PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup 2008 [CZE vs. SVK]

Derek.
Jan 26th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Starting a week from now. :cool:

Good luck to Nicole and her teammates! :)

Sexysova
Jan 26th, 2008, 07:00 AM
good luck all Czech girls :)

I can't wait to see you live :D

Andres13
Jan 26th, 2008, 04:28 PM
good luck all Czech girls :)

I can't wait to see you live :D

Wish good luck to you and to the team.We had almost national holiday yesterday when Bondarenko sisters won AO :))

Rod the Bama
Jan 26th, 2008, 07:29 PM
I hope that Nikki and the rest of the Czech girls do well and have some fun in the rematch against Slovak ladies. Plus i really hope that we`ll get to see the Czech girls dress up for the party. It would be very nice to see Nikki and company all glammed up.

Corswandt
Jan 31st, 2008, 08:47 PM
I hadn't even realised Kodat no longer was the captain.

It's Cibulkova and Rybarikova then. Neither of them a walkover.

Sexysova
Feb 1st, 2008, 10:17 AM
I followed FED CUP DRAW CEREMONY which was showed on Czech TV :)

DAY 1 - Start at 1PM (12.00 GMT)

1. Petra Cetkovska vs. Dominika Cibulkova
2. Nicole Vaidisova vs. Magdalena Rybarikova

DAY 2 - Start at 12PM (11.00 GMT)

1. Nicole Vaidisova vs. Dominika Cibulkova
2. Petra Cetkovska vs. Magdalena Rybarikova
3. Peschke/Benesova vs. Husarova/Cibulkova

Vaidisova
Feb 1st, 2008, 12:13 PM
It will be tough now with Lucie out...

Lunaris
Feb 1st, 2008, 12:24 PM
It will be tough now with Lucie out...
But also more interesting so it's all good. :)

Derek.
Feb 1st, 2008, 03:44 PM
Pretty even now without Lucie.

Good luck Nicole! :)

Vaidisova
Feb 1st, 2008, 04:37 PM
Interview with Nicole:

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/FC_4267_mp3.MP3

Sharapower8
Feb 1st, 2008, 05:03 PM
Good luck to the Czechs !! :kiss:

Vaidisova
Feb 2nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Nicole finally wins 75 64, so after day 1 the tie is 1-1.

Derek.
Feb 2nd, 2008, 03:23 PM
That was a struggle. :o

Well done, Nicole! :yeah:

Big match vs. Domi tomorrow.

Good luck! :)

Vaidisova
Feb 2nd, 2008, 07:51 PM
Vaidisova extends impressive record

Rybarikova, moving well, fought back, saving six match points, while the Czech star threw her racket in anger. But in the tenth game of the set Vaidisova faltered no more and clinched the second rubber after 97 minutes with 75 64 victory.

Mojmir Mihal, the Slovak captain, said: “The main difference was that Nicole is much more experienced in big matches.”

Vaidisova has now an impressive 10-1 Fed Cup record and has not lost a rubber since 2005 when she was defeated by Akiko Morigami. Today she was playing for the first time without her stepfather Ales Kodat as a coach. She said: "My father is in Canada now, he is skiing.”

With the Fed Cup tie finely balanced going into Sunday’s play, there are rumours that Benesova will play instead instead Cetkovska. "I don´t know if I will have another chance tomorrow," Cetkovska said.

Lucie Safarova, who had withdrawn from the tie on Friday morning with a gluteal injury, and her boyfriend Tomas Berdych, the world No.11, were among the 3,800 sold-out crowd at the Brno Exhibition Centre.

Interview: http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/FC_4417_mp3.MP3

Rod the Bama
Feb 2nd, 2008, 09:04 PM
Tougher match than expected for Nikki, but i`m glad that she kept her poise and played well enough to get the win, which was very crucial for the Czech ladies. :clap2:

RsaibotD
Feb 2nd, 2008, 11:32 PM
1 all as expected, tomorrow I'm expecting a thriller match.... good luck Nikki :yeah:

Michael_21
Feb 3rd, 2008, 03:57 AM
well done nicole solid win good luck in the next match :D

Andres13
Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:54 AM
1 all as expected, tomorrow I'm expecting a thriller match.... good luck Nikki :yeah:

My feeling tells me win over Cibulkova will be easier!

Vaidisova
Feb 3rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
N.VAIDISOVA (CZE) def. D.CIBULKOVA (SVK)
3-6 6-3 6-1

Sharapower8
Feb 3rd, 2008, 01:53 PM
Great job Nikki !
Can't wait to have Andrew's report :drool:

Derek.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
Nicole. :yeah:

2-2 now and doubles to decide.

Vaidisova
Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:24 PM
K.PESCHKE / N.VAIDISOVA (CZE) def. D.CIBULKOVA / J.HUSAROVA (SVK) 6-1 2-6 6-4

Czechs win 3-2 :yeah:

Derek.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
Nicole & Kveta. :banana:

Andres13
Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM
Almost all done by Nicole!
Including aces in final game...

Corswandt
Feb 3rd, 2008, 05:11 PM
Almost all done by Nicole!
Including aces in final game...

:hatoff: to our Nikki.

This was truly epic. No jaded cynicism and smartass comments from me this time.

Rod the Bama
Feb 3rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
Great job by Nikki for helping clinch the tie for the Czech ladies in those tough matches. :clap2: Hopefully these wins will be a confidence booster for her with Dubai around the corner.

RsaibotD
Feb 3rd, 2008, 07:09 PM
:hatoff: to our Nikki.

This was truly epic. No jaded cynicism and smartass comments from me this time.

:lol:....:woohoo:Well done Nikki.... she extend her impressive record to 13-2 :cool:

Sexysova
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
I just arrived at home from FED CUP and I'm absolutely impressed, unfortunately I didn't catch Nicole for an autograph, it was hard :'( but next time I hope I will but Nicole IS EXTREMELY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what was it that she looked fat at the AO :( but I'm absolutely impressed at this fantastic weekend and mainly at doubles :D

Sexysova
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
it was impressive..

Cetkovska - Cibulkova

It was really weird match. It was UP and DOWN. Cetkovska played consistent tennis in the first set until 5-2 lead but I have to say that Cibulkova made some stupid errors, she was probably a little nervous at the beginning. Then I don't know what exactly happen but this match was absolutely turned, Cetkovska made a lot of ue's and Cibulkova took an advantage and even started play really well. I don't know what happened to her in the second set because her serve was terrible and even Cetkovska with her pretty poor backhand could return quite well but when Cibulkova made it to a rally she won a lot of points because she's just better on her backhand and Cetkovska has just a little better forehand. Cibulkova controlled this match since 2-5 in the first set.

Vaidisova - Rybarikova

That was pretty close match. Both were a little nervous but Nicole showed she is much more experienced in tough matches and after a little strugglind in the ends of the sets she won it. It was much better match than the first one because there were a lot of nice serves and some good rallies. For me it was much better also because Nicole is the best for me :D Rybarikova played really pretty well, she has very good serve but still inconsistent and she hasn't too good placement. Her forehand is quite good and with her backhand it looks that she just hits back. It was a good match and very dramatic but Nicole led 5-2 in the first set and she struggled a little but still controlled the match.

Vaidisova - Cibulkova

Absolutely horrible start from Nicole. I really thought in this set that Nicole has one of the worst return on the tour :D Cibulkova played pretty well and Nicole just made stupid errors mainly with her backhand :( The second set was tougher.. both played quite good tennis until 3-3. Since 3-3 when Nicole got broken with a volley error she started to dominate on the court. She absolutely started to return well I think she returned to the OUT or NET just three times until 5-1 in the third set. She really played very well and I think she had more ue's from her forehand site than her backhand site. It was really great turning from Nicole since 3-3 in the second set. I was glad though I wanted a bagel :D :lol:

Cetkovska - Rybarikova

The first set was quite great tennis, some nice rallies but Cetkovska isn't enough mentally strong for the FED CUP matches and she really should work on her backhand. I really didn't understand to her tactic: she played mostly slice BH against Cibulkova and not against Rybarikova who is much taller. I didn't get it. Rybarikova controlled the second set and it wasn't a good tennis for me.. I wish it ends.

Peschke/Vaidisova - Husarova/Cibulkova

Without doubt the best match of the FC. I talk with my friends that Pala should put Nicole into the doubles with Peschke because Benesova is pretty bad with her psychic. So he really nominates her. Slovaks played very badly in the first set and Czechs played really very well, I think Kveta was 5% better than Nicole. BUT in the second set Slovaks absolutely turned this match and they won 6-2 the second set. I think Nicole played much better than Kveta who made a lot of bad errors on volleys and returns. Third set was extreme drama. Slovaks had four bp's and Nicole saved them with Kveta on the serve.. Nicole was brilliant at the net at the one point but I don't know exactly when it was but Slovaks had a bp I think. They just deserved a win. They were better and I think Nicole was the best player on the court, she played really well at the net, she returned well and she was the one who held own serve the most. I was really impressed how Nicole is good in doubles and Nicole/Kveta really deserved to win :)

that's all! :) if you have some questions I hope I can answer :D

Wiggly
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the report!
I just want to know if the Czech team get along well?
In the pics, Petra seemed to act akwardly with the others and Benesova/Peschke aren't exactly best friends.

RsaibotD
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the report Andrew:)..... Did you record the doubles match?.... I'd like to watch it

Sexysova
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the report!
I just want to know if the Czech team get along well?
In the pics, Petra seemed to act akwardly with the others and Benesova/Peschke aren't exactly best friends.

hm.. I don't know but I think they're in a good relationship: Vaidisova, Safarova, Benesova & Peschke.. don't know about Cetkovska.. she's pretty new in the FC so it's hard but I think they have all good relations ;) it seemed when I looked at them ;)

Sexysova
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the report Andrew:)..... Did you record the doubles match?.... I'd like to watch it

my friend should record all Nicole's matches includes doubles and two interviews ;) soon on the website! :)

Neptune
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks!
How Nicole was moving this week-end? Better than at the Ao?

Sexysova
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks!
How Nicole was moving this week-end? Better than at the Ao?

I don't know because it's other surface.. it's really hard.. ok.. I think yes.. :)

dulkogii
Feb 4th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Good job Nicole..!

you plays 3 points!

Derek.
Feb 4th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks, Andrew. :cool:

Sexysova
Feb 5th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Thanks, Andrew. :cool:

;) :wavey:

Sexysova
Feb 5th, 2008, 05:12 AM
fantastic point! :) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=o65LwyKIjZg

itzhak
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:20 AM
WELCOME TO ISRAEL!

ISR VS. CZE in Israel....

Sexysova
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:45 AM
:rolleyes: :tape: :help:

RsaibotD
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Oh NO!:help:..... well, at least Czechs are favourites in this tie:rolleyes:

Andres13
Feb 5th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Another reason to support Czechia!

Janine*OnTheTour
Feb 6th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Here are my photos from the Fed Cup tie Fed Cup CZE def. SVK (http://www.international-sport-photos.de/gallery/index.php?cat=87)

and a lot more from Nicole...

Sexysova
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:59 AM
sry that I haven't uploaded fed cup matches yet but I had some problems with my internet connection and I hope it will be good from now...

Doubles in uploading ;)

Sharapower8
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Thank you Janine, they're beautiful :worship:

itzhak
Feb 13th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Nicole's agent told to the Israeli media that Nicole will not play in Israel and that it is for sure.

itzhak
Feb 13th, 2008, 03:35 PM
can somone translate it?

http://www.sport.cz/clanek/125018-tenistka-vaidisova-nebude-reprezentovat-ve-fed-cupu.html

Vaidisova
Feb 13th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Tennis-Vaidisova quits Fed Cup team to focus on ranking
Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:03pm GMT

PRAGUE, Feb 13 (Reuters) - World number 16 Nicole Vaidisova has quit the Czech Fed Cup team to concentrate on improving her standing in the rankings, Czech daily Sport said on Wednesday.

"Nicole was always proud to be playing for Czech Republic. But she has reached the point in her career when she wants to improve her rankings," Sport quoted her agent Olivier van Lindonk as saying.

"It was a very tough decision for her."

The Czechs meet Israel away on April 26-27 in their fourth consecutive World Group play-off. Last year the Czechs, missing Vaidisova due to illness, lost 4-1 to Spain.

Van Lindonk added Vaidisova wanted to play for the Czechs at the Beijing Olympics this year and return to the Fed Cup team sometime in the future.

http://uk.reuters.com/articlePrint?articleId=UKL1330932920080213

Lunaris
Feb 13th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Safarova said Fed Cup were only two weeks in a year and that she wouldn't do such a thing. :devil:

Corswandt
Feb 13th, 2008, 08:36 PM
"Nicole was always proud to be playing for Czech Republic. But she has reached the point in her career when she wants to improve her rankings," Sport quoted her agent Olivier van Lindonk as saying.

1) I agree with this decision. Back in 2006, I was highly critical of the way Lena D. messed up her schedule and sacrificed everything else for a competition nobody cares about, including a meaningless playoff tie just after Wimbledon.

2) Credit to her agent for coming clean about this right away and not waiting until 2-3 days before the tie to give some BS "injury" or "illness" excuse.

Sharapower8
Feb 15th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I'm actually really disappointed with her decision... :rolleyes: :sad:
But if she thinks that it's the right thing to do, then... We'll see

Lunams
Feb 17th, 2008, 11:38 AM
So that highly means we will not see Czech Republic appears in world 1 group again next year.Such a pity.
I think she should play more tournaments to improve her rankings.

Lunams
Feb 17th, 2008, 11:48 AM
sry that I haven't uploaded fed cup matches yet but I had some problems with my internet connection and I hope it will be good from now...

Doubles in uploading ;)

Have you finished it?Can't wait to see it,thanks in advance.

Sexysova
Feb 21st, 2008, 09:06 AM
Have you finished it?Can't wait to see it,thanks in advance.

it will be soon, be patient.. I'm ill now and I have one week holidays next week so finally I will have enough time to do it ;)

Lunams
Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
:hug: