PDA

View Full Version : Tarpischev sent a complaint to ITF against umpires and officials of ISR-RUS tie,

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:15 PM
RIA Novosti (Russian news agency) reports.

Tarpischev cited umpires and supervisor did nothing to keep the order during the matches and never penalised Israeli team for outrageous behavior of the crowd. Tarpishev said there were at least 7 cases when umpires (Pascal Maria and Marianna Alves) were obliged to announce point penalty for Israel but they never did it.

Wiggly
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:20 PM
Good.

bellascarlett
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
I'm pretty sure Tarpi sent the complaint after the first day as he should have done. On Sunday, the Israelis were given point penalties and the officials were more alert.

iPatty
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Good for him, he certainly has reason to do so.

Dexter
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:29 PM
Absolutely right decision, especially since they won.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
I think they were warned and that's why they took penalty today , I don't think this will happen on the future again they know now they were very wrong

Elwin.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
That's good :)

Svetlana.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:36 PM
Tarpi announced it yesterday after both matches were complited.

Emina.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:44 PM
Wise.

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:47 PM
I'm pretty sure Tarpi sent the complaint after the first day as he should have done. On Sunday, the Israelis were given point penalties and the officials were more alert.

Not true. There were not any point penalties today. All supervisor did today was making Obziler and Chakvetadze to replay ONE point when the crowd was especially loud.
I did not watch doubles though...

goldenlox
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
There was a point penalty before that. When the 1st set was wide open

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
Tarpi announced it yesterday after both matches were complited.

Yes, that's correct.

Demska
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
Good.

Feb 3rd, 2008, 07:11 PM
Good the Russians were treated very badly and the Isreali team should feel horrible for inciting such crowd behavior

caribo20
Feb 3rd, 2008, 07:30 PM
Abolutely right
Israel should lose choice of ground option in the future if the Fed Cup team does not apologize and restrict them from the misbehaviour of Israel's crowd

drake3781
Feb 3rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
Looking beyond this event, I think overall we can expect unruly crowd behavior much more often in the future, and the officiating organizations are going to have to gear up to handle it. The world is changing and tennis fan behavior will change along with it.

Or Levy
Feb 3rd, 2008, 08:03 PM
The restriction of crowd behavior is up to the umpires, I've heard there were Davis/Fed cup matches where stuff were thrown on the players, all the Israeli crowd did was noise.

itzhak
Feb 3rd, 2008, 08:39 PM
Tarpischev cancelled his complaint about the match. He did sent complaint because problem with the tickets and some security issues in the first days.

However, the main judge of the competition sent tough report about the crowd behaviour. The israeli officials are trying to improve the situation for the forthcoming event in davis cup this weekend against Sweden.

Corswandt
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Good the Russians were treated very badly and the Isreali team should feel horrible for inciting such crowd behavior

Exactly. That was the worst part of it - the way Peer (though not Obziler) not only condoned but incited the crowd to become even rowdier.

goldenlox
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Peer was trying to win the tie. She wanted the close calls to go her way, and she wanted the crowd to be involved.

tobi
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
Rightly so.

Not only on this tie but at these situations umpires have to give home crowd penalty points and supervisor should be in control of things.

Not surprised to see these passive reactions from umpire Maria and Alves though.

Wiggly
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
Peer was trying to win the tie. She wanted the close calls to go her way, and she wanted the crowd to be involved.

She could't do it in a fair way and she knew it.

starr
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
The restriction of crowd behavior is up to the umpires, I've heard there were Davis/Fed cup matches where stuff were thrown on the players, all the Israeli crowd did was noise.

There have been instances in Davis Cup where the crowd (South American) had thrown coins onto the court. In Chile,one time, the crowd threw plastic chairs. Chile was suspended from having home ties for a period of time after that. Also sometimes some people in the crowds have used mirrors.

However, the actual yelling and screaming during the points here was very bad.

ce
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
:yeah:

Svetlana.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
There have been instances in Davis Cup where the crowd (South American) had thrown coins onto the court. In Chile,one time, the crowd threw plastic chairs. Chile was suspended from having home ties for a period of time after that. Also sometimes some people in the crowds have used mirrors.

However, the actual yelling and screaming during the points here was very bad.

In his interview Tarpishev said that he's never seen anything like that before, even in South America. He's all rounded guy, but in his interview he sounded very upset. So, it means that it was really bad.

Pasta-Na
Feb 4th, 2008, 03:07 AM
was sam l in the crowd? :shrug:

Jakeev
Feb 4th, 2008, 03:17 AM

Believe me this was nothing compared to other events of the past. But the Russians handled it brilliantly.

When you really think about it, despite all the excitement, Russia was never gonna lose this.