PDA

View Full Version : AO QF : [4] Ana Ivanovic (SRB) Def. [8] Venus Williams (USA) 7-6 6-4

LindsayRulz
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:50 AM
Ana :worship:

Venus :sad:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:51 AM
Wow, LR your quick!

Amazing win for ana! Women's tennis will thrive with ana and Masha playing in semi's!

guapogreg08
fuck

TheBoiledEgg
oh :yeah: :woohoo: :banana: :D

well done Ana ;) :kiss:
now we have a great s-final lineup

strictennis
Well done!

Shoulderpova
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:52 AM
so another GS final for Ivanovic. Congrats I guess

F-R-E-A-K
:woohoo:

Congrats, Ana :kiss: :hearts:

I really hope for a Sharapova vs Ivanovic AO 08 final. :drool:

Lunaris
Well done, Ana. A well deserved victory. Expect many threads about Venus playing crap etc.

Cakeisgood
too bad for Vee :(

But luckily, this win makes a Masha win significantly more feasible.

random fan
amazing

TheBoiledEgg
Ana moves to Prov #2 in world :)

sfselesfan
Nice fight and grit from Ana. A scratchy match, but a well deserved win for Ana. I don't think Venus' leg wrap affected play at all.

Great job Ana.

SF

Il Primo!
Venus was injured. Ana's lucky. Dani can beat her, I hope so.

cypher_88
:woohoo: no Williamses :woohoo:
weelll done Ana :kiss: :kiss:

Marshmallow
Ana Ivanoic was simply better. Slow start from Venus, better play in the second, but Ana was too solid. She has a great chance to win this slam.

Best of luck in the final... she just can't lose in the semi!!!!

treufreund
The Aussie Open still eludes Venus. Well done, Ana!

DownTheLine21
The first set was very ugly from both players. Venus was playing horribly, and Ana couldn't capitalize on it. In the second set, however, both women raised their games. Ana was playing very aggressively, and forced many errors from Venus. She was hitting very well from both wings.

Newsflash to the competition: The backhand is not weak anymore!

3RD SF IN THE LAST 4 GRANDSLAMS!!!!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Already in da final . Sad but true

BigBabeTENNIS
vensu cud not handle the power to day

champion88
Ana Vs. Masha Final :drool:

Lucyxx
Without Serena in attendance, Venus isn't the same player.

Ana didn't have to do too much today.

Josh.
ana! congrats.

serbia def USA 2-0 :lol:

starin
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:53 AM
:worship: Ivanovic. really picked up her game in that last few games.

Venus just never could consistently find her form. She only really played well for 2-3 games.
Only 4 groundstroke winners for Venus :eek:
Like I said Venus is getting older and can't consistenlty bring out her best form. She never really played well during this tournament.

DemWilliamsGulls
Man Venus didnt deserve to win..it was time for her to go playing the way she did. She's been too patchy all tournament. Ivanovic game is very beatable..Venus was very flat, first serve wasnt good, she never rose to the ocassion like we had hope..I would rather somebody who has worked hard on their game with fight move on than to just simply see venus struggle through the rest of the tournament when we know she can play better. Congrats to Ana on her first win though ;) I still love my girls...they gotta do better though. Well I gotta now turn to my alternate Williams sister....this is Jepova's tournament to lose now!

kiwifan
I hope she wins the whole thing. :angel:

oleada
Serbia 2 Williams 0 :help:
Missed most of the first set, which by the looks of it is a good thing.
Ana played very well in the final game of the match.

cartmancop
Tough luck Venus...back to the drawing board :(

Good job Ana, best of luck in the SF :D

Brett.
Well Done, Ana :yeah: Win the title, baby! :hearts:

Summer_Snow
OMG Vee...What's wrong?

IceHock
Wuhooo, out of all the 4 semifinalits i'll be happy for any of them, I like them all.

hingisGOAT
That first set was one of the worst sets I've ever seen :help:

But from 3-0 down in the second :drool: Ana blasted Venus off the court :)

Now for the integrity of the tour, plz don't lose to Hantuchova

jfk
That was the best serving out a match I've seen in some time in a match like that. Wow.

Ana played terribly until the last two games. I hope she doesn't get too satisfied with this performance. Daniela is way steadier than Venus and will beat Ana if she plays as inconsistently as she did tonight. Ana was basically hit or miss....no in between.

Regardless - GO ANA!!!!!!!!

