PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one who thought jankovics injury time out was b.s.

pengluv
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:32 AM
I saw her take the injury timeout when she had the lead and was broken... I thought that was just catty of her and she could of played without that minor leg treatment and was just buyin time... she seems a bit rude to me... i duno watchin that match made me dislike her more than even henin

sasangil
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:38 AM
Not necessarily, Serena ended up taking a medical timeout at the same time as JJ and it was perfectly legal for both of them to do so........ They're both professional tennis players, they understand what they can and can't do. The pity of it for Serena is that she played really flat, way outside her usual style.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of either of the Williams girls, so ultimately I'm happy JJ won the match.

goldenlox
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:38 AM
It's possible. But if it's within the rules, then she's doing nothing wrong.
And she was injured in Perth.

fatty sausage
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:40 AM
I think that a lot of the "injury" time outs are BS. Yeah, it is within the rules, but that doesn't mean it is right.

Wayn77
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:47 AM
You might have a case ....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/brunsdon/MUGS1/85404_Australian_Open_2008_-_Day_9_.jpg

GogoGirl
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:51 AM
All,

Didn't she say something along the line that her injury was career threatening?

BrandNew
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:53 AM
its a bad part of watching the womens game, but its started to become a trend the past five or so years.

players are now blocking it out of their mind more so than they used to. it used totally ruin the match for the opponent.

misael
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:33 AM
She pulled out of two single matches at the Hopman Cup,and during doubles she was hardly moving,she played her 1st round match for almost three hours.I'am surprised she not injured more.I don't think she was faking at all.

Craigy
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:38 AM
Is it that hard for you to actually move on?

treufreund
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:43 AM
I saw her take the injury timeout when she had the lead and was broken... I thought that was just catty of her and she could of played without that minor leg treatment and was just buyin time... she seems a bit rude to me... i duno watchin that match made me dislike her more than even henin

She was feeling pain and knew that her best chance to win was to do it in straight sets. Getting treatment helped her move better and this caused Serena to lose. Jelena and Justine are my total faves and the players you like are the ones I cannot stand so I am just fascinated by how your mind works. LOL.:eek:

CoolDude7
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:43 AM
OMG craig your siggy LOL buahahaha

edificio
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:18 AM
I don't know if it was b.s. or not. She did appear to have a stiff back earlier in the match. All of her injuries this month have seemed overdramatized, though. She's not the only player like that, though, so...

DimaDinosaur
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:38 AM
Can you move on already? Serena already lost her match. Jankovic is in the semis. Nothing will change this fact.

Lucyxx
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:08 AM
It was drama from very early in the match. You could see something like this developing. :lol:

Looking forward to more encounters between the two.

pengluv
Sep 16th, 2008, 03:29 AM
lol i just remembered how she mentioned she was injured in the ceremony when nobody asked lol

fufuqifuqishahah
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:18 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAH hilarious

:weirdo: delete

Optima
Sep 16th, 2008, 05:43 AM
:rolls:

Brena
Sep 16th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Am i the only one who thought jankovics injury time out was b.s.

Yes, you were. :rolls: