Shoulderpova
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
She didn't drop any game after being pissed off :hearts:

Buitenzorg
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:29 PM
very fierce :eek: I like that Go Anna :bounce:

Buitenzorg
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
The crowd deserved that from Anna :) good entertainment for the crowd ;)

Effy
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
that is hot.

scoobsuk
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
I thought it was fantastic.

Just before that the crowd had literally done half the work in helping Obziler break back, they were going nuts in the points, calling out, whistling, being really bad.

So I loved Anna's reaction. She went ballistic as a matter of policy and kicked ass to finish the match and win the tie.

Legendary stuff.

sammy01
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
love it, giving as good as shes getting. even maria looked abit like wooooooooooo omg.

The Daviator
I don't think her house is EVER going to be burgled again :tape:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Chaky :inlove:

She is so cute

Wayn77
Anna's pumpin' looks a little ..... forced!! ;)

All that aggression, and she's still dancin around the court like a ballerina :lol:

tobi
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
As bad as the Israeli crowd was, it's sad that she sunk to doing that crap. :o
She took crowd with the way they understand and used it to finish the match off which is way better than collapsing at the situation.

Wiggly
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
The crowd was terrible. Anna kicked all their butt.

2moretogo
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
What? Who? Where? Seems as if Kuzy was well served by not going to Isreal. Dayum, just dayum.
This wasn't tennis it was a screaming match.

Dexter
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
Way to go! :yeah: She responded the best way to that partisan crowd. Umnica, mołodiec! :D

Philip
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
Wow, i wish this would happen more in wta :p

Love it!

ys
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
She didn't drop any game after being pissed off :hearts:

She dropped just a couple of points all the way to the matchpoints.. :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:37 PM
i couldnt stop :haha: when this happened
but it worked wonders
Anna :hug:

dybbuk
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:38 PM
She took crowd with the way they understand and used it to finish the match off which is way better than collapsing at the situation.

The crowd was awful, I saw it myself, yes. However aren't there better and more professional ways to respond than sinking to their level and screaming at them and getting them even more upset? Chakvetadze is 10x better than Oblizer, she didn't need to do that.

spiritedenergy
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
she had to resort to this to beat the no 85 player???
she needs some mental help by the way:help:

DimaDinosaur
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:42 PM
OMG!!! I love this bitch!! :hearts: I didn't think she had it in her, but I got newfound respect and admiration for her!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!

Iceland
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
Fantastic Anna, just too funny & clever from her, taking this situation as a game! :yeah:

kolan
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:43 PM

All that aggression, and she's still dancin around the court like a ballerina :lol:

it makes ana's fist pump look natural :lol:

only joking. thats one way to react to an evil crowd :tape::bounce:

go anna.

ys
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:44 PM
The crowd was awful, I saw it myself, yes. However aren't there better and more professional ways to respond than sinking to their level and screaming at them and getting them even more upset? Chakvetadze is 10x better than Oblizer, she didn't need to do that.

They tried to bully her.. She humiliated them, bitchslapped them and deservedly so.. That's only way it works on Middle East.. No compromises. If you don't hit back as painfully as you can, they will sit on your head and they will shit. Make them felt the pain, so they don't do it again. I though thought that Israel is different from the rest of Middle East..

DimaDinosaur
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:44 PM

She didn't just defeat the 85th ranked player; she defeated her AND 15,000 Israeli's!!!!! Defeating 15,001 people in one match is HARD!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
:haha: she looks so funny :haha:

spiritedenergy
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
She didn't just defeat the 85th ranked player; she defeated her AND 15,000 Israeli's!!!!! Defeating 15,001 people in one match is HARD!

weren't they 4,000? Still she shouldn't have needed to go that low, real mental strength does not need to be screamed away.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:48 PM
:worship: Anna :worship:

I thought she would crumble facing that crowd but she gave as good as she got :yeah:

loved it :lol:

njnetswill
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Maria loves it! :lol:

hdfb
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Haha she is so funny and cool. And Maria is so fake!

Elwin.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:54 PM
OMG Anna :haha: :haha: :worship: :hearts:

Maria enjoyed it :lol:

new-york
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
As bad as the Israeli crowd was, it's sad that she sunk to doing that crap. :o

merci.

you show people how to behave, you don't bomb back.

LindsayRulz
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
:haha:

tenn_ace
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
the crowd got what they deserved - a complete pissed off Anna showing that the OPPOSING players are people too... Hopefully, Israeli crowd learns the lesson.

Dan23
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
The Chak attacked alright :lol: some in the crowd were irate :spit:

You can imagine some of the obscene things that would have been called from the crowd that you cant hear on TV...not only during that match but to all the Russian players so its understandable that Chaky got fired up. Never seen her like that before though :lol:

miss molly
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
The crowd was so bad during the whole week end, the worst i've ever seen, i can understand her reaction. Well done Anna!

swissmr
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Anna! :worship:
This almost makes we want to become an Anna fan.

gumoll
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
omg
:lol:

can't stop :haha:

tenn_ace
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
merci.

you show people how to behave, you don't bomb back.

a big pile of crap. Maria was showing them just that. And did she get in today's match? Almost the same crappy attitude. Anna was fine for a set and a half and then something set her off. Notice, it is the same people she is staring at. Does it occur to you that they might ahve said somethng to provike Anna's behaviour?

kiwifan
nice. :cool:

as a Connors fan...

...always love to see real emotion on the court.

tenn_ace
Maria was so funny cheering for Anna though :hearts:.

tenn_ace
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
by the way, thanks for posting the link.

LeRoy.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
wow the crowd deserved much worse. I loved Anna's attitude. :yeah:

The Israeli crowd here has to be the worst ever far worse than the Chinese crowd at the AO08.

Tennace
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:17 PM
Anna :spit: :haha: :worship:

I officially love Anna now. That is so bold to do that :worship:

P_Fer
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
OMG:lol:I didn't know you had it in you Anna :)

hablo
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:38 PM
When Anna gets mad, it looks forced just like when Momo screams. :rolls::haha:

Wow, this fed cup tie sure was entertaining.

new-york
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
a big pile of crap. Maria was showing them just that. And did she get in today's match? Almost the same crappy attitude. Anna was fine for a set and a half and then something set her off. Notice, it is the same people she is staring at. Does it occur to you that they might ahve said somethng to provike Anna's behaviour?

uh.

Maria showed them nothing, "she shut their mouths". (virtually, because it hasn't been possible during this tie, but i'm sure that they felt the punch.)
still, to be as provocative as the crowd is not the best way to get out of the story with all your pride.
you get more shouting, and you find yourself clowning too.

i would have probably woken up the angry phoenix too with some firin' davais and even by throwing my rackets, my balls, my cap and my smelly towels at everybody's mum but what occurs to me is that it's an easier but not a wiser reaction.

dumbing down.

Svetlana.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:47 PM

Agree, Anna spoke to them with the only language they understand.

*Jool*
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:59 PM
wow :eek: it must have been very exciting for her to allow herself to let her nerves go and play with that to fight the patriotic crowd. Must have been a horrendous moment for Tzipora but a great one from Anna (and Sharapova in the stands :lol: )

Ceri
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
wow anna, well animated! who knew she could be so fiery? love it. :)

Blu€
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
:haha::haha: , I understand the crowd deserved it but that wasn't classy at all, never really liked Anna's behaviour on court but good for her she won :wavey:

starr
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:29 PM
A.Chack! :worship:

theDreamer
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:29 PM
uh.

Maria showed them nothing, "she shut their mouths". (virtually, because it hasn't been possible during this tie, but i'm sure that they felt the punch.)
still, to be as provocative as the crowd is not the best way to get out of the story with all your pride.

i would have probably woken up the angry phoenix too with some firin' davais and even by throwing my rackets, my balls, my cap and my smelly towels at everybody's mum but what occurs to me is that it's an easier but not a wiser reaction.

dumbing down.

Tennis is a pretty physical game and the players need adrenaline to play well.
Her reaction obviously turned out to be the best thing for her to do as it
got her fired up and helped her to play better.
She didn't need to do it to win, but I'm sure it made things easier for her and helped her avoid
any further drama (in terms of the scoreline).

In a match like that, it's not really about pride.
Plus she wasn't really being disrespectful (IMO), just pumping herself up in an exaggerated manner
- the only reason for the crowd to get riled about it was because they knew she was doing it in response to their bad behaviour.
And in fact, she doesn't to seem have "lost her pride" in general judging by most of the responses
on this thread (and she hasn't really lost any respect from me, maybe she's even gained a bit
for being able to channel her anger into playing well)

Apoleb
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:34 PM
uh.

dumbing down.

Get over it. She reacted in her own way that, at the end, made her win the match, which is all that matters. Let's see what you will do when you have 5000 people bullying you on a tennis court.

Can't see how anyone can critisize Anna or Maria (for what she said afterwards) when they had to deal with what looked like a bunch of 5th grade children.

Slutati
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
what a crazy bitch :lol:i love it, they deserved it:worship:

lilyanne
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:41 PM
Anna, very funny

jordan1989
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:49 PM
Anna haha well done

new-york
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:49 PM
Get over it. She reacted in her own way that, at the end, made her win the match, which is all that matters. Let's see what you will do when you have 5000 people bullying you on a tennis court.

Can't see how anyone can critisize Anna or Maria (for what she said afterwards) when they had to deal with what looked like a bunch of 5th grade children.

ok dad.

i laughed at the vid, i'm glad my favorite russian won her match.
i'm just not into boxing.
had the opponent been better, cold blood would have been required.

i told in my previous post what i would have done, worse, and i said that it wasn't necessarily right, even if feeling the best.

but oh well.
i guess it's harder to tell a thing if the situation doesn't illustrate it or it can't be valid.
looks don't own theory.
congrats russia.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:50 PM
that's the way Anna should play all her matches against tough situations like playing slam champions , she is better player than Ivanovic , if she can be with this toughness she can win RG one day
although sometimes she was a real crazy during the match ahahahahaay , they must be all got mad after what happened on the first day , I can't stop laughing cause Anna is the last person I expected her to be like that ahahahahahay

tenn_ace
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:51 PM
Agree, Anna spoke to them with the only language they understand.

exactly. as they say in Russia: if you have to live with wolves, you have to be one.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:53 PM
wow :eek: it must have been very exciting for her to allow herself to let her nerves go and play with that to fight the patriotic crowd. Must have been a horrendous moment for Tzipora but a great one from Anna (and Sharapova in the stands :lol: )

ofcours she was so happy

Sam L
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:56 PM
exactly. as they say in Russia: if you have to live with wolves, you have to be one.

Israel are "wolves" when it comes to the economy and technology. For a country of just 7 million, it is doing so well. Maybe Chak and her Russian friends could talk that language too. Tennis isn't everything. It's just a game.

Edward.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:57 PM
I've just become an Anna C. fan :hearts:

tenn_ace
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Israel are "wolves" when it comes to the economy and technology. For a country of just 7 million, it is doing so well. Maybe Chak and her Russian friends could talk that language too. Tennis isn't everything. It's just a game.

Not sure what relevance it bears on this discussion, but since you started it, here is the reality. Give (gift wrap) $4 BILLION a year to anyone and they will, at least, live well. Isn't it what happens between US and Israel?

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Not sure what relevance it bears on this discussion, but since you started it, here is the reality. Give (gift wrap) $4 BILLION a year to anyone and they will, at least, live well. Isn't it what happens between US and Israel?

You can throw money but you can't come up with inventions. That comes from brains. Go and research on Israeli technology and inventions. That can be your homework for the day, child. :lol:

Apoleb

What the hell this has to do with this thread or the proverb tenn_ace brought. :weirdo:

Getting uber-defensive Sam again?

Svetlana.

cheel out...

We are not going to compare Russia with Israel on this forum because it's like comparing the USA with Israel...

Svetlana.
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:05 AM
What the hell this has to do with this thread or the proverb tenn_ace brought. :weirdo:

She/he has not been very happy that Russia won today ;)

tenn_ace
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:06 AM
You can throw money but you can't come up with inventions. That comes from brains. Go and research on Israeli technology and inventions. That can be your homework for the day, child. :lol:

Again, what does it have to do with anything? If I didn't know your age, I would have thought you are drunk or something. Your logic is really incoherent ATM.

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:07 AM

Defensive of what? You need to realize that I'm not Jewish nor Israeli nor married to one. Why would I need to be partisan on anything? :confused:

Apoleb
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Defensive of what? You need to realize that I'm not Jewish nor Israeli nor married to one. Why would I need to be partisan on anything? :confused:

Yeah, everyone has bought that. Not that I'm interested in getting in a discussion with an idiot, but you look more than defensive. You look paranoid. :awww:

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Again, what does it have to do with anything? If I didn't know your age, I would have thought you are drunk or something. Your logic is really incoherent ATM.

So now you've gone from a line of argument that suggests money has to do success to arguing what has this got to do with tennis? :lol:

I guess you know when you've lost.

Svetlana.
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:12 AM

Yes, you are right... there are about 1 million well professional/educated people moved to Israel from Russia. So Russia educated them for the Israel prosperity ;)

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:12 AM

Yeah, everyone has bought that. Not that I'm interested in getting in a discussion with an idiot, but you look more than defensive. You look paranoid. :awww:

Yeah, like everyone has bought your mo. :haha: I guess to an idiot, bringing up facts makes one look paranoid. Yes, sad.

tenn_ace
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:15 AM
So now you've gone from a line of argument that suggests money has to do success to arguing what has this got to do with tennis? :lol:

I guess you know when you've lost.

yeah I made a big mistake responding to your first idiotic post. now have to deal with this pile.

Sam L
Yes, you are right... there are about 1 million well professional/educated people moved to Israel from Russia. So Russia educated them for the Israel prosperity ;)

Yes, it's true in so many ways. But you only know half the truth. :secret: ;) The father of modern Hebrew was from Russia. I have no problem with Russia or the Russian winning this tie - it's expected.

But I just find it funny that some people are taking this opportunity to bash Israel. :lol: The usual suspects.

