PDA

View Full Version : Chakvetadze ability to...

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
Zap energy out of crowds.
I started to notice this ability during FED CUP/US Open Series.
At first I thought it was the American crowd not taken a liking to her but as time has gone on I've noticed it's her.
She has no on-court personality and her gamestyle lulls you into this place you really don't want to be while watching tennis.
There's no showmanship.
It's kinda like the music in Super Mario at stages, when you go happen to be in water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5l_pISzXG0

It's like that.
Is it a plus against this crowd in Israel or even then is it still a negative?
Discuss.

So Disrespectful
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:43 AM
I like Anna a lot, but I can definitely see your point of view and agree. She does get emotional on court, but her game itself is very calm and fluid. It should work to her advantage in Israel because it is her natural working environment.

Viktymise
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
LOL, after seeing what she just did, there's no way she has no personality on court.

scoobsuk
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
She's showing some personality now.

This is hilarious.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:06 AM
LOL, after seeing what she just did, there's no way she has no personality on court.

I'm not bored anymore. :lol:

She is all hype. This is nice, for once.
It's like she's saying what are yall gonna do, tie me up and rob me, been there done that.

cosmoose
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:06 AM
Anna is screaming at the crowd after every point won!

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
Anna is hilarious :haha: :rolls:

cypher_88
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
Anna is screaming at the crowd after every point won!

:worship::worship:

ViennaCalling
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
:rolls:

Sha_ra_po_va
OMG! I've never seen anything like this! Great for Anna if she pulls through, but I hate to imagine if she were to lose...:help:

Wintermute
:haha: Tension and drama.

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:09 AM
Anna, :haha: :yeah: :worship:

Adal
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Lol @ what Anna is doing now.
She and Maria are having a lot of fun on the court right now

Meteor Shower
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
Its her way of dealing with the crowd :)
I love Chaky.

cosmoose
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:13 AM
Little Anna shut them up! :lol:

keirana332
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:24 AM
:lol:

Andrew Laeddis
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
this may be the first time ive rooted for chaky. i loved how she handled the crowd. it definitely takes some mental strength to come from a double break down with a hostile crowd.

Demska
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
What did Anna do?

Nickitos2006
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
Anya! :lol: :worship::yeah: I love this girl! :hearts:

ctan88
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:33 AM
What is going on? What did Anna / Maria do in their matches?

scoobsuk
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
That was the funniest thing I've seen on a tennis court in ages.

Chakvetadze, who looks so demure, like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, just stood there, pumping both fists and ROARING directly AT the crowd, as if to say "COME ON, boo me some more you assholes cos I'm gonna WIN"

It was hysterical.

cosmoose
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:39 AM

Chakvetadze, who looks so demure, like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, just stood there, pumping both fists and ROARING directly AT the crowd, as if to say "COME ON, boo me some more you assholes cos I'm gonna WIN"

It was hysterical.

^ thats no exaggeration! :eek::lol:

anon57
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:46 AM

It was hysterical.

I would have loved to see that. I almost can't imagine quiet Chakvedatze doing something like that.

perseus2006
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:46 AM
Anna, the ferocious little kitten, took on the Israeli crowd single-handed and shut them up!!!

One shot showed Pova enthusiastically and energetically cheering her on!!!

It was great drama: AChak giving multipe two handed exagerated fist pumps while snarling at the crowd!

Topspin2
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:48 AM
I love Anna :lol::hearts::tape::lick::drool:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
no she was suppppppper today she is one of my favourite now , she teached the crowd a lesson

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Zap energy out of crowds.
I started to notice this ability during FED CUP/US Open Series.
At first I thought it was the American crowd not taken a liking to her but as time has gone on I've noticed it's her.
She has no on-court personality and her gamestyle lulls you into this place you really don't want to be while watching tennis.
There's no showmanship.
It's kinda like the music in Super Mario at stages, when you go happen to be in water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5l_pISzXG0

It's like that.
Is it a plus against this crowd in Israel or even then is it still a negative?
Discuss.

:haha: Hilarious :worship: Especially putting that link to the Mario song :lol: I so get what you mean.

P.S. I'd love to see this fiery Anna from today's match.

Pink Princess
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
Princess angelic and charming Anna:hearts::hearts::hearts: though with very much character.

Ceri
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
sounds fun, wish i'd seen it - hopefully someone will youtube it!

Arhivarius
Feb 3rd, 2008, 12:02 PM
It looks like this obnoxious crowd managed to awake lioness in shy and beautiful Anna. :lol:

LeChuck
Feb 3rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
I liked Anna a lot before this tie, but I certainly like her even more now.

goldenlox
Feb 3rd, 2008, 01:39 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/37/fullj.faec00a1bf06403451b2eb0a8d22f9a0/faec00a1bf06403451b2eb0a8d22f9a0-getty-tennis-fedcup-isr-rus-chakvetadze.jpg
Russia's Anna Chakvetadze reacts to a point against Israeli team player Tzipi Obziler during their Fed Cup World Group tennis match, 03 Febuary 2008 at the Canada stadium in Ramat Hasharon, north of Tel Aviv. Chakvetadze defeated Obziler 6-4, 6-2 to ensure her country gets another chance at winning the Fed Cup title.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080203/capt.asc11102031259.israel_russia_tennis_fed_cup_a sc111.jpg
Russia's Anna Chakvetadze celebrates a point against Israel's Tzipi Obziler during their 2008 Fed Cup World Group 1st round tennis match in Ramat Hasharon near Tel Aviv, Israel, Sunday, Feb. 3, 2008. Chakvetadze won 6-4, 6-2.

schorsch
Feb 3rd, 2008, 01:48 PM
It was so hilarious :haha: The only time I remember Anna getting this loud was against Safina at the Kremlin Cup last year. Safina had one of her obnoxious "come on allez vamos yeeshta etc etc" phases where she virtually screams her lungs out after most of the points. So Chakve just did the same for a while. She lost though to Safina there though, didnt play well enough :)

Wayn77
Feb 3rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
I reckon "Little Chak" has her own fun on-court personality, that's just waitin to burst out. :D

First noticed it with her hilarious fist-pump/cursin' routine to the boisterous Sania Mirza supporters in some final last season.

Wait till she gets a bit older and more experienced. :devil: I like her.

anon57
Feb 3rd, 2008, 01:51 PM
She looks fierce in those pictures, maybe she should be bringing more of that attitude to some of her regular tour matches

Destiny
Feb 3rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
she looks scary in those pics
really want to see the vids now

wateva
Feb 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
loves it! :hearts: :lol:

Dave.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM
This is my favourite Anna moment:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BThIGmOr2K4

:lol: