PDA

View Full Version : GS Singles Titles: Williams Sisters 14; Serbia 0

lizchris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:57 AM
End of story.

BigBabeTENNIS
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:59 AM
ha the sisiters did not play that well all week in the auss lets get over it ha venus will shine in wimbledon

cypher_88
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:00 AM
bitterness is a bitch, ain't it? :wavey:

Derek.
Defensive much?

Wannabeknowitall
Wow. The first good thread you made this week. Bravo.

They haven't won shit and they might leave this slam with still a big zero, so who knows.

canuckfan
Stop living in the past ;)

PatrickRyan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:01 AM
Ana is only 20

Wannabeknowitall

It's not the past if Venus still holds in her possession a slam. :p

Serena!
Yeah something was clearly wrong with both of them, and they both got beaten by the serbs because of whatever was bothering them (more Serena). They'll come back healthy soon and win more grand slams.

bam.

Hayato
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:02 AM
WTAworld :haha:

This is a fine example of why I don't bother posting on here much anymore.

Savo
Pathetic thread. End of story...

lizchris
Ana is only 20

Venus had two slams by age 20; Serena 1

GoDominique
Poor lizchris, that's always her last resort when she's desperate and devastated. :hug:

drake3781
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:03 AM
OMG what a nasty thread to make. :help:

lizchris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:04 AM
Venusn is still the holder of the Wimbledon title and could defend.

Wannabeknowitall
WTAworld :haha:

This is a fine example of why I don't bother posting on here much anymore.

But you are now. :p

new-york
you know i'm gutted too but i'd rather be Britney's mental state than bitter.

the story goes on, and this chapter doesn't end with a Williams victory.

next one, please, quickly.

lizchris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:05 AM
OMG what a nasty thread to make. :help:

The truth is nasty, isn't it?:rolleyes:

DragonFlame
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:06 AM
lizchris has always been a retarded piece of shit that can not awknowledge other people's accomplishments when they beat her faves. Just don't pay any attention to the bitter hag.:)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:07 AM

She might be winning one in a few days time.... and maybe more by the end of the year.

BK4ever
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:08 AM
Liz, control yourself...no need to put yourself in gutter with the likes of GoDom

StZox
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:08 AM
Nobody diminishes their overall success in WTA, don't you think?
So there is no need for this thread.

Therefore, nobody can't diminish Jelena and Ana wins over the sisters at AO.

I agree that the sisters are great champions, but let people enjoy the present moment.

This thread is just pathetic. WIlliams' fans really can't take the loss.

lizchris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:09 AM
lizchris has always been a retarded piece of shit that can not awknowledge other people's accomplishments when they beat her faves. Just don't pay any attention to the bitter hag.:)

Because many people on this board (and in tennis) are resentful and jealous of the Williams sisters accomplishments. You can't deny that.

MagicMilan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:09 AM
Jelena beat Serena
Ana beat Venus
end of story :D

GoDominique
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:10 AM
Liz, control yourself...no need to put yourself in gutter with the likes of GoDom
:haha:

Yeah be careful lizchris!! Don't corrupt your high standards of posting here!!

lizchris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:11 AM
She might be winning one in a few days time.... and maybe more by the end of the year.
She'll probably have to beat Sharapova and the way Maria is playing, that isn't going to happen. If she can take out the world number one the way she did, I can't see Jelena or Ana wnning six games between the two of them againt Maria.

sfselesfan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:12 AM
Factor Seles in and it's 14/9.

SF

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:12 AM
Because many people on this board (and in tennis) are resentful and jealous of the Williams sisters accomplishments. You can't deny that.

This is true but if you haven't noticed the Venus fans have dissapeared.
I'm defending Venus as much as you. That would not have happened 2 years ago.
Shoot that probably wouldn't have happened a month ago. :lol:
It appears even they have given up on her sadly.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:13 AM
This tournament IMO was a positive for Venus, she's at her highest ranking in FIVE years and has had 3 consistent results at grandslams in a row. I just hope she recovers physically to improve her ranking even more because she has a huge opportunity to build on her ranking between now and Wimbledon.

