everyone's crying. Serena is out and everyone's mocking.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Yeah whatever.

I know around here it's practically apostasy to question the word of the Mighty Priestess Serena, but I make up my own mind.

Pushkin
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:08 PM
She's done that for 10 years now stop beeing all surprise when it happens...She must be really unlucky with injuries! That must be 50 different injuries in about 10 years !!!

ChandaRubinFan22
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Serena out
Mauresmo in ?

"Amélie Mauresmo, la lauréate de l'an dernier et propriétaire du trophée précédent des Proximus Diamond Games, envisage de finalement être de la partie à Anvers la semaine prochaine. La Française tranchera jeudi, au terme de sa deuxième rencontre au tournoi WTA de Paris. "
(she will decide after her 2 round in paris...)

Denise4925
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:12 PM
everytime she fails at a grand slam shes suddenly injured lmao... she really doesnt care about her fans

That's a lie

Denise4925
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:15 PM
20 posts with the words "it's no big surprise", yet all of them feel the need to post. :rolleyes: And another 40 some posts bashing her for it and feeling sorry for her fans. Wow, I didn't know the posters on this forum cared that much for Serena's fans :lol:

Serena-rules-no1
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM
poor Serena

get well soon girl :hug:

Melly Flew Us
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:31 PM

too right. nothing else needs to be said.

debopero
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Thank God all of you specialize in dentistry and understand how long every procedure takes. :)

meyerpl
Feb 7th, 2008, 03:55 AM
I'm almost starting to think people start threads like this just to bait Williams fans.

stevos
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:06 AM
I'm almost starting to think people start threads like this just to bait Williams fans.

Too true. :lol:
It's almost exciting to see the predictable Serena thread take its course.

Random poster makes thread upset with Serena.
Random posters agree with threadstarters.
Phobic Serena fans claim in fact everything DOES revolve around Rena, and that all the random posters are secretly either huge fans or just obsessed with her every move.
Juvenile argument ensues.
Denise4925 ensues.

stevos
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:09 AM
All that said, I can't wait until Serena returns to the tour again, hopefully in Dubai. And I hope her dental procedure/whatever else it might be goes well and she stays rested and gets mentally ready for a big year.

Who am I kidding, Serena is always mentally ready. :armed:

Stamp Paid
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Serena, Serena, Serena.

Vlover
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:57 AM

This is a fact but I can uderstand why the so called "true" tennis fans are upset because who else is there to talk about right now.:lol: Some Williams fans take the bait out of sheer boredom. I guess discussing Serena not playing is more exciting to them than the actual tournament playing but I can't blame them really.:help:

jonny84
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:07 PM
:sad:. Its a shame that Serena isnt playing over these two weeks (it also lets someone else win the title I suppose), but hope to see her again winning! I'm sure she will win Miami!

SAEKeithSerena
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Serena, you're fucking ridiculous.

sammy01
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:29 PM
This is a fact but I can uderstand why the so called "true" tennis fans are upset because who else is there to talk about right now.:lol: Some Williams fans take the bait out of sheer boredom. I guess discussing Serena not playing is more exciting to them than the actual tournament playing but I can't blame them really.:help:

heaven forbid people could both be dissapointed in serena and discuss more than one thing a week!!!!!!!!!!:help:

Denise4925
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Too true. :lol:
It's almost exciting to see the predictable Serena thread take its course.

Random poster makes thread upset with Serena.
Random posters agree with threadstarters.
Phobic Serena fans claim in fact everything DOES revolve around Rena, and that all the random posters are secretly either huge fans or just obsessed with her every move.
Juvenile argument ensues.
Denise4925 ensues.

Another nonsensical and unnecessary pseudo analysis by stevos :lol:

Denise4925
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:10 PM
heaven forbid people could both be dissapointed in serena and discuss more than one thing a week!!!!!!!!!!:help:

I wish that were the case, but unfortunately it's not. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a person opening a thread about Serena withdrawing from a tournament, if it's opened to spread the news. But, the bashing of Serena that ensues and the criticism of Serena fans who come in to refute the negativity is ridiculous. What's more ridiculous, if that's even possible, is people who get down right indignant at the thought of Serena having fans who defend her. :lol:

serenus_2k8
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I wish that were the case, but unfortunately it's not. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a person opening a thread about Serena withdrawing from a tournament, if it's opened to spread the news. But, the bashing of Serena that ensues and the criticism of Serena fans who come in to refute the negativity is ridiculous. What's more ridiculous, if that's even possible, is people who get down right indignant at the thought of Serena having fans who defend her. :lol:

Unfortunately you only have to read the title to know why the thread starter began the thread, which is really quite sad... :rolleyes:

goldenslam888
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:37 PM
excuse #103. its a new one anyway.

i really think serena has some confidence issues.

Denise4925
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:23 PM

Well, I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

hotandspicey
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:51 PM

Damn skippy! She's got confidence in her 8 slams and her Serena Slam!!! :haha: :haha: :rolleyes:

rollup
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:01 PM
LOL @ posters taking the piss out of Serena :lol:

goldenslam888
Feb 8th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Damn skippy! She's got confidence in her 8 slams and her Serena Slam!!! :haha: :haha: :rolleyes:

yup, and a player that accomplished just does not like to lose.

-VSR-
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Serena is getting ALL the attention! :woohoo:

Slutati
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:22 AM
well, if she's going to the grammys then of course she can't be ready to play in Antwerp.i'd rather go to the grammys as well...serena:yeah:

RVD
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Denise, I have to applaud you for standing up to some of these posters. But most of em are just kids looking to push our buttons. And a good number of them can barely string two sentences together, much less wipe their own bums without mommy's help. :lol:
So I'd just ignore them. :shrug: :wavey:

P.S.
The 'Serena Haters' in this thread serve as the main reason why I rarely post in 'General Topics'. *smh*

Poova
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:16 AM
:sad:. Its a shame that Serena isnt playing over these two weeks (it also lets someone else win the title I suppose), but hope to see her again winning! I'm sure she will win Miami!
:spit:

spice_of_life
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Now I know why I hate WTAworld so much. The constant defending of Serena when she pulls out of events is pathetic. If it was anyone else (well except Venus) people would not be making excuses like they do for the Williams sisters. :rolleyes:

Donatello
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Now I know why I hate WTAworld so much. The constant defending of Serena when she pulls out of events is pathetic. If it was anyone else (well except Venus) people would not be making excuses like they do for the Williams sisters. :rolleyes:

I cant see the defense through all the hating on these threads. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Who cares if a... ,say Tati pulls out of an event, she's cute, young, white, soft spoken and media friendly. anyone would defend her.:rolleyes:

Donatello
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:41 AM
but I forgot about the Grammy's (dont live in the states). In Serena's mind the Grammies will always win vs. "going to Europe to play a tournament". She's an adult human being, if that is her choice let it be/

Williams-forever
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Why is it that everytime a Williams sister withdraws from a tournament these endless threads of bashing haters and over defending fans pops up? It's getting old...ugh, theres more to life than tennis...:rolleyes:

Matt01
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Denise, I have to applaud you for standing up to some of these posters. But most of em are just kids looking to push our buttons. And a good number of them can barely string two sentences together, much less wipe their own bums without mommy's help. :lol:

P.S.
The 'Serena Haters' in this thread serve as the main reason why I rarely post in 'General Topics'. *smh*

Hmmm...and have you also noticed that the person you are applauding is an obvious troll who very often posts in threads about her least favorite player just to bash and post mean things about her?

sammy01
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I cant see the defense through all the hating on these threads. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Who cares if a... ,say Tati pulls out of an event, she's cute, young, white, soft spoken and media friendly. anyone would defend her.:rolleyes:

yeah but tati pulls out because of injuries, tati would have given anything to be fit to play paris and antwerp, do you seriously think serena would, or even cares about the tournaments?

