3 Henin
4 Jankovic
5 Hantuchova
6 Vaidisova
7 Kuznetsova
8 Radwanska
9 Venus
9 Serena

In terms of who's playing better, might be more accurate than the 12 month top ten, at the moment.

goldenboi356
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:24 PM
In terms of who's playing better, might be more accurate than the 12 month top ten, at the moment.

at the the moment, yes, but NOT really representative of the last 12 months.

serenus_2k8
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
:woohoo: I love the Race, so simple and exciting :D

rollup
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:35 PM
What was it this time last year and what did it end up being? :tape:

jamatthews
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:41 PM
What was it this time last year and what did it end up being? :tape:

After AO Last Year:

1) Serena Williams
2) Kim Clijsters
3) Maria Sharapova
4) Nicole Vaidisova
5) Jelena Jankovic
6) Shahar Peer
7) Anna Chakvetadze
8) Martina Hingis
9) Li Na
10) Lucie Safarova

After Quebec Last Year:

1) Justine Henin
2) Jelena Jankovic (up 3)
3) Svetlana Kuznetsova
4) Ana Ivanovic
5) Serena Williams (down 4)
6) Anna Chakvetadze (up 1)
7) Venus Williams
=8 Daniela Hantuchova
=8 Maria Sharapova (Down 5)
10) Marion Bartoli

rollup
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
After AO Last Year:

1) Serena Williams
2) Kim Clijsters
3) Maria Sharapova
4) Nicole Vaidisova
5) Jelena Jankovic
6) Shahar Peer
7) Anna Chakvetadze
8) Martina Hingis

That's right and there's a player that wasn't even in that list that ended up hundreds of points ahead by the end of the season, so I don't really see what the point of this thread is :shrug:

Volcana
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM
That's right and there's a player that wasn't even in that list that ended up hundreds of points ahead by the end of the season, so I don't really see what the point of this thread is :shrug:Hmmmm .... was I too obscure in the opening post. Let's examine ....
" In terms of who's playing better, might be more accurate than the 12 month top ten, at the moment."
Wow. That seems pretty clear. I don't know why you don't see the point of the thread. I mean this in a good way but, maybe you're really fucking stupid. Don't take it personally, but if you have an IQ of 47, it would explain a lot. Like your posts.

I know. I'll do a quick chart for you

1 Sharapova .... 1 Henin
2 Ivanovic ..... 2 Ivanovic
3 Henin ........ 3 Kuznetsova
4 Jankovic ..... 4 Jankovic
5 Hantuchova ... 5 Sharapova
6 Vaidisova .... 6 Venus
7 Kuznetsova ... 7 Chakvetadze
8 Radwanska .... 8 Hantuchova
9 Venus ........ 9 Bartoli
9 Serena .......10 Serena

See? The point of the thread is, the first list is a more accurate representation of who's playing better right now than the second list. I can write it slower, if that would help.

Then again, maybe not so surprising. The Race is designed to tell you who's accomplished the most within the calendar. The 12 month rankings are designed as a way to seed tournaments fairly. It's not designed to tell you who playing better.

Direwolf
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Hmmmm .... was I too obscure in the opening post. Let's examine ....
" In terms of who's playing better, might be more accurate than the 12 month top ten, at the moment."
Wow. That seems pretty clear. I don't know why you don't see the point of the thread. I mean this in a good way but, maybe you're really fucking stupid. Don't take it personally, but if you have an IQ of 47, it would explain a lot. Like your posts.

1 Sharapova .... 1 Henin
6 Vaidisova .... 6 Venus

See? The point of the thread is, the first list is a more accurate representation of who's playing better right now than the second list. I can write it slower, if that would help.

Then again, maybe not so surprising. The Race is designed to tell you who's accomplished the most within the calendar. The 12 month rankings are designed as a way to seed tournaments fairly. It's not designed to tell you who playing better.

ACCURATE??

Radwanska, Kuznetsova, Vaidisova

playing better than SERENA(hopman Cup)
and Venus(hong kong)

:rolleyes:

Matt01
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:25 PM
If you want to know who played best at the AO, you can look at the Race Rankings. Otherwise the Race is pretty much useless at this point.

The Crow
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Hmmmm .... was I too obscure in the opening post. Let's examine ...." In terms of who's playing better, might be more accurate than the 12 month top ten, at the moment."

1 Sharapova .... 1 Henin
6 Vaidisova .... 6 Venus

Well du'h! Of course the rankings that only take into account the last month give the best idea of who plays best at the moment (especially if there's a slam in that period). But what's the point? Just look at the results of the last slam and then you always have a list of who plays best at the moment.

:confused:

Mikey B
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:37 PM
ACCURATE??

playing better than SERENA(hopman Cup)
and Venus(hong kong)

erm.. exhibitions....

rollup
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Well du'h! Of course the rankings that only take into account the last month give the best idea of who plays best at the moment (especially if there's a slam in that period). But what's the point? Just look at the results of the last slam and then you always have a list of who plays best at the moment.

My point exactly, except I got the abusive reply :rolleyes:

Does this mean that you are "fucking stupid" also (as I was called by the OP)? :lol: :rolleyes:

rollup
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:49 PM
If you want to know who played best at the AO, you can look at the Race Rankings. Otherwise the Race is pretty much useless at this point.

:D Do you also have an IQ of 47? :lol:

DragonFlame
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:51 PM

exactly, what's the point in making this thread if most players only played 1 or 2 tournies. Off course the winner of the biggest tournie played the best then!:rolleyes: standard going down volcana:o;):lol:

Harvs
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:24 PM
great players in the race so far!!

Volcana
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Just look at the results of the last slam and then you always have a list of who plays best at the moment.As you yourself point out, there isn;t always a slam in the last month. And of course, you'd hardly use the RG results to predict Wimbledon, despite their proximity.

However, the only point I was trying to make was that the race results, at the moment, did a better job of showing who the best players were. Not a perfect job, just a better one. I wasn't announcing a cure to cancer or anything.

AcesHigh
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:57 AM
It's the beginning of the year.. of course the race is going to tell us who's playing best at the moment.