PDA

View Full Version : Venus is on

gmokb
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:00 AM
Please Vee, we need a recovery here. Keep the Williams flag flying and win this match , preferably in 2 sets but if it requires 3 go for it.

Anyone else having pains already?

gmokb
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:01 AM
What's is that big bandage on Vee's leg. Great, that's all we need now.

Tennisation
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:01 AM
I thought u meant she's on her game:o

slamchamp
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:02 AM
You seem nervous

mdterp01
doesn't look like its gonna happen for Venus today. Serbia vs USA looks like its going to be 2-0. Venus didn't seem to be walking right with that wrap.

Yup...she's not walking right. Advantage Ana.

Tennisstar86
shes "limping" im concerned.... dont injure yourself for the year VEE....

Tennisation
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:05 AM
so much for doubles venus :o

guapogreg08
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM
she looks like shes hitting the ball pretty well...

we'll just have to see what happens

gmokb
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM
That's putting it mild and I am not ashame to admit it. Whenever Vee plays I am a nervous wreck, she is so unpredictable.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:11 AM
Venus should be able to find a way to win this match.
If Ana and Venus are moving at the same rate, then Venus still has a better all court game and has been in this situation enough to know what she has to do.

So calm down. :lol:

sorceress
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:13 AM
Serena's not there watching either.
Venus should have the mental edge,but who knows.

gmokb
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:16 AM
Venus should be able to find a way to win this match.
If Ana and Venus are moving at the same rate, then Venus still has a better all court game and has been in this situation enough to know what she has to do.

So calm down. :lol:
Okay, I am taking deep breathes. I have a funny feeling we will be fine today. Those of you watching on t.v. is ther eany sign of Serena or has she left for home? I am watching on the net and the camera is not roaming into the crowd.

guapogreg08
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:20 AM
i dont know about the movement but vee is hitting pretty cleanly and shes returning ivanovics bombs EXTREMELY well

mdterp01
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:21 AM
Does Ana want to win this? She can't even hold serve vs a not 100% Venus?

Tennisstar86
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:21 AM
Okay, I am taking deep breathes. I have a funny feeling we will be fine today. Those of you watching on t.v. is ther eany sign of Serena or has she left for home? I am watching on the net and the camera is not roaming into the crowd.

see other thread, serena peaced out..... and said she was peacin out during her interview...

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:30 AM

If Ana continues to stay back, Venus will start to control this match.

She had the right strategy against Justine at Syndey.
If she went with that one today, Venus would be in trouble but she's respecting Venus' passing ability so much which already tells me that Venus is in her head.

So just hang in there.

mdterp01
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:31 AM
6 straight breaks? This is turning into a Jelena first round match. Ana should've been won this first set. :rolleyes:

serenus_2k8
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:31 AM
What is with Vees serve?

stevos
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:33 AM
Wow.
I really have no idea who will win this. I want to see both win, but for my history with the two players, I have to go with Venus, I've been with her longer. :hearts:

Could be really interesting. Ana believes much more this match.

mdterp01
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:35 AM
Venus' serve. :help: :tape:

mdterp01
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:36 AM
Its a miracle...Venus holds :bounce:

gmokb
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:37 AM
Finally Vee holds her serve. Now build on this.

mdterp01
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:40 AM
Now they both decide they want to start holding. Ivanovic though had a much easier time holding her serve for the first time again.

gmokb
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:52 AM
Guys, why don't Vee challenge some of these close calls? What is she saving her challenges for? I know they don't like to use it but for the love of god this is the quarters of a slam, which she has never won, use the damn thing.... It won't make you less a player but it miight gives her points that she badly needs.

Direwolf
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:01 AM
Come on Venus...
2 backhand volley missed in the tiebreak sucks..

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:01 AM
Guys, why don't Vee challenge some of these close calls? What is she saving her challenges for? I know they don't like to use it but for the love of god this is the quarters of a slam, which she has never won, use the damn thing.... It won't make you less a player but it miight gives her points that she badly needs.

I was thinking the exact same thing. :lol:
OMG. That's weird.
I was thinking, Venus if you wearing 11 and the thought with that is that you want to be better than 10, well then you have to start believing that a few of those shots that were close might have gone in.

She doesn't like to challenge because she trust the chair.
Me, I'm like, I'm not trusting noone.
I don't know you from that guy in the stands right there. Challenge!!! :lol:

gmokb
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:24 AM
I can't believe that Vee just squandered a 3-0 lead. It appears that Serena could wait and they all take the same flight. Vee, what are you doing baby?

mdterp01
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:32 AM
She's losing and has allowed Ana back in this match. Just bad play from Venus. She's never really done well in Australia and I guess surface isn't the issue. After this I'll have to wait til Wimbledon to expect anything from them since the French is Justine's territory

gmokb
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:46 AM
How did this happen? How did we move from a possible all Williams final to no Williams in the semis? This is unbelievable, never thought Ana could have taken Vee out. Oh well such is life

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:54 AM
How did this happen? How did we move from a possible all Williams final to no Williams in the semis? This is unbelievable, never thought Ana could have taken Vee out. Oh well such is life

Ana did just enough right to win.
She didn't come in as much as Venus but it was enough for Venus not to take away the net from Ana.
I wish the best for these girls.
Not one of them is over 24 and this is the type of semis that people envisioned when they saw Maria, Ana, Dani, and Jankovic (maybe).