PDA

View Full Version : Classy Serena and Justine fans after dissapointing losses

G1Player2
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:28 PM
Well, for the first time in a long time I have seen nothing but total class from both fan groups after two very disheartening matches. No big fights or drama at all and I know we are gutted that out faves lost but we recovered. There hasn't been two many excuses, fights, etc., we just know our girls weren't at their best and the better player won. Especially with Justine fans who have been nothing but respectful after that loss.

Tennisstar86
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
well... most of the Key crazies from both sides havent exactly posted around here....

sfselesfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:32 PM
The nut jobs are still under their respectice rocks chewing crow and hoping everyone forgets all the crap they posted.

That being said, I agree.

SF

Sir Stefwhit
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
This thread feels like a real positive thread as opposed to other thread praising Justine fans for being classy. That thread felt like it was really a backhanded insult to Serena fans, whereas this one seems more genuine.

Don't be surprised to see this thread fall like a stone and not generate responses like the other more divisive thread. Good threads don't have a good shelf life on the GM.

mykarma
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
This thread feels like a real positive thread as opposed to other thread praising Justine fans for being classy. That thread felt like it was really a backhanded insult to Serena fans, whereas this one seems more genuine.

Don't be surprised to see this thread fall like a stone and not generate responses like the other more divisive thread. Good threads don't have a good shelf life on the GM.
Ain't that the truth. :lol:

Aaron.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Im not gonna be classy Serena played like shit.

This was her worst match in a long time probally since Hantuchova at 2006 AO

First of all everything that was working for Serena went wrong her Serve and her Footwork she was moving great until today.

Second Jelena didnt play that well...yesterday Serena moved worst then Lindsay Davenport all Jelena did was get the ball back in play and pass Serena on her poor drop shots or an attempt to come to net.

Henin didnt play as bad as Serena did but she served pretty bad Sharapova had to win the point so many times and Justine had great defense the first set was close but Sharapova did everything better then Justine yesterday

Aaron.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:10 PM
Jelena is a good player though i wouldnt be as dissapointed as i am now if Serena would have moved around the court and actually played tennis

Nicolás89
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:19 PM
Again, if they only could be classy in victory aswell.

danieln1
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:23 PM

First of all everything that was working for Serena went wrong her Serve and her Footwork she was moving great until today.

Second Jelena didnt play that well...yesterday Serena moved worst then Lindsay Davenport all Jelena did was get the ball back in play and pass Serena on her poor drop shots or an attempt to come to net.

Henin didnt play as bad as Serena did but she served pretty bad Sharapova had to win the point so many times and Justine had great defense the first set was close but Sharapova did everything better then Justine yesterday

Took the words out of my mouth

Matt01
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Second Jelena didnt play that well...

I see...giving the winners some real credit is really asked too much from some people. Sad.

goldenboi356
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:52 PM
actually i didn't see much of the serena match because i was sleeping so ill have energy for justine match, so i can't comment on how well janko played, but justine played so shitty. serena and justine will recover from this! i know it.

VivalaSeles
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:55 PM

Obviously Juju played much better than Serena:
1st serve % 48 (Juju) 59 (Serena)
Aces O (Juju) 4 (Serena)
DF 5 (Juju) 5 (Serena)
W 11 (Juju) 34 (Serena)
UE 21 (Juju) 36 (Serena)
W/UE ratio -10 (Juju) -2 (Serena)

Congratulations to both Jankovic and Sharapova.

cogent53
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:25 PM
As a Justine fan, I'm trying to avoid any nasty threads, but I am glad to hear Henin fans have been gracious (if they have!) as Justine didn't have too much to be mad about. Sharapova was just outstanding today. The big difference was the serve. Maria dominated on hers - and on Justine's. I do think Henin's serve is getting to be a bit of a worry. It's not got going in 2008, and was always such a strength. However, I thought Justine's running defence was superb. Not seen anyone race around like that for ages, yet it wasn;t enough! Sharapova was superb, and I didn't even get depressed as a Henin fan. I don't think this loss will be too painful for Henin - unlike the Bartoli loss. If Henin had served better, the match might have been closer, but any Henin watcher knows she hasn't been in her best form for a while. To be honest, She's been on a bit of a decline since the US Open. But she'll bounce back, and it's good to have others pushing for the slams. Makes the women's game interesting.
I was shocked by Serena's loss as Jankovic hasn't been impressive. However, watching the match later, Serena was very subdued, and her movement was not good. I watched it straight after the Henin match, ( and I bet Henin wishes she'd had Serena in the quarters again now!!) and the movement of Serena and Jelena was very sluggish. JJ improved once she detected Serena's lack of mobility, and you could see that she realised she had a chance of winning. Congratulations to her for taking that chance, but any Serena fans who will bemoan her loss due to injury, well, she didn't look at her best at all. Was it the blister? Like all the players, she struggled to serve with the sun. EVERY player has found it tough in the early afternoon matches with the sun overhead.
I'm more of a Jelena fan than a Serena one, but it was a good battle. If I were a Serena fan, I would be worried about her long term future as she seems to be having problems with fitness. Jelena will be given little chance against red hot Sharapova, but every day is a new one. Sharapova approached the Davenport and Henin matches like finals. Maybe she'll be a little more complacent?
As WTA fans, it's great to have the Williams, Jankovic, Ivanovic, Sharapova and Henin in the last 8 playing each other. Radwanska and Hanchukova are the less starry ones, but one of them will be in the semis. Bet Sveta really is kicking herself now.

vejh
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:28 PM
Paragraphs folks.

dave1971
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:29 PM
Well, for the first time in a long time I have seen nothing but total class from both fan groups after two very disheartening matches. No big fights or drama at all and I know we are gutted that out faves lost but we recovered. There hasn't been two many excuses, fights, etc., we just know our girls weren't at their best and the better player won. Especially with Justine fans who have been nothing but respectful after that loss.

"Classy" is a word often used to describe hookers.

sharapovarulz1
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:30 PM
The haters are probably still hitting there heads against a wall lol!

But in all fairness every set of fans has been great at this AO :)

I think we are growing up guys lol!

mykarma
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Aces O (Juju) 4 (Serena)
DF 5 (Juju) 5 (Serena)
W 11 (Juju) 34 (Serena)
UE 21 (Juju) 36 (Serena)

You forgot 2nd serve % and I think it was around 30% for Serena but even so if you saw both matches you know that Justine played much better than Serena

Matt01
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:56 PM
You forgot 2nd serve % and I think it was around 30% for Serena but even so if you saw both matches you know that Justine played much better than Serena

Hmmm, I saw both matches and I don't "know" that, but maybe it's just me...

Both Justine and Serena played quite crappy for their usual standard IMO, but I don't think that the difference was that terribly big.

ETA: Credit should be given instead to Pova (as much as I dislike her) and Janko, who were both excellent.

spencercarlos
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:50 AM
Aces O (Juju) 4 (Serena)
DF 5 (Juju) 5 (Serena)
W 11 (Juju) 34 (Serena)
UE 21 (Juju) 36 (Serena)

Your stats "obviously" show that Serena played much better than Henin period. @ Winners/errors ratio show that.

cynicole
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:26 AM
Yeah, the crazies are hiding their hurt. It also helps that they lost 3 times on the same day (Serena lost once, Serena lost again in doubles, then Justine gets served a bagel) and the whole time zone thing (people not bothering to be awake to watch a player they don't like).

The rest of us (including that rare breed of fan, the Justine AND Serena fan) are just used to seeing them bounce back from predicaments much worse than simply losing a match. Tough day, but there's still some 9-10 months left in the season, and three other slams (and the Olympics for the folks who care about it).

Sir Stefwhit
Jan 26th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Reading the player transcripts I noticed that Serena, Venus, and Justine were all more than gracious in defeat. All giving credit to their opponents.

No surprise this has gone un-noticed and not commented on by many in this forum. Ignore the good and glorify the bad...

cellophane
Jan 27th, 2008, 12:43 AM
You starting this thread is a joke. Classy my ass :haha:

G1Player2
Jan 27th, 2008, 12:46 AM
You starting this thread is a joke. Classy my ass :haha:

Get out of here you troll. Obviously, I was sincere when I made this thread. If you can't add anything constructive, which we know you can't since you are a MAJOR WS hater, then don't comment in the thread. Most WS fans know you, your M.O, and what you're up to. :weirdo:

Dave.
Jan 27th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Yeah...but everyone else's fans have been completely classless towards Ana. Making up complete shit about a girl who was one of the best liked players a week ago.

cellophane
Jan 27th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Get out of here you troll. Obviously, I was sincere when I made this thread.

