View Full Version : 2008 Schedule

Brooklyn90
Jan 27th, 2008, 01:50 AM
December 28, 2007 Hopman Cup (WON)
January 13, 2008 Australian Open (QF)
March 02, 2008 Bangalore Open (WON)
March 26, 2008 Sony Ericsson Open (WON)
April 13, 2008 Family Circle Cup (WON)
May 04, 2008 Qatar Telecom German Open (QF)
May 11, 2008 Internazionali BNL d'Italia (QF)
May 25, 2008 French Open
June 22, 2008 Wimbledon
July 14, 2008 Bank of the West Classic
July 21, 2008 East West Bank Classic
August 10, 2008 Summer Olympics
August 25, 2008 U.S. Open
September 15, 2008 Toray Pan Pacific Open
September 29, 2008 Porsche Grand Prix
October 06, 2008 Kremlin Cup
October 18, 2008 Zurich Open

Brooklyn90
Jan 27th, 2008, 01:52 AM
It really looks like Serena wants to be dedicated to playing tennis this year! I just hope she stays healthy and plays them all.

Uranium
Jan 27th, 2008, 01:55 AM
its spelled schedule:)

Brooklyn90
Jan 27th, 2008, 02:46 AM
its spelled schedule:)

:lol: thanks for that :) I had a feeling that I spelled it wrong :o

Venus&Serena
Jan 27th, 2008, 03:56 AM
My guess is that Serena will pullout of some of these events :p :p!

Sir Stefwhit
Jan 27th, 2008, 05:19 AM
It's a very ambitious schedule and a lot of tournaments back to back. If she does play these events she will make up the points she lost by not repeating her Oz win. She'll also postion herself that her ranking wont plummet in the event she doesn't repeat in Miami.

It's likely she wont play all these events, but stranger things have happened.

Dodoboy.
Jan 27th, 2008, 12:50 PM
i think she will play 3/4 before Miami!
and that is still very smart! there is still a two week break before the BIG tournament so everything is OK

b_o_r
Jan 27th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Open Gaz de France-she'll play since she has had success here over the years
Proximus Diamond Games- not likely, this is Venus/Justine turf
Dubai Tennis Championships- 50/50 since its lucrative
Bangalore Open - Larry Scott will be there so Serena will be on his personal jet
Sony Ericsson Open- bar injury she will be there
Family Circle Cup-she'll be fool to play on green clay again
Qatar Telecom German Open-- 35% chance,the weather is terrible there
Internazionali BNL d'Italia- 100% is she doesn't play Berlin
French Open- bar injury she will be there
Wimbledon- bar injury she will be there

Serendy Willick
Jan 28th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Open Gaz de France-she'll play since she has had success here over the years
Proximus Diamond Games- not likely, this is Venus/Justine turf
Dubai Tennis Championships- 50/50 since its lucrative
Bangalore Open - Larry Scott will be there so Serena will be on his personal jet
Sony Ericsson Open- bar injury she will be there
Qatar Telecom German Open-- 35% chance,the weather is terrible there
Internazionali BNL d'Italia- 100% is she doesn't play Berlin
French Open- bar injury she will be there
Wimbledon- bar injury she will be there

She NEEDS to play as many clay court tourneys before the french as she can. (BTW, the last time she played the German Open Serena won the French Open) FCC is a waste of time IMO. Get to the red stuff and Practice, Practice, Practice. BTW, does anybody know when this new rule (the one where you have to play Indian Waste:rolleyes::rolleyes:) goes into effect?

In The Zone
Jan 28th, 2008, 12:39 AM
^ 2009.

I think Serena plays all 4. Paris and Antwerp are SO weak that she knows she can get easy points. Dubai is lucrative appearance fee. And Bangalore's field is the worst in history.

She won't have to tax her body by playing all four. Of course, if she does skip one which is very likely, she'd skip Antwerp.

serenus_2k8
Jan 28th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yeh I dont get it, where is everyone, and why arent they entering these events :lol:

So glad Ana and JJ are playing Fed cup :D

How is Bangalore a Tier II, its field is pathetic! Check out last years draw. Not a single top 20 player :lol: :help: The number 1 seed was ranked 38! I guess its reasonable that players want to rest, and dont want a long trip to IW but surely this is still a great opportunity?!

urock34
Jan 29th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Yeh I dont get it, where is everyone, and why arent they entering these events :lol:

So glad Ana and JJ are playing Fed cup :D

How is Bangalore a Tier II, its field is pathetic! Check out last years draw. Not a single top 20 player :lol: :help: The number 1 seed was ranked 38! I guess its reasonable that players want to rest, and dont want a long trip to IW but surely this is still a great opportunity?!

last year it was still a tier III or maybe even a tier IV

Brooks.
Jan 29th, 2008, 03:54 AM
i hope she plays all 4 ..she needs the points and she should win at least two of them :tape:

we don't need another ranking freefall this year...she needs at least a top 8 seeding for Roland Garros

Brooklyn90
May 2nd, 2008, 03:05 AM
Looks like a great schedule this year! Just hope she stays healthy :)

MrSerenaWilliams
May 2nd, 2008, 07:02 PM

I'm glad she played anyway :yeah:

Renalicious
May 3rd, 2008, 12:43 AM
:p I just loooove this schedule! I hope she actually plays all of these tournaments. :) No more injuriesss pleeeassseee.

BuTtErFrEnA
May 21st, 2008, 11:24 AM
so far she has played everything she has been dedicated to.....let's hope it keeps going that way :)

*W*
May 30th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Serena Williams Enters 2008 Bank of the West Classic

Article by Aaress Lawless on May 29, 2008

Serena Williams has entered the 2008 Bank of the West Classic, tournament officials announced on Thursday.

The Stanford event is the longest-running women-only professional tennis tournament in the world.

Counting Williams, four of the Top 10 women in the world have entered the singles field.

The Bank of the West Classic, which will be held July 14-20 at the Taube Tennis Stadium on the campus of Stanford University, now has commitments from Williams (No. 5), defending Bank of the West Classic Champion Anna Chakvetadze (No. 6), Marion Bartoli (No. 9) and Daniela Hantuchova (No. 10).

Williams, the former World No. 1, has already won three Sony Ericsson WTA Tour tiles this year including the Tier 1 Sony Ericsson Open in Miami bringing her total career singles titles to 31. She has posted an impressive 23-2 singles record heading into this year’s French Open.

Williams has already advanced to the third round at Roland Garros following a 6-2, 7-5 win over Mathilde Johansson in her second round match.

The Bank of the West Classic’s impressive field also features former World No. 1 and three-time Grand Slam Champion Lindsay Davenport, 2007 Bank of the West Classic finalist Sania Mirza, and former World No. 3 and seven-time tour winner Nadia Petrova.

The Bank of the West Classic, a Sony Ericsson WTA Tour event, features a 28-player singles draw as well as a 16-team doubles draw. The event is owned and operated by IMG and serves as the opening women’s event of the Olympus US Open Series.

For more information, please visit www.bankofthewestclassic.com.

Renalicious
May 30th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Is it a Tier II?

Destiny
May 30th, 2008, 11:29 AM
yeah it is

kwilliams
May 30th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I thought Venus had entered this two...maybe that was Los Angeles.