Craigy
Feb 8th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Is there really any point in discussing this any further? She pulled out, end of.

Aphex
Feb 8th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Is Serena the player who has withdrawn from most tournaments she has commited to in the history of the WTA? Is Justine second? Why is that? Just a couple of innocent questions? :p

Vlover
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:47 PM

P.S.

RVD I understand what you mean but sometimes the board demands the attention of mature, reasoned thinkers to prevent a total degeneration. I don't support the idea of staying away. Yes most of threads are stupid but the board is in desperate need of its funny, intelligent, creative and well reasoned members back from all the fan bases in order to raise the level discussion around here. I especially miss the funny, creative people who would make me literally :lol:. I encourage you guys to "pop in" because staying away is not making the situation any better.:wavey:

DA FOREHAND
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Who the hell cares about Antwerp? BFD she pulled out. I'm sure she's losing sleep over this decision.

Pushkin
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:08 PM
It's over now she pulled out for the 100time in her career so no surprise. She's out of the top 10 now and her career is almost done so ignore her for the remainder of it. Wta will regain some credibility soon when she steps down for good. With the talent and brutal force she had she should have won 15 slams more but she didn't train didn't respect the game and good riddance for Serbia Seles even after having your best years cut short by outside elements you still had 9 Slams. Serena will finish at 8 not many weeks #1 no olympic gold no fed cup heroics and she only has herself to blame. What a SHAME.

Craigy
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:30 PM
It's over now she pulled out for the 100time in her career so no surprise. She's out of the top 10 now and her career is almost done so ignore her for the remainder of it. Wta will regain some credibility soon when she steps down for good. With the talent and brutal force she had she should have won 15 slams more but she didn't train didn't respect the game and good riddance for Serbia Seles even after having your best years cut short by outside elements you still had 9 Slams. Serena will finish at 8 not many weeks #1 no olympic gold no fed cup heroics and she only has herself to blame. What a SHAME.

You love Serena. :lick:

Effy
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Who the hell cares about Antwerp? BFD she pulled out. I'm sure she's losing sleep over this decision.

well maybe fans who wanted to see Serena?

faboozadoo15
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Anybody who's actually surprised or disappointed is only fooling themself. No way was she going to Europe. You may see her in Dubai and then Miami.

This isn't the end or anything all that spectacular. She's never played when she hasn't felt like it, and it's served her pretty darn well in her career. Maybe she's training hard for events she actually cares about.

She'll make another QF soon.

plantman
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Hmmm...and have you also noticed that the person you are applauding is an obvious troll who very often posts in threads about her least favorite player just to bash and post mean things about her?

:bigclap::bigclap:

sweetpeas
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:36 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it that everytime a Williams sister withdraws from a tournament these endless threads of bashing haters and over defending fans pops up? It's getting old...ugh, theres more to life than tennis...

So true!

Denise4925
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:01 PM

:lol: Yeah right, I'm a troll with over 18,000 posts. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:05 PM

:haha:

Matt01
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:47 PM

You can be a troll and write a lot, it's possible :shrug:

Denise4925
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:09 PM
You can be a troll and write a lot, it's possible :shrug:

:rolleyes:

rollup
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:15 PM

:weirdo: So having 18,000 posts means you can't be a troll? :help::tape: You can still be a troll - actually having all those posts means you are an even bigger troll than most :tape:

TSequoia01
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Personally, I feel Serena's body can no longer take the abuse of playing on a regular basis. If she plays too much an injury is almost certain. By playing less she is not at her best physically. A dilemna to be sure.

Denise4925
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
:weirdo: So having 18,000 posts means you can't be a troll? :help::tape: You can still be a troll - actually having all those posts means you are an even bigger troll than most :tape:

Ahhh rollup. So you got banned as Ninny and you've come back as rollup. You might be an even bigger troll than anyone. :lol:

serenus_2k8
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Ahhh rollup. So you got banned as Ninny and you've come back as rollup. You might be an even bigger troll than anyone. :lol:

Ninny got banned? :tape:

Pasta-Na
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:11 PM
come on, she knows juju's there :o :p

missvarsha
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:22 PM
come on, she knows juju's there

Whatever else she may be, I don't think Serena is afraid of any player. More than anything else her mental fortitude has always been her greatest strength.

I think everyone is making too big a deal about her "withdrawal" from Antwerp. I put it in quotes because as soon as I saw that she was entered into four consecutive tournaments I knew she would bag on at least three. It doesn't shock me, but neither does it lead me to believe she is a washed up old bag who can't compete anymore.

I imagine after nearly a month in Australia, she is back in America taking some time off and will be back at the Miami event.

-VSR-
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Wow, everyone shut the hell up and move on.

plantman
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Ninny got banned? :tape:

I was told she hasn't, and another one of Denise's spearheading attempts has failed!:lol:

DaMamaJama87
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Serena has NEVER played more 13 events in a season. Her body is too injury prone. I'll never understand why yawl expect her to play all these events every year and then act surprised when she isn't able to. But yeah, because she's a Williams, she's held to a different standard right? She should just play injured right? just for the sake of you haters? :rolleyes:

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:53 AM

:haha: i wasn't planning to reply but this one had me cracking up!!!

serenafan08
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Wow, everyone shut the hell up and move on.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Honestly people, it's not that big of a deal! She'll be back. Even though she lost in the quarters, she still showed that she's capable of playing great tennis. I'm looking forward to the rest of her year, and you can bet Serena is too.

meyerpl
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:54 AM
I'm just relieved top learn she withdrew with dental problems. I thought I heard somebody say she withdrew with mental problems!

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I'm just relieved top learn she withdrew with dental problems. I thought I heard somebody say she withdrew with mental problems!

:haha:

Funniest post I've read in a long time. I think this a post that both Serena fans and Non Serena fans can laugh at together.

Good rep very deserved.

Matt01
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Serena has NEVER played more 13 events in a season. Her body is too injury prone. I'll never understand why yawl expect her to play all these events every year and then act surprised when she isn't able to. But yeah, because she's a Williams, she's held to a different standard right? She should just play injured right? just for the sake of you haters? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: And since she know that she is so injury-prone, she really shouldn't commit to all those tournaments in a row when it's clear that she won't be able to play a lot of them anyway.

Idiot

terjw
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:04 PM
:rolleyes: And since she know that she is so injury-prone, she really shouldn't commit to all those tournaments in a row when it's clear that she won't be able to play a lot of them anyway.

Idiot

Exactly. It's not that she's not playing. It's the fact that she's done no planning as to when she can next play and prefers to basically break her word in this drip-drip fashion each week again and again. This is about basic integrity and professionalism - that your word can be trusted. It is the same in all walks of life. It may be acceptable to have a genuine illness or injury and not be able to turn up for work and give a realistic date when you will be back. It is completely unacceptable to say you are coming in to work - and then show you are completely untrustwothy by continually saying each week that you can't turn up after all.

The same goes for Justine or anyone else when they break their word - but Serena is the worst. The professional approach is to say when you are planning to next play and keep your word unless there is a really unlikely development at the very last minute. Frankly I don't believe in these - that you didn't know well beforehand that your planned return wasn't on schedule.

And this is not just about being not fair to Serena fans either. Unprofessional conduct rubs off on the whole tour. The whole WTA tour is perceived as having players who's word cannot be trusted and who pull out at the last minute. That is a pretty damning indictment.

Craigy
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Oh my god, would you all fucking get over it? :weirdo:

SV_Fan
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:59 PM
She might be getting braces, IDK. Or she might be practicing.

