PDA

View Full Version : Will Elena Dementieva win Open Gaz de France?

LudwigDvorak
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:27 PM
Hi. Just got back from a little break from the computer and I'm already tired of Fed Cup talk. :wavey:

Against every player in this draw...

v. Dechy: 9-2
v. Hantuchova: 9-3
v. Srebotnik: 6-1
v. Bartoli: 4-2
v. Loit: 3-1
v. Medina Garrigues: 2-1
v. Garbin: 2-1
v. Daniilidou: 2-1
v. Chakvetadze: 2-1
v. A. Bondarenko: 2-0
v. Azarenka: 1-0
v. Pin: 1-0
v. Razzano: 1-0

v. Tu: 1-1

v. Peng: 0-1
v. Petrova: 3-4
v. Mauresmo: 6-8

Overall: 54-27

She's never played Knapp, Szavay, Govortsova, Cibulkova, Cornet, or K. Bondarenko.

Dementieva's personal history in this event isn't great. She made the semifinals in 2003 and the quarterfinals in '02, '04, and '06. Dechy (#20) and Hantuchova (#5) are her best wins at the event. When she made the semifinal, she was double bageled by Mauresmo. :tape: Apparently she was injured? I don't know that whole story.

Will Elena Dementieva win the Open Gaz de France? Or will she find a way to lose it? :lol: You can use this thread to predict who you think will win the title in general, as well.

Elwin.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
I think she has a pretty good shot off winning Paris :banana: She is one of the contenders for the title!

Come on Lena :hearts:

Viktymise
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
Hopefully. :unsure: She should really get to the final at least.

R2: Medina Garrigues - She would need to play pretty bad to lose to AMG indoors.

QF: Petrova - Petrova is in crap form so far in 08 but Lena never really plays well against her.

SF: Hantuchova/Szavay - Lena owns her but 2 of Hantuchova's wins over Lena came indoors, albeit during Lena's worst period and Hantuchova's best. Hantuchova is playing well too. It would be a good match if it happened. Svay hasn't played well so far in 08, so i doubt she'll get there, but its a possiblity.

F: Chakvetadze/Mauresmo/Azarenka/Bartoli - Lena would love revenge over Chaky for Moscow 06 if they both made the finals. Mauresmo's only a danger because of her past. I really cant see her making the final though. She would be a tough opponent for Lena in the final on a low bouncing indoor court if she was in form. Vika's played well this year so far and could cause some upsets in the top half but sucks in finals. Bartoli is a maybe, and it would be an interesting final if it happened and she's good indoors but she's only won 1 match so far this year.

LOL, not getting too ahead of myself though. :p

Natalicious
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:42 PM
no.

miffedmax
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
It's Lena, so there's no predicting.

PMRD44
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:47 PM
Were any of the top four seeds to win, I would not be surprised. I have a tough time separating any of them and identifying any one as a favorite:

Hantuchova's game has been the best (by a little) of the four over the past six months, but she's not entirely healthy and her draw is tough (Srebotnik, Szavay and Dementieva are the projected opps). Bartoli has the best draw of the four but she's probably the weakest player (again, by a little) of the four. Chakvetadze's draw was not all the generous and there still remain questions about whether she is still in top 8 form here in the new year. I suppose Dementieva has as good of a chance as any of them, but I do not see how one could argue that she is clearly ahead of the rest of the pack, either. Should the seeds hold, we should see some really and fun semifinal and final matches.

Svetlana.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
I'd love to see her winning all the tornaments this year :aparty:
but her AO performance was not very convincing. Elena needs to be focused and use all her experience to do well this year.

Topspin2
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:58 PM
She have a good draw :D go Lena!

jonny84
Feb 3rd, 2008, 07:02 PM
I think Daniela will win the tournament. Elena will get to the semis, but I dont think she will get to the final.
I think Azarenka will be a surprise finalist from the top half of the draw.

saint2
Feb 3rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
I am almost never correct in polls about Elena, and I want her to win this time , so I voted for NO :) And I hope this time Im also incorrect :cool:

parn2257
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:30 AM
I just hope she will

Josh.
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:33 AM
hantuchova v dementieva semi final would be :drool:

Alicia Rocks
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Szavay to find her form and take the title :rocker2: :angel:

faboozadoo15
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:44 AM
If she gets past Hantuchova/Szavay, she's in good shape. I really hope she or Szavay win this title.