@Sweet Cleopatra
cmon every one please don't speak about politics on general message , go to non tennis section

every action has a reaction , Anna didn't make that without a reason , Safina will not cry cause she lost a match , the crowd was really very bad , they screamed while Maria was playing

please Sam L , it's getting booring when you speak about the same thing on any thread , stop it

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:17 AM
yeah I made a big mistake responding to your first idiotic post. now have to deal with this pile.

Why was it idiotic? :confused: Because it actually has truth it in?

Apoleb
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Guys, don't get swayed by Sam L's completely off topic post. He starts a political discussion out of nowhere and then claims everyone is bashing Israel. He's that disturbed by all of this.

---

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:18 AM

Yes, it's true in so many ways. But you only know half the truth. :secret: ;) The father of modern Hebrew was from Russia. I have no problem with Russia or the Russian winning this tie - it's expected.

But I just find it funny that some people are taking this opportunity to bash Israel. :lol: The usual suspects.

no one is doing that , you want the conversation to go this way so you can say what you say in each thread ,

Apoleb
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:19 AM
no one is doing that , you want the conversation to go this way so you can say what you say in each thread ,

That's like the first smart thing I ever saw you post. Congrats. :D

@Sweet Cleopatra
Guys, don't get swayed by Sam L's completely off topic post. He starts a political discussion out of nowhere and then claims everyone is bashing Israel. He's that disturbed by all of this.

---

I know :lol:

DaMamaJama87
I don't know what was faker: Sharapova's "cheerleading" or Chakvetadse's "pumping up"

cheo23
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:20 AM

Omg you are so ANNoying!!!!!! The end of the sentence is a PERIOD!!!! Not a freaking COMMA!!!!!!! Get it Together!!!!!! You may be Russian but we Americans DO NOT write like that!!!!!

slamchamp
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Omg you are so ANNoying!!!!!! The end of the sentence is a PERIOD!!!! Not a freaking COMMA!!!!!!! Get it Together!!!!!! You may be Russian but we Americans DO NOT write like that!!!!!
So only americans put a dot after finshing the sentence? Some americans think their country is the center of the world:rolleyes:

Svetlana.
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:23 AM

You are really paranoid... Nobody here is attacking Israel.

and your comparison Russia and Israel is really out of order. I don't want to offend Israelis and really respect them, but to say that Israel better off than Russia is being out of reality. Russia stands on it's own for ages and Israel without the Western help would not survive and a few years. Just be real...

Good luck to you because I'm not going to engage in further conversations with you :wavey:

Mightymirza
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:24 AM
lol the crowd was asking for it :lol: all time along!!!

ys
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:25 AM

We are not bashing Israel here, Sam.. But it is also pretty obvious that the crowd that attended this match was not awfully civilised..

cellophane

But cheo, dear, don't all your sentences end in exclamation marks? :confused:

cheo23
So only americans put a dot after finshing the sentence? Some americans think their country is the center of the world:rolleyes:

We ARE the center of the world. Every Currency is meaSured against the US DOLLAR, not the Russian Currency!!!!! And we have the MOST POWERFUL economy in the World. When Hillary or Obama takes the presidential Stage, we will Rise at the top yet AGAIN!!!!!!!

tenn_ace
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:29 AM
I hope that Anna uses this experience in her pro career. She is still young and this is a great experience.

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:29 AM

---

Well considering that there have been some posts - deleted now - that went as far as calling Israelis animals, I would think there has been considerable Israel bashing around here.

But of course, you wouldn't think that's attacking Israel. Come off it, everyone can see you through you.

You are really paranoid... Nobody here is attacking Israel.

and your comparison Russia and Israel is really out of order. I don't want to offend Israelis and really respect them, but to say that Israel better off than Russia is being out of reality. Russia stands on it's own for ages and Israel without the Western help would not survive and a few years. Just be real...

Good luck to you because I'm not going to engage in further conversations with you :wavey:

So this below is NOT attacking Israel? :confused:

Firstly, "would not survive and a few years"? that doesn't make sense. And I'm only nitpicking because I want to know what you're trying to say. Israel did survive on its own, go read some history books. And US aid goes back to US companies, go get an education.

Dan23
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:31 AM
You're giving out grammar lessons? :lol: While we're on it.. one ! usually gets the job done :lol:

slamchamp
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:31 AM
We ARE the center of the world. Every Currency is meaSured against the US DOLLAR, not the Russian Currency!!!!! And we have the MOST POWERFUL economy in the World. When Hillary or Obama takes the presidential Stage, we will Rise at the top yet AGAIN!!!!!!!
Whatever Just stOP writing liKe tHISSS!!!!!

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:32 AM
We are not bashing Israel here, Sam.. But it is also pretty obvious that the crowd that attended this match was not awfully civilised..

Of course, it was like being at a soccer match. I'm conservative and I know my tennis history. I don't even like US Open and Roland Garros crowds, why would I like this crowd?

But let me put it plainly, there are people here who are implying that all Israelis are like this or that this is the "treatment" you get in Israel. It's not. And this is bashing Israel. So let's be real about this.

Let me ask you, if this situation took place in Serbia with the Russians playing also, do you think there would be the same reaction from the board? Some, but not the same by a long shot.

the cat
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Anna was in full fight in her match against Obziler and the out of control Israeli crowd. :tennis: :boxing: Well done to Anna on the big win and on playing tough tennis and showing tough character. :)

cheo23
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:35 AM

Because I'm Excited Honey!!!!

slamchamp
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Because I'm Excited Honey!!!!
:haha: oh cheo what a character

Slutati
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:43 AM
man some people on this board are seriously mental

meyerpl
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Anna was faced with the most hostile and obnoxious crowd I've ever seen. She could either turn the other cheek, stand there and just take it or she could give it right back. I respect her decision to give it back in spades. I'm sure she would have rather been playing in front of a respectful crowd but she wasn't. I don't have a problem with the way she handled the situation.

I'd like to have seen somebody direct a firehose at that crowd and that isn't a bash against Israel. It's a bash against people who were carrying on like a bunch of jackasses and abusing a young woman.

ys
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Let me ask you, if this situation took place in Serbia with the Russians playing also, do you think there would be the same reaction from the board? Some, but not the same by a long shot.

First, Serbia has a very friendly historical ties with Russia. Our people consider each other brothers. I stronly doubt things like that could ever happen between Russia and Serbia. Ironically, we play them in DC in Moscow next week. We'll see.

But if say, for instance, Croatia.. That could be similar. Two and a half years ago we played then in Croatia in DC semis, and by reports, it was the worst crowd we ever encountered. Same kind of stuff as today. But, of course, when the target are men, it does not look and feel same ugly.

Uranium
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:52 AM

you complain about how cheo writes, but not cleo who changes colors and puts 20,,,,,,,,,so if you criticize one person, criticize the other too whos worse
GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!
cheo:yeah:

slamchamp
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I think after what she experienced with the burglers in her house, she wasn't going to be scared about those people in the stands. At the contrary she challenged them :devil:

cheo23
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:54 AM
you complain about how cheo writes, but not cleo who changes colors and puts 20,,,,,,,,,so if you criticize one person, criticize the other too whos worse
GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!
cheo:yeah:

Thank you URANIUM!!!!!! You and Venus are my QUEENS!!!!!!!!

