PDA

View Full Version : AO QF; (9) Hantuchova def (29) Radwanska 62 62

Josh.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:44 AM
daniela!! semi final baby! :yeah: :dance: :banana:

classy performace, competly in control the enitre match!

DimaDinosaur
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:45 AM
:worship: Daniela is the BEST!!!!! BEST! EVER!!!! :worship:

dagamezbest
I'd be excited if Daniela wasnt such a loser.

Kworb
Enjoyable match. Accurate shot making. :)

TheBoiledEgg
that was a demo job :banana:
Dani nearly choked at end though :scared:

well done Daniela ;) :D
now make the final :) :D

Uranus
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

She made it to a GS SF, easy win. :D

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:46 AM
Well yall complained that Dani hasn't done anything in her singles career.

Hate all yall want, she now has a shot at the finals. :lol:

TennisPlayingFox
Great job Daniela! Congrats on making the semis! Good luck against Ana or Venus!

DownTheLine21
Good performance from Hantuchova. She just overwhelmed Radwanska with great shot-making.

The Daviator
Jon Wertheim :worship: What a call, he deserves some props.

Well done Dani :yeah:

Lucyxx
That was slash worthy!

svetaisthebest
Daniela :D:worship: Congratz :)

IceHock
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:47 AM

Funny thing is, that's actually serena

Dexter
Congrats Daniela. She couldn't play much better (except the latter stages of the 2nd set).
Aga actually didn't play as bad as the scoreline suggests, but the serve was atrocious. Please work on it girl asap!
Great tournament for her anyway and she's done us proud. :)

beauty_is_pink
Yay!

DimaDinosaur
Daniela made the semifinals of a grand slam!!!! She's made Jon Werithem's prediction come true!!!!!

Kobra
Well done, Dani. :bounce:
But against Ana/Venus I see no chance for her.

TTomek
bad match for Aga "the Russian Killer" :p

but Daniela was playing way too good today :)

Wintermute
:bounce: Great performance! How fantastic, a first slam semi!

Derek.
OMFG I can't believe it! :hearts:

Well done, Daniela! :banana:
Did exactly what she needed to do vs. Radwanska. :drool:

GS SF, can you believe it?!?! :worship:

Tennisation
OMG go dani!!!!!!!!! Best grand slam result ever!!!!!!!!!!!

SvetaPleaseWin.
great performance :D

pretty good mentally-a little wobble but thats to be expected

hope she does alright in the semis

cellophane
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:48 AM
Nice annihilation job, Dani :woohoo:

Get to the finals now (or don't get trashed at least :o )!

Jarrett
Yay that was awesome!

matty
:banana:

Way to close it out, Dani --a little tentative, but got the job done!

Rod the Bama
Excellent performance from Dani. :clap2: I didn`t expect her to win so easily. She looked very sharp right from the start, especially with her shotmaking. Obviously she had some trouble closing out the match, but i`m glad that she got the break to finish it. It`s great to see Dani finally make it to her first Grand Slam semifinal. :D :clap2:

Xanadu11
:bounce: Daniela. I'm so happy for her!! It helps heal the wounds of Justine losing as well.

Make the final now Dani!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:49 AM
Daniela :D The result was never in doubt :yeah:
Aga just wasn't herself today :shrug:

rollup
Wow! Congratulations Dani, may this be the start of a great year.

Good Luck in the semi :)

Keadz
SEMI FINAL!!!

Fantastic, and she is still on 24 years old!

She played with incredible accuracy, Radwanska couldn't play her game at all. A little choke at the end, and Aga seemed to pick up her game...she probably should have played like she did in the last 2 games for the whole match.

But anyway, ecstatic for Dani SHE HAS FINALLY GOT THERE!

Goodluck next round!

starin
:worship: Hantuchova first slam SF.

LOL at this slam. Hantuchova is a slam SF while Serena and Henin are QF. LOL how cooky

Radwanska was very unimpressive.

Who do you think Hantuchova will root for in the next QF? Venus 0-9 or Ana 1-2

Either way solid result for Hantuchova but I expect the Venus/Ana winner to be in the Final.

AK-DH Fan
OMG Daniela !!!!! :)

Wiggly
She was perfect until the late stages of both sets.
She won on her FIRST MP's! :eek:

reckless_kelly
Awesome D! :bounce::worship:

Semis! :woohoo:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:50 AM
Thanks to tennis Gods this boring match is finished

What was this ? Tennis from the 19th century ?

new-york
good job, great shotmaking by Daniela.:)

Kworb
Daniela 27 winners, 20 UE. Amazing stats, especially because Aga was retrieving very well.