Slutati
Feb 4th, 2008, 07:45 AM
i hope so, but i just can't see it happen

Chunchun
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Note:

2003 SF - (3) Mauresmo def. Dementieva 6-0 6-0 :weirdo:

DimaDinosaur
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I seriously can't predict with this woman. I mean, I feel that she will win, but I also have equal belief that she would make the finals and lose, or semis, or quarters, or 2nd rd, or 1st rd

samsam4087
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:20 AM
yes, she will.

merda2004
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:42 AM
well if its not eleni daniilidou who wins it then i want elena dementieva to win it

Youf
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:42 PM
With Lena you never know. She can beat anyone when she is in form. So let's hope she does it. Good luck Lena!!!

iPatty
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Yes, I have no doubt in my mind that my girl will win in Paris. :hearts:

LudwigDvorak
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Petra will win this title iTool. :shout:

Nicolás89
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Chakvetadze :angel:

Willam
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Elena to win baby, Elena to win :rocker2:

mankind
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Chakvetadze :angel:

I hope to God. Either her or Szavay or Dementieva.

LudwigDvorak
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:39 AM
2R - def. Kvitova 76(7) 62
QF - def. Bondarenko 75 62
SF - v. Szavay
F - v. Chakvetadze/Bartoli

Operation Kvitova & Bondarenko are finished. Can she conquer new world #1 and slam dominator for the next 50 years Agnes Szavay? :eek:

No Name Face
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:09 AM
this is a dream draw...

Albop
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I Don't think so, she will be defeated in semis or in the final ;)

this is a dream draw...

it's true,she got a very lucky draw

skanky~skanketta
Feb 7th, 2008, 05:41 AM
hopefully she wins it!

LudwigDvorak
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:13 PM
2R - def. Kvitova 76(7) 62
QF - def. K. Bondarenko 75 62
SF - v. Szavay

Two down, two to go. Will she win? :eek:

miffedmax
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Well, she hasn't used her good match for the week yet, has she?

HenryMag.
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Well, she hasn't used her good match for the week yet, has she?

she will use it tomorrow....in the final won't be needed her A game.:devil:

Keaka
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Yep :)

In The Zone
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:49 AM
I really do think Elena wins the title.

VIVA LA ELENA.

danieln1
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Now she´s 56-27 against players in this tournament!!

samsam4087
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:57 AM
yes, she will win this title.

Kipling
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:00 PM
No, I don't think she will.

Demska
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I was wondering when this thread would be bumped. :lol:

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:10 PM
No, I don't think she will.

And posting this after the match has ended makes you feel soo great, don't you?

I'm starting to realize why Masha has soo many haters on this board...

Poova
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:10 PM
LOL. Well I was wrong. :sobbing:

Allez Marion! :banana:

cosmoose
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Hi. Just got back from a little break from the computer and I'm already tired of Fed Cup talk. :wavey:

Against every player in this draw...

v. Dechy: 9-2
v. Hantuchova: 9-3
v. Srebotnik: 6-1
v. Bartoli: 4-2
v. Loit: 3-1
v. Medina Garrigues: 2-1
v. Garbin: 2-1
v. Daniilidou: 2-1
v. Chakvetadze: 2-1
v. A. Bondarenko: 2-0
v. Azarenka: 1-0
v. Pin: 1-0
v. Razzano: 1-0

v. Tu: 1-1

v. Peng: 0-1
v. Petrova: 3-4
v. Mauresmo: 6-8

Overall: 54-27

She's never played Knapp, Szavay, Govortsova, Cibulkova, Cornet, or K. Bondarenko.

Make that 0-1 against Szavay ;)

pancake
Feb 9th, 2008, 05:15 PM
she will use it tomorrow....in the final won't be needed her A game.:devil:

Yes because she is not showing up:D

Il Primo!
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Hum No. What on earth did you make believe in a eventual victory? ROTFL.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Best draw ever in a TIER II tournament wasted

saint2
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hum No. What on earth did you make believe in a eventual victory? ROTFL.

Seriously, who would You pick to win beffore that tournament? Among all players she seemed to be the most serious contender, and main fav.

Peterk07
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Seriously, who would You pick to win beffore that tournament? Among all players she seemed to be the most serious contender, and main fav.

Chaky?
Momo? (this is her home field)
Dani?

saint2
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Chaky?
Momo? (this is her home field)
Dani?

Chaky slumped last time.
Momo wasnt able to won over top10 player since february 2007.
Dani is Elena's bitch.