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:55 AM
she wasn't going to be scared about those people in the stands. At the contrary she challenged them :devil:

exactly ahahay , ;)

slamchamp
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:55 AM
GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!
cheo:yeah: But cleo doesn't state "americans are the best! the center of the world blah blah". It's not only about the color of the words but what they state :shrug:

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:57 AM
First, Serbia has a very friendly historical ties with Russia. Our people consider each other brothers. I stronly doubt things like that could ever happen between Russia and Serbia. Ironically, we play them in DC in Moscow next week. We'll see.

But if say, for instance, Croatia.. That could be similar. Two and a half years ago we played then in Croatia in DC semis, and by reports, it was the worst crowd we ever encountered. Same kind of stuff as today. But, of course, when the target are men, it does not look and feel same ugly.

Well, Serbia was just an example.

But yes, thanks for bringing up a good example in the tie between Croatia-Russia.

On a side note, frankly, I don't think it should matter between genders. What men can be treated worse because they're men? We now have equal prize money.

Anyway, what I'm saying is criticize crowds on an equal basis. There are some here who thinks this is the WORST crowd ever - I'm sure that has something to do with their jealousy of the success of Israel in other areas. They want it to be the worst crowd ever.

Topspin2
Great Anna :D

ys
I don't have a problem with the way she handled the situation.

I think it was delightful..Not only their team was pretty much spanked today ( what was that, they got 8 games in 4 sets ), Anna personally spanked, humiliated this crowd ..If anything it hurt poor Zipi, who was playing way over her head in those 2 games when Anna got infuriated. And what did poor Zipi get out of her best period of play during the weekend? Between 2:3 0:15 and 2:5 0:40 she got .. 2 points against Anna's 11 .. while playing very well..

meyerpl
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:59 AM
I can only speak for myself. I'd be disgusted regardless of where it took place, I'd be horrified and ashamed if it happened in my country.

I don't see this as typical or representitive of the Israeli people. It could happen anywhere. It seems there was some pretty screwed up crowd behavior at Indian Wells a few years ago.

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:00 AM
I can only speak for myself. I'd be disgusted regardless of where it took place, I'd be horrified and ashamed if it happened in my country.

I don't see this as typical or representitive of the Israeli people. It could happen anywhere. It seems there was some pretty screwed up crowd behavior at Indian Wells a few years ago.

Exactly. I completely agree.

mckyle.
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:02 AM
That was great :lol:

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:03 AM
And I think this is the first time Israel has ever been in the World Group??? Of course, the fans are going to be excited. It doesn't excuse the behaviour but it is understandable.

Plus, as if Israel ever posed a threat to the Russians anyway. Let's be real people we're talking about a country of 7 million people. The fact that they even have Shahar - a top 20 player - is a major achievement.

Some people are just enjoying Israel lose for once. Enjoy it haters, because Israel only loses on the sporting field. :D Booyah!

Apoleb
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Anna was faced with the most hostile and obnoxious crowd I've ever seen. She could either turn the other cheek, stand there and just take it or she could give it right back. I respect her decision to give it back in spades. I'm sure she would have rather been playing in front of a respectful crowd but she wasn't. I don't have a problem with the way she handled the situation.

I'd like to have seen somebody direct a firehose at that crowd and that isn't a bash against Israel. It's a bash against people who were carrying on like a bunch of jackasses and abusing a young woman.

Thank you. That was perfect.

Her behavior might not have been the most ideal, but you can't fault her for almost anything she'd do.

Scotso
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Sure, the crowd was out of line. But two wrongs don't make a right. :shrug:

Tennis players should be a little more professional than the crowd.

Apoleb
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:04 AM
And I think this is the first time Israel has ever been in the World Group??? Of course, the fans are going to be excited. It doesn't excuse the behaviour but it is understandable.

Plus, as if Israel ever posed a threat to the Russians anyway. Let's be real people we're talking about a country of 7 million people. The fact that they even have Shahar - a top 20 player - is a major achievement.

Some people are just enjoying Israel lose for once. Enjoy it haters, because Israel only loses on the sporting field. :D Booyah!

This is hilarious. Someone is having a major fit.

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:05 AM
This is hilarious. Someone is having a major fit.

Somehow I don't think you're laughing. :lol:

Rod the Bama
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the video link. I have to say that Anna getting all feisty adds more to her cuteness. :hearts:

meyerpl
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:09 AM
On a side note, frankly, I don't think it should matter between genders. What men can be treated worse because they're men? We now have equal prize money.

It matters because it's a cultural thing. Western culture, and many others, have an expectation that women are treated with more courtesy and civility than men.

Uranium
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Thank you URANIUM!!!!!! You and Venus are my QUEENS!!!!!!!!

i am a king;)

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:13 AM
It matters because it's a cultural thing. Western culture, and many others, have an expectation that women are treated with more courtesy and civility than men.

True. Israel should learn from Indian Wells' treatment of Serena and the Parisian treatment of Hingis.

ys
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:23 AM

Sorry for going a bit political, but I think you touched a bit related subject.. I think that this country has been living for too long in pretty much a war-like situation, and that wartime-like concepts that victory is all that matters, and that in the war rules are unimportant and that the opponent does not deserve much respect - all that stuff got reflected in other elements a bit, such as sports.

meyerpl
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:24 AM
True. Israel should learn from Indian Wells' treatment of Serena and the Parisian treatment of Hingis.Are you in any way, shape, manner or form using these examples of atrocious fan behavior to justify or minimize the behavior of the Israeli fans over the weekend? Because the incidents to which you refer are still being talked about today in very negative terms and I don't recall anyone ever calling foul and accusing anyone of America bashing or France bashing.

Apoleb
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Sorry for going a bit political, but I think you touched a bit related subject.. I think that this country has been living for too long in pretty much a war-like situation, and that wartime-like concepts that victory is all that matters, and that in the war rules are unimportant and that the opponent does not deserve much respect - all that stuff got reflected in other elements a bit, such as sports.

That's an interesting point. I wouldn't base it though solely on the matches this weekend. We have to see if the Israeli crowd behaves in a similar manner in many other sporting events.

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:30 AM

They gave Sharapova a standing ovation after the match. Enough said.

Are you in any way, shape, manner or form using these examples of atrocious fan behavior to justify or minimize the behavior of the Israeli fans over the weekend? Because the incidents to which you refer are still being talked about today in very negative terms and I don't recall anyone ever calling foul and accusing anyone of America bashing or France bashing.

There's criticizing the crowd and there's Israel bashing. If you can't see it, open your eyes. Although in your defence, most of the incendiary stuff has been deleted in the last couple of days.

ys
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:34 AM
That's an interesting point. I wouldn't base it though solely on the matches this weekend. We have to see if the Israeli crowd behaves in a similar manner in many other sporting events.

Of course they do. In basketball, for instance. But does anyone care about noise and yelling in basketball? It is not something totally new there. In US, I attended many sports, and I can say that nothing beats a basketball crowd in terms of low class..

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Of course they do. In basketball, for instance. But does anyone care about noise and yelling in basketball? It is not something totally new there. In US, I attended many sports, and I can say that nothing beats a basketball crowd in terms of low class..