Expat
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:51 AM
yes dani the long wait
my god i never thought this day would come

QuicKyMonSter
Great.:)

DownTheLine21
I never expected Daniela to make a GS SF. I'm glad that she's finally living up to her potential.

LudwigDvorak
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:52 AM
I don't think words can describe how exhilarated I am for Dani right now. :sobbing: She's believed in herself for long enough that making a slam semifinal has now come to fruition--and she has an okay shot at the final! But I'm not even thinking about that, Daniela's exceeded my expectations at this event. I thought she'd lose to Cornet. And Kirilenko. And Radwanska.

Just. Daniela. :worship: You've made all of your fans who have stuck with you for so long so proud just now. Keep believing. :yeah:

RenaSlam.
Venus will smack Daniela in the SF. :)

Mic-190286
Jon Wertheim :worship: What a call, he deserves some props.

Well done Dani :yeah:

I know, how did he know!

Good job Dani, she was the favourite and didn't mess it up! Aga was ok too, she hit a lot of winners but yea her serve wasn't great and she just wasn't good enough for Dani.

Ben.
I just cannot believe it :eek: Dani has done it :rocker2: a debut GS SF apperance :D
Just fantastic!!! she was in contol throughout the whole match & played agressive tennis along with some nice net ploys & drop shots. just a marvellous breakthrough for her & this will do good for her confidence.

Aga :hug: she played well & the scoreline doesn't indicate that she was completely outplayed. still a good two weeks for her.

the cat
Well done to Daniela on making her first grand slam semifinal. :) She deserves to be there and I hope she enjoys the moment.

NyCPsU
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:53 AM
omg im so excited for her. :sobbing:

and she proved many of us including me wrong :worship:

i wouldnt count her out in the semi as neither venus or ana has looked that sharp and almost everything dani hit today was in. when shes playing like that shes tough to beat no matter who is on the other side of the net. :drool:

hingisGOAT
OMG @ Radwanska :help: Her game has so many exploitable weaknesses... I've never seen any of her upsets but I wonder if Venus/Hingis/Maria/Nadia were having the fucking mother of all off days...

Anyway I've found this Australian Open to be moderately enjoyable until right now. Hantuchova in a Slam semifinal? Have mercy! Her brittle ass will be knocked back into the stands by Venus or Ivanovic.

LindsayRulz
Well done Daniela! So happy for her :D

Wayn77
Congrats Daniela

Lovely girl, first Slam semi-final - well deserved.

roelc
just excellent :hearts:

now venus and ana
please make it like 7-6 6-7 20-18! thanks

LudwigDvorak
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:54 AM
Oh, and I want to add--GREAT match from Dani too. That was the best I've seen her play since she smacked Bartoli around the court in Luxembourg. She's putting in peak performances at the right stages in tournaments now, I fucking love it.

Mic-190286
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks to tennis Gods this boring match is finished

What was this ? Tennis from the 19th century ?

Just cause LenaD went out in a flash!

(yea i know it was to Shazza, whatever, let Dani fans have their day-doesn't come too often!)

justine schnyder
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:56 AM
Aga :sad: :bigcry:

Well, but QF is awsome too.. :hug:
Oh, and the second serve meeds improvment asap!

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:56 AM

Of course a Willias fan says that...SOOOO CLASSY

Mic-190286
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:57 AM
OMG @ Radwanska :help: Her game has so many exploitable weaknesses... I've never seen any of her upsets but I wonder if Venus/Hingis/Maria/Nadia were having the fucking mother of all off days...

Anyway I've found this Australian Open to be moderately enjoyable until right now. Hantuchova in a Slam semifinal? Have mercy! Her brittle ass will be knocked back into the stands by Venus or Ivanovic.

Have you looked at Dani/Ana's H2H? Hardly knocking Dani's 'brittle ass' around.

I'll give you Venus though.

I doubt anyone is putting Dani in the final anyway.

