PDA

View Full Version : For TENNIS sake, the final has to be Sharapova vs Ivanovic or Williams

eugreene2
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
This thread is basically for the US residents. Tennis is so far off the radar that it's sickening. Even a major match between Maria & Justine gets little to no attention. As slow as sports were today, they rather talk about Tom Brady wearing a walking boot than both Serena & Justing getting taken down in straight sets. I know many of you wont agree (especially the ones across the water) but we need this final. AND WE NEED IT TO BE A CLASSIC!!!

Tennis has the primetime spotlight on friday here in the US ... for once, ladies, do your sport a favor and take advantage of it.

Bruno71
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:05 AM
If you said Sharapova vs. Williams I could see your point. What will Ivanovic bring to the table? She's not that well known here, even though she's pretty.

sfselesfan
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:06 AM
Yeah because women's tennis came to a screeching halt in the US when Graf double bageled Zvereva in the 1988 RG final.

SF

eugreene2
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:08 AM
If you said Sharapova vs. Williams I could see your point. What will Ivanovic bring to the table? She's not that well known here, even though she's pretty.

The part in bold is it exactly. In the US, looks are big. The few times I have heard women's tennis discussed on sports radio, looks are always a major part of the topic. Few of the guys that call in talk about Sharapovas game. They watch her for her looks.

Wiggly
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:12 AM
Sharapova vs Williams. Ivanovic is unknow.