LOL! Exactly. You'd have to incredibly naïve or stupid to wonder at that. :lol:

But yes, this crowd should've known that you don't do that in tennis. But a lot of Davis Cup ties are becoming like this anyway.

I wouldn't go to a tennis match if we had crowds like in Basketball or Soccer.

-VSR-
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Am I the only freaked out by her reaction... it seemed a little psycho. :lol:

I bet she was scared as hell leaving that stadium.

ys
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:40 AM
They gave Sharapova a standing ovation after the match. Enough said.

Sure, they would have even probably form a mile-long line if she were to give an autograph session there.

But that's actually something that Maria will have to live with. By most of fans she will always be respected, admired, but I don't think she will be loved. In fact, even on most of Tour matches she will have a majority of stands against her. Pretty much always. That's why she took it really easy. She is used to it.. She is trained to deal with it. She replaced Chaky's feistinesss with almost cool arrogance.. That end-of-match gesture was priceless when she smiled to the crowd and put her findex finger to her leaps, you could always read it there:"I got you spanked, now , quiet, kids".. :)

Uranium
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Am I the only freaked out by her reaction... it seemed a little psycho. :lol:

yeah, the mob might rob her:lol:

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:41 AM

You know as well as I do that other countries can be just as patriotic or rowdy so to speak so let's not bring the war-like situation into this?

If a country is constantly under attack, I think it's natural for those from that country to stick together and be vocal in support of each other. I think Anna showed that. If your team is under attack, it brings out emotions in you.

meyerpl
Feb 4th, 2008, 02:05 AM
There's criticizing the crowd and there's Israel bashing. If you can't see it, open your eyes. Although in your defence, most of the incendiary stuff has been deleted in the last couple of days.Come on, you can do better than that. If you're going to insult me.....go for it! Don't settle for implying that I just don't see with your superior clarity, call me names. Hell, call my mother names!:lol:

Since I'm too myopic to know it when I see it, whenever you see any Israel bashing, be sure to point it out for me. And if I happen to stumble on any (even a blind pig ocassionally finds an acorn) I assure you I'll call it what it is; an offense to humanity.

starr
Feb 4th, 2008, 02:29 AM
Are you in any way, shape, manner or form using these examples of atrocious fan behavior to justify or minimize the behavior of the Israeli fans over the weekend? Because the incidents to which you refer are still being talked about today in very negative terms and I don't recall anyone ever calling foul and accusing anyone of America bashing or France bashing.

As I recall there have been quite a few discussions of the behavior of the French crowd with regard to not only Hingis but Serena as well, and others too, and these "discussions" have degenerated into what some said was bashing and some said was pointing out the facts and you know, the normal well-considered, courteous kind of exchanges that one finds on this board. :) :)

Anyway, Israel or Uruguay or Slovenia or Switzerland -- seriously, Anna was great. She was a giant. If she had kept all that emotion bottled up inside it would have been bad for her game. She did well to let it go. You know, it wasn't a normal situation. The crowd had just been horrible during her service game -- calling out as she tossed the ball etc. She let it get to her during that game, and she decided she was going to fight back. :hatoff:

Ryan
Feb 4th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Have none of you people played sports before? If you're in a hostile crowd cheering against you, you get PISSED. You also feed off the energy and its great to see Chak pump herself up. She didn't curse; she didn't yell at Obziler; she didn't give anyone the finger; she just screamed. Get over it you pussies. :)

Renalicious
Feb 4th, 2008, 03:19 AM
it doesnt work...

BK4ever
Feb 4th, 2008, 03:35 AM
That was low class. It's obvious the Isr crowd does not understand/know the etiquette rules of tennis but Chak was just as ignorant as them. Sharapova screaming on the sidelines was tacky as well...she looked so fake...I love how she is "russian" when its convenient for her.

cheo23
Feb 4th, 2008, 03:43 AM
That was low class. It's obvious the Isr crowd does not understand/know the etiquette rules of tennis but Chak was just as ignorant as them. Sharapova screaming on the sidelines was tacky as well...she looked so fake...I love how she is "russian" when its convenient for her.

LOL!!! We all Know miss Sharapova is AMERICAN!!!!! I just Laughed my ASS Off when I saw her Cheering for ANNA and RUSSIA!!!!!!

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 4th, 2008, 03:55 AM
You will laugh louder when she wins the Gold Medal for Russia , she is playing for Russia , Russians are not kind of people that change nationality after spending many years on another country , Maria Sharapova is RUSSIAN , accept the facts on the world

cheo23
Feb 4th, 2008, 03:56 AM
You will laugh louder when she wins the Gold Medal for Russia , she is playing for Russia , Russians are not kind of people that change nationality after spending many years on another country , Maria Sharapova is RUSSIAN , accept the facts on the world

I'm Sorry but if she is REALLY russian she would NOT have an American Accent!!!! She may be RUssian on Paper but she is TOO AMERICANIZED.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 4th, 2008, 03:57 AM
ahahaha , okay

Dan23
Feb 4th, 2008, 04:03 AM
I'm Sorry but if she is REALLY russian she would NOT have an American Accent!!!! She may be RUssian on Paper but she is TOO AMERICANIZED.
For the 100003214th time...Maria is Russian until she says otherwise so 'shhhh' :p

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/681/42742u1163p6t12d3460396ve8.jpg

cheo23
Feb 4th, 2008, 04:06 AM
For the 100003214th time...Maria is Russian until she says otherwise so 'shhhh' :p

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/681/42742u1163p6t12d3460396ve8.jpg

WhateveR!!!!! She will Probably get Beaten up by Yuri or her Mom would make her write more RUssian Essays if MAria ever Admitted to that!!!!!!

Vincey!
Feb 4th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Anna :hearts:...she's so great :hearts:...I love her...so funny, such a great girl :devil:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 4th, 2008, 04:18 AM
any one uploaded the whole match ?

E Vesnina yumyum
Feb 4th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Anna:hearts::hearts::worship:

azza
Feb 4th, 2008, 04:35 AM
omg

omg

That is the most awseomness thing i havce seen hahaha omg i love it

Shooter
Feb 4th, 2008, 04:47 AM
It was kind of funny to see, but at the same time I was scared for Anna. To rile up the crowd like that is not a good idea. Also, to lose your cool to that extent is risky. It worked out o.k. for her, but most people's level of play would go down in that situation. I don't think it helped her to win. She's lucky it didn't cause her to lose. I'm sure Tarpishev (sp?) will advise her to NOT get involved with the crowd in the future.

keirana332
Feb 4th, 2008, 04:49 AM
:lol: I will never look at anna the same way again
Way to go, Maria seemed to be getting into it in the crowd as well :haha:

égalité
Feb 4th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Anna :hearts:

I thought she was going to explode. :spit: :inlove:

RJWCapriati
Feb 4th, 2008, 05:02 AM
love it!

LUVMIRZA
Feb 4th, 2008, 05:33 AM
if Anna C showed this aggression wen the thieves broke in, they wuld have ran for life:lol: I loved her reaction:kiss: such a girlie gal and so bold:) luv u.

Medina
Feb 4th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Honestly. Good On her

Dani12
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:02 AM
:lol: That was fantastic, she is a little insane but that was entertaining, who ever she Chaky was boring. Loved Maria's reactions too. Thanks for posting this! Great stuff!

Summer_Snow
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Wow, never expected she could become like this hahaha

Love you Anna!!

RND
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:33 AM
:lol:

Anna! :rocker2:

faboozadoo15
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:46 AM

Look at your Sjerbobitches this past week :tape: They aren't even world group...

faboozadoo15
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:50 AM

Israel is nothing but a pretty little fiddle the USA shines up and plays from time to time.

darkangel23
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:52 AM
OMG ANNA :lol::rolls::yeah:
Just great!!!

Maria Croft
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:55 AM
That was awesome :lol:

I've never seen her like this, I thought it was great :yeah:

FrOzon
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:58 AM

It surely was "forced"..

but I think she needed it to sustain the "bad" pressure from the audience!

faboozadoo15
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:58 AM
PS, I think this is the most amazing thing I've ever seen her do. I'm a fan now.

Meeek
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:18 AM
She is scary!! :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:21 AM

Blah-blah-blah...
Serbia never did anything good to Russia while Croatia helped us qualify for the Euro-2008.
Croatia all the way! :rocker:

Drimal
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Anna so rocks :rocker2: :drool:

Beating the crowd with their own weapons. :spit:

Princeza
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:41 AM
:haha: omg she's awesome :hearts:

DimaDinosaur
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfB7a3eT2Eg

The crowd = William fans :shout:
Anna Chak = Justine fans :angel:

mckyle.
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Gosh that shit is so fierce :hearts:

This might make me an Anna fan.

Meteor Shower
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:05 AM
They tried to bully her.. She humiliated them, bitchslapped them and deservedly so.. That's only way it works on Middle East.. No compromises. If you don't hit back as painfully as you can, they will sit on your head and they will shit. Make them felt the pain, so they don't do it again. I though thought that Israel is different from the rest of Middle East..

1. Anna screaming did not shut Israeli fans up.
2. I doubt she humiliated them.
3. There have been compromises in the Middle East in the short history.
4. One tennis match doesn't reflect how things work at Israel as a country and at Middle East as a whole.

faboozadoo15
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:23 AM
She humiliated them. She's a small young woman and gave back everything that disgusting crowd gave to her as she trounced their player. Amazing. What guts.

It takes no courage to sit in the stands with 6000 other heathens heckling a girl who's merely trying to win a tennis match. She sure showed them :tape:

Don't fuck with Chaky.

Shimizu Amon
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Amazing! I love when a player is driven like this.
She really pumped herself up against the Israelian crowd.
Way to go Anna!

Ekin
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Amazing Anna !!

I really like her in this way

Mr_Molik
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:36 AM
wow, that was amazing! go anna!
never heard a crowd cheer so loudly for a fault. disgusting.

Mr_Molik
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:37 AM
can anyone post the match point/handshake?

Ballbasher
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Anna is brilliant :hearts:

Groenefelder25
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:43 AM
:lol: ana

shes even making shazza get involved:lol:

C. Drone
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Chakynator. :rolls: Keep it up!

God bless the crazy girls. :hearts:

Medina
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:51 AM
1. Anna screaming did not shut Israeli fans up.
3. There have been compromises in the Middle East in the short history.
4. One tennis match doesn't reflect how things work at Israel as a country and at Middle East as a whole.

Chile vs Isreal Davis Cup

kkthxbye

~Carsten~
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:00 AM
honestly, I don't like Anna, but this reaction was really cute :lol:

theDreamer
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Have none of you people played sports before? If you're in a hostile crowd cheering against you, you get PISSED. You also feed off the energy and its great to see Chak pump herself up. She didn't curse; she didn't yell at Obziler; she didn't give anyone the finger; she just screamed. Get over it you pussies. :)

Exactly. This is why I said I didn't actually see anything she did as disrespectful.

The Jabberwock
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:03 AM

Not at all. When the match was over, it was over. She even got cheers from the crowed.
During the following double match she was signing autographs to many Israeli fans. Actually, more fans approached her than Maria :)

Groenefelder25
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:06 AM
wow i just realised

sharapova's being a mini yuri :lol:

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Not at all. When the match was over, it was over. She even got cheers from the crowed.
During the following double match she was signing autographs to many Israeli fans. Actually, more fans approached her than Maria :)

:yeah:

Ben.
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:16 AM
great reaction from ana :D

Hashim.
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:16 AM

tenn_ace
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:17 AM

They were probably Russians poor Russian fans who lost their seats... The ones who bought tickets,came to support the Russian team just to find out that their seats were sold to Israeli fans and, thus, taking away. All this is not my imagination, but a part of the Russian captain complain to ITF and it was all talked about during his interview.

Nickitos2006
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I'm Sorry but if she is REALLY russian she would NOT have an American Accent!!!!

:lol: In your dreams, baby...
She does NOT have american accent AT ALL! Get over it! :wavey:

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:28 AM
They were probably Russians poor Russian fans who lost their seats... The ones who bought tickets,came to support the Russian team just to find out that their seats were sold to Israeli fans and, thus, taking away. All this is not my imagination, but a part of the Russian captain complain to ITF and it was all talked about during his interview.

What a lame attempt at trolling. :rolleyes:

Groenefelder25
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:32 AM
:lol: In your dreams, baby...
She does NOT have american accent AT ALL! Get over it! :wavey:

of course has an american accent:confused: well its like half and half

but still i dont think that doesnt make her 100% russian

Or Levy
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
There *were* problems with the tickets. Not just to the Russian fans but to Israeli fans as well.

If I'm guessing right, it is because a part of the stadium was built in recent weeks prior to the matches to add more seats, some fans who got tickets before the new 300 seats or so were added were moved to the new seats, that caused problems.

Bad organization, but there was no malice involved, some organized Israeli groups had the same problem.

lilimi
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
OMG...from what I've read on this forum, the crowd was stupid throuhout all the week-end! I love anna "evil"! she has all the israeli against her, and she manages to motivating herself! Love it!
sharapova couldn't (didn't want )to play fed cup before, but this tie was the perfect start for her! now she has the Fed cup spirit! i love how she supports anna and disdain the crowd! Finally she's true there...I was more surprised to see pics of her after her first match wher she blew kisses to the crowd that had just insulted her...that looked so fake.
But in this video, i see no forced fist pumping...i really don't uinderstand how you can do "forced fist pumpings", especially when you have thousands of people booing at you!
daviator :haha:

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:37 AM
There *were* problems with the tickets. Not just to the Russian fans but to Israeli fans as well.

If I'm guessing right, it is because a part of the stadium was built in recent weeks prior to the matches to add more seats, some fans who got tickets before the new 300 seats or so were added were moved to the new seats, that caused problems.

Bad organization, but there was no malice involved, some organized Israeli groups had the same problem.

Thanks for telling the truth instead of being a troll by saying that only Russians were denied tickets and that Anna C has no Russian admirers.

lilimi
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:40 AM
wow i just realised

sharapova's being a mini yuri :lol:

she's always been. that's why i say she is fake when she tries to look as a perfect nice girl :lol:.
btw, was youri there? Because from the pictures i saw, it seems Maria really enjoyed herself without her crazy stupid dad. she showed more her true personality, not her diva, and i like that!