FrOzon
Aga :( what a horrible performance! You can do much better!

spriwi
perfect match daniela :yeah: she did exacly what she needed to do to beat aga, good shot placing, not many ues, agressive returns.
aga's serve was helpless rly, but she wasnt playing parlicularly bad. pity she didnt risk more, she did very well in the latter stages of the 2nd set when she was sure there was nothing to lose, got 3 return winners in a row... anyways, great tourney for her :)

Juanes
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:58 AM
well done Daniela.... i like you so much....

celebration day in Slovakia... thank you Daniela...:worship:

Archer16
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:59 AM
Brilliant match from Hantuchova. Her ball striking was a beauty.
You get the feeling for her it was SF now or never; for Aga, there will be plenty of times to do that in the future.

dagamezbest
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:59 AM
Funny thing is, that's actually serena

Yeah but she is going to get dropped by Venus in the Semi-Finals anyway!

IceHock
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:01 AM

Soooo, idc, bottom line is it's Daniela's first Gs semifinal so basicly no matter what happens in the semifinal , Daniela fans will be happy, I know your used to Serena going deep, so i didn't see the point in you crashing it with saying Daniela is a loser.

BK4ever
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:02 AM
Dani :bounce: :bounce:

No matter what happens next I hope she uses this tourney as inspiration.

keirana332
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:02 AM
Daniela played brilliantly, a few mental wobbles but she was hitting very well :bounce:
Didn't think she'd make it but glad to be proved wrong :)
Aga, didn't play her game today but congrats on a quarter final, theres potential for great things with her :D

RJWCapriati
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:06 AM
:yeah:

VasVas
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:06 AM
Well wrapped up, a lil bit choking in the set points of the 1st but not too important..

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:07 AM
Excellent match. I really enjoyed that. The scoreline was definately harsh as far as Aga was concerned. She actually played pretty well although as others have said the 2nd serve needs improvement. Still it was a great tournament from Aga and she will only go from strength to strength. She has so much time. I really hope Aga can feel proud of what she has done the last week and half and not be too down about today's result. :hug:

As for Dani....what can one say. She was magnificent. I don't think I've ever seen her play better. She moved great. She show wonderful touch and hit some lovely gentle shots. She with hit sharp precision. She attacked and when for her shots at all times and was always brave. Just wonderful. She must feel so pleased with herself and deservedly so. :banana:

Good luck in your semi final Dani. It won't be easy but if you play like that you have a real good shot. :bounce:

goldenlox
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:14 AM
I'm rooting for Dani in her SF, no matter who she plays.
I want Hantuchova-Sharapova in the final.

Summer_Snow
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:17 AM
Dissapointing performance Aga :o
After those upsets :rolleyes:

Dave.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:19 AM
:worship::worship:Daniela!:worship::worship:

Finally she is into the SF's in singles! She is such a huge talent she should have done this years ago. But she is there now and who knows? This tournament has had so many upsets why not another? I hope either Ana or Daniela wins the whole thing.

dagamezbest
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:20 AM
Soooo, idc, bottom line is it's Daniela's first Gs semifinal so basicly no matter what happens in the semifinal , Daniela fans will be happy, I know your used to Serena going deep, so i didn't see the point in you crashing it with saying Daniela is a loser.

It had nothing to do with Serena losing...only has to do with Daniela bending over and getting kicked in the ass in big matches.

Lunaris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:21 AM
I really thought Radwanska was a bad match-up for Daniela, but way to prove me wrong, girl. :yeah: :kiss:

Mic-190286
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:23 AM
It had nothing to do with Serena losing...only has to do with Daniela bending over and getting kicked in the ass in big matches.

At least she wasn't bent over and kicked by Aga, like Sveta and Nadia were. And like Dani could have been even a year ago! (or in Zurich!)

Her fans don't give a shit if she gets mauled by Venus, we're just happy she's in the semis!

strictennis
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:26 AM
So happy for you Daniela!

njnetswill
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:27 AM
Very happy for Daniela. No, she did not beat any big names to get to the SF, but at least she didn't lose early like she often does. :p

So Disrespectful
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:31 AM
I knew this day would come eventually. There were doubts for a while, and us fans have waited so long for this. Since the end of 2003, we didn't know that she'd even be a top 20 player anymore, and now a further 2 titles and a grand slam semifinal. Don't try to take this moment away by saying she has no chance against Venus (who's losing anyway) or that her draw was a cakewalk, please!

She doesn't have the biggest strokes, she doesn't move quickly and her serve isn't too powerful either. What she does know is how to play smart tennis within herself and ultimately win matches, even if she does choke sometimes. She's making the most of what she was given.

AK-DH Fan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:36 AM
Trolls be gone :)

Il Primo!
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:39 AM
Boring as hell, Dani doesn't look top3-ish to me.

Lunaris
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:40 AM
What a retarded and disrespectful comment towards Daniela and Ana. Learn some manners, brute. :rolleyes:

DimaDinosaur
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:45 AM
It's actually a good sign that a lot more people are saying mean things to Daniela. That means she's actually having success on the wta tour :worship:

Mic-190286
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:48 AM
It's actually a good sign that a lot more people are saying mean things to Daniela. That means she's actually having success on the wta tour :worship:

Haha, excellent way to look at it!

Derek.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:52 AM

Pretty much.

Daniela never is apart of the easier sections of the draw and for once she is.

Il Primo!
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:52 AM

Stop making up things. If she weas that good and dangerous, be sure this thread would have counted more than 150 posts in 30mins. No need to say it's far from being the case right now.

She's just boring, and we love entertainers.

Derek.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:53 AM
Stop making up things. If she weas that good and dangerous, be sure this thread would have counted more than 150 posts in 30mins. No need to say it's far from being the case right now.

If she's so boring then why are you in her result thread?

loppy
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:56 AM
Congratulations Daniela and good luck in SF! :yeah:

Really happy for you!!

Il Primo!
If she's so boring then why are you in her result thread?

By curiosity, plain and simple. Plus it feels good, the winner of Venus/Ivanovic gets a bye to the final.:D

stevos
That was slash worthy!

Hey! You're sig is from one of my posts! :cool:

Great job Dani! DIdn't see it, but Aga is not easy. Really nice to see her in a Semi, she must be so excited. :awww:

She could make the finals. :unsure: Wow.

And NOW I can say I told you so (my thread :lol: ). Wertheim. :worship:

Derek.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:57 AM
By curiosity, plain and simple. Plus it feels good, the winner of Venus/Ivanovic gets a bye to the final.:D

Because both are playing so well right now. :hearts:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:58 AM
Im really happy for you Daniela after all the hard work. Really no pressure in your semi final now! Just hit away!

stevos
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:58 AM
It was and she doesn't. Not against Ana either. But if she was facing another Tier IV player in the semis, I'd give her a 50/50 shot for sure!!!!!!!!!!!11 :D

Hmmm.

bellascarlett
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:02 AM
Dani! :bounce: :woohoo:

So happy for you! Now get to the final! I don't think I've seen her play this well...

DimaDinosaur
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:05 AM

Hate all you want, but Hantuchova is in the semis of a grand slam!!! :worship: :ras: Say every insult you want, but guess what, NOTHING will change the fact that Hantuchova made the semis!! And there's nothing you can do about it, HAHA!!!!!

Lindsayfanumber1
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM
Dani :)
Nice match
:cool:

Rohin.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:08 AM
no wonder i stoped coming here..

appologies to the genuine fans out there but most of the people here are more interested in bagging other players and there supporters.

btw i dont see how daniela has a boring game :rolleyes: she has some of the finest shots in the game

Il Primo!
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:11 AM
Hate all you want, but Hantuchova is in the semis of a grand slam!!! :worship: :ras: Say every insult you want, but guess what, NOTHING will change the fact that Hantuchova made the semis!! And there's nothing you can do about it, HAHA!!!!!

Yeah I know, I was just teasing you, it's so easy :lol: Good on her. To be honest, she has a shot against Ana. But I honestly think she couldn't beat Venus.
But it's also true that I realy find her boring as hell.
Good luck to her :wavey:

edificio
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:13 AM
Daniela was so very focused. It was nice to see that. Of course, Radwanska seemed shaken by the occasion. She's got many years to make the quarters, so...

DimaDinosaur
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:13 AM
Yeah I know, I was just teasing you, it's so easy :lol: Good on her. To be honest, she has a shot against Ana. But I honestly think she couldn't beat Venus.
But it's also true that I realy find her boring as hell.
Good luck to her :wavey:

:hug: It's okay to be jealous sometimes. Thanks for your support!

wtatennisballer
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:18 AM
a-rad:devil: Don't wait by the telephone for Nike to call. But good job. She's a rising star.

saint2
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:14 AM
Congratulations of 1 GS semis...I wonder what now peopl who predicted her to fall out of top10 will say...

Aga :hug:

alfonsojose
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:14 AM

:tape:

Shoulderpova
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:15 AM
Daniela :smoke:
Now make one step further :bounce:

Shoulderpova
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:23 AM

Great call ;)

homogenius
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:23 AM
She played well.Nice use of her draw to get her first semi.

