PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Pam Shriver is funny!

dagamezbest
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:42 AM
I have been watching tennis for a while now and I'm just now catching on to Shriver's humor. I didnt like her for a long while because of the things that she said. But it took me a while to realize when she is playing and when she is serious because she used the same tone of voice. I think alot of people misunderstand her. Thats probably the reason she is so unpopular. But I've been listening to her during this tournament and she just says crazy random stuff out of no where. Yeah this thread was pretty pointless but I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who knew what I was talking about.

Geisha
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:43 AM
I love Pam, she's fuckin' hilarious.

kiwifan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:43 AM
She has her moments.

I like her mostly, but even when she was on the tour lots of players "didn't get" her sense of humor. :tape:

Uranium
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:44 AM
I love Pammy, and don't think shes unpopular. She's my second favorite commentator behind MJF.

Oneofakind0490
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:47 AM
She is my favorite commentator. Best humor out of everyone:lol:

dagamezbest
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:49 AM
I like Mary Jo to but sometimes she tries to be to much of a goodie goodie. Mary Carillo is just flat out 2-faced. I thought it was funny in one of Serena Williams early round matches a reporter said something like "Mary Carillo had something to say about your performance" Soon as Serena heard Mary's name she made this real uncomfortable face. it was funny.

Dave B
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:52 AM
I love No Slam Pam!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:54 AM
Pam can be funny, I just think she's a messy gossipper.

DownTheLine21
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:54 AM
I love Pammy, and don't think shes unpopular. She's my second favorite commentator behind MJF.

I agree.

gmokb
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:04 AM
She has her moments and can be funny. However I think she loves to stir up trouble, especially when it comes to the Williams.

mirzalover
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:08 AM
She is my fav to. I didnt think she was unpopular

Sally Struthers
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:08 AM
Pam and Mary are both hilarious.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
I LOVE Pam Shriver!!

guapogreg08
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:15 AM
I LOVE Pam Shriver!!

DITTO!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:16 AM
Her Pammentating always cracks me up, I love her.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1385000/images/_1386637_pam_shriver300.jpg

BrandNew
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:37 AM
shes why i get up in the morning.

drake3781
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:42 AM
I'm watching on Star Sports. Who are these commentators? Man and a woman. I think I recognize the woman but I can't place the voice.

Tennis Fool
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:48 AM
Funny, a lot of Williams fans *hated* Pam until this Slam.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:49 AM
I'm watching on Star Sports. Who are these commentators? Man and a woman. I think I recognize the woman but I can't place the voice.
What stream are you using? Nothing works for me.

drake3781
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:04 AM
What stream are you using? Nothing works for me.

I downloaded Sopcast, then watch StarSports. Has been great.

UDACHi
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:07 AM
pam is always very positive and contributes a lot to espn's coverage. she is funny, yes.

kiwifan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:01 AM

Bullshit, Pam was Venus' mentor when she first came on the tour. :weirdo:

Your name is accurate. :p

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:12 AM
she's so funny!!!!!!!! by far, my favorite commentator. i enjoy her immensely =)

Tennis Fool
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:22 AM

I *know* this, but a lot of people didn't and stated that Pam was anti-Williams. Maybe you didn't. And what's with the retard smiley, are you 12?

Wow, I give you credit for creativity.

MisterQ
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:31 AM
I enjoy Pam.

Jeff
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:38 AM
I think she and Carillo are funny. When they are together commentating it's great, because they aren't inhibited at all. The funniest moment was when Alison Lang (In the chair) was coughing her brains out throughout the Sharapova vs. Davenport match, and they said that she (Lang) was chocking more than Sharapova ever would that night...and that she (lang) sounded like a seal up there (in the chair) :lol:

PamShriver
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the props! I do try to be witty, its just how I am. I am one funny dame! I do think that most people find me funny because they find me sexually attractive. Do you think that might be the case with you?
When I was playing on the tour, a LOT of women would laugh at my jokes, but I know that when they were laughing and saying things like "Pam you're so funny!" what they really meant was, "Pam I would love to bury my face in your fur burger!" I'm pretty good at reading between the lines and I'm always up on sexual innuendo, so I can usually tell when people are saying that I'm funny, what they really mean is that they want to take a gander at "Pam Jr." which is my nickname for my vagina. I call it that because if you think I'm sporting some thick tufts of hair on top of my noggin, you should take a drive down to "Ye Olde Coarse and Curly Manor" just south of "the twins" and no I'm not talking about my children from my marriage to James Bond. Lisa Raymond once told me that she thought I was hiding Fidel Castro's beard in my pants...we have fun like that!!!
Anyways, thanks for the props sister friends. Back to work for Pammy. I have to go ask my good friend Oracene more questions in the stands. We have this running gag going where I ask her questions for ESPN and she doesn't look at me and pretends like I'm not there. We're funny like that.