Groenefelder25
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:02 AM
she's always been. that's why i say she is fake when she tries to look as a perfect nice girl :lol:.
btw, was youri there? Because from the pictures i saw, it seems Maria really enjoyed herself without her crazy stupid dad. she showed more her true personality, not her diva, and i like that!

lol! i didnt mean it like that, i meant she was getting really involved and shouting at anna (in a good way lol)

Nickitos2006
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:05 AM
of course has an american accent:confused: well its like half and half

but still i dont think that doesnt make her 100% russian

Are you Russian? So, how can you judge about it properly? I told you officially: she doesn’t have any accent. Maybe her "thought formulation" isn’t that great in Russian, :D but her pronunciation is perfect.

lilimi
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:05 AM
groenefelder, i know, i agree with you ;)

Demska
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Oh my god. :speakles:

I never thought Anna could do this.

Hot hot hot. :inlove:

Natalicious
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:15 AM
awesome :lol:

Edward.
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:26 AM

sorry cheo, i usualy like your posts, but this post is completely :weirdo:

The Jabberwock
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:31 AM
sharapova couldn't (didn't want )to play fed cup before, but this tie was the perfect start for her! now she has the Fed cup spirit! i love how she supports anna and disdain the crowd! Finally she's true there...I was more surprised to see pics of her after her first match wher she blew kisses to the crowd that had just insulted her...that looked so fake.
But in this video, i see no forced fist pumping...i really don't uinderstand how you can do "forced fist pumpings", especially when you have thousands of people booing at you!
daviator :haha:

Actually, at the end of the match Sharapova got a standing ovation from the crowd (that cheered against her during the match). That's why she blew kisses to all. I don't think it was a fake. It looked like she was enjoying the moment.

TatiNovic
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I think Chaky did the right thing to response
Because those terrible Isareli fan are crazy
Maybe because of these terrible actions, Chaky didn't do well in the first set
Brave Chaky!!!

BMP
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Ha! that's so true. I don't really care and I'm not going to stir up controversy but it's odd to see folks insisting so eagerly on her being so "Russian" and having nothing to do with the US, whereas she even makes mistakes speaking "native" language, almost never visits Russia, hardly does charity there earning millions etc. Either they are blind, or have no idea about Russia (I can add I live there, so I do know what I am talking about). It's clear that Sharapova plays for Russia just to seem "special". It's her business, of course. But that's sort of pathetic.

frenchie
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Amazing stuff!!!

I'm still laughing so hard
That was great and Maria definitely regains some credit to me here!

soul
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
:sad::sad:I didnt like the way she behaved in that way; however the crowd deserved or not?by doing this she behaved with the same manner as the crowd did; Anna dissapointed me.I didnt like it.I saw a very different person whom I'm used to watching.:sad:

vesanto
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:35 AM
The video is quite funny although I believe that being there you would feel a bit different, too much hostility in that court.

Anna seemed absolutely insane and Sharapova was loving it. :lol:

fresh2flash
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:53 AM

They were humiliated in front of the whole tennis world. Whether they themselves understand that is really irrelevant.

thomas.chung
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Bringing that little "Martina Hingis" attitude out eh!? HAHA

Loving Anna Chak, and she did exactly what Serena did to Indian Wells crowds and Justine to USO 2003 crowds, she shut the crowd up.

lilimi
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Amazing stuff!!!

I'm still laughing so hard
That was great and Maria definitely regains some credit to me here!

exactly ;)

meyerpl
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I watched the match re-broadcast on TTC last night. It really isn't fair to judge Anna's behavior based on a 3 or 4 minute clip. She did her best to calmly endure a set and a half of nearly constant abuse before she apparently decided she wasn't going to just keep taking it anymore. I think most people, if they watched the entire thing, may have a different viewpoint.

I think the Russian coach would have been justified in calling Anna off the court and telling tournament officials his players wouldn't play until the crowd was brought under control. The were abusing the umpire as well. I don't know if a large portion of the crowd was drunk or just a bunch of hyenas, but their behavior was inexcusable.

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:26 PM
loving her and masha :drool: LOL reaction was priceless lol

Dan23
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I watched the match re-broadcast on TTC last night. It really isn't fair to judge Anna's behavior based on a 3 or 4 minute clip. She did her best to calmly endure a set and a half of nearly constant abuse before she apparently decided she wasn't going to just keep taking it anymore. I think most people, if they watched the entire thing, may have a different viewpoint.

I think the Russian coach would have been justified in calling Anna off the court and telling tournament officials his players wouldn't play until the crowd was brought under control. The were abusing the umpire as well. I don't know if a large portion of the crowd was drunk or just a bunch of hyenas, but their behavior was inexcusable.Agreed....who knows what sort of stuff was being called out to her. Its a pretty impressive effort to still play good tennis through all the unusual and over the top shenanigans from the crowd. Dont have a problem at all with her behaviour....it did seem to be directed at a certain section of the stand too.

Filippo-Nastya
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:29 PM
OMG Anna :haha: :rolls: :yeah: :worship:

Or Levy
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Nothing deregotory was called out to her (and nothing was called out to Masha, either, or Safina), they were booing and calling out during the point, calling 'double' after a first serve, but they weren't swearing at her, for pete's sake.

Lets not go invent stuff, shall we?

And they were booing some of the umpire calls (right, that's NEVER been seen before during a Davis/Fed cup), I've seen players doing worse, for sure.

Martian KC
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:07 PM
OMG! I love it.

Natasc
They don't get it that piss a russian off is a bad thing??
:lol: Now they know :lol:

I'm definately adding Anna to my faves after that!!

slamchamp
Nothing deregotory was called out to her (and nothing was called out to Masha, either, or Safina), they were booing and calling out during the point, calling 'double' after a first serve, but they weren't swearing at her, for pete's sake.

And they were booing some of the umpire calls (right, that's NEVER been seen before during a Davis/Fed cup), I've seen players doing worse, for sure.
poor players.. the people watching:tape:

Natasc
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM

I have seen people calling Maria's grunt of cheating, noise... but never, I repeat NEVER: MOCKING ON HER GRUNTS
that's disrespectful.... and get's worse when a player puts fire on the crowd.

Cheering is one thing, mocking is other totally different....

bellascarlett
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:17 PM

You're giving out grammar lessons? :lol: While we're on it.. one ! usually gets the job done :lol:

:haha: :haha: :haha: Seems someone got the crazy virus from Chaky!

But that's actually something that Maria will have to live with. By most of fans she will always be respected, admired, but I don't think she will be loved. In fact, even on most of Tour matches she will have a majority of stands against her. Pretty much always. That's why she took it really easy. She is used to it.. She is trained to deal with it. She replaced Chaky's feistinesss with almost cool arrogance.. That end-of-match gesture was priceless when she smiled to the crowd and put her findex finger to her leaps, you could always read it there:"I got you spanked, now , quiet, kids".. :)

Cool arrogance...I love that. :hearts: That was exactly how Maria dealt with the crowd. But then, you may as well say she wasn't even affected as that's how she is in all her matches. Maria's just incredibly tough. She didn't have to say anything. Didn't have to do anything...playing well and handing out a beatdown was her perfect response. What was more impressive was that Maria seemed to really enjoy the atmosphere.

