PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Match Facts on Alexandra Stevensonn

TNT96
Feb 5th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Alexandra Stevenson has retired 36 (thats thirty six) times in her career. More than half of those were trailing in the third set or the oppponent was up 5-1 or 4-0 in the third set. Can someone say poor looser?
A prime example of media attention exceeding talent and an oversized mother with an inflated ego.
Her Bio on the WTA site is so large and filled with such crap as starring in the Pajama Game
in her high school. She should be deleted from the entire site.
What do you think?

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2008, 03:48 AM
:devil:

RJWCapriati
Feb 5th, 2008, 03:51 AM
:yeah:

Paneru
Feb 5th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Lexy has been redeeming herself this past year.

32 L Eva HRDINOVA (CZE) 4-6 6-4 3-6
32 L Surina DE BEER (RSA) 2-6 6-1 4-6
SF L Melinda CZINK (HUN) 1-6 7-5 5-7
32 L Vilmarie CASTELLVI (PUR) 3-6 7-5 4-6
16 L Anna TATISHVILI (GEO) 7-6(8) 2-6 1-3 RET
32 L Maria MOKH (RUS) 6-3 2-6 0-6
16 L Svetlana KRIVENCHEVA (BUL) 6-1 5-7 5-7
32 L Alexandra PODKOLZINA (USA) 7-6(4) 4-6 3-5 RET
32 L Angela HAYNES (USA) 7-6(4) 1-6 1-6

Of her five retirments in 07'only two came in
the third set. She's made progress and I hope
she continues. Only four ret. in 08'! :cool:

Leave Sexy Lexy be, or she'll be
forced to b*tch slap you. :devil:

Jakeev
Feb 5th, 2008, 06:41 AM
36 retirements in one career has got to be an unprecedented record in any sport. Just don't understand why she could not have grown up a little bit and taken control of her life.

Pretty sad considering the fact I think she was a true talent and not just some overhyped media tool.

Then again, it's not exactly too late for her. Just have to see what she does now in the next five years.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 5th, 2008, 06:50 AM
36 retirements in one career has got to be an unprecedented record in any sport. Just don't understand why she could not have grown up a little bit and taken control of her life.

Pretty sad considering the fact I think she was a true talent and not just some overhyped media tool.

Then again, it's not exactly too late for her. Just have to see what she does now in the next five years.

:spit:A 31 year old Alex Stevenson on tour...now there's a thought! :lol:

mankind
Feb 5th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Shit, her "Personal" section on her WTA profile would have to be the longest I've seen. Some of my personal favourite highlights:

"Graduated from LaJolla Country Day school in May 1999 with honors; was Voted Best Athlete and Most Likely to be Famous by classmates;...and danced in high school performances of Grease, Bye Bye Birdie, Guys and Dolls and Pajama Game; also sang with Madrigals ... Sang with the Gospel Choir of QuTbec in 2002 at QuTbec City tournament; Sang Joy to the World with band at Millenium New Years Eve Celebration at Hopman Cup in Perth; sang for BBC Television during 1999 rain delay at Wimbledon ... Won 2002 Survivor Contest at US Open Arthur Ashe Kids Day while wearing blonde Afro wig in honor of Foxxy Cleopatra from Austin Powers (:tape:) ...Would like to attend Yale School of Drama after her tennis career ...Reads a book a day (is that a picture book a day?)...Currently a junior at the University of Colorado in online education studying Sociology and scheduled to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in 2006."

And I haven't even got to the "Awards" section. Tell me again how throwing a first pitch at some baseball game counts as an award?

:haha: Girl is a fucking joke.

drake3781
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:02 AM
....awww, I've seen the Pajama Game. It's an entertaining musical. :p

Venus&Serena
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:33 AM
WTf alex :weirdo:

RND
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Shit, her "Personal" section on her WTA profile would have to be the longest I've seen. Some of my personal favourite highlights:

"Graduated from LaJolla Country Day school in May 1999 with honors; was Voted Best Athlete and Most Likely to be Famous by classmates;...and danced in high school performances of Grease, Bye Bye Birdie, Guys and Dolls and Pajama Game; also sang with Madrigals ... Sang with the Gospel Choir of QuTbec in 2002 at QuTbec City tournament; Sang Joy to the World with band at Millenium New Years Eve Celebration at Hopman Cup in Perth; sang for BBC Television during 1999 rain delay at Wimbledon ... Won 2002 Survivor Contest at US Open Arthur Ashe Kids Day while wearing blonde Afro wig in honor of Foxxy Cleopatra from Austin Powers (:tape:) ...Would like to attend Yale School of Drama after her tennis career ...Reads a book a day (is that a picture book a day?)...Currently a junior at the University of Colorado in online education studying Sociology and scheduled to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in 2006."

And I haven't even got to the "Awards" section. Tell me again how throwing a first pitch at some baseball game counts as an award?

This is funny. :rolls:

Golovinjured.
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:55 AM
hahahaha. i kinda see her as the third-tennis playing williams sister, except less talented, and more starstruck. Just because they are tennis players they think they are celebs :lol: But i can accept that with Venus and Serena because they can actually play tennis at a high level, something Alexandra could only do at one grand slam tournament.

36 retirements! That's UN-BE-LIEVABLE! No fight in the girl..

TNT96
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:14 AM

I just wouldnt spend the time on all that bio information although I thought about it. You hit the nail on the head

DimaDinosaur
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:47 AM
If Stevenson is a waste of time, then why are all of you spending so much attention on her?? Is it because she actually achieved more (more money, fame, and fans) than all of you??? Well then, I guess the real losers are you guys :lol: Alex is laughing her way to the bank

mankind
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:10 AM
If Stevenson is a waste of time, then why are all of you spending so much attention on her?? Is it because she actually achieved more (more money, fame, and fans) than all of you??? Well then, I guess the real losers are you guys :lol: Alex is laughing her way to the bank

:lol: I don't know how money came into the equation here. I can assure you I am wealthier than Alexandra Stevenson, although without the "fame". It seems I got the best of both worlds.

Bottom line is that anyone has the right to mock anyone who asks to be mocked. This bio is proof enough that this girl is very easy to laugh at.

Slumpsova
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:50 AM
she is a mess. it's frustrating to see this loser stays healthy and keep retiring in most of her mach while some dedicated players like Rubin and Bovina have to be sidelined :mad:

TNT96
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:25 AM
Absolutely correct-money was not even a thought
This retirement statistic was something I found that I found to be incredibe

Elenarulez
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:59 AM
She is a mess ... And thats why i love her :worship:

mckyle.
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:15 AM

LOL.

Alex Stevenson is POOR. Wimbledon was nine years ago; do you think she really has any of that money left? Nope. All tennis players in her ranking range are poor and live tournament to tournament. The life of a professional tennis scrub is a sucky one. The only reasoning I have for why Alex still plays is that her dad is giving her money under the table and she still finds fun playing.