PDA

View Full Version : Serena fans- What are your current thoughts on Serena?

cancelled1
Jan 24th, 2008, 11:04 PM
I'm wondering what you think.

Restarted thread from GM.

-VSR-
Jan 25th, 2008, 02:02 AM
She will still win slams if she can improve her footwork/speed and have the desire. :)

serenus_2k8
Jan 25th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I never for a second doubted she could come back stronger.

Im excited for her now because she can really work her way back up and prove that she is worth more than a QF at each slam :D

santhuruu
Jan 25th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Serena is still healthy, no more pressure for the rest of the year, will win an indoor tournament this year.

sweetpeas
Jan 25th, 2008, 08:53 PM
:wavey:Im still thinking back to last year. When Mr.Williams stated he didn"t know how Serena does it!(playing tennis)!I"M thinking maybe it"s more then what we really know about all those injury? How did they really affect Serena playing abillty!I just wonderd!!!!!!!!!!

b_o_r
Jan 25th, 2008, 10:06 PM
She needs a quality win over quality opponent to get her groove back.

-VSR-
Jan 25th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I forgot to add, she's needs long hair back. She can't win a slam without it. :lol:

StarDuvallGrant
Jan 25th, 2008, 10:58 PM
My thoughts on her are a bit mixed. My feelings still the same though. There isn't one player on tour like her who can have me in her corner the way Serena does. After her losses last year in the slams and this most recent slam loss I am saddened that she's not lifting a trophy but there is something in Serena that makes me react to whatever current state and emotions she exhibits. So while it's been sad about her losing the way she's lost and what passion she's sometimes lacked affects the way I look at those losses. It doesn't hit me as hard and it makes the jump of towards the next tournament easier. It's really weird. I felt Serena was going to win this tournament and really, what tournament is there that I don't think she'll win lol. I still have faith in this year - it's just hard not to with Serena.

Serendy Willick
Jan 26th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I never for a second doubted she could come back stronger.

Im excited for her now because she can really work her way back up and prove that she is worth more than a QF at each slam :D
This is getting soooo lame. Serena is an eight time grand slam champion SHE HAS NOTHING TO PROVE:rolleyes:

serenus_2k8
Jan 26th, 2008, 02:57 PM
This is getting soooo lame. Serena is an eight time grand slam champion SHE HAS NOTHING TO PROVE:rolleyes:

Lol OMG Serena wants to prove to herself IMO, I know full well that Serena has doesnt have anything to prove to the rest of the world but she is a self-confessed perfectionist and takes every victory very badly because of this. Thats why shes gonna come back and kick ass :)

I am quite glad that she didnt win here, because she can now focus on getting back the points she lost and working on getting further tha QF @@ RG :bounce:

serenus_2k8
Jan 26th, 2008, 02:57 PM

Lol OMG Serena wants to prove to herself IMO, I know full well that Serena has doesnt have anything to prove to the rest of the world but she is a self-confessed perfectionist and takes every victory very badly because of this. Thats why shes gonna come back and kick ass :)

I am quite glad that she didnt win here, because she can now focus on getting back the points she lost and working on getting further tha QF @@ RG :bounce:

sweetpeas
Jan 26th, 2008, 07:25 PM
because she can now focus on getting back the points she lost and working on getting further tha QF @@ RG
I truly beleive Serena can win it!

williamsluva
Jan 29th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I just want her to shut up every one of those losers who spew hatred towards her, and outshine that b!tch henin, oh and shut up maria because now everyones saying that Maria is obviously a far better player than she ever was before and that she was obviously severley hampered by her shoulder last year and thats why she lost to serena

Venus&Serena
Jan 30th, 2008, 01:36 AM
I think she just needs to focus and train hard :) Shes still the best player out there imo;)

doni1212
Jan 30th, 2008, 02:58 AM
I just want her to shut up every one of those losers who spew hatred towards her, and outshine that b!tch henin, oh and shut up maria because now everyones saying that Maria is obviously a far better player than she ever was before and that she was obviously severley hampered by her shoulder last year and thats why she lost to serena

Which is complete bullshit, :rolleyes:

DOUBLEFIST
Jan 30th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I just want to know WHY she was being so hard on herself- not just in the 1/4 finals but even in the round of 16?

She was actually pretty solid (not perfect) in the 4th round, yet she seemed stiff, irritated and overly critical. I think this carried over into the quarters.

SunriseSunset
Feb 3rd, 2008, 08:14 PM

Yep. Every time she loses it's her darn shoulder playing up, even if it was fine when she was winning two days before. If it hurts for this amount of time, maybe early retirement would be best.