PDA

View Full Version : A prayer for Venus (Williams fans we must unite)

J_Migoe
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:38 PM
I think its going to be a very tough match for Venus this today so I just thought I'd send a prayer to heaven asking God for his blessings.

Lord, we dedicate Venus' life unto your hands. Lord, we pray that you do not give her victory for that will be selfish of us. We ask thee Jesus that you just bless her and give her the strength to play very well and do us proud.
We committ her body and her soul unto your hands Father. And we bind the forces of evil, curses, negativity, witchcraft and darkness that might be against her by the power of the Holy Spirit. We cast them away in Jesus' mighty name. Lord,we pray that you dispel from Venus any thought of doubt but instead we ask thee father that you bestow on her peace and confidence O Lord so that she may execute her game well O God.
Thank you Lord for blessing us and redeeming us. In Jesus mighty name we pray! Amen

woosey
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:39 PM
wth? do not bring jesus into this. :lol:

Willam
:o

Another TWAT contender..

Willam
wth? do not bring jesus into this. :lol:

Must be agree..

and its Jesus..!

vw.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:40 PM
Isn't that a bit much just to cheer your favourite player to victory?

I mean, I'd be ecstatic if Venus won tonight and I want nothing else but that, but if she loses, life goes on. :shrug:

slamchamp
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:40 PM
:cuckoo:

sfselesfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
I'll pray to Mother Earth too.

*to the scent of burning laurel leaves*

"Gaia, in all your eternal glory grant Venus the strength to dominate like the diva she is..."

SF

LDF
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
:spit:

vwfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
oh my, it's not that serious.

venus is my fav. i'd love to see her win this tournament, but

kids are starving in the world and tennis is ultimately about a little yellow ball. . .

new-york
no blasphemy but today it is in Stamina, Forehand & Serve mighty names that i pray.
winmen.

Tennisation
:weirdo:WTF? I thought something bad happened to Venus like she's gonna die or sum, this thread title & content is uncall for.

woosey
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:43 PM
no blasphemy but today it is in Stamina, Forehand & Serve mighty names that i pray.
winmen.

:lol:

sfselesfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Venus = the Mary Magdalene of tennis. May she serve aces to the worthy.

SF

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Lord, thank you for giving Venus those heavenly long black legs.
Let them reach to you and have the power to move and dominate in your grace so she can SMITE THE SERBIAN HETHAN!!!
Amen.

See what happens when you put God and tennis together.

Michael!
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:46 PM
A prayer for Venus, nice idea, we can pray for everything :angel:

J_Migoe
People, there's no need to get philosophical and all that. We support our fave in our own different ways. I dont know about you guys but Im a Christian and I always pray for the sisters. If they lose, I still pray and thank God for the results.
Yesterday, I think the Jankovic camp's prayer were stronger than mine so that's why Serena lost..(maybe lol). I am convinced.
Today, I'm actually fasting. I'm missing lunch and dinner to fast for Venus' game.
O YE OF LITTLE FAITH!!!

Tennisation
Since ya'll are calling God's name in vain, He will let Ana win

rollup
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:47 PM
Venus = the Mary Magdalene of tennis. May she serve aces to the worthy.

SF

:haha:

DOUBLEFIST
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:47 PM
I pray BOTH girls play their hearts out and stay healthy and the best player wins!!

Sir Stefwhit
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Here's a better prayer:

Dear Lord, first off thank you for all that you've done for me, did for me, and will continue to do for me. If you can see fit to make Serena win the next ten slams I'd be oh so grateful. And while you're at it please don't let Justine, Venus, Sharapova, or anyone playing at this time ever pass her in Slam totals.

Thank you!

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:49 PM
People, there's no need to get philosophical and all that. We support our fave in our own different ways. I dont know about you guys but Im a Christian and I always pray for the sisters. If they lose, I still pray and thank God for the results.
Yesterday, I think the Jankovic camp's prayer were stronger than mine so that's why Serena lost..(maybe lol). I am convinced.
Today, I'm actually fasting. I'm missing lunch and dinner to fast for Venus' game.
O YE OF LITTLE FAITH!!!

Ahhh. Griffin we got ourselves a problem in aisle "Jesus loves me yes I know cause the voices tells me so".

sfselesfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Let them reach to you and have the power to move and dominate in your grace so she can SMITE THE SERBIAN HETHAN!!! Amen.

:haha: I love Ana too, but that was funny!

SF

#1Davenport
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:53 PM
I see nothing wrong with prayer in any situation. So, Jesus, please help Venus!

Stamp Paid
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Stop being so pressed. You know Venus - she will either show up or she wont.

J_Migoe
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:48 PM
Stop being so pressed. You know Venus - she will either show up or she wont.
O she will sweetheart. By the blood of Jesus she will!!

sfselesfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:58 PM
O she will sweetheart. By the blood of Jesus she will!!

Can I get a cleanup on Aisle 5? Cleanup on Aisle 5.

SF

égalité
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Maybe you should pray that she doesn't have a fight with Oracene before the match. :tape:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:46 AM
Let them reach to you and have the power to move and dominate in your grace so she can SMITE THE SERBIAN HETHAN!!!
Amen.

:sad: God didn't answer my prayer. I wonder why?
Maybe it has something to with all of us being loved in God's eyes or something. ;)