Bitch please. You can't expect to be taken seriously considering the garbage you post here regularly.

If you can't add anything constructive, which we know you can't since you are a MAJOR WS hater, then don't comment in the thread. Most WS fans know you, your M.O, and what you're up to. :weirdo:Can you make a sentence without spewing your usual tard bullshit a.k.a. "SERENA HATER!!!!" (or saying I'm in a Serena thread.... when it's GENERAL MESSAGES and I'm commenting on a match score because I care about tennis matches, you know?... the world doesn't revolve around Serena as you might think) or is that too much to ask for your pea-sized brain? :lol: Anyways, you are too stupid to get it.

G1Player2
Jan 27th, 2008, 12:59 AM
[quote=cellophane;12399368]Bitch please. You can't expect to be taken seriously considering the garbage you post here regularly.

Oh please. What garbage? Have I ever said I hated Justine at all? OD I post in Justine threads and gloat when she loses? Check my posts history. You will notice that I never say anything negative towards Justine and I hardly ever post in threads she wins or loses. So, whatever garbage you assume I spew, it's rarely towards Justine or her losses.

Can you make a sentence without spewing your usual tard bullshit a.k.a. "SERENA HATER!!!!" (or saying I'm in a Serena thread.... when it's GENERAL MESSAGES and I'm commenting on a match score because I care about tennis matches, you know?... the world doesn't revolve around Serena as you might think) or is that too much to ask for your pea-sized brain? :lol: Anyways, you are too stupid to get it.

Nope. You're a Serena hater. Live with it. ALL the WS fans know it and we don't even really think you are a Justine fan at all. You just root for her because you think she is the biggest threat to Venus and Serena and you know it. Anyway, because you are such a hater, and you provide NOTHING to substance on these boards at all, I will do us both of favor and throw your dumb ass on ignore. You came right in this thread starting shit because you're just a shit-stirring Serena hating, jealous troll. So, I hope you got my bad rep as well but it might dissapear since you're on my ignore list now. See ya. :wavey:

cellophane
Jan 27th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Oh please. What garbage? Have I ever said I hated Justine at all? OD I post in Justine threads and gloat when she loses? Check my posts history. You will notice that I never say anything negative towards Justine and I hardly ever post in threads she wins or loses. So, whatever garbage you assume I spew, it's rarely towards Justine or her losses.

Sure, you don't post any shit about Justine (like calling her a cheat or anything like that) or saying stuff like she doesn't lose to a healthy Serena... never ever... riiiiiiiiiight. Tell it to someone who'll buy it.

Nope. You're a Serena hater. Live with it. ALL the WS fans know it and we don't even really think you are a Justine fan at all. You just root for her because you think she is the biggest threat to Venus and Serena and you know it. Anyway, because you are such a hater, and you provide NOTHING to substance on these boards at all, I will do us both of favor and throw your dumb ass on ignore. You came right in this thread starting shit because you're just a shit-stirring Serena hating, jealous troll. So, I hope you got my bad rep as well but it might dissapear since you're on my ignore list now. See ya. :wavey:And you are an idiot, who calls anyone who disagrees with you about Serena a HATER, because you have no brain. Oh, yeah, sure... I only like Justine because she is a threat to the Williams sisters... that's why I had her as number 2 on my list out of the 8 players left who played in the quarters... :lol: I do have to say... I do hope she passes Serena this year, just so that you and the rest of the trolls (only the trolls) can squirm. :lol: I do have you on my ignore, but it's fun to reply once in a while. Back on ignore you go though.

VivalaSeles
Jan 27th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Your stats "obviously" show that Serena played much better than Henin period. @ Winners/errors ratio show that.

Do you know what sarcasm is?

spencercarlos
Jan 27th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Do you know what sarcasm is?
:p

Kenny
Jan 27th, 2008, 03:14 AM
I'm sorry, but I think that the Venus fans were classy as well. I did nothing but praise the efforts of Ivanovic after she won.