Elwin.
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Maria :worship:

Rik.
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:13 PM
:haha:

Dave.
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:17 PM
That is the first time I have heard her speak Russian!

But good on her for shushing that crowd. :devil:

btw, was Yuri at Fed Cup?

Lucyxx
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:19 PM
:44-:45 :hearts:.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:24 PM

But good on her for shushing that crowd. :devil:

btw, was Yuri at Fed Cup?

Yuri in Russia

Demska
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Lol. You can see Pe'er reaction when Masha says "You should learn from yesterdays mistakes" at the net.

Lucyxx
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Giving skiing lessons to Putin.

Groenefelder25
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:29 PM
:lol: :hearts:

joo.
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:37 PM
love her, lol.

roelc
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:56 PM

same here!

didn't know she could :tape:

Keaka
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:57 PM
have to agree with the thread title

:lol: yep, interesting video :p

Kworb
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I love when she speaks Russian, it's so hot

rollup
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:10 PM
:inlove: Ahhhhhhhh she's wonderful

cintatenis
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:29 PM
:lol: Maria :worship:

Willam
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
:lol: ..

Maria :devil:

Bartosh
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:35 PM
WOW she speak russian :devil: very hot :drool:
Maria :rocker2:

serenus_2k8
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:39 PM
She does sound great when speaking Russian :hearts: :D

Slutati
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:41 PM
oh no i'm actually starting to like maria:help:that's just wrong!!:confused:

matanuriel
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I love Maria but please aren't any other people but me who are fed up with all this Israel-Russia tie crap already?

Jovana.
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:17 PM
:rocker2: you sush 'em girl! :rolls:

Slumpsova
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:55 PM
eww where Russian class did she take? it's just broken and poor. stick with the English next time, or just go with Hebrew or something.

Shoulderpova
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:07 PM
eww where Russian class did she take? it's just broken and poor. stick with the English next time, or just go with Hebrew or something.

you've just embarrassed yourself once again :lol:for your information she speaks perfect russian :kiss:

Slumpsova
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:10 PM
you've just embarrassed yourself once again :lol:for your information she speaks perfect russian :kiss:
then i guess Russian isn't a beautiful language :kiss:

Shoulderpova
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:12 PM
then i guess Russian isn't a beautiful language :kiss:

it's fine and i respect your opinion. But Russian is the most beautiful language in the world :worship::worship::worship:

-SheLL-
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Maria :worship:

slamchamp
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:20 PM
:lol: I loved how she ignored peer after saying whatever she said at the net

Jovana.
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:35 PM
it's fine and i respect your opinion. But Russian is the most beautiful language in the world :worship::worship::worship:

true :hearts:

Wiggly
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:35 PM
She said something to Peer and totally ignored her. :lol:

spiritedenergy
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:54 PM

her Russian is kinda broken:tape:

Talia
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM
then i guess Russian isn't a beautiful language
I've heard from some Europeans and Americans that Russian sounds rough and even kind of "agressive" to them.. I don't know probably it's really so for european "ear", probably Romanic languages sound smoother, or it's just a matter of centuries of antirussian and antisoviet propaganda..:lol: (can't help it but in such cases this Sting song always comes to my mind - I hope that Russians love their children too..lalala :lol:) don't know ;)
As for Maria, she speaks ok but not excellent Russian. She doesn't have accent really, only Sochi-accent, but her ability to create extended sentences is much higher in English. In Russian her language sounds kind of poor, with no rich vocabluary. Much better than my English though :o

Dan23
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:59 PM
The net exchange is pretty funny

her Russian is kinda broken:tape:how would you know?

Sha_ra_po_va
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I'm just an amateur student of russian, but it sounds pretty darn good to me!:worship:

Brett.
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:25 PM
What did she say in Russian? :confused:

I love her laugh :p and it was funny when Peers was trying to talk to Masha :lol:

Pureracket
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Maria Sharapova is hood.

Drake1980
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:59 PM
They must hate her and Chak so badly in Israel.

Peterk07
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:05 AM
I've heard from some Europeans and Americans that Russian sounds rough and even kind of "agressive" to them.. I don't know probably it's really so for european "ear", probably Romanic languages sound smoother, or it's just a matter of centuries of antirussian and antisoviet propaganda..:lol: (can't help it but in such cases this Sting song always comes to my mind - I hope that Russians love their children too..lalala :lol:) don't know ;)

Direct hit. :) Except..... it's not (just) propaganda. I grew up seeing "friendly" soviet soldiers marching on our street day by day, so for me the russian laguage always sounded "militaric" - if it makes sense. Later I learned russian for a while, and now I know it's a rich, I would say "intelligent" language too, but it seems you will never be able to get rid of your deeply deposited childhood experiences - because i still feel it a bit "agressive".

I guess, if a young russian blonde like Masha would whisper russian words to my ears, maybe my emotions would change. :devil:

cocco80
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I really don't understand how can anybody say russian sounds agressive..For me it's one of the 'softest' languages. I think it's beautiful.

galit
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Mashenka :hearts:

A konechno ona govorit po russki. Ona russkaya. :p

Wayn77
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:28 AM
I'm no big fan of Maria .... but

She keeps talking like that in Russian,

I might just jump aboard Team Sharapova :hearts:

Peterk07
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I really don't understand how can anybody say russian sounds agressive..For me it's one of the 'softest' languages. I think it's beautiful.

Maybe because you're serbian, speaking a slav language too. :)

There are languages that sounds to me like sputter, others sounds crowly. But this doesn't mean those languages really are crowly, it only means my language is very different. I'm sure people who speak those languages find them nice, even beautiful.

Tamus
Feb 5th, 2008, 01:00 AM
if a young russian blonde like Masha would whisper russian words to my ears

:drool:

cocco80
Feb 5th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Maybe because you're serbian, speaking a slav language too. :)

There are languages that sounds to me like sputter, others sounds crowly. But this doesn't mean those languages really are crowly, it only means my language is very different. I'm sure people who speak those languages find them nice, even beautiful.

I see your point but I don't think that's the reason. I understand it's completely subjective but I guess I don't really buy that. There are few theories concerning this matter but I wouldn't go there. Talia said something which I find to be true.

Besides that..i don't speak russian so it's not that 'familiar' like for example english and italian - which i actually do speak so..no..it's not the matter of russian being similar to serbian both being slavic languages.

Svetlana.
Feb 5th, 2008, 01:35 AM
I see your point but I don't think that's the reason. I understand it's completely subjective but I guess I don't really buy that. There are few theories concerning this matter but I wouldn't go there. Talia said something which I find to be true.

Besides that..i don't speak russian so it's not that 'familiar' like for example english and italian - which i actually do speak so..no..it's not the matter of russian being similar to serbian both being slavic languages.

:kiss: you just don't have the baggage others still tend to have ;)

Mightymirza
Feb 5th, 2008, 03:26 AM

Why?? :shrug: I dont think so!

stevos
Feb 5th, 2008, 03:31 AM
DAMN! I knew it would be hot hearing Maria speak Russian, but this was better than expected. :drool:
Plus she looks amazing in this outfit. I love fed cup Maria. :awww:

Sam L
Feb 5th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I love Maria but please aren't any other people but me who are fed up with all this Israel-Russia tie crap already?

They're going to milk it for all they can.

Apparently Russia beating Israel in the World Group is the biggest thing that happened to women's tennis this year. :lol:

Svetlana.
Feb 5th, 2008, 03:40 AM
They're going to milk it for all they can.

Apparently Russia beating Israel in the World Group is the biggest thing that happened to women's tennis this year. :lol:

You are the first one to say that... I don't think it's the biggest thing, but if you say so then let it be :lol:

Sam L
Feb 5th, 2008, 03:47 AM
You are the first one to say that... I don't think it's the biggest thing, but if you say so then let it be :lol:

I guess you're not familiar with sarcasm. I know you don't have a good education but surely you must have access to a dictionary. Go look it up. :wavey:

Svetlana.
Feb 5th, 2008, 03:54 AM
I guess you're not familiar with sarcasm. I know you don't have a good education but surely you must have access to a dictionary. Go look it up. :wavey:

are you always that bitter and sad? :sobbing:

faboozadoo15
Feb 5th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Sharapova silenced the crowd with her stunning play, and Chakvetadze howled back!
Both were very effective. Nobody's stopping Russia in Fed Cup with their best lineup.

mankind
Feb 5th, 2008, 04:26 AM
:lol: Her interview in Russian was so short....It's been a while, honey.

Sharakim
Feb 5th, 2008, 05:23 AM
0001..Eternal follower of the Urine-Coloured Girl
Official Moron Leader of the Maria Mafia
:lol::lol::lol:

Slumpsova
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I'm no big fan of Maria .... but

She keeps talking like that in Russian,

I might just jump aboard Team Sharapova :hearts:
that's her propaganda. tries to speak some languages to get more fans. what a cheater :rolleyes:

cheo23
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Sweet cleo , now i say hello , from russia, da

The Jabberwock
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:47 AM

Definitely not :(

I'm sure Maria has many fans in Israel. I'm no fan of her but she played extremely well this weekend and managed the situation in a very respectful way. I mean, I found myself saying to the guys that sit just near me that she is like a "Snow Queen". At the end of the match she got a standing ovation from the crowd. She deserved it. :worship:

Chaky is a different story. She has many fans in Israel and I doubt this situation will change after this tie. Beside this ugly incident during her match she got many applauds and cheering, even during other matches you could hear from time to time fans calling: "Go Chaky" and "We love you Chaky". Well, she is so cute, how can anybody hate her? :hearts: :worship:

itzhak
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Chaky is very very popular in Israel.

Princeza
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I know you don't have a good education but surely you must have access to a dictionary.

Who are you to judge someone's education, you douchebag?

matanuriel
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Why?? :shrug: I dont think so!

We don't. I am a fan of Maria and Chaky and though I didn't like what Maria said or how Chaky accted (She did the same thing against Shahar at the USO) I am still a fan of both.

In Israel, there are a lot of Chaky fans (you don't know how many shouts came from the crowd "Chaky I love you"). and about Maria it is devided, there are a lot of people that think she is hot/ play great tennis/... that therfor like her. and many others that think she is arrogent b*tch or a chitter (because of her match against Shahar in Zurich 2006 or Patty at the RG last year).

keirana332
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:59 AM
:hearts::haha:

dya74
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:17 AM
good reaction! I have to say i like her speaking Russian

bellascarlett
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:25 PM
:lol: :hearts:

New Sharapova fan, huh?! ;)

Ewww it's you again...in a Sharapova thread. :tape: Just stick with your Radek-loving Nicole next time. Ewww...

DAMN! I knew it would be hot hearing Maria speak Russian, but this was better than expected. :drool:
Plus she looks amazing in this outfit. I love fed cup Maria. :awww:

What? You've never heard her speak Russian before?! :confused:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 5th, 2008, 02:32 PM

okay

Tamus
Feb 5th, 2008, 06:43 PM
and many others that think she is arrogent b*tch or a chitter (because of her match against Shahar in Zurich 2006 or Patty at the RG last year).

Did I miss something? :confused:

matanuriel
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Did I miss something? :confused:

no it just that Patty got a lot of fans here in Israel after she came to play an exo with Shahar last year I think...

Tamus
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:05 PM
no it just that Patty got a lot of fans here in Israel after she came to play an exo with Shahar last year I think...

. . . but how does that make Maria an arrogant bitch/cheater?

matanuriel
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:16 PM
. . . but how does that make Maria an arrogant bitch/cheater?

I am not saying that she is or anything like that, she is one od my faves after all. But some people believe she cheated in that match...

Tamus
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:29 PM
I am not saying that she is or anything like that, she is one od my faves after all. But some people believe she cheated in that match...

I just want to know what they would base their assertion that she cheated on. I understand about the Shahar match, but the only "controversy" that I can remember from the Patty match was that the crowd got on Maria for changing her racket or something stupid like that, but I don't remember anything that would be called cheating.

Just Do It
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
LSx9JDy3ZmY

Have to put it like this because i cant open you tube.

DokicPova
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:45 PM
lmao at spiritedenergy trolling again and again in maria threads

LMFAO at maria talking shit to peer and then ignoring her ass :lol:

Just Do It
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:47 PM
OMG that is HOT, and I even understood every word :eek:

:yeah:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:51 PM

thanks matanuriel , when I told them on the forum that a lot of Israelians on the forum cheer for Patty by ubnormal way they all sarcasm me , thanks really

and the french crowd was awfull on the fourth round match , they thought Maria will loose and acted stupid when she returned to the match

matanuriel
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I just want to know what they would base their assertion that she cheated on. I understand about the Shahar match, but the only "controversy" that I can remember from the Patty match was that the crowd got on Maria for changing her racket or something stupid like that, but I don't remember anything that would be called cheating.

Didn't she serve when Patty wasn't ready or something like that. I remember at the interview after the match she said she ain't mother thrisa (I am not sure if that is how it written) only a tennis player who want to win matches.

Tamus
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Didn't she serve when Patty wasn't ready or something like that. I remember at the interview after the match she said she ain't mother thrisa (I am not sure if that is how it written) only a tennis player who want to win matches.

Oh yes, I remember now. Patty raised her hand after Maria served. Don't know why I forgot that . . .

slamchamp
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:33 PM
YOu ArE THe LaST PERSoooN ThAt ShOuld MAkE fUn OF SweET CleoPaTrA!!!!!!!:tape:

stevos
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:54 AM
What? You've never heard her speak Russian before?! :confused:

I know, right? :unsure:
I've just never found any russian interviews or anything! I have to get everything off the internet basically, and most of it is just matches I download.

Although I do seem to recall it. Didn't notice the greatness of it back then though, I guess.

Billabong
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:45 AM
I just looove Russian:D
Here you can hear Safina speaking Russian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob5iBM7FH_s&feature=related

Huntress555
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Maria :lol:

I always love it when she speaks Russian, not that I understand it, but it sounds cool :p

cheo23
Feb 6th, 2008, 03:07 AM
YOu ArE THe LaST PERSoooN ThAt ShOuld MAkE fUn OF SweET CleoPaTrA!!!!!!!:tape:

WhateveRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Oh yes, I remember now. Patty raised her hand after Maria served. Don't know why I forgot that . . .

no , Patty didn't win any of the four match points over injuired Masha on clay , so she was nervous

Renaissance
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Shahar was trying to talk to Maria at the net, Maria snubed her majestically.

Good job on the court Maria:yeah:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:07 PM
no she wasn't trying to talk , Masha said to her something and she was surprised ,

Keaka
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:11 PM
gotta agree with the thread title :D