Marshmallow
But Venus' volleys :help:!!!!!!!

spiritedenergy
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:54 AM
:worship:

Ana... I will NEVER forget.:sobbing:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Ajde Ana! :D Really, really nice match despite all those errors. Venus was so terrible at the net, but as always very gracious in defeat :worship:

DavenportForever
Congratulations Ana! :)

I'm so proud of her!

samsam4087
Well done Ana

Dexter
You've done it, Ana! :hug:
Finally a win over Venus and in straight sets too. I know Venus was horrible, made some dreadful mistakes... Ana wasn't that impressive either.

strictennis
Daniela to take down Ana in the Semis! Too bad I can't watch! Need to work. I predicted all the Quaterfinal winners! WOW!

AAT
What a boring match :yawn:

Derek.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:55 AM
Venus. :o
That's the worst I've seen her move in quite some time. She was slow to get up to short balls and volleys. Often struggled to put them away or just plain messed them up.

Congrats to Ana who held her nerve quite well. :yeah:

Infiniti2001
I'm disappointed that Vee lost :sad: but happy it was Ana and not anyone else who sent her packing :lol: Congrats Ana :yeah: Vee :SMH:

The Daviator
Anaaaaaa! :banana: :woohoo: What a win! Play was dodgy at times, but she was so strong, saved 2 BPs in that final game with great serves :worship:

Now win the title! :rocker2: Vee :hug:

Ben.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:56 AM
:woohoo: Cannot believe it, I'am so happy & proud for you Ana & this has to be one of the best performances of your young career :yeah: Big chance for her now to reach her 2nd GS final but one match at time though. I'm just speechless & excited :bounce: :bounce:

Vee :hug:

mdterp01
If Venus had to lose to someone, I have no issues with it being Ana!!! :hearts:

Great job Ana!!! It was not a good match statistically but the offseason work Ana has put in has paid off. She is much better than those Wimbledon and US Open matches with Venus and it has paid off!! Great win for tennis. The new guard is taking over baby!!! :worship:

Stamp Paid
Ana wow, she held so fucking tough in that last game. Congratulations.

LDF
Disappointing performance, Venus :(

Congrats to Ana though, she remained composed until the end and deserved the win :yeah:

So, we have our semis:

Sharapova v Jankovic
Ivanovic v Hantuchova

Who'd have thought that would be the line-up at the start of the tournament? :eek:

LeRoy.
Great play from Ana :yeah:

Venus - backhand ? :confused:

Sebastien123
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:57 AM
she can take that title, no doubt :yeah:

BK4ever
Ana :woohoo: :bounce: :bounce:

She better make final now!!!!

Venus :sad: She has not looked good all week and today she met someone who took advantage. Still lack of variety on her serve continues to bring her game down :smash:

new-york
ana did well, she was better today.

venus was the usual venus.
patchy.

DOUBLEFIST
Congrats to Ana. She deserved the win. She took it to Venus from the jump.

It time for some real soul searching in House of Williams.

najad
venus:help::tape:

she was playing bad , she wasn't into the match and she missed her chances for a 3rd set at 3-0 but toiday the best player won and it was clearly ana so congrats and venus good luck for the next tournament.
now i'm rooting for sharapova!!!

RenaSlam.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:58 AM
Ana was mentally tougher in this match. Congrats to her, I hope she takes the AO.

Venus, rest up. This year is young and people are already writing off both Williamses. I am shocked at how stupid most of the people on this message board are.

svetaisthebest
Congratz Ana:worship::bounce::bounce:Good Luck in your semis against Daniela :D

Bad Luck Venus :sad:

40-0
This was a great match, really Intense.
Venus play fierce tennis against ivanovic, ivanovic just better on big points today.
Venus= no confidence at net, only at wimbledon of course.
Great great match, i wanted Ivanovic to win because i knew Venus wasnt great with that left leg, she couldnt even set up well or her serve and backhand , ivanovic knew it, she attacked. I think personally i wouldnt handle to see Venus beaten in a final because of not feeling good!

Good Win Ivanovic! This is ur time!
Ivanovic vs Sharapova final.

Lindsayfanumber1
Ana :bounce:
:hearts:

racquetandballs
Having seen all the QF's, it really is hard to go past Maria.

Kobra
Two serbian players in SF, embarrassing AO.

Congrats Ana.

Talita Kumi
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:59 AM
:bounce:Vamos Anita! :D
Venus :hug:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Venus played crap :fiery:
not too surprising given thats she been dodgy throughout the tourny

SAEKeithSerena
i am SO proud of ana...i knew she could do this. and how about her being the new world number 2?!? AMAZING. congrats babydoll, you can WIN this title!!!!!!

junlee_vee
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:00 AM
Well done Ana! :)

That should have at least gone to a third Venus!:mad:

cometz9
Congrats to Ana :hearts: :worship: first win over Venus and 1st SF appearance in Australia. I hope she wins her first Grand Slam title here :yeah: This win will give her lots of confidence.

Venus :sobbing: :mad: well i'm a little disappointed but she lost to Ana who i like also so it's a win-win situation. Can't wait to see her play in Doha :D

IceSkaTennisFan
What a fugly match. Congrats Ivanovic.

Linnie
Ana :banana: :yeah:

Venus :hug:

loppy
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:01 AM
Well done Ana! Congratulations!! :bigclap::bigclap:

saniapower
Ana vs Sharapova final
Sharapova the winner

starin
ana did well, she was better today.

venus was the usual venus.
patchy.

lol yup pretty much sums it up. It was a typical Venus match. Just played really dodgy at times. Couldn't get herself to play consistently well. And even more importantly she couldn't play the aggressive way she usually does. Just didn't have the confidence in her shots that she usually does. Basically she played the same way she did all tournament long. Kind of a disappointment but Venus did well to get to her first AO QF in 5 years :worship:

One thing for Ivanovic: :tape: She should have been up 5-0 in that first set. Venus was playing terrible tennis.

V's a star
How come Venus cant hit hard?????? Time for another new racket

bellascarlett
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:02 AM
Congrats to Ivanovic. She played quite well in the end and was very determined. Jelena just can't get ahead, huh? :lol:

Venus....terrible...horrible...:help:

saniapower
congrats Ana :yeah:

jonnyroyale_13
Staying alive, its all that counts. ANA!!!!!!!!!!!:worship::worship::worship::worship:

BigBabeTENNIS
venus you played ok but she looked off all week anna was to good today

Infiniti2001
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:03 AM
Ana Ivanoic was simply better. Slow start from Venus, better play in the second, but Ana was too solid. She has a great chance to win this slam.

Best of luck in the final... she just can't lose in the semi!!!!

Indeed! Venus did not deserve to win this match... I hope Ana can go all the way :worship:

sweetpeas
gOOD JOB ana...It will be Jelena and Ana final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F-R-E-A-K

BigBabeTENNIS
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:04 AM
hey venus moves up the rnkings ha

saniapower
Henin, Venus, Serena era ending
Sharapova, Jelena, Ana, Sania era starting

cancelled1
I was more prepared for Venus' loss than Serena's so this wasn't as painful but still stings quite a bit. Oh well. I guess the sisters will be written off again. But they play better that way:devil:. Hope Ana wins the tournament. Can't stand the other players remaining.
She played very well and should not be discredited.

keirana332
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:05 AM
Ana :) Wow, who would have expected this semifinal line up?
A messy match, but she pulled through with flair :worship:

Frode
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:05 AM
:hearts:A:inlove:N:inlove:A:hearts:

ilovethewilliams
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:06 AM
Pathetic.. Serena and Venus didn't show up in the QF. Too bad.. this australian open is a rap for me..

BigBabeTENNIS
Great fight Venus!

Not at your best physically or game wise and
yet never gave up and fought to the end.

Now time to take so rest and
recoup the body for the next

LANGAM
Disapponting that Vee lost. I really thought this would be her year to take AO. Anyway well done Ana. Now please take this tournament.

Radix2
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:08 AM
Good win for the beautiful Ana. Now all she has to do is remain focus and win the title. That would be a great day for women's tennis.

franny
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:09 AM
I am so proud of all the young guns. Last year they were constantly being beaten by the older generation. They sure have made a big splash at the year's first major!

Fidello
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:11 AM
Congratulations Ana :worship:
Sorry Venus

stevos
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:11 AM
I agree that Venus didn't deserve to win this. She didn't show much that would give me hope she'd come back and take it. Some of her missed volleys and swinging volleys were sickening.

Wow, for any of the Semi-finalists, this Grand Slam will be a huge win/breakthrough! That's exciting. Only one Grand Slam champion, and no previous Australian Open winners (although both of those left yesterday).

I'm over it.

karin1492
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:12 AM
Venus's net play really let her down today. She had two easy backhand volleys, including set point, in the tiebreak and she shanked them badly. She NEVER makes those misses at Wimbledon.

All credit to Ivanovic, though. She played beautifully when she needed to, and her forehand was the big difference in the match. It was dominant at times on big points.

Adje Ana!!!!!!!!! Win the semi and take the title!!!!!!!!!

V-MAC
Well done, Ana. A well deserved victory. Expect many threads about Venus playing crap etc.

Nope Ana played well and deserved her win so congrats to her :) She was more solid on serve and that last game underlined that.

Venus - nice battle. Here's to a great rest of the season :bounce:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
:worship::worship::worship::bigclap::bounce::rocke r::banana::rocker2::banana::aparty::yippee::yippee :

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
I know it wasn't the best match, but that's not important now.

ANA BEAT VENUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bounce::bounce:

Now people can shut up with the: she will always easily lose Venus easily.

Ana made a lot of errors too, but her game plan was the right one. Different than the other matches here.
It's just the first win and more will follow.
Probably 2nd next Monday and maybe it will be another FINAL!

You did it girl!

AJDE!!!!!!!!!!

Pheobo
this is the best grand slam ever. Kuznetsova, Henin, and the Williams Sister all out before the semis? :) :bounce:

With Dani and Jelena in the semis, too! :D

Marshmallow
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:13 AM
I'm disappointed that Vee lost :sad: but happy it was Ana and not anyone else who sent her packing :lol: Congrats Ana :yeah: Vee :SMH:

I agree. I'm disappointed Venus lost, but not THAT disappointed because Ana was so sweet and so gracious, even in her interview at the end. Lots of praise for Venus, not in the least bit cocky.

I really hopeshe makes that break through here... Don't disappoint please... i will not tolerate you beating my fav and then playing like crap after... !

vw.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:13 AM
I was impressed with Ana's composure, especially winning 4 straight points after being down 15-40 serving for it. She definitely has a bright future ahead of her, and this was definitely a win that could spark some even better play in the future. Her come ons and fist pumps after every point does annoy me though. :o

Too bad for Venus, a better start to the match might've made this result different. A hold somewhere in there and the first set is probalby in the pocket. And too bad she couldn't hold onto the break lead in the 2nd. But that's tennis. I'm not overly disappointed, cuz now I can study for exams without any distractions. :help::tape: and as long as Venus can defend Wimbledon this year, I'll be happy. ;)

StZox
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:14 AM
Great victory, Ana!!!!!!!!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::boun ce:
A well deserved win. Some really amazing shots from both players.
Now reach the final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hectopascal
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:14 AM

:haha: Nice joke! Mirza's good, but not in the same league as Sharapova and co.

starin
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:15 AM
i agree w/ people Venus did not deserve to win this match. I said that to myself after the 1st set. But I still hoped she would pull it out. If Ivanovic loses to Hantuchova :o

Pheobo
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:15 AM
this is the best grand slam ever. Kuznetsova, Henin, and the Williams Sister all out before the semis? :) :bounce:

V-MAC
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:16 AM

There's always next year:D :armed:

requiem
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:16 AM
:hearts: Anči :hearts:

So Venus finally beaten by Ana.
Hope to see that more often.

starin
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:17 AM
:haha: Nice joke! Mirza's good, but not in the same league as Sharapova and co.

lol i saw that too. I was like Sania wtf is that. I guess she'll be in that era but she'll be more of a decorative ornament rather than center stage.

V-MAC
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:19 AM
Well on a positive note it is nice to see all my fellow Vee fans acting gracious in defeat. See haters, no excuses.

starin
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:19 AM
Venus's net play really let her down today. She had two easy backhand volleys, including set point, in the tiebreak and she shanked them badly. She NEVER makes those misses at Wimbledon.

All credit to Ivanovic, though. She played beautifully when she needed to, and her forehand was the big difference in the match. It was dominant at times on big points.

Adje Ana!!!!!!!!! Win the semi and take the title!!!!!!!!!

didn't have set points. But she did net quite a few volleys and most of them came at crucial times.
Ana really did play wonderfully at the end of the match but not at the beginning :tape:

rollup
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:20 AM
She did it!!! Well done Ana!