Pasta-Na
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:51 AM
knew danni would be in semi... but with that scoreline :eek:

cometz9
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
Congrats to Dani and her fans:clap2: :yeah: finally she makes a SF of a Grand Slam. Best of Luck against Ana :)

Aga :sad: :D great result from her nonetheless, she is climbing up the rankings fast.

Matt01
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:10 AM
LOL at all the people who are saying that Dani will for sure lose to Venus in the semis. :lol:

Fact is that Dani is in the semi-final of a Slam and Venus is packing :p

Harju.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:08 AM
Congrats Dani!!!11! :worship:
Who would have thought that she would capitalize on her draw? Good for her.

Ballbasher
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:09 AM
Dani :bounce: Please take it one step further! :D

papru
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:20 AM
Aga :smash: :sad: the second worst match I have ever seen of Aga :shrug: maybe only the match against Ivanovic in Linz 06 was worse :tape: wasted great chance to reach GS SF :sad:

Danka :) good play. Good enough to beat Aga today. Now take out Ana please!!

nah.. I would forget........
Aga beat herself today :p :lol:

dropshot13th
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:43 AM
congrats daniela

aussie_fan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:52 AM
Dani played very well today, aga couldn't get intot he points and was hitting too many errors anyway.

Drimal
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:27 AM
Daniela in her first GS semifinal :bounce: :bounce:

Great score Daniela! :worship:

Now take revenge for your loss in Luxembourg final please. :kiss:

Shanna
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:48 AM
Great result Daniela!!! :bounce:

Elwin.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:18 AM
Daniela :)

ce
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:34 AM
:yeah:

~Carsten~
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:59 AM
well done Daniela :banana:

spriwi
Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:34 AM
Aga :smash: :sad: the second worst match I have ever seen of Aga :shrug: maybe only the match against Ivanovic in Linz 06 was worse :tape: wasted great chance to reach GS SF :sad:

wtf wrong with you papru? u have seen only 2 matches of aga? :rolleyes:

Polikarpov
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:05 AM
It's about time fr Daniela to fulfill her potential.

Hagar
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:32 AM
This is great. I am very happy to see that Daniela is finally living up to her potential.

gotthebend
Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
I guess last year's loss is this year's gain.;)
Besides, Dani didn't underestimate Aga since she knows Aga had already taken out two seeds.

HenryMag.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:38 AM
:woohoo: DANI!!! GL to the SF!!

Steff_forever
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
at the beginning of the tourn there's been so much talking about Linds & Masha, the Sisters or "Can Henin demolish Kuzzie in the final?

I'm quite happy that other's came out so well here - not only Dani...
======================

After the 5-2* ind 2nd set I just thought about the Wimby-exit a few years ago where she started crying. This time I knew she would break her for the match.

If she wants to beat Ana she has to move better and realize that she has to move - not as today. And most of all she has to calm down her nerves when servving it out. That's all I hope Dani is able to do in the semi ;)

Veritas
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:13 PM
Was this the same Radwanska who swatted aside the world #2 in straight sets?! :eek:

Oh wait - I just forgot that the world #2 in question was Kuznetsova :tape:

.:sk:.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:57 PM
I didn'tt expect Dani in the semis :eek: :yeah:

Aga :hug:

starr
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
I am so very happy for Daniela. I've loved this girl since she was 17 years old and playing in the qualies. I've been elated when she won, and watched her struggle through some dismal matches, and have just wanted to cry or shake her or both, and then watched with hopefulness as she started to turn it all around and now to see her beautiful game flower at the Oz Open has been so wonderful. She's a great girl and I wish her only the best.

I also like Ana, and also wish Ana the best, only not to win her next match ;) It was great to see Ana overcome her nerves yesterday.

Michael!
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Great match from Daniela! :bounce:
She had her nerves under control and Radwanska had no chance! :angel:
Really good volleys from Dani and she played some really good stops...
Now beat Ana! :devil:

kolan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:46 PM
SEMI FINAL!!!

Fantastic, and she is still on 24 years old!

She played with incredible accuracy, Radwanska couldn't play her game at all. A little choke at the end, and Aga seemed to pick up her game...she probably should have played like she did in the last 2 games for the whole match.
But anyway, ecstatic for Dani SHE HAS FINALLY GOT THERE!

Goodluck next round!

agreed. aga just wasnt the same as in previous rounds. the occasion beat her maybe and hantuchova played stunning. a combination of all three sees this result even though i wanted something else

congrats to daniela

aga :hug: theres always another 3 grand slams you can win :lol: