PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovic, The NEW world No. 2!!! What do u think about that, guys?

auah5
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:54 AM
Its the case if Jelena cant go much further in tourney ...
Anyway we will have player no.2 from serbia next week for sure!
Do you think she deserve it? :devil:
Well done Ana,
Looks like its a new era for Serbian tennis and end of williams domination... :cool:
I am not sure what williams fan will say about very poor performance from williams at this open... none of williams reached semifinal this AO 08.. and both are actually healthy..
:tape:

schorsch
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:56 AM
Are you sure thats already the case? If so it wont last for long as she'll lose all of her finalists points from Tokyo last year :devil:

danieln1
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:57 AM
Ana deserves much more than Sveta... Maybe Sveta is the player who spent less weeks in number 2! hahaha

auah5
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:00 AM
Updated Ranking after quaterfinal match:

1 Justin 6680
2 Ana 3876
3 Kuzzy 3775
4 Jankovic 3700
5 Anna 2720
----------------------------------------------------------------
6 Venus 2720
7 Maria 2706
8 Hantuchova 2677
9 Bartoli 2191
10 Serena 2023
--------------------------------------------------------------------
11 Dementieva 1985
12 Nadia 1912
13 Golovin 1852

So the only one can take no 2 from Ana is only Jankovic at the moment!
If Jelena Jankovic is going further than Ana then Jankovic will reach higher rank of 2 otherwise its Ana! Interesting...

svetaisthebest
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:01 AM
Sveta :sad: i hope she can get that spot back but if any other player was to deserve that spot it would be Ana so Congratz Ana :D

moby
Jelena may have something to say about that.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
She doesn´t deserve the number 2

Sveta was a worthy number 2 since she has 1 US Open and Miami under her belt

SvetaPleaseWin.
Ana deserves much more than Sveta... Maybe Sveta is the player who spent less weeks in number 2! hahaha

if so that record will soon be beaten by Ivanovic who has loads of points to defend

as ive said before-there isnt a clear #2, people are gonna say Sharapova is the real #2 after she wins the title but :shrug: Ana will have it if she out performs JJ, which she will

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:02 AM
AMAZING. i am SO proud of her and i hope she wins her first GS Title Saturday:) love her!

Milito22
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:03 AM
Congrats Ana!
Sveta :hug:

sammy01
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:05 AM
im quickly giving up on womens tennis! we have 3 players in the semi final of the oz open that i wouldn't in my wildest dreams call athletes, ontop of that dani hasn't beaten a top 25 player to get there. my only hope now is that jj wins the oz open. if this is going to be womens tennis from now on, who can hit it harder no matter how many mistakes they make, then its not for me. ana being #2 for me is worse than sveta because at least sveta can run. i feel inctredibly sad right now, tennis may as well nick the 6ft 4 inch girls that play volley ball now as technique and guile are a thing of the past.

SAEKeithSerena

lmao, you are so ridiculous. she obviously deserves it if she's EARNED the points you dumbass. also, Svetlana won that slam years ago as well as miami. plus, ana has made the semis of 3 out of the 4 last 4 slams. she more than deserves her ranking, mind you, the points prove it:kiss:

RND
Isn't Jelena to surpass Ana if Ana loses and Jelena wins? :confused:

Anyway,good wins for the Serbians. :yeah:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:06 AM
come on JJ!!!!!!!!!! SNATCH #2 away from Ana; you are more deserving!

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:06 AM
im quickly giving up on womens tennis! we have 3 players in the semi final of the oz open that i wouldn't in my wildest dreams call athletes, ontop of that dani hasn't beaten a top 25 player to get there. my only hope now is that jj wins the oz open. if this is going to be womens tennis from now on, who can hit it harder no matter how many mistakes they make, then its not for me. ana being #2 for me is worse than sveta because at least sveta can run. i feel inctredibly sad right now, tennis may as well nick the 6ft 4 inch girls that play volley ball now as technique and guile are a thing of the past.

today's matches were horrible :help:

rada
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:14 AM
Good luck to both Ana and Jelena

Dexter
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:16 AM
I think YAY, but it's not a given yet. Hold on.

sorceress
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:22 AM

I have to agree and as much as I enjoy watching Ana and think she's talented.
It's in my opinion that she needs a few years before she could be of the top caliber.

The top seeds have failed themselves,I think they know that though and hopefully they will learn from these mistakes.