All that said, I still absolutely loved Cuckoo Chaky's response. Love it! The girl's got guts. :rocker:

It's funny to think of how different the 3 Russians handled the hostile atmosphere: The first one suffered a meltdown and lost, the second played with ice cool indifference and gave out thrashings, the third went completely nuts and found a way to win. :lol:

I just love the Russians. :hearts:

kiwifan
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:31 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: Seems someone got the crazy virus from Chaky!

Cool arrogance...I love that. :hearts: That was exactly how Maria dealt with the crowd. But then, you may as well say she wasn't even affected as that's how she is in all her matches. Maria's just incredibly tough. She didn't have to say anything. Didn't have to do anything...playing well and handing out a beatdown was her perfect response. What was more impressive was that Maria seemed to really enjoy the atmosphere.

All that said, I still absolutely loved Cuckoo Chaky's response. Love it! The girl's got guts. :rocker:

It's funny to think of how different the 3 Russians handled the hostile atmosphere: The first one suffered a meltdown and lost, the second played with ice cool indifference and gave out thrashings, the third went completely nuts and found a way to win. :lol:

I just love the Russians. :hearts:

Then perhaps you should give a respect filled nod to the Williams Sisters. :devil:

Venus is the Queen of Cool Arrogance in the face of hostility.

Serena is the opposite and gets a little nuts.

Or is this only more hypocrisy in WTAworld? :smoke:

ys
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Nothing deregotory was called out to her

Lets not lie, shall we? Screams "Go back to Russia" is what you could hear even on TV.. Just very uneducated, intellectually challenged, savagery crowd.. I wonder if it was a typical snapshot of what a visitor would have encountered in the country.. :confused:

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Then perhaps you should give a respect filled nod to the Williams Sisters. :devil:

Yes. If the Sisters were acting like this, all hell will break loose. :help:

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Lets not lie, shall we? Screams "Go back to Russia" is what you could hear even on TV.. Just very uneducated, intellectually challenged, savagery crowd.. I wonder if it was a typical snapshot of what a visitor would have encountered in the country.. :confused:

Maybe you should go there and find out instead of making stupid insinuations?

In 2007, tourism to Israel jumped by many percentages. The tourism industry is booming there.

kiwifan
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Yes. If the Sisters were acting like this, all hell will break loose. :help:

I believe I posted earlier that I love the way the Russians, more specifically "Chak" reacted.

She wasn't on my radar before, as a player (I've always liked Maria). Now I have to keep an eye on her, I like fighters. :cool:

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I believe I posted earlier that I love the way the Russians, more specifically "Chak" reacted.

She wasn't on my radar before, as a player (I've always liked Maria). Now I have to keep an eye on her, I like fighters. :cool:
I don't have a problem with her either. I just don't like double standards and lies.

starr
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM

I think it is true that a rather small percentage of the crowd can make it seem to the TV audience that the whole crowd is acting crazy, booing, or whatever. And you could sometimes hear some of the crowd trying to shush the noisy ones.

The Russian players in their interviews, however, did say that they thought the crowd was out of hand.

bellascarlett
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:45 PM

:confused: One big HUH?! When did the WS get into the picture?

Demska
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I just love the backhand winner she hits at 15/30

It's just like she's saying " FUCK YOU, C'MON BITCHES "

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:54 PM

In 2007, tourism to Israel jumped by many percentages. The tourism industry is booming there.

why dont you go there then :devil:

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
why dont you go there then :devil:

Why don't you go back to Russia? :confused:

random fan
Feb 4th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Why don't you go back to Russia? :confused:

I think he is quite happy in Cloud Cuckoo Land

ys
Feb 4th, 2008, 02:30 PM

I would have been there for sure, as there was also a good Russian soccer tournament happening in Israel the same week, so it would have been a good visit. Passport problems.. :(

ys
Feb 4th, 2008, 02:33 PM
:confused: One big HUH?! When did the WS get into the picture?

They got here quite rightfully, I must admit.. What we saw from Maria and Anna this weekend was definitely a further development of the best traditions of WS in terms of handling a very hostile crowd. They were the Mothers-Founders of this fine tradition, can't deny that..:lol:

goldenlox
Feb 4th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I thought Anna lost her composure in the 2nd set.
It was good that Sharapova was there, I don't know if any of the other girls could beat Peer in those circumstances.
Maria is mentally rock solid.

Neptune
Feb 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
The most craziest thing I've never saw of this player :haha:

But indeed, the crowd was very rude and I can totally understand that she starts to be angry.The umpire must do something in this kind of situation.I would not pay to see that.No respect for the players, they even don't help their own player by doing this.

ys
Feb 4th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I thought Anna lost her composure in the 2nd set.

I thought the opposite.. I think it was a different sequence. First , she realized that she is playing well and now definitely winning soon. Then just she let it all go.. One huge powerful F.U...

kiwifan
Feb 4th, 2008, 03:03 PM
They got here quite rightfully, I must admit.. What we saw from Maria and Anna this weekend was definitely a further development of the best traditions of WS in terms of handling a very hostile crowd. They were the Mothers-Founders of this fine tradition, can't deny that..:lol:

Someone is trolling for green dots again...

...and it worked. ;)

40Love
Feb 4th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Sure, the crowd was out of hand.

Professional tennis players should not respond to the crowd. Serena did not repsond to the crowd at Indian Wells, Justine did not respond to the crowd at the US Open. It's called professionalism.

With her response, I don't know who was worse the crowd or the tennis player. It was just plain ugly.

doujyr
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:11 PM
awesome stuff! achak just went up mucho places in respect.

Uranium
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:23 PM

1. :lol:she's not gonna win the gold medal
2. Tatiana Golovin was born in Russia now represents France

Sally Todd
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:24 PM
:worship::lol:Anna!:lol::worship:

Russianboy
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:26 PM

she is the best on hard court right now... so her chances are much bigger than the chances of almost every player

u are annoying. get a life banana boy

faboozadoo15
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM

Who's going to stop Sharapova on a hardcourt?
What's Venus's red/white count? :tape:

Shoulderpova
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:34 PM

weren't you the one who always claimed before every tournament that Venus was going to win the whole thing? :rolleyes:

Mitzi
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I was actually at the match (and all the other matches). The croud was indeed loud, and were booing a lot, mostly between points (but also during points) and because of the judge's calls.
That being said, Chacky is a grown-up, top 10 player, and acting so stupid and childish was really disappointing. Regardless of how the crowd acted, I expected here to be professional.

Mitzi
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Please don't invent stuff :rolleyes:
I won't even dignify the rest of your comment with a responce.

has been
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Its a pity she didnt show one ounce of that raw emotion during her awful displays towards the end of last season, when it appeared to many she threw match after match

Nadjagina
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:44 PM
OMG! I love it Ana :worship::worship::worship:

goldenlox
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
First of all, Anna wasn't playing a top 10, or top 40 player.
Secondly, she lost her composure. It's tough to deal with loud ovations after you hit a fault.

If Anna was playing a better player, she would have probably lost quickly.