Yonexforever
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:45 AM
I have been watching tennis for a while now and I'm just now catching on to Shriver's humor. I didnt like her for a long while because of the things that she said. But it took me a while to realize when she is playing and when she is serious because she used the same tone of voice. I think alot of people misunderstand her. Thats probably the reason she is so unpopular. But I've been listening to her during this tournament and she just says crazy random stuff out of no where. Yeah this thread was pretty pointless but I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who knew what I was talking about.

Her expressions are even funnier.. watch how she looks at her fellow commentators as they speak.. her expression is PRICELESS

Rollo
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:43 PM
I love No Slam Pam!

That was cute!!:lol:

No slam Pam
Pam the ham.
Pam I am who does not eat spam, now that she's married to a vegemite man.

Ok, I'll quit while I'm behind.

I love Pammy whammy too. I may not always agree with her, but she always thinks for herself.

liuxuan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the props! I do try to be witty, its just how I am. I am one funny dame! I do think that most people find me funny because they find me sexually attractive. Do you think that might be the case with you?
When I was playing on the tour, a LOT of women would laugh at my jokes, but I know that when they were laughing and saying things like "Pam you're so funny!" what they really meant was, "Pam I would love to bury my face in your fur burger!" I'm pretty good at reading between the lines and I'm always up on sexual innuendo, so I can usually tell when people are saying that I'm funny, what they really mean is that they want to take a gander at "Pam Jr." which is my nickname for my vagina. I call it that because if you think I'm sporting some thick tufts of hair on top of my noggin, you should take a drive down to "Ye Olde Coarse and Curly Manor" just south of "the twins" and no I'm not talking about my children from my marriage to James Bond. Lisa Raymond once told me that she thought I was hiding Fidel Castro's beard in my pants...we have fun like that!!!
Anyways, thanks for the props sister friends. Back to work for Pammy. I have to go ask my good friend Oracene more questions in the stands. We have this running gag going where I ask her questions for ESPN and she doesn't look at me and pretends like I'm not there. We're funny like that.
totally! i think sue barker wishes she had more confidence, cos you can tell shes wanted to go to the 'jungle' for years!

mykarma
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Contrary to popular belief, all Williams fans don't think alike. :rolleyes:

mykarma
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:51 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

moon
Jan 24th, 2008, 12:05 AM
:rolleyes:
Funny. Another poster trying to lump all people who like the Williams in the same basket.

sfselesfan
Jan 24th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I see fewer of the "Mary and Pam are out the get the WS" crew came out for this thread. A theory I think is utter and complete bullshit.

Pam used to put me to sleep when she first started commentating and she's improved a lot. In the beginning she and MJ were like listening to NPR. Over the years they've really gotten a lot better and I like both. To me Mary Carillo is still the funniest, but Pam definitely has a sense of humor a notch above most tennis commentators.

SF

tennisbear7
Jan 24th, 2008, 12:46 AM
:haha: No slam Pam.

Tennis Fool
Jan 24th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Contrary to popular belief, all Williams fans don't think alike. :rolleyes:
Contrary to what you stated, I did put "a lot", meaning not "all": :nerner:

Tennis Fool
Jan 24th, 2008, 01:04 AM
:rolleyes:
Funny. Another poster trying to lump all people who like the Williams in the same basket.As a Williams fan, I TOTALLY agree we aren't in the same basket. I can read my posts accurately. Can you? :rolleyes:

Tennis Fool
Jan 24th, 2008, 01:05 AM
:lol::lol::lol:
Yeah, I agree that was totally funny. As one who says people aren't alike, you sure are sticking with the posse.

Sally Struthers
Jan 24th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Pam on not wanting to talk to Yuri :o :haha:

LindsayRulz
Jan 24th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Pam on not wanting to talk to Yuri :o :haha:

:lol:

Infiniti2001
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:33 AM
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8781/pamjy6.jpg

Tennis Fool
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:46 AM
"I don't put anything past a tennis player. I don't trust cutie pies either." -- Pam on Ana's squeaking shoes during Daniela's services games. :lol:

Lucyxx
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:47 AM
"That's all from your cutiepie reporter courtside."

Always brings an edge to a match.

AJZ.
Jan 24th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Mary Joe & Pam for life :hearts:

Gerri
Jan 24th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I love her commentary and it's a damn sight better than watching her play :lol: I hope she comes back to the BBC one day, I love her nuttiness.

cellophane
Jan 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM
:worship:

harloo
Jan 27th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I have never liked the woman. Of course she has her funny moments just like Mary Carillo(who's hilarious IMO) but sometimes both of them act so messy and petty.

I will say that after watching matches on ESPN360 with the British commentators I prefer Pam and crew over them any day. BORING!!:lol: