PDA

View Full Version : Daniela complained about the shoe shuffling!

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Daniela complained about the shoe shuffling.

And Pam Shriver is suggesting (not officially) that it's gamesmanship and that she is uses it randomly, especially on more tense points.

Lucyxx
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:44 AM
It is gamesmanship. Davai PamDani.

bellascarlett
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Damn it I missed it. I was busy writing my post for the Maria victory thread. :lol:

What did Dani say?

sfselesfan
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:45 AM
She was doing it a lot yesterday vs. Venus. I don't think it's gamesmanship, but it is annoying nonetheless.

SF

Ova
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:46 AM
There was no complaint. I just watched it, it was about Daniela's feet on the serve.

Medina
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:46 AM
That was good. im like finally. If i was Dani i would be doing it back.

mdterp01
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Dani didn't say anything, but when Ana did it when Daniela went to throw her ball up, she stopped and CLEARLY WAS AGITATED!!! I'm glad that someone finally started pointing this out. Mary said its not an issue unless it becomes disturbing to the server. Venus said she didn't notice it and it didn't bother her but ya know what...if it does bother the server they need to complain about it. That would be like if Sharapova let out one of her shrieks or Serena one of her come ons or Justine one of her allez' during the service motion. I'm glad its being talked about because I noticed she didn't do it until the tiebreak with Venus yesterday.

Xanadu11
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:48 AM
I loved the look on her face. Dani was in the middle of serving and then the squeaking came and she said was that noise? The umpire was like her shoes. Dani then gave this look and served and then Ana did it on the next point.

sfselesfan
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:49 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=12380392#post12380392

I called this earlier. She did it even worse yesterday.

SF

Huntress555
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:50 AM
I never noticed it until people starting talking about it.

sorceress
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Dani didn't say anything, but when Ana did it when Daniela went to throw her ball up, she stopped and CLEARLY WAS AGITATED!!! I'm glad that someone finally started pointing this out. Mary said its not an issue unless it becomes disturbing to the server. Venus said she didn't notice it and it didn't bother her but ya know what...if it does bother the server they need to complain about it. That would be like if Sharapova let out one of her shrieks or Serena one of her come ons or Justine one of her allez' during the service motion. I'm glad its being talked about because I noticed she didn't do it until the tiebreak with Venus yesterday.
You'd end up serving into the crowd:lol:

I didn't notice...damn.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:52 AM
:haha: espn keeps doing a cross view of when daniela is serving so we can witness ana's shoe shuffling

Tennisation
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:52 AM
seriously, that bitch needs to stop squeaking her shoes to distract her apponent's serve, it's fucking cheap. Win a point on ur own capability, not pulling shit like that.

Tennis Fool
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:53 AM
There was no complaint. I just watched it, it was about Daniela's feet on the serve.
No, it was about Ana's feet on Dani's serve ;)

SelesFan70
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:55 AM
It's annoying, but not gamesmanship. Please! :rolleyes:

Tennisstar86
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:57 AM
its def gamesmenship, she only does it when shes down... didnt start it till the tie break against Venus, and before people said she "moved back" to recieve the serve, but you notice in Danis serve she shes not moving, just shuffling her feet. definately gamesmenship... Hell anyone who plays tennis knows its

Juniors 101....

Infiniti2001
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:59 AM
It's annoying, but not gamesmanship. Please! :rolleyes:

Exactly!! This is not new ---I think it has more to do with the surface :shrug:

sfselesfan
Jan 24th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Actually, for those saying it's new it isn't. She did it through the entire Venus match. It bugged me to no end yesterday. I don't think it affected Venus though.

SF