PDA

View Full Version : I saw Amanda a couple of times at ...

butch
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Wimbledon. It was wonderful seeing her play again. I watched her win her 1st rounder.. was still queueing when she lost her 2nd. Also saw her play mixed doubles a couple of times. She signed my South African flag after her 1st round game... and we talked some more a couple times later. It was wonderful that she actually remembered me ... she was playing her 2nd round mixed match when Wayne was playing Henman on Centre... when I congratulated her on the mixed win as she was leaving the court, she wanted to know from me how Wayne's game ended... it was also very nice to speak to her in Afrikaans (our mother tongue). Unfortunately I didn't have my picture taken with her.. looking back I don't really know why ... I had a couple of opportunities. Anyway, she and Wayne and the other SA players really made my trip to Wimbledon memorable. GO Amanda!!

Zamboni
Jul 27th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Thanx butch :)

The last report I heard about someone meeting Amanda (october last year) was negative :( so it's good to hear a positive report on her! :) For some reason I would love to hear her speak Afrikaans! hehe

Great to hear she was nice to you :)

PETE
Jul 28th, 2002, 08:04 AM
"The last report I heard about someone meeting Amanda (october last year) was negative "

Why What Happend???

Zamboni
Jul 28th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Someone I knew from the Sanex board met Amanda, but she said she was really in a hurry and not nice to her :( But she also said that she met Amanda other times, and she had been nice then (that's why the last time was so dissappointing), so it wasn't all negative ;)

Robbie.
Jul 28th, 2002, 01:22 PM
I'm sure Amanda had a very good reason, for being a bit abrupt :D.

Hi butch :wavey: Always nice to here some eye witness accounts of Amanda :D

butch
Jul 28th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Last year when Amanda and Anna played in Stellenbosch I met a woman, Jill, there. When I stood outside Court 2 after Seles' first round game (beat Bes 6-0 6-0) (wanted Seles to sign my flag, which she did) I saw Jill again!! It was wonderful. Any way, she was telling me that she had seen Amanda twice earlier, and although Lori McNeil (Amanda's coach) was handing out autographs, Amanda wasn't signing any. So after Amanda's match (her match started about the time Seles finished) I approached Amanda for an autograph (rather cautiously) and I was pleasantly surprised that she actually agreed to sign my SA flag. So yea, it does happen that players are so focused on a match coming up, that they just do not want to be interrupted. The same happened with Mary Pierce... I was shouting and yelling my heart out for her to come and sign my flag.... she ignored me flat. Later I found out she lost her singles match, having led a set and a break. A couple of days I overheard someone saying how friendly Mary had been... there were a lot of people who wanted to have her autographed... and she gave it to all of them.

Zamboni
Jul 29th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Yes, I know what you mean.

I've heard some people talking about how nice Justine Henin has been to them, well, I've met her twice now, and twice she didn't want to sign autographs at all :(

Robbie.
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:05 PM
I don't have time now...but I'll recount later when I met Amanda earlier this year at the AO...she was really great and presonable. Fans do expect a lot of their faves...they are not robots after all, the do have moods and feelings.

CESSY
Aug 5th, 2002, 01:48 AM
AMANDA IS

CESSY
Aug 5th, 2002, 01:49 AM
A TRUE

CESSY
Aug 5th, 2002, 01:49 AM
FIGHTER IN HER

CESSY
Aug 5th, 2002, 01:50 AM
LIFE AND ON COURTS!!!!!

WHO HAVE GUESSED THAT A

CESSY
Aug 5th, 2002, 01:52 AM
DIMINUTIVE PERSON REACHED SUCH A BRILLANT CAREER!!!!!!

MORE THAN 5 MILLIONS ON COURTS AND A BIT MORE ON SPONSORS!

CESSY
Aug 5th, 2002, 01:53 AM
I LOVE YOU MANDY!!!!!

YOU ARE AN EXAMPLE OF FIGHT IN EVERYONES LIVES!!!!!!

I STILL WANT TO SEE YOU IN PERSON!!!!!

Zamboni
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:45 AM
:wavey: Cessy! :):):)