Il Primo!
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:14 AM
Honestly, I think Lizchris's fact is right. As far as I'm concerned,the serbians put together only gathered 3 miserable games in GS final :shrug:

lizchris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:14 AM

SF

Actually, that would be 15/8 (Monica won her last GS as an American citizen)

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:16 AM
True, but someone is going to win their first or third Grand Slam Title. Can't we just congratulate the winners and move on. No one has defended their Grand Slam titles recently except for Justine. The true test is when a player can defend their GS titles. Yes, we can live in the past: we learn from it. The future is only something we can dream or imagine. So, yeah fans can live in the past if they want to because they are true and nothing can change it. So yay Williams - 14 slams, Serbians - 0 (unless one of them wins it all at the AO).

sfselesfan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:17 AM
Actually, that would be 15/8 (Monica won her last GS as an American citizen)

Ethnically Serbian. Don't be a bitch...give Serbia 9 to be fair.

SF

Marshmallow
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:18 AM
:lol: LizChris Nooooo! Venus fans like Venus are always gracious and classy even in defeat. The williams sisters remain > Serbian sisters :tape:, but Serena has some good things to look forward too in the form of Ana primarily. She's a fighter, and has a big game. I won't be surprised if it's WS 24, Serbia 1 by saturday night/sunday morning!

lizchris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:19 AM

SF

Don't be retarded; Monica playled under the US flag since late 1994/early 1995, so it doesn't matter who or what she is, she has been an American citizen since 1994.

lizchris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:21 AM
:lol: LizChris Nooooo! Venus fans like Venus are always gracious and classy even in defeat. The williams sisters remain > Serbian sisters :tape:, but Serena has some good things to look forward too in the form of Ana primarily. She's a fighter, and has a big game. I won't be surprised if it's WS 24, Serbia 1 by saturday night/sunday morning!

I would; I don't think the sisters can win 10 GS titles between tomorrow and Saturday.

DragonFlame
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:22 AM

Why would you think that when your fave loses people are resentful and jealous of their accomplishments? Venus is a great player and no one her is denying that. It doesn't mean she's unbeatable and it took a great match by a great player like ana to take her down. Same goes for serena/jankovic. They didn't lose to nobody's. Don't be so delusional and take this loss as something to learn from instead of presenting overwhelming facts to somehow show superiority. Give the serbs the credit they deserve. Everyone(let me rephrase that: Every sane person who can honestly appreciate someone's performance even when that person is not their fave) already gives the williams sisters the credit they deserve.

sfselesfan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:22 AM
Don't be retarded; Monica playled under the US flag since late 1994/early 1995, so it doesn't matter who or what she is, she has been an American citizen since 1994.

The only retarded thing here is the premise of this thread.

SF

Tennisstar86
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:24 AM

SF

Except Seles went half american......so her GS wouldnt count at all....:rolleyes: anyways... let Ivanovic actual win the title before we "jump" for joy.... Hantuchova held solid shockingly enough......

DemWilliamsGulls
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:25 AM
ha the sisiters did not play that well all week in the auss lets get over it ha venus will shine in wimbledon

Yeah they just didnt play well point blank. I know Venus and Serena can beat Jankovic and Ivanovic, but when you dont play well you loose. They are still seen as tennis legends reguardless of losing in this tournament...yeah it piss u off a little bit lol but they have accomplished a lot...Venus/Serena and her fans have NO SHAME...and when they do lose..they are hard to beat on top of that ;)

lizchris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:29 AM
Why would you think that when your fave loses people are resentful and jealous of their accomplishments? Venus is a great player and no one her is denying that. It doesn't mean she's unbeatable and it took a great match by a great player like ana to take her down. Same goes for serena/jankovic. They didn't lose to nobody's. Don't be so delusional and take this loss as something to learn from instead of presenting overwhelming facts to somehow show superiority. Give the serbs the credit they deserve. Everyone(let me rephrase that: Every sane person who can honestly appreciate someone's performance even when that person is not their fave) already gives the williams sisters the credit they deserve.

I didn't sayn Ana or Jelena were noones, but they are not GS winners either; each has two matches to win to claim that and some people on this board are already claiming that they will win. When Serena and Venus won their GS titles last year, I wasn't on this board proclaiming them the winner until they won the last point.

I also didn't say they weren't great players either; they were better than Venus and Serena at this tournament and are better players than they are now, but they are not beter careerwise than Venus or Serena so don't get it twisted.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:47 AM
Obviously the Williams sisters have both had tremendous careers. It is highly unlikely that either Ivanovic or Jankovic will come anywhere near to matching them when all four careers are done and dusted. I don't really suppose too many people on this board would argue this either.