Denise4925
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:02 AM

:worship::worship::worship:

darrinbaker00
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:04 AM
That wouldn't be any fun, Craig..... ;)

DaMamaJama87
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Exactly. It's not that she's not playing. It's the fact that she's done no planning as to when she can next play and prefers to basically break her word in this drip-drip fashion each week again and again. This is about basic integrity and professionalism - that your word can be trusted. It is the same in all walks of life. It may be acceptable to have a genuine illness or injury and not be able to turn up for work and give a realistic date when you will be back. It is completely unacceptable to say you are coming in to work - and then show you are completely untrustwothy by continually saying each week that you can't turn up after all.

The same goes for Justine or anyone else when they break their word - but Serena is the worst. The professional approach is to say when you are planning to next play and keep your word unless there is a really unlikely development at the very last minute. Frankly I don't believe in these - that you didn't know well beforehand that your planned return wasn't on schedule.

And this is not just about being not fair to Serena fans either. Unprofessional conduct rubs off on the whole tour. The whole WTA tour is perceived as having players who's word cannot be trusted and who pull out at the last minute. That is a pretty damning indictment.

You do realize that:
1. The WTA forces her to commit to some events
2. Tournament organizers all over the world beg her to commit to their event even if they know she probably won't be playing
Why?
Because she's a marquee player whose name on the entry list sells lots and lots of tickets. Serena Williams = Free publicity.
and
3. Even when she plans on playing but comes down with an injury (now don't tell me she can predict when she'll be injured), the tournament people don't make the announcement until the very last possible moment so as to make as much off her name as possible. Don't you think Antwerp organizers knew that she wouldn't be playing there a LOOONG time ago considering she was already injured, hadn't played since Australia, was out of Paris, and it didn't make sense to go all the way to Europe for 1 indoor Tier II. Of course they knew. But they wanted to sell tickets so they didn't reveal it until recently. It hurts her reputation but when you think about it carefully, it's not Serena's fault.

Denise4925
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:32 AM
You do realize that:
1. The WTA forces her to commit to some events
2. Tournament organizers all over the world beg her to commit to their event even if they know she probably won't be playing
Why?
Because she's a marquee player whose name on the entry list sells lots and lots of tickets. Serena Williams = Free publicity.
and
3. Even when she plans on playing but comes down with an injury (now don't tell me she can predict when she'll be injured), the tournament people don't make the announcement until the very last possible moment so as to make as much off her name as possible. Don't you think Antwerp organizers knew that she wouldn't be playing there a LOOONG time ago considering she was already injured, hadn't played since Australia, was out of Paris, and it didn't make sense to go all the way to Europe for 1 indoor Tier II. Of course they knew. But they wanted to sell tickets so they didn't reveal it until recently. It hurts her reputation but when you think about it carefully, it's not Serena's fault.

They can't possibly allow themselves to give her the benefit of the doubt under these or any other circumstances because then they wouldn't have anything to complain or bash her about. I don't see why they (her detractors) care so much about her withdrawals. It's not as if they bought tix to the tourney, nor do they care about her fans not being able to see her. It's just another thing for them to be negative about. As darrin says, it wouldn't be any fun for the haters if people just let it go. :shrug:

vettipooh
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:47 AM

Wow! Sounds like you're still angry at your fav Kim, for leaving the game, while Serena et al, are still playing. :hug:
Get over it! Serena owes you nothing.

mykarma
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:54 AM
:lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 11th, 2008, 04:22 AM
wow :weirdo:

canuckfan
Feb 11th, 2008, 05:27 AM
:worship::worship::worship:

So you bump a thread from way down just to say that people should get over it :tape:

Good move :yeah:

darrinbaker00
Feb 11th, 2008, 05:40 AM
So you bump a thread from way down just to say that people should get over it :tape:

Good move :yeah:
You saw fit to comment on it, so it obviously was a good move on Denise's part. That's how I see it, anyway. ;)