PDA

View Full Version : My report from the Russia-Israel tie day 2.

justine schnyder
Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Hey :)
I was in the matches today so here is my report..

Match 1: Sharapova def Peer 6:1 6:1
The match started pretty competitivly, 2 holds and Shaar put a little presurre on Maria's serve, but after then all went in Maria's way to 6:1 5:0.
Maria had great winners (25 winners) and shahr had plenty of ues from the pressure there, I guess
Then, in 5-0 Sharar saved 4 mps to get on the score board but the Maria broke her to win the match 6:1 6:1
After the match Maria did "shhhh" to the crowd and didn't shke Oded Jakob's hand :o

Match 2: Chakvetadze def Obziler 6:4 6:2
Anna had a slow start, the serve was too short and Tzipi took advantage and went to 3:0 lead with 2 breaks, but then Anna woke up, played really well to lead 4:3 with serve.
Then she broke Tzipi when she served to stay in the set in 4:5.
In the second set, Chakky played well to break to 2:1.
Tzipi broke back to 2:3 but then Chakky won all the games to 6:2.
At some stage in the match, Chakky gt pissed and the crowd and decided to annoy back, after every pint she won she had fists for few mintes (UI like her, but I think it was very wrong what she did and she looked like a chicken when she did that)
But it was a good match imo, I enjoyed it. Well done both.
Oh, and Alves was soo bad, so many mistakes, seriously, she's the worst umpire EVER

Match 3: Safina/Vesnina def Peer/Obziler 6:0 1:6 6:4
I stayed for that match as well, and before my report I have to say that this time, since we lost the tie anyway I was kind of rooting for Dinara/Elena (I really felt sorry for Safina after yesterday :( )
So if anyone heard a girl yelling "C'mon Dinara!" it was me :)

So anyway, Dinara/Elena openned it very strong, serving, vollying and ofcourse Per's volley :help: so they won it 6:0.
In the second set, Peer ond Obziler was more agressive and ran to 4:0 lead (omg), also Safina had many many many ues in that set so Peer/Obziler broke her at 5:1 to take the set 6:1.
In the 3rd, Shahar and Tzipi broke to 3:2 but they were broken after that, and at 4 all, they broke again and served for the set.
I think the Russians played well, they were strong at the net but Safina had too much ues. Otherwise, this match would have been shorter

*I think Obziler played really well in her matches today and yesterday, even though she lost, she has veraity and moves great on the court (And she's 34!, her volley is awsome too (But what could she do when Shahar put in the court only 9 volleys?! I counted, I swear!)

After the matches they players went out, nnone of the Rusians signed and someone said Safina cried!! :sad: I don't know why, I mean, she just won her doubles match...
I have autographs of Obziler and Oded Jacob (the capitan) though :)

Edit: When the players went out after the matches, Alves went out too.. I couldn't shoosh my self and I wishpered "I hate you Alves" Although I didn't said that loud I'm sure she heard me because she waliked very close to me, and it wasn't noisy there.. Alves :devil:

Russianboy
Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
i think maria forgot to shake his hand. she didnt do it yesterday as well.. i think she doesnt know that u have to shake the hand of their coaches in fed cup ;)

goldenlox
Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I saw that Sharapova didn't shake Oded Jacob's hand.
The Russian players were shook up by the crowd.
It was driving Anna crazy.

Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:31 PM
I am so glad that Maria was able to win both matches and also quiet down the Isreali crowd after yesterday's debacle!!

Dodoboy.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
wow...
thanks for that!....sounds like the crowd were really :tape:

lolas
Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
How does Maria get along with her team mates?

FFS
Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:56 PM
Edit: When the players went out after the matches, Alves went out too.. I couldn't shoosh my self and I wishpered "I hate you Alves" Although I didn't said that loud I'm sure she heard me because she waliked very close to me, and it wasn't noisy there.. Alves :devil:
How pathetic you are

ys
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
Russian TV commentary of this match was very eloquent on the crowd:.. "Savages", "This biomass on the stands", "Lets forgive them as they've perhaps never seen tennis and do not understand that it is not a soccer or basketball", "One little girl against 5000 beasty men.. OK Maybe not 5000. 4500. There must be at least 500 normal people there too".. :lol:

Very good "into your face" reaction from Chakvetadze, BTW.. She played her two absolutely best games when agitated, pretty much "walking on a water". Good lesson for everyone. Do not annoy Russian women.. Or you'll suffer.

justine schnyder
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
wow...
thanks for that!....sounds like the crowd were really :tape:
You welcome :)
The crowd was better today, but he got pissed od the judging which was very very poor, so many mistakes..

How does Maria get along with her team mates?
In Anna's match she cheered her up a lot and after the match they huged
In the doubles match, she wasn't so active and she was with her cellphone almost all the match (Probably SMS ;) )
I don't know how she reacted after they won.

How pathetic you are

Thanks

Il Primo!
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
i think maria forgot to shake his hand. she didnt do it yesterday as well.. i think she doesnt know that u have to shake the hand of their coaches in fed cup ;)

I was about to say that, she didn't do it on purpose..it just shows she didn't really give a shit about the FedCup until now because everyone knows you must shake the coach's hand :tape::lol: I don't care, I love that chick:hearts:

justine schnyder
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Oh, and I just notice that from the pics: Maria had no "Russia" on her back...

~Carsten~
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:15 PM

I heard, that Nike doesn't allow that!

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:25 PM

She had the two-headed eagle on her back.

justine schnyder
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
I heard, that Nike doesn't allow that!

Omg Nike :o
That's so stupid.. Why?

schorsch
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah, Nike doesnt let any of their players have their countries' name on the back. Not Federer, not Waske.. whoever. The weird thing though is that the Chinese players are an exception!

schorsch
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:38 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Hk4JhBXY95v0iM:http://www.sf.tv/webtool/data/pics/sportpano/te_daviscup_prag_szq.jpg
Federer cant put Suisse on his back

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:W_vCejSvzSVhCM:http://mm.denik.cz/1/ae/tenis_davis_cup_stepanek_berdych_01_denik-galerie.jpg
Berdych cant wear it

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:sFsfTUPqy20mgM:http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/sid/196374_t.jpg
whereas Kohlschreiber of Germany who wears adidas can, but his teammate Waske cant

The commentators of a German Davis Cup (against...dunno anymore) said this once and thats when I noticed, too :p

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah, Nike doesnt let any of their players have their countries' name on the back. Not Federer, not Waske.. whoever. The weird thing though is that the Chinese players are an exception!

Myskina played with "Russia" on her back in 2004-2005 :shrug:

Esther
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
I was in the matches today so here is my report..

Match 1: Sharapova def Peer 6:1 6:1
The match started pretty competitivly, 2 holds and Shaar put a little presurre on Maria's serve, but after then all went in Maria's way to 6:1 5:0.
Maria had great winners (25 winners) and shahr had plenty of ues from the pressure there, I guess
Then, in 5-0 Sharar saved 4 mps to get on the score board but the Maria broke her to win the match 6:1 6:1
After the match Maria did "shhhh" to the crowd and didn't shke Oded Jakob's hand :o

Match 2: Chakvetadze def Obziler 6:4 6:2
Anna had a slow start, the serve was too short and Tzipi took advantage and went to 3:0 lead with 2 breaks, but then Anna woke up, played really well to lead 4:3 with serve.
Then she broke Tzipi when she served to stay in the set in 4:5.
In the second set, Chakky played well to break to 2:1.
Tzipi broke back to 2:3 but then Chakky won all the games to 6:2.
At some stage in the match, Chakky gt pissed and the crowd and decided to annoy back, after every pint she won she had fists for few mintes (UI like her, but I think it was very wrong what she did and she looked like a chicken when she did that)
But it was a good match imo, I enjoyed it. Well done both.
Oh, and Alves was soo bad, so many mistakes, seriously, she's the worst umpire EVER

Match 3: Safina/Vesnina def Peer/Obziler 6:0 1:6 6:4
I stayed for that match as well, and before my report I have to say that this time, since we lost the tie anyway I was kind of rooting for Dinara/Elena (I really felt sorry for Safina after yesterday :( )
So if anyone heard a girl yelling "C'mon Dinara!" it was me :)

So anyway, Dinara/Elena openned it very strong, serving, vollying and ofcourse Per's volley :help: so they won it 6:0.
In the second set, Peer ond Obziler was more agressive and ran to 4:0 lead (omg), also Safina had many many many ues in that set so Peer/Obziler broke her at 5:1 to take the set 6:1.
In the 3rd, Shahar and Tzipi broke to 3:2 but they were broken after that, and at 4 all, they broke again and served for the set.
I think the Russians played well, they were strong at the net but Safina had too much ues. Otherwise, this match would have been shorter

*I think Obziler played really well in her matches today and yesterday, even though she lost, she has veraity and moves great on the court (And she's 34!, her volley is awsome too (But what could she do when Shahar put in the court only 9 volleys?! I counted, I swear!)

After the matches they players went out, nnone of the Rusians signed and someone said Safina cried!! :sad: I don't know why, I mean, she just won her doubles match...
I have autographs of Obziler and Oded Jacob (the capitan) though :)

:kiss::wavey:

justine schnyder
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
Wow.. That Nike think is very stupid.. I wonder why they do that..
Why can't they let their players represent their countries like all the others?..

schorsch
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
well the german commentators (including a player that was in the commentators box when they said it) said this last year. so maybe its a rather new thing.

tobi
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
Well with the country name sticker on your back ;

I think there is a rule where you have to have that stick on your back when you dont wear a shirt without your country's colour.

You can have it anytime though.

I read somewhere Hewitt once fined because of that,he didnt have the sticker and didnt play with a shirt which includes country's colour.

I am not sure though,it was some years ago.

svetaisthebest
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
nice report :D

starr
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:40 PM
Maybe you thought Anna looked like a chicken when she fought back against the crowd, but I thought she looked great. She was all "You bastards think you can scare me. I'm Russian! I'm tougher than you. I'll take all of you on." And she did and she won every game after that. The crowd was just --- :o

lilimi
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:38 AM
does anyone know why dinara cried? :sad: it's not the first time I hear she cries...:hug: poor girl...

ce
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM

Sexysova
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Hantuchova and Cibulkova also played with "SLOVAKIA" on their back in FED CUP 2007 :shrug: and this year Cibulkova had it too but I don't know if she's still with NIKE :rolleyes:

Or Levy
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:29 AM
She cried after winning the doubles - release of tension, I suppose, having lost her opening match.

lilimi
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:18 PM
She cried after winning the doubles - release of tension, I suppose, having lost her opening match.

thanks for your answer...i would have like to see that match instead of China-France :yawn:. though i would have been really furious over a part of the israeli crowd i think...

MistyGrey
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Anna didnt look like a chicken! She looked damn hot, telling the crowd to screw themselves! :lol: Hilarious way to shut up a stupid crowd!

justine schnyder
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Anna didnt look like a chicken! She looked damn hot, telling the crowd to screw themselves! :lol: Hilarious way to shut up a stupid crowd!

It's just didn't look really natural at the beginning.. But that's ovious sice she doesn't do that usually..
I watched it on youtube now and even if that pissed off the crowd, she looked very very confident! She did play well, it was a good match.

And "you welcome" to all of those who said "thank you" :)