Matt01
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Demente(d)tieva overrated as always :p

No Name Face
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:31 PM
The thread should be...will Elena win anything ever again?

saint2
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:38 PM

Will win. No worry about it. In last summer half of WTAW wanted her to retire, and few months later she won T1 title. Elena is strong now. Her last year's slump is gone.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Demente(d)tieva overrated as always :p

Talking about overrated players with Andy Suckdick in the avatar :rolleyes:

LudwigDvorak
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:44 PM

I would bad rep a poster for saying something like this usually, but you're actually cool so I won't bother.

I made this thread not because I thought she'd win it, but because I knew she'd lose it. It's just how she is. I didn't expect her to win the last four or so titles she's gotten.

Matt01
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:45 PM

Hey, I don't have him in my avatar because of his tennis :lol: :p

Il Primo!
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:27 PM

:haha: Svavay had more chances, do did Anna and even Trannylie. Dementieva is on tour since she can walk and have less than ten titles so it means she loses way way way way way way way more often than she wins.
Keep in mind that when she enters a tournament she's supposed to lose and if she wins it's actually a huge surprise. And I say this without being in superhater mode. I'm just being honest.;)

Il Primo!
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Hey, I don't have him in my avatar because of his tennis :lol: :p

Yes but you still have Roddick as avatar. That's a blasphemy.

sammy01
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:32 PM

i'd suck andy dick lol, like he said roddick can be liked for other things bar his tennis :devil::devil::devil:

Matt01
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Yes but you still have Roddick as avatar. That's a blasphemy.

How is that blasphemy? :p

i'd suck andy dick lol, like he said roddick can be liked for other things bar his tennis :devil::devil::devil:

Yep :angel:

Daniela Fan
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Unfortunately Elena Dementieva lost with Agnes Szavay. She played really well but Szavay was better. She was able to win her serve game and put Elena Dementieva serving to go to tiebreak and we know the problemas that Dementieva has when she serves. Now Agnes destroyed my two favorite players to win the tournament. Daniela hantuchova and Elena Dementieva. Even so, I hope Agnes Szavay wins!

LudwigDvorak
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Dementieva is on tour since she can walk and have less than ten titles so it means she loses way way way way way way way more often than she wins.

In eight professional years on tour, she has won eight titles. She didn't win her first title until her fourth full year on tour.

She hasn't won as much as she could or should have, no, but ending her career with 10-15 titles is very probable. :shrug: But you hate her anyway so why am I bothering. :o

Her amount of titles are what they are. Kuznetsova "only" has nine, and she's a slam champion.

Il Primo!
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:47 PM
In eight professional years on tour, she has won eight titles. She didn't win her first title until her fourth full year on tour.

She hasn't won as much as she could or should have, no, but ending her career with 10-15 titles is very probable. :shrug: But you hate her anyway so why am I bothering. :o

Her amount of titles are what they are. Kuznetsova "only" has nine, and she's a slam champion.

I'm a clever hater. I can hold discussion thanks:o I meant that none title is granted to her. She's not solid enough, she's not consistent enough to be picked as the favorite of any tourney (like Saint2 did):p

And don't get me started with Sucksnetsova:rolleyes:

How is that blasphemy? :p

Because he sucks BIG TIME. But anyway, it was just an excuse to badrep you like you deserve to be. But I can't do so:mad:

Matt01
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Because he sucks BIG TIME. But anyway, it was just an excuse to badrep you like you deserve to be. But I can't do so:mad:

Who is that in your ugly avatar? :)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Keep in mind that when she enters a tournament she's supposed to lose and if she wins it's actually a huge surprise. And I say this without being in superhater mode. I'm just being honest.;)

It's like that with most of players in the world of tennis apart of Federer , Nadal and Henin

You didn`t discover America with this affirmation , you know

Kipling
Feb 9th, 2008, 11:59 PM
And posting this after the match has ended makes you feel soo great, don't you?

I'm starting to realize why Masha has soo many haters on this board...

I take it you can't discern 'humor'?

Lighten up.

Il Primo!
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:01 AM
It's like that with most of players in the world of tennis apart of Federer , Nadal and Henin

You didn`t discovered America with this affirmation , you know

No. I'm trying to be more accurate. You can't afford to have expectations with Demented. You just see how it goes, praying for a victory and that's the way it should be in ANY tournament even the mickey mouse if Brooklyn.
With REAL players you can have these expectations. When a TierII field top10-less, you can expect Chaky, Maria, Serena, Justine, Ana to win. With Lena you can't. There's just tooo many players who can blow her off the court. If you don't understand that, I can't do anything for you and you're bound to suffer until her retirement.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:09 AM
No. I'm trying to be more accurate. You can't afford to have expectations with Demented. You just see how it goes, praying for a victory and that's the way it should be in ANY tournament even the mickey mouse if Brooklyn.
With REAL players you can have these expectations. When a TierII field top10-less, you can expect Chaky, Maria, Serena, Justine, Ana to win. With Lena you can't. There's just tooo many players who can blow her off the court. If you don't understand that, I can't do anything for you and you're bound to suffer until her retirement.

That is part of your double standard . Elena is not fave in any tournament but your beloved Nalbandian is fave even against players with more achievements like Ferrero :lol:

As far as I know , Elena has won more tournaments, has more finals

Daniela Fan
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Elena is a great tennis player and I believe she will win at least one tournament this year. I think that 8 titles is actually very good. She has a good prizes money (around (8,500,000 millions) an she was the 4 seeded player in Paris. I think she had a big chance to win but she ruined evrything in the last game.

Il Primo!
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:24 AM
That is part of your double standard . Elena is not fave in any tournament but your beloved Nalbandian is fave even against players with more achievements like Ferrero :lol:

As far as I know , Elena has won more tournaments, has more finals

What does this dude have to do with this thread?:help:
Even terrorists can't highjack planes like you're highjacking the conversation.:rolleyes:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:33 AM
What does this dude have to do with this thread?:help:
Even terrorists can't highjack planes like you're highjacking the conversation.:rolleyes:

Easy , I don´t remember very well but I'm sure you have voted for your number 1 ATP player Nalbi as fave to win a tournament in those MTF polls . Then, if Nalbi can be a fave with 7 titles vs 8 of Elena , 1 GS Final vs 2 of Elena , 0 Davis Cup vs 1 Fed Cup of Elena , 0 Olympic Medals vs 1of Elena ... Why Elena can not be a fave to win a tournament ?

No Name Face
Feb 10th, 2008, 02:59 AM
I would bad rep a poster for saying something like this usually, but you're actually cool so I won't bother.

I made this thread not because I thought she'd win it, but because I knew she'd lose it. It's just how she is. I didn't expect her to win the last four or so titles she's gotten.

Oh come on, it's sarcasm. ;)
But seriously, this was the easiest title for her to win since...um...can't remember how long. And she blows it, in the worst possible way --- a choke.

spiritedenergy
Feb 10th, 2008, 07:20 AM

calm down my gay friend, in every thread you talk about sucking and riding dicks. get some hormonal help:tape::help:

spiritedenergy
Feb 10th, 2008, 07:21 AM

:haha:

LudwigDvorak
Feb 10th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Oh come on, it's sarcasm. ;)
But seriously, this was the easiest title for her to win since...um...can't remember how long. And she blows it, in the worst possible way --- a choke.

I'm usually one to cry "moran!" when someone doesn't get sarcasm, but knowing Lena fans....:o

This was a great chance indeed, but she'll win some unexpected title or two or three this season. Given an easy draw like this...the only time she was ever one of the main favorites to win the title was in Bali or Shanghai '03...she won that one. I guess you could say Istanbul '07 but nahhh.

I would delete this thread but whatever. :lol:

saint2
Feb 10th, 2008, 11:23 AM
:haha: Dementieva is on tour since she can walk and have less than ten titles so it means she loses way way way way way way way more often than she wins.

Well, stats are saying that she is winning her matches by far more often than she loses, but OK, You know better.

Svavay had more chances, do did Anna and even Trannylie.

Honestly, would You bet Your money on Anna/Agnes in match vs Elena?

Keep in mind that when she enters a tournament she's supposed to lose and if she wins it's actually a huge surprise.

So WHO was suposed to win Paris. Amelie? ROTFL. She has more titles than anyone in this field, except Mauresmo.

Ceri
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:07 PM

The sad thing is that I'm a fan of Lena but I *can* see the sense of this viewpoint. When she's on, she's amazing and her fluid powerful groundstrokes are wonderful to behold. But so often, she comes unstuck, and her opponent takes it to the next level while she flounders. So while I always *expect* Lena to do well, her lack of consistency has to be something you take for granted as a fan and consequently make allowances for. Along with pretty much everybody else except the die-hard Lena fans, I've accepted she'll probably never make the semis of a grand slam again, let alone win the entire thing. But that's not to say she doesn't have a good chance of taking home a fair few more titles before she calls time on her career. The deeper she goes into the tournament though, the more likely it is I'll be peering through my fingers/hiding behind a cushion. That's just the way it is. She's adorable though, so we don't hold it against her, do we?

Daniela Fan
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I visited Elenas's Website yesterday she has a score of: 424 wins/ 221 losses. I think that she wins a lot more than she loses...:p:p