PDA

View Full Version : I guess Serena plans on partying before France

doni1212
Feb 1st, 2008, 06:18 AM
Stars in the Skye" Super Bowl party -7 p.m. to midnight Saturday, Feb. 2, at the upscale Skye restaurant in Peoria.

http://media.wildcat.arizona.edu/media/storage/paper997/news/2008/01/28/News/Things.To.Know-3171252.shtml

Destiny
Feb 1st, 2008, 05:24 PM
omfg
i am so annoyed

Brooks.
Feb 1st, 2008, 06:28 PM
she never planned to play in France. end of.

Craigy
Feb 1st, 2008, 06:42 PM
she never planned to play in France. end of.

Yes she did.

doni1212
Feb 1st, 2008, 07:23 PM
Ok now I'm upset. Did she have surgery already or is she going to have surgery? She's about to party so I doubt it's something that takes a long time to recover. If it's her knee and she shows up wearing stilettos again.......:fiery:

Dodoboy.
Feb 1st, 2008, 08:34 PM
She wouldn't after dental surgery! lol

StarDuvallGrant
Feb 1st, 2008, 11:35 PM
I'm always on the side, at least aiming to be positive but I have to say I'm disappointed with this. I wonder if Serena thinks about her rep and if she thinks about the fans who do enjoy her live. She can't keep on this road and for some it's too late. I'm disappointed.

Venus&Serena
Feb 2nd, 2008, 12:40 AM
As expected I think this is the first of MANY withdrawals this season :tape:

Brooklyn90
Feb 2nd, 2008, 12:45 AM
Oh Serena, what can I really say anymore. If she wants to party more than she wants to play then its obvious that her tennis will suffer. And it's nobody's fault but hers. How many years is she going to keep the fans hopes up for playing a tournament then all the sudden pull out at the last minute. And to think I thought this season would be different from the last four.
Sorry if I'm coming off negative its just soooo disappointing to remember the glory days when Serena was so dominant and focused and determined to win every tournament. Now it seems like she doesn't even care anymore. The way she acted in the Quarterfinals of the Australian Open was just horrible, no fight, and no spirit at all! Now with Henin, Sharapova, and all the young players playing their best tennis and improving their game rapidly it's hard to See Serena will ever dominate the way she once was.
I'm one of Serena's biggest fans, but the truth does hurt sometimes.

Brooks.
Feb 2nd, 2008, 01:11 AM
I've been really negative regarding Serena lately. I feel badly for this, because she really is my favorite tennis player. I really enjoy watching her play, and I love her personality.

The problem I have is this:

I don't think she takes her schedule seriously when it comes to tennis. If she's not interesting in playing tier II tournaments in Feb. then she shouldn't enter into them. I know that by now we shouldn't expect her to play, but it should not be that way. Justine, Maria and Venus (just to give a few examples) are very good about playing the tournaments they enter. They only withdraw when it's serious. I don't doubt that some of Serena's withdrawals have been legit over the years. But I also don't doubt that a large sum of them have been due to the fact that she just doesn't want to play.

I don't think I am a "bad fan" for stating my disappointment regarding this. As stated above, I love Serena. I'll always be a fan, and I'll always pull for her when she's playing. I just wish she would take her schedule more seriously. I am hoping that this year will be different, but the withdrawals have already started so I have to believe that it won't.

Serena'sboo
Feb 2nd, 2008, 01:51 AM
I agree exactly with what everybody is saying especially with veereefan but I think the bottom line is this
If Serena wants to be number one like she said this year, then she's going to have to get in "great shape" like she was in in 2004 after 04 her fitness went away yeah she can beat all these girls below the top 5 in her shape now ( which she is in shape) but the top 5 shes not going to beat withdrawing everytime and she shoul not going to beat Justine in the attitude she is in now

I love her so much and i wont ever stop loving Serena because i want to get married to her ( just my love for her)

I mean but for fans like us its so damm hard to keep up with her b/c one minute shes saying how commited she is and how shes ready for the next level and gets our hopes up but then she lets us down but will see this is only one tournament so keep our hopes up again lol

serenus_2k8
Feb 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Its even more annoying when you see how easy the draw was...

Nobody playing would, IMO, trouble Ree if she was at like 80%.

I wish she could have just taken some painkillers and played, since tennis wouldnt worsen her tooth. Or got surgery earlier, or anything. Im sure if she was really wanting to play she could have done it :(

2moretogo
Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
Serena, Serena, Serena... while this isn't surprising, I really don't wanna hear her crying at FO and later in the season about how she just doesn't know why she isn't playing consistently against the top players.

And I agree with the other posters who are a bit frustrated. At the end of the day it is her life. Can't wait to see the pictures.

frontier
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:35 AM
I wonder when her contract with Nike will end,I am disappointed in her and her lack of effort.I f she doesnt play well in Miami she will fall in ranking again and this time it will be hard to catch up.I love Serena but her work ethic is questionable.

Serena'sboo
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Well.. I hope she able to play in the next 2 tournaments she signed up for:confused::sad: Hopefully she does:D:D and well see her soon but like i said she needs her tooth longer than tennis and I would want her to be healthy, but i still wonder why she couldn't have gotten it done soon. But the past is the past so I hope we can see her play before Miami( I hope this dental surgery isn't that bad)

Otherwise if it isn't SERENA GET ON THE DAMM COURT!!!!:lol:

serenus_2k8
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Serena, Serena, Serena... while this isn't surprising, I really don't wanna hear her crying at FO and later in the season about how she just doesn't know why she isn't playing consistently against the top players.

And I agree with the other posters who are a bit frustrated. At the end of the day it is her life. Can't wait to see the pictures.

I agree. The field is too strong to just walk into a slam and win on sheer talent. You need to put in the work! That said, I cant blame her for wanting to make sure she doesnt have to lose early in a tournie and be critisised for making an excuse then...:sad:

Just gotta wait a little bit longer, she is scheduled to play Doha with Vee right? So that should be amazing! And 11 days or so aint that bad!

-VSR-
Feb 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Serena is scheduled for Dubai and then Bangalore.

Venus is going to Doha, Memphis and Bangalore.

serenus_2k8
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Ahh ok so thats about 2 weeks and 4 days I think until we will see Ree? But only one week and 4 days until Vee :bounce: woohoo!

What is the field like in Doha? I assume its going to be really strong since its the first tier I of the year and most of the players will be well rested?

doni1212
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah, it's really strong....
I think Justine, Ana, Svetlana, Jelena, and Maria are all there as well.