Now go win your first Grand Slam :woohoo:

njnetswill
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:21 AM

StZox
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:22 AM
I adore Ana's will, determination and fighting spirit - all the characteristics of a real champion!!!!!!!!!!!

AJDE ANA - win the title!!!!!!!!

A well deserved win

saniapower
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:24 AM
Congrats Ana :yeah:

LucasArg
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:26 AM
Venus :sad: :sad: :sad:

~Eclipsed~
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:29 AM
Nice win Ana! :)

Disappointed to see Venus lose, but at least she didn't play that badly.:sad:

HeninFan_2008
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:31 AM
Oh FUck yeah.

NeeemZ
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:31 AM
Ana has not lost a set en route to the Semis. Great job!

Kobra
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:35 AM
Ana has not lost a set en route to the Semis. Great job!

Wow...Masha, too, but her draw is 10x harder. Also, that mustn't say something, by Sharapova and Ivanovic.

Archer16
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:36 AM
Great win for Ana :worship: She played with great composure in the latter stages of the match. I was lucky enough to miss most of the 1st set :p
I think beating Venus is bigger for her than Daniela getting to the SF with a relatively comfortable draw.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:42 AM
:sobbing: I've never been much happier in my life... my 3 angels (Maria, Daniela and Ana) and one of my faves Jelena are in the semis....

Adje Ana!!! :yeah: :bounce:

This is a sign.. .a good sign... that the Young Guns / Bloods are making their presence felt in the WTA. Which is a very, very good thing!

tonythetiger
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:42 AM
If Venus had to lose to anyone, I'm ok with it being Ana. However, Venus' injury definately hindered her play, especially in the first set. I don't think a healthy Venus would have lost that match. I'm rooting for Ana to win the whole thing, but I do hate that annoying fist pump she does.

smit101
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:44 AM
:woohoo: Great win from Ana...3 of my favourites in the semi's which is awsome hope Jelena wins so i am assured of 2 of my favourites in the final!

winone23
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:48 AM
Take it next time Venus. Congrats to Dani and Ana may one of them take it!

dybbuk
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:49 AM
No doubt Venus was off her game, but I have seen her play much worse than that, and Ana wasn't great for most of the match either. Neither player ever hit their stride for more than a game or two at a time, and Ana gets full credit for being the one who took better advantage of her opponents mistakes and holding her nerve when it mattered. She's slowly breaking down the barriers doubters never said she would pass. :drool:

Ajde Ana!

treufreund
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
Ana was mentally tougher in this match. Congrats to her, I hope she takes the AO.

Venus, rest up. This year is young and people are already writing off both Williamses. I am shocked at how stupid most of the people on this message board are.

OMG, didn't you get the memo? Justine and Williams are in decline. ;):rolleyes::lol:

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:56 AM
I have no words for Venus other than PATHETIC! :weirdo:

She probaby could have won this match if she wasn't dead the first half of the first set and the second half of the second. :rolleyes: Just pitiful really. I give credit to Ana who really did take her chances but if Venus would've showed any fight she would've won. Venus had 15-30 or better the last 4 times Ana served and never broke. I don't care howw many slams she won or what she's done, she is NOT mentally strong, she's weak.

Say goodbye Venus to your best chance ever to win the Australian Open. :wavey:
Should I congratulate Sharapova in advance? :shrug:

Ana's ajde's, fist pumps, and screams after every won point were really annoying btw. :o

V-MAC
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:05 AM

She probaby could have won this match if she wasn't dead the first half of the first set and the second half of the second. :rolleyes: Just pitiful really. I give credit to Ana who really did take her chances but if Venus would've showed any fight she would've won. Venus had 15-30 or better the last 4 times Ana served and never broke. I don't care howw many slams she won or what she's done, she is NOT mentally strong, she's weak.

Ana's ajde's, fist pumps, and screams after every won point were really annoying btw. :o

I was hoping this kind of post would be avoided :(

Princeza
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:08 AM
omg this is my tournament , 3 fave/4 players
:worship: Ana :inlove:

Aaron.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:09 AM

Ana's ajde's, fist pumps, and screams after every won point were really annoying btw. :o I totally agree with you Venus is so fucking stupid today I thought Ana was the expierenced veteran.

Venus had 4 ground stroke winners and like 30 unforced errors worst match from her ive ever seen and believe me ive seen the Pironkova and Sesil match I have never been so dissapointed in Venus until today she had 0 backhand winners wtf? :help:

Venus really could have made the final here but she fucks up her easy draw as usual

Venus's last chance at a slam are Wimbledon this year :wavey:

DownTheLine21
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:11 AM
I totally agree with you Venus is so fucking stupid today I thought Ana was the expierenced veteran.

Venus had 4 ground stroke winners and like 30 unforced errors worst match from her ive ever seen and believe me ive seen the Pironkova and Sesil match I have never been so dissapointed in Venus until today she had 0 backhand winners wtf? :help:

Venus really could have made the final here but she fucks up her easy draw as usual

If Venus's last chance at a slam are Wimbledon this year :wavey:

Venus did not play that bad. She had 30 unforced errors. Are you forgetting the matches where she had 80+?

Aaron.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:12 AM
Venus did not play that bad. She had 30 unforced errors. Are you forgetting the matches where she had 80+? I rather Venus have 50 winners and 80 unforced errors then 4 winners and 30 unforced errors :wavey:

treufreund
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:14 AM

Uhhhh, Sania is not there yet... Venus beat here ya know...

Marshmallow
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:17 AM

Wimbledon. 4-0.

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:19 AM
I was hoping this kind of post would be avoided :(

What's wrong with what I said? :shrug:

Venus did not play that bad. She had 30 unforced errors. Are you forgetting the matches where she had 80+?

:spit: I have NEVER seen Venus move that poorly and she was in a bitchy mood the whole tournament. :o
I wouldn't go as far to rank this with Sesil and Pironkova but by no means did Venus play anything other than terrible. :o Her backhand and volleys on the important points were absolutely positively expialaTROCIOUS! :o

spencercarlos
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:19 AM
I rather Venus have 50 winners and 80 unforced errors then 4 winners and 30 unforced errors :wavey:
-30 can´t be better than -26 as ratio :lol:

Aaron.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:21 AM
-30 can´t be better than -26 as ratio :lol: When has Venus won a match with 4 ground stroke winners?

Venus beat Hingis in warsaw a few years back with like 40 winners and 80 UFE

spencercarlos
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:24 AM
When has Venus won a match with 4 ground stroke winners?

Venus beat Hingis in warsaw a few years back with like 40 winners and 80 UFE
Actually Venus had around 60 winners in that day against Hingis on clay, not 40... but yeah 4 ground stroke winners are way too low, this was a 7-6 6-4 match even Henin had more winners against Sharapova in a shorter match.

spencercarlos
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:26 AM

:spit: I have NEVER seen Venus move that poorly and she was in a bitchy mood the whole tournament. :o
I wouldn't go as far to rank this with Sesil and Pironkova but by no means did Venus play anything other than terrible. :o Her backhand and volleys on the important points were absolutely positively expialaTROCIOUS! :o
Sesil´s RG match was plain ridiculous, that was her worst i have ever seen her on a tennis court. Today was bad but nothing (i belive) can match that experience against Sesil.

V-MAC
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:27 AM
^^^^
Haven't seen you in a while Spencercarlos. Good to have you back :wavey:

dwynn10
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:32 AM
Venus. :o
That's the worst I've seen her move in quite some time. She was slow to get up to short balls and volleys. Often struggled to put them away or just plain messed them up.

Congrats to Ana who held her nerve quite well. :yeah:

It was a deadly dull match. Neither one of them could hold serve for much of the 1st set if their lives depended it on it (gag). Ivanovic has really got to develop some more mental toughness and consitency. Venus could easily have dispatched her had her own game held a bit steadier. What's wrong with the Williams sisters nowadays? Their game and will to win just seemed to have withered away. They look ordinary now.

Marshmallow
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:33 AM

:lol: This post just made me laugh out loud. Not because it's ridiculous or anything, it's just funny. :hug: Thanx for that! :D

spencercarlos
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:33 AM
^^^^
Haven't seen you in a while Spencercarlos. Good to have you back :wavey:
I am busy with work but hung around here while on this thread http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=328275&page=16 when some Venus and Serena fans were jumping on some players and mostly Jankovic and Ivanovic as non-worthy players challenging the top.

Too bad tables turned :wavey:

*Jean*
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:34 AM
Venus :bigcry:

beriadan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:38 AM
I missed the match!:crying2:

StZox
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:54 AM
Ana was tough, more determined, had the same number of UEs as Venus, but more winners, which shows that she controlled the game most of the time, and therefore won.

Congrats to ANA!!!!!!!!Win the title.

Venus, you are always a champion!

peanuts
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:22 AM
Well-done Ana! She put up a great fight. Didn't falter when she was 15-40 down when serving for the match. Some great hitting from both girls. I enjoyed watching this match. :bounce: :bounce:

pka_liloo
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:26 AM
Ana, you're my hero!

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Leo_DFP
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:28 AM

Dor Y
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:30 AM
very bad loss Venus :help:

Ruski
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:32 AM
Well done Ana! This is great!

dropshot13th
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:38 AM
well done ana

aussie_fan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:48 AM
Ana, well done :) Wasn't the greatest of matches but ana was the more steadier of the two.

Scotso
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:37 AM
Ana :banana:

JAMESYBABY!
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
ana great chance to win here,, watch out for jj :unsure:

Viktymise
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:17 AM
Venus didn't really raise her level to what it needed to be. Ana played better than she did the last 2 times, still doesn't change the fact that she's annoying as hell, the other thread about her sums it up.

Sharapova will ease to the title now.

Huntress555
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:24 AM
Woo Ana! So excited and happy she got through it :D

ce
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:27 AM
:bigcry:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPYYY :woohoo:
JJ AND ANA :inlove: :smooch:

Prizeidiot
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:50 AM
I didn't think Ana could win this prior to the match, but boy am I happy to be wrong.

Man, I hope she can take the whole thing out. Good luck to her!

Shanna
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:52 AM
GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!

I am so happy for Ana!

Hope she continues and goes on to the final (although I like Daniela too) and wins the title!

Come on Ana! :bounce:

aeronatasha
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:05 AM
I cringe everytime I hear CMON instead of AJDE. Why is she doing that? Reminds me of Sharapova, as well as the fist pumps.

I still think Ana is more of a force player than a smart player, some of the shots she fired today were more than just a bad judgement.

But I have no doubt she'll improve.
I'm glad she scored her first win against a nightmare opponent like Vee.

Very well done for both Serbian girls, who pulled it off beyond all expectations.

And should Jelena and Ana meet in the final by some miracle, I really hope Jelena takes it this time.

Go girls, make Serbia proud.:bounce:

Daniel
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:06 AM
Well done Ana :)

Serena-rules-no1
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:31 AM
yesssss, get your ass out of Rod Laver arena Venus

lilimi
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
Ana! :D
but i wanted to smash her in the first set!
she should get a first serve ASAP!
i'm so happy my 2 favourites won today!

Marionated
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
Venus:sad: You should of won that second set.
Congratulations to Ana, but I don't see her winning the title.

Just Do It
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
I expected this to be easier, good win though :yeah:

améliemomo
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:53 AM
nice win from ivanovic,it was expected cause she improved her game since their last encounter

Edward.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:53 AM
:speakles:

vesanto
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Very disappointed but yet not surprised. I was not feeling Venus during this tournament and she definitely was not there either physically and mentally. Ana improved tremendously her fitness, she run to every single ball. Her backhand was also on fire which leads us to Venus' backhand: Where has it gone? So many missed balls from that side, it was impressive.

Definitely overpowered which was something hapenned quite a lot this tournament.

I think Venus has just lost her main chances of getting the Australian Open for once. She had a good draw (let's face it, Ivanovic and Hantuchova are very beatable players in Venus standards) and in the final against Sharapova or Jankovic, she could win both matches too.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season Venus!

Good luck Hantuchova and Jankovic!

Sleepwalker64
Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:06 AM
:worship::yeah:
On to the first Serbian final in history;)
I believe :lick:

hwanmig
Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
Well Done Ana:) for finally getting that first win against Venus. The match was a dud though. WTA players should really learn to hold serve better.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
glad to see Ana winning at last ,
but the first set was very bad , what was that .
Venus was pathetic , very tierd , awfull
congratz Ana http://www.yesmeenah.com/smiles/smiles/2/002.gif (http://www.yesmeenah.com)

Nikkiri
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:18 AM
Ana :) Ajde, c'mon and squeak your way to the final :yeah:

nouf
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
venus vs ana QF AO 2008
WMV
640X480 MEGAUPLOAD DOWNLoad
http://wtatour.fr/showthread.php?t=1322

Jenny.C.Fan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Awesome win Ana :). Showed real maturity to come back from a break down in the 2nd set. Really pleased she is in the semi's, this match will be tough though as all the pressure will be on her, so i hope she can pull it out. Ajde Ana.:worship:

Forehand_Volley
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:09 PM
I was more surprised about Serena losing in the quarters than Venus. Historically, Venus never plays well at the beginning of the year.

Congrats Ana!

Calypso
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Congrats Ana!
Sad for venus, but her form wasn't always there the past two weeks. The A.O jinx continues, but as long as she keeps winning Wimbledon, its ok ;)!

winone23
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:39 PM

It may have been the best slam for you, but I know ESPN begs to differ :lol::lol:

.:sk:.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:54 PM

Aaron.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Actually Venus had around 60 winners in that day against Hingis on clay, not 40... but yeah 4 ground stroke winners are way too low, this was a 7-6 6-4 match even Henin had more winners against Sharapova in a shorter match. Point proven Venus usally has 4 ground stroke winners in one game then a whole match.

Henin had like 12 or 13 winners in a 6-4 6-0 Loss to Maria

Ana hasnt really inpressed me all tournament I mean she had a cakewalk draw and she drew a brainless Venus what a good draw for her to the finals really

Coffee&TV
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Dayum! Ana :woohoo: that's awesome!!! No Williams in semis :p

anon57
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Neither player was playing really great, but Ana manages to win more of the big points. Congrats to her of her first win agains Venus and her first AO semi

Sylwiiia
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Venus that was awful tennis. Like always when she has that best chance to win AO she wasted it. She played so stupid against Ana, and lost all important points. Ana didn't play great but she took her chance.

daniela86
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:35 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: Great job Ana :D! :rocker2: :rocker2: :worship: I'm soo proud :tears: :hug: Good luck against Dani now :rocker2: :rocker2:
I really like all the semi finalists :D It's the best tournament ever for my faves :banana: :banana:!

Highlandman
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

It was such a big chance 2008 :sad:

Congrats to Ana :yeah: She played very well.

I'm glad Venus still leads 4-1 :p :p Next time it's her turn again :cool:

serenaforever
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
Venus :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

I'm so angry that Venus played like this.:fiery: UNBELIEVEABLE. (sp?]
I'm really disappointed, Venus.:o

Ana. :worship::bounce::hearts::kiss::D:inlove:

Dodoboy.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
i cant wait till the next tournament...i just want to move on from this slam!...
i love ana so i hope she wins!..i didn't watch the match and never will but i am sure Ana played good! well done!

Brooks.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Venus: You suck.

Seriously in the last 48 hours the Williams sisters have completely self-destructed

WTF is wrong with them :help:

Highlandman
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
It remembers me a bit on Venus vs. Seles. Venus is 9-1 against her & lost only time also in Melbourne ;)

Viktymise
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
It remembers me a bit on Venus vs. Seles. Venus is 9-1 against her & lost only time also in Melbourne ;)

I was thinking about that too but Venus was really injured that time and Seles was playing inspired tennis, it was a great match in comparison to this. :p

Highlandman
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
I was thinking about that too but Venus was really injured that time and Seles was playing inspired tennis, it was a great match in comparison to this. :p

Yeah, that's true :p But I hope that match will motivate Venus even more & shows her that she still has to work on her own game, especially after beating Ana so many times before. I really hope it :D And maybe we will see a Venus like in 2000/2001 soon again :D

Albop
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Yesss

great win ana :yeah:

good luck tonigth ;)

sunset
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
Venus: You suck.

Seriously in the last 48 hours the Williams sisters have completely self-destructed

WTF is wrong with them :help:

I'll tell you what is wrong with the so-called sisters. They hadn't been tested yet, and the moment they were they crumbled apart like a crumb cake.

Face it, their just not that good anymore. Make no mistake, they don't give matches away. These girls take their game from them, plain and simple.

They take them out of there comfort zone and the so-called sisters don't have enough variety in there game to adjust.

Jelena has always been able to belittle Serena and Venus for that matter. And it was just a matter of time before Ana figured it out too.

As far as tennis years when you add up the lack of play, the wear and tear on the body, the so-called sisters are about 75 years old. I think the fans are just going to have to live with that and accept it.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Michael!
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Venus :sad:
Not a good match, she played like in the earlier rounds and that wasn´t enough....:mad:
She was slow and made too many UE, but at least she reached the quarterfinal, although she was far away from her best tennis!
Now rest Venus and come back strong...I still veelieve! ;)