Out of all left,the girls that should win the Aus Open are Maria and Jelena.

homogenius
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:27 AM

:spit:

StZox
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:40 AM
Of course that she deserves it - RG final, Wimbledon semifinal, AO at least semifinal, three titles in 2007.

spiritedenergy
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:45 AM

:bigwave: and please, never be back!

saniapower
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:47 AM
congrats Ana :yeah: :woohoo:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:51 AM
Ana Ivanovic... #2 player in the world? :scratch:

I LOVE IT. EVERY SINGLE MOMENT OF IT. :D

She deserve that spot 100%.... more show if she wins this Sat ;)

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
this thread is kind of :weirdo: at the moment because it's definitely not even guaranteed yet lol.

Sharakim
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:12 AM
Off topic, but how high does Maria climb in the rankings if she wins AO?

auah5
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:13 AM
Updated Ranking after quaterfinal match:

1 Justin 6680
2 Ana 3876
3 Kuzzy 3775
4 Jankovic 3700
5 Anna 2720
----------------------------------------------------------------
6 Venus 2720
7 Maria 2706
8 Hantuchova 2677
9 Bartoli 2191
10 Serena 2023
--------------------------------------------------------------------
11 Dementieva 1985
12 Nadia 1912
13 Golovin 1852

So the only one can take no 2 from Ana is only Jankovic at the moment!
If Jelena Jankovic is going further than Ana then Jankovic will reach higher rank of 2 otherwise its Ana! Interesting...
Firstly, I cant believe that ALL quaterfinal match went to two sets only...
If Ana goes to final and Jelena doesnt, Ana will be confirmed as a new no 2.
If Jelena goes to final but Ana doesnt, Jelena will be confirmed as a new no 2.
If both goes to final, Anna will still be ahead in term of rank and points and final will decide who is truely no 2!!!
I really wanna see All Serbian Final in Grandslam though!
If both lost in semi, Ana will be no 2 and Jelena stays as no 4.

If Maria goes to final and Dani doesnt, Maria will stay as no 5.
If Daniela goest to final and Maria doesnt, Dani will return to no.5 after years away from it!
If both goest to final, Maria will stay in no 5 and Dani will be no 6 and the winner of two in final will battle for no 5 spot!
If both lost in semi, Maria will be no 7 and Dani will be no 8.
Interesting.. So its ranking battle between Ana vs Jelena and Maria vs Daniela. :eek:
And court battle between Ana vs Daniela and Jelena vs Maria.. :lol:

Hurley
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:14 AM

She will climb from #5 to #5.

auah5
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:21 AM

She will stay as no 5 even she win the tourney.
Its because huge gap point between top 2-4 players and top 5-8 rank!!! :eek: :tape: :help:
HUGE GAP! ...

Pasta-Na
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:22 AM
congratulations.

Aaron.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:22 AM
Ana hasnt inpressed me yet Venus was able to still hang in with her even after playing the worst match of her life

Pasta-Na
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:24 AM
the best chance for ana to win her first G.S in 2008.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:18 AM
Ana will drop back to 4 the week after it, if she loses tomorrow.

Renalicious
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
End of the Williams domination? This what had been said in 2005, 2007 and now 2008. How many times must they prove you wrong? Seriously, keep your fingers to yourself before you type something foolish like this. Ooooh one bad tournament from the Williamses. So what? Last year in the Aus Open Jelena reached the fourth round and got killed by Serena, and Ivanovic lost in like...the third round. Even at the 2007 US Open both Williamses and better showings than the Serbians.

I don't get how you could say with so much confidence that it is 'the start of a new era'. Justine is still way ahead of Ana/Jelena and is the clear number one. Last year all the slam champions were ether a WS or Justine, there's no new era here, it's just a bad tournament.

They're champions and they'll find a way to climb back again. I have nothing against Serbians - they're great players but are far from the WS.

auah5
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:26 PM
Its the beginning for serbian tennis I believe. Its great to see Ana finally proved people wrong too that she doesnt deserve her rank. In fact now She proved it at least that she was better than Venus earlier today. As well as Jelena, she proved yesterday that she was better than Serena. OMG, Serbians is 2-0 again williams at AO 08.. I just realized that! X_X'' Amazing..
Good Luck for Ana and Jelena tomorrow..

Veritas
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
ana being #2 for me is worse than sveta because at least sveta can run.

Being able to "run" isn't the only prerequisite for world #2 :lol:

And what was Kuznetsova's claim to the #2 spot last year? Compare her record to that of Ana's, and her case is less than compelling.

auah5
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Being able to "run" isn't the only prerequisite for world #2 :lol:

And what was Kuznetsova's claim to the #2 spot last year? Compare her record to that of Ana's, and her case is less than compelling.
agree :kiss:

Poova
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:46 PM
Well Maria is the real #2 as she proved yesterday, but whatever. Ana should enjoy while it lasts. :)

Matt01
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
End of the Williams domination? This what had been said in 2005, 2007 and now 2008. How many times must they prove you wrong?

I think you are useing the wrong term here. The Williams domination is indeed over and will probably not come back again.

slamchamp
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:53 PM
Maria is the real nº2, but anyway congratz Ana..enjoy it for a few weeks :)

Dave.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:53 PM
End of the Williams domination? This what had been said in 2005, 2007 and now 2008. How many times must they prove you wrong? Seriously, keep your fingers to yourself before you type something foolish like this. Ooooh one bad tournament from the Williamses. So what? Last year in the Aus Open Jelena reached the fourth round and got killed by Serena, and Ivanovic lost in like...the third round. Even at the 2007 US Open both Williamses and better showings than the Serbians.

I don't get how you could say with so much confidence that it is 'the start of a new era'. Justine is still way ahead of Ana/Jelena and is the clear number one. Last year all the slam champions were ether a WS or Justine, there's no new era here, it's just a bad tournament.

They're champions and they'll find a way to climb back again. I have nothing against Serbians - they're great players but are far from the WS.

Williams domination ended in 2003. They are still amongst the best but it is clear Ana and Jelena are ahead of them now.

As for Ana being number 2. It is amazing! She is one of the few talented players from her generation. She fully deserves it and genuinely is the best player behind Henin if she reaches the final.

Wuornos
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Its the case if Jelena cant go much further in tourney ...
Anyway we will have player no.2 from serbia next week for sure!
Do you think she deserve it? :devil:
Well done Ana,
Looks like its a new era for Serbian tennis and end of williams domination... :cool:
I am not sure what williams fan will say about very poor performance from williams at this open... none of williams reached semifinal this AO 08.. and both are actually healthy..
:tape:

No, I don't think she does deserve it yet. The offiical ranking methodology is far to volatile.

In my opinion the real world number 2 at the moment should be Maria Sharapova.

Just my opinion.

Tim

Ana&Jelena Fan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
It`s not sure that Ana is next No2, but next No2 will be from Serbia. And that is awesome. We`re so proud to have girls like Ana and JJ are.

lecciones
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
If that will happen that is great!! Go Ana Go!

SharapovaFan16
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
The only Serbian tennis player that is going to win a Grand Slam in the next 2-3 years is Novak Djokovic hands down. The Serb's aren't taking over the WTA Tour, and won't come close. Sure they'll make some nice runs in majors, but they are not slam material. Jankovic is one of my favs, but this is probably the best chance she'll have to win a Slam. Both of the Serbs.

MisterMan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
The fact that the tournament ends in a few days and we could have 3 Serbs in the finals and another one who took Federer to 10-8 in the fifth set...
It may be their time to shine.

Ana's game is very often brilliant.

justine schnyder
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
:o :sad:

Bartoli is higher ranked than Serena!! :tape: :o

loppy
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
I'll love to see an all-Serbian final and have Ana and JJ fight it out on centre court for the ranking. :worship:

goldenlox
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Ana deserves the #2 more than Sveta.
You can't lose to Aga at a major and be #2.
It happened to Sharapova at the USO, and to Sveta here.

Expat
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
maria will stay at no 5 if she wins

Kipling
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
maria will stay at no 5 if she wins

Wow, that's a bummer, given how well she's played here. But I guess she'll have her chances to pile on the points this Spring, since she lost so many in that stretch last year.

Poova
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
:o :sad:

Bartoli is higher ranked than Serena!! :tape: :o
Bartoli - GS final.
Serena - Tier I title, fuck all else.

Seems logical to me. :)

Tenis Srbija
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
If she Janković gets one step further than Ana, she will be NO 2...
I wouldn't jump now... Important thing is that from next week NO 2 is Serbian :)