PDA

View Full Version : Indication of tooth/mouth problem in Australia

-VSR-
Feb 2nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/bram_born84/oz06.jpg

Seems to me she is in pain and I think this is before her quarterfinal match. It could be anything but she looks in pain and you never know.

Craigy
Feb 2nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Could be indeed. Well spotted.

Marcell
Feb 2nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
It's sad how some of Serena's so-call fans are quick to dismiss that she was telling the truth. There sure are some fair weather fans out there.

Destiny
Feb 2nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
Not that many are actually
hope she gets better

OohZuzana
Feb 2nd, 2008, 05:31 PM
I'm a fan, but I wish she had pulled out of the Gaz de France earlier.

Dodoboy.
Feb 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
yup...i wished she pulled out earlier!
but yes that does look all-telling

-VSR-
Feb 2nd, 2008, 09:51 PM
I'm a fan, but I wish she had pulled out of the Gaz de France earlier.

She may have. Remember the oragnizers of the tournament are the ones who tell US when she has. She just reports to them, they could have prolonged her pullout for obvious reasons. Something was wrong with her in the QF and I honestly believe it had to do with her her teeth, whatever it is, I know it's one of the worst pains when your tooth/teeth are hurting.

PatrickRyan
Feb 2nd, 2008, 09:59 PM
I hope she feels better. I was more upset about her going out and parting instead of playing in Paris.

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 3rd, 2008, 12:11 AM
good spotting...

Serena'sboo
Feb 3rd, 2008, 01:46 PM
I dont think fans were quick to dismiss her but they just want to see her dominate again and kick everyones ass like she used to and that were just waiting but its not dismissing its just we cant wait till shes back to number one....Were excited and want to see her play!!! I do hope that dental surgery doesn't have too much of an affect on her because she needs her teeth longer that tennis

serenus_2k8
Feb 3rd, 2008, 02:45 PM
Very good find, she clearly looks like she is fiddling with her tooth.

I did have my doubts, but when I found out it was only dental surgery I didnt care whether she was lying or not as long as she makes up for it later on :D

Diesel
Feb 3rd, 2008, 07:23 PM
I would hesitate to bash Serena fans who actually spend a good amount of time posting in her forum rather than posting every little thing about Serena in the GM. So this fair-weather garbage needs to go. Serena fans know Serena, end of story. If we follow events Serena since her loss in Austrailia, where she left immediately after doubles, we've seen her out and about partying, and even with Common. In that time if this dental issue were so serious wouldn't it have been #1 priority on her list? I would think if it were taken care of, let's say a cavity or wisdom teeth that they would have had enough time in a week to heal so that she could make this upcoming tournament.

Denise4925
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:35 AM
I would hesitate to bash Serena fans who actually spend a good amount of time posting in her forum rather than posting every little thing about Serena in the GM. So this fair-weather garbage needs to go. Serena fans know Serena, end of story. If we follow events Serena since her loss in Austrailia, where she left immediately after doubles, we've seen her out and about partying, and even with Common. In that time if this dental issue were so serious wouldn't it have been #1 priority on her list? I would think if it were taken care of, let's say a cavity or wisdom teeth that they would have had enough time in a week to heal so that she could make this upcoming tournament.

This might explain what the problem was.

Well as u may have heard I had to have emergency gum surgery. I was super ill for a looooong time. The only good thing is I ended up losing a bit of weight. I am just now getting better. I am just beginning to train and get back in the flow of things. It really sucks that I have to miss a few tourneys, but I have never felt too bad in my life.
I would wake up (actually I could not even sleep the pain was so bad) and just cry because I was in so much pain. Being an athlete I have learned to build up my pain tolerance. And also in the past I have had a knee surgery so I know how some pain feels, but I have never experienced anything like this. It was crazy!! I have never cried for pain. I felt hopeless. My Mom came to the rescue. She was with me every second I needed her. What a great woman.

I am finally feeling better and able to write blogs again.

I agree that we should post more in her forum. But, I also think we shouldn't be so quick to rush to judgment about what's happening to her all of the time. Personally I don't remember seeing any pics of her out and partying after the AO, and I certainly haven't seen any pics of her and Common. But, I'm not saying they don't exist, it's just that the AO was nearly a month ago and she could have had the surgery immediately after. As we can see, it was gum surgery. That could mean anything from an impacted tooth to a root canal or some other surgery. That can be pretty painful and taking time off to have surgery in your mouth and recouperate would certainly hinder training. Personally, I don't want to see her on the court, without having hit a couple of balls after having her mouth worked on. Things aren't always as simple as we tend to view them.

Denise4925
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:36 AM

Seems to me she is in pain and I think this is before her quarterfinal match. It could be anything but she looks in pain and you never know.

Where did you find that pic? :confused: Dang! :lol:

Stamp Paid
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:49 AM

Seems to me she is in pain and I think this is before her quarterfinal match. It could be anything but she looks in pain and you never know.Chile, she was just getting that sesame seed from that Big Mac bun out of her back teeth. :tape:

LOL j/k. The Serena stans miss nothing, yall better work!

Denise4925
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:52 AM
What does "stans" mean?

Serena'sboo
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:56 AM
i think they were meant to say fans instead of stans????

Denise4925
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:57 AM
i think they were meant to say fans instead of stans????

No, I've seen the expression on other sites.

Stamp Paid
Feb 16th, 2008, 05:10 AM
What does "stans" mean?A super fan. Denise you gotta start using urbandictionary.com lol

Denise4925
Feb 16th, 2008, 05:14 AM
:lol:

-VSR-
Feb 16th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Where did you find that pic? :confused: Dang! :lol:

Someone else posted in on GM for a caption and of course all the haters failed to realize this might be a prime example of what was bothering her. I decided it would be better to bring this up in her forum though. :lol:

Chile, she was just getting that sesame seed from that Big Mac bun out of her back teeth. :tape:

LOL j/k. The Serena stans miss nothing, yall better work!

You could be right, King. :lol:

But seriously, I'm not that super! ;)

Serena'sboo
Feb 16th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Oh.... okay I'm going to use stan from now on i like it better

williamsluva
Mar 8th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I thought it was a wisdom tooth extraction like Nole had last year when he just lost it at the end of the year. At the time of the Janko loss i thought she was just having "one of those 'blue tuesdays'" that girls have and thats all that was wrong.

Hopefully she takes all these things to heart and is more motivated by the fact that she knows she should have won the tournament and was beaten by being unwell not by a player