But Venus Williams is 27. Serena Williams is 26. Jelena Jankovic is 22. Ana Ivanovic is 20. Very few Grand Slams are won past the age of 27. The past belonged to the Williams sisters but the future belongs to the Serbian girls. This tournament saw Jankovic and Ivanovic beat Serena and Venus Williams respectively. The Serbian girls are only going to continue to improve because that is what 20 and 22 year old tennis players do. On the other hand by 27 years old a tennis player is normally past their peak, yes they can sustain a high level of tennis for several years afterwards but one doesn't see alot of 27+ plus players winning Grand Slams. I don't doubt that both Williams sisters will continue to have spasmodic good results as long as they continue to play, but effectively their glory days are over.

Lizchris, you do not need to accept this, but if you do you will be spared a lot of disappointment and will be better able to enjoy their occasional future triumphs. And indeed regardless of what they do or don't achieve in the future, their past success has already established them as legends of the game and this legacy won't be taken away regardless of how much in decline they may be. Their legacy is safe. They don't need you to defend it.

But the bitterness you show in this thread doesn't reflect well on you and it won't stop the inevitable changing of the guard from taking place either. Nothing stays the same in tennis. Live in the past or live in the present. It's your choice.

lizchris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:56 AM
Obviously the Williams sisters have both had tremendous careers. It is highly unlikely that either Ivanovic or Jankovic will come anywhere near to matching them when all four careers are done and dusted. I don't really suppose too many people on this board would argue this either.

But Venus Williams is 27. Serena Williams is 26. Jelena Jankovic is 22. Ana Ivanovic is 20. Very few Grand Slams are won past the age of 27. The past belonged to the Williams sisters but the future belongs to the Serbian girls. This tournament saw Jankovic and Ivanovic beat Serena and Venus Williams respectively. The Serbian girls are only going to continue to improve because that is what 20 and 22 year old tennis players do. On the other hand by 27 years old a tennis player is normally past their peak, yes they can sustain a high level of tennis for several years afterwards but one doesn't see alot of 27+ plus players winning Grand Slams. I don't doubt that both Williams sisters will continue to have spasmodic good results as long as they continue to play, but effectively their glory days are over.

Lizchris, you do not need to accept this, but if you do you will be spared a lot of disappointment and will be better able to enjoy their occasional future triumphs. And indeed regardless of what they do or don't achieve in the future, their past success has already established them as legends of the game and this legacy won't be taken away regardless of how much in decline they may be. Their legacy is safe. They don't need you to defend it.

But the bitterness you show in this thread doesn't reflect well on you and it won't stop the inevitable changing of the guard from taking place either. Nothing stays the same in tennis. Live in the past or live in the present. It's your choice.

We went through this argument in 2004 when the Russians won thre of the four GS and what has happened since? Venus and Serena have won more GS each than Russia. We also went through this in 2006. All I am saying is that Venus and Serena accomplished a hell of a lot more at the ages of Ana and Jelena than Ana and Jelena have. I don't have to defend their legacy; their tickets were stamped for Newport since 2000. Let's see if the same can be said for the Serb players.

Hurley
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:05 AM
Actually, that would be 15/8

So...Monica is a Williams sister now? Because I'd have to guess she has a different father, then. :confused:

lizchris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:11 AM
So...Monica is a Williams sister now? Because I'd have to guess she has a different father, then. :confused:
She isn't, but some dumbass was trying to say that if you add Monica in the mix (apparently, she is Serbian), then the GS total would be 14/9, but I correted this person by saying that Monica was a US citizen when she won her last GS in 1996.

ninanina19
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:14 AM
I think this thread is justified and I'm a huge JJ fan. The WS are better and they just played bad matches. Not to say the Serbs didn't play well but a Serb at her best and a WS at her best, we all know who would win.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:18 AM
We went through this argument in 2004 when the Russians won thre of the four GS and what has happened since? Venus and Serena have won more GS each than Russia. We also went through this in 2006. All I am saying is that Venus and Serena accomplished a hell of a lot more at the ages of Ana and Jelena than Ana and Jelena have. I don't have to defend their legacy; their tickets were stamped for Newport since 2000. Let's see if the same can be said for the Serb players.

Yes, since 2004, both Williams sisters have added two Grand Slam trophies to their cabinet. And how many more do you think they will add from here on in. I think it is possible Venus might add one more perhaps but that would be about it. You may disagree. Let's wait and see. :)

On the other hand a player like Ana Ivanovic, while she is hardly likely to win anything like the amount of slams either of the Williams sisters have won, I do believe she has a good chance to claim at least a couple of slam titles, likewise Jankovic. Likewise two or three other young, currently trophyless players.

Are you going to be trolling these boards for years to come going "err...this Radwanska girl is no good at all, she has a mere two Slams, Serena had six by her age."?

thiskidhasit
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:20 AM
Williams Fans,

You guys are really going to devastated when they stop playing in 2-3 years aren't you? They are getting up there in age. Their bodies are breaking down on them more than ever (according to them). Ivanovic, Chakvetadze, Sharapova, Jankovic, Radwanska - those girls are the future of the game and are taking over as we speak.

I'm not saying this to mean - I'm a DIE HARD Hingis fan, and when she retired I was CRUSHED. But the game moves on, time moves on. If you love the game you will see things in all of the players you like. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket - start rooting and cheering for some of these younger girls, because in 2-3 seasons the Williams sisters will no longer be playing. Yeah, they have won 14 GS titles, but that number will not get much higher - not because of their ability, but because they are getting old guys and time doesn't stop for anyone.

DimaDinosaur
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:23 AM
this is really sad because the threadstarter was actually serious. lizchris definitely lost her mind.

Wojtek
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:26 AM
Omg :haha: lizchris is back. Like alwyas baby has bad dream because Williams sisters lost. Buhahahahahaha

Wojtek
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:27 AM
this is really sad because the threadstarter was actually serious. lizchris definitely lost her mind.
She/He wasn't normal. She needed help few year ago and nothing has change :help:

homogenius
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:31 AM
Too bad that players with 14 GS titles didn't manage to win at least one set against 2 non grand slam winners.

Hurley
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:32 AM
She isn't, but some dumbass was trying to say that if you add Monica in the mix (apparently, she is Serbian), then the GS total would be 14/9, but I correted this person by saying that Monica was a US citizen when she won her last GS in 1996.

Yes, but...but...but...your thread title says "Williams Sisters 14..." not "Americans 14..." So, even if you took one from the "Serbia" column away, you can't add it to the "Williams Sisters" column unless Monica is a Williams Sister.

Get it? Get it?

No? :confused:

rada
Too bad that players with 14 GS titles didn't manage to win at least one set against 2 non grand slam winners.

:lol:

Langers
Can't see Ana turning to acting during the middle of her career though.

égalité
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:38 AM
Well, my congrats. You can count. I'm still not sure how you didn't win TWAT.

mboyle
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:40 AM
Yeah something was clearly wrong with both of them, and they both got beaten by the serbs because of whatever was bothering them (more Serena). They'll come back healthy soon and win more grand slams.

bam.

That's what you guys always say. The point is, they're never coming back to where they once were. Never ever again. That era in history is over. They will win a few more slams between them, but they'll never dominate again.

Fingon
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:46 AM
End of story.

hmm, Venus reached her first slam final in 1997. Ivanovic was what? 10? Jankovic similar.

When Serena won her first title Ivanovic was 12.

The Serbians didn't come through until 2007, in that period it's Williams 2 Serbia 0, but while the Williams are near the end of their career, the Serbians are just starting.

I don't think it's end of story.

G1Player2
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:46 AM
That's what you guys always say. The point is, they're never coming back to where they once were. Never ever again. That era in history is over. They will win a few more slams between them, but they'll never dominate again.

And you think Maria will dominate? :rolleyes:

Buitenzorg
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:52 AM
By the way, how long have the Williamses been around on the tour? I ams ure 14 GS titles between Serena and Venus are between 1997-2007 (10 years)

We will see whether the Serbians can pass the Williamses on GS single titles recors

G1Player2
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:56 AM
:lol: At some of the Sharapova fans. Venus and Serena had accomplished WAY more at the same stage of their careers. :rolleyes:

égalité
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:58 AM
NOBODY is arguing that Ana and Jelena have accomplished more in their careers. :smash:

They're doing better at the 2008 Australian Open. Fucking get over it already. You don't have to take it as a personal insult whenever the Williams Sisters lose.

Marcus1979
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:04 AM
don't confuse Lizchris as part of the WS fans collective. She is like a rogue member and her views are not exactly shared among the rest of us. So please don't take her views and generalise the rest of the WS fans think the same. i.e saying WS fans don't give credit or are sore losers.
Its like reading something Sweet Cleopatra says and generalising across the board with Sharapova fans or something JustineTime said and generalise it with Henin fans.

sfselesfan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:50 AM

Dumbass, I know Monica was a US citizen in 1996. But she was never a Serbian citizen. It was Yugoslavia you f-ink moron! The Serbians lived in Yugoslavia with a bunch of other sub-groups. Just because Monica left the nation of Yugoslavia doesn't mean she quit being Serbian.

Geez. Get a clue.

SF

Utautai
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:53 AM
Wow..:speakles:
didn't know people can be so bitter till they need to come up with a thread like this. :o

A Magicman
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:54 AM
Monica was part of the Hungarian minority living in the Yugoslav federal state of Serbia's autonomous province Voivodina to get it straight.

Scotso
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:32 AM
Someone's a bit bitter.

faboozadoo15
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:50 AM

SF

Problem is, Seles isn't ethnically Serbian. She was Yugoslav through only nationality. You should know this.

Still, it's worth mentioning that someone from present day Serbia has won more than either Williams Sister.

faboozadoo15
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:17 AM

So stupid. Please read your own fucked up title again.

faboozadoo15
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:19 AM
And you think Maria will dominate? :rolleyes:

Looks likely.

faboozadoo15
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
Just because Monica left the nation of Yugoslavia doesn't mean she quit being Serbian.

Geez. Get a clue.

SF

Actually, she did. :tape:
Monica is Hungarian. She left Serbia/Yugoslavia, and never really looked back.
She now has dual citizenship with USA and Hungary.

G1Player2
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:23 AM
Looks likely.

:weirdo: After one match. Let's see if she can keep it up. Don't delude yourself. Remember, Venus and Serena had accomplished just as much as Maria had at this stage in their career. And Venus and Serena have both wiped the court with Maria even just last year. :wavey:

Convoluted
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:26 AM
Bitter!

End of story is the iches beat the williamses at AO quarters, both in straight sets as well. I'm a big fan of Venus, but can only applaud the feat. About time they had some slam succes.:p

Jakeev
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:26 AM
The truth is nasty, isn't it?:rolleyes:
The truth is you are still a sorry, snotty..........and I know it would have been hard for you to start a thread that actually gives props to the winners but you could of........

The truth is nasty all right............

faboozadoo15
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:46 AM
:lol: At some of the Sharapova fans. Venus and Serena had accomplished WAY more at the same stage of their careers. :rolleyes:

This will be fun.

What the HELL do Sharapova fans have to do with this thread?

And if you really want to get into that kind of comparison, here it is, bitch.

Maria (presently), <3 months shy of her 21st birthday.
Has 2 majors, 16 titles, and has held the #1 ranking

Serena (at that age)
Has 2 majors, 15 titles, and a high rank of #2.

Venus (at that age)
Has 2 majors, 16 titles, and a high rank of #3.

So please, check your facts, and shut the fuck up.

faboozadoo15
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:47 AM
:weirdo: After one match. Let's see if she can keep it up. Don't delude yourself. Remember, Venus and Serena had accomplished just as much as Maria had at this stage in their career. And Venus and Serena have both wiped the court with Maria even just last year. :wavey:

Maria has already won majors. You're talking about her like she's never done anything but beat Justine.

Let's see what Venus or Serena would have to say against Sharapova on the court this week.

:tape: Oh wait, we can't. Bitches got bounced.

G1Player2
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:52 AM
This will be fun.

What the HELL do Sharapova fans have to do with this thread?

And if you really want to get into that kind of comparison, here it is, bitch.

Maria (presently), <3 months shy of her 21st birthday.
Has 2 majors, 16 titles, and has held the #1 ranking

Serena (at that age)
Has 2 majors, 15 titles, and a high rank of #2.

Venus (at that age)
Has 2 majors, 16 titles, and a high rank of #3.

So please, check your facts, and shut the fuck up.

Oh please. :weirdo: Serena at that age had JUST won the French Open, and went on her way to win Wimbledon and win 4 majors in a row. Sharapova will not accomplish this. :lol: Don't try to pick that certain timeframe to devalue Serena's achievements. We will see if Maria can win all 4 majors in a row and actually win the French Open adn Wimbledon back to back that Serena was able to do BEFORE the age of 21. Sharapova is out of the running for that. Also, Venus had won 4 majors JUST after her 21st b-day. Maria will only be able to do that if she wins not only in OZ, but the French or Wimbledon as well. And, if Venus is on her side of the draw, history will repeat itself like it did in 2005 and 2007. :lol: :wavey:

fifiricci
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:53 AM
End of story.

Rarely have I seen a more infantile thread than this - despite the fact that you evidently can write and use a computer, I guess your mental age is that of a two year old, maybe a three year old on a good day?

:lol:

G1Player2
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:54 AM
Maria has already won majors. You're talking about her like she's never done anything but beat Justine.

Let's see what Venus or Serena would have to say against Sharapova on the court this week.

:tape: Oh wait, we can't. Bitches got bounced.

Everyone has their off days. No excuses for them. They lossed fair and square. Sharapova and the WS didn't face off this tourney though so its pretty pointless as to what they would say. They had PLENTY to say last year though. 9 games won in 3 matches says it all. :lol:

Also, Fabazoodoodoo. Serena and Venus actually have had a period of sustained dominance ie. winning multiple majors in a row, something Maria still has YET to do. :wavey:

ce
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:56 AM

faboozadoo15
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:16 AM
Oh please. :weirdo: Serena at that age had JUST won the French Open, and went on her way to win Wimbledon and win 4 majors in a row. Sharapova will not accomplish this. :lol: Don't try to pick that certain timeframe to devalue Serena's achievements. We will see if Maria can win all 4 majors in a row and actually win the French Open adn Wimbledon back to back that Serena was able to do BEFORE the age of 21. Sharapova is out of the running for that. Also, Venus had won 4 majors JUST after her 21st b-day. Maria will only be able to do that if she wins not only in OZ, but the French or Wimbledon as well. And, if Venus is on her side of the draw, history will repeat itself like it did in 2005 and 2007. :lol: :wavey:

You're the one who brought up the timeframe, you stupid ****.

Sharapova may very well win The Australian Open, and that would put her AHEAD of Serena in majors won at their ages.

We aren't talking about what's yet to come, however.

Serena didn't win all four majors before she turned 21. Not even close.

So Venus lost in the first round of a major during her "sustained dominance." Bitch please.

Please, go back down to your league before you get hurt.

G1Player2
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:21 AM
You're the one who brought up the timeframe, you stupid ****.

Sharapova may very well win The Australian Open, and that would put her AHEAD of Serena in majors won at their ages.

We aren't talking about what's yet to come, however.

Serena didn't win all four majors before she turned 21. Not even close.

So Venus lost in the first round of a major during her "sustained dominance." Bitch please.

Please, go back down to your league before you get hurt.

:weirdo: You're going off of weeks now. If Sharapova won the Austrailan Open she would be younger than Serena by about 2 weeks. THAT'S it! 2 weeks. :lol: No way can we distingiush them like that they would be virtually tied. Also, Serena HAD the career slam when she turned 21. Sharapova would need the FRENCH OPEN to dp that, shoudl she win, and we know she won't be doing that.

And, even if Venus lost in the first round of a major, Maria Sharapova lost in the 3rd round AS defending champion at the US Open, and lost in the 4th round at Wimbledon in straight sets. :lol: Remember, the same match that kept you in hiding for days? :lol:

faboozadoo15
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
You're the one that brought this shit up, and I happily slammed it down your throat. You can laugh all you want, but what you've posted in this thread has been nothing but a series of defelctions and incorrect facts presented as the truth. It's been a difficult day and a half for you, I know. It's good that you're venting on WTAworld and not harming others in any way, though. :)

You're either a liar, or you're desperate. Probably a dumb bitch too.

Take an Ambien and hit the sack, ho. Don't drink too much beforehand. :wavey:

CooCooCachoo
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:30 AM
:yawn:

Serena-rules-no1
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:30 AM
lizchris, you are a joke

rollup
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:33 AM
How long have the WS been playing to how long the Serbs been playing?

Xian
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:18 AM
after this week:

Williams still 14 :devil:
Serbia: we´ll see

Polikarpov
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:38 AM
I think we already know that.

Don't be so bitter, it's not like the Serbians are going to win 15 grand slams by the end of this year's AO. Who knows, it might still be zero in the end.

bellascarlett
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:53 AM
Why is Sharapova being talked about in this thread?????!!!!???? :haha:

GPlayer21 :weirdo:

mckyle.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:53 AM

SF

Add Mima Jausovic and it's 14/10 ;)

Just Do It
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:55 AM
End of story.

OMG how pathetic :o What's the point of this thread at all ?

Edward.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:20 AM
End of story.

You are such a fucking retard.

Honestly, shrivel up and disappear. Stop wasting my oxygen.

Medina
Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Defensive much?

They are Williams Fan.. They think they are the best :rolleyes:.. But meh what can you do.. :o