PDA

View Full Version : More Bold Prediction: Jelena Jankovic vs Venus Williams FINAL!!!

Direwolf
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:58 PM
Serena won USO in 99'
3 slams later
Venus was holding hers in W 00'

Clijsters reached her 1st
GS final in FO 01'
a slam later
Henin reached hers in W 01'

Ivanovic reached her 1st
GS final in FO 07'
Djokovic in USO 07'
slams later
Jankovic would be holding her
Runners Up trophy in AO 08'

somehow...
these players tend to inspire
each other...

Tennisation
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:01 PM
oh Jelena's winning this one, this is the worst matchup for Venus, all Jelena has to do is throw Venus 25 mph serves and she will self-destruct:lol:

vwfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
oh Jelena's winning this one, this is the worst matchup for Venus, all Jelena has to do is throw Venus 25 mph serves and she will self-destruct:lol:
this is true, especially since there is no tiebreak in the third set. still, Wimbledon 2005 says Venus is a tremendous competitor in a Grand Slam final even when the odds are against her. She has only lost one slam final to someone not also named Williams. :devil:

Direwolf
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:05 PM

have you seen what
happend to Jill Craybas??

Venus lost in slams are only to people who
are holding slams themselves..

USO 97' Hingis has 3 slams
FO-W-USO-AO-W 02'-03'
Serena had 1-2-3-4-5 slams

Direwolf
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:07 PM
how would venus self destruct
when she has made
less than 20 errors in her last 2 matches?

Tennisation
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:15 PM
how would venus self destruct
when she has made
less than 20 errors in her last 2 matches?Jelena's a different matchup for Venus, Venus have always had trouble with Jelena especially her slow serves, Venus can't return slow serves very well. Because Jelena gets a lot of balls back, that Venus will eventuallly break down, that's why she has so much trouble with players like Hingis. Athough Venus did beat Jelena at the USO, but it was not a convincing win, and Venus looked better at the US than she did here.

joćo.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:16 PM
I think there's a higher possibility for Maria vs. Ana in the final than Jelena vs. Venus at this point but that's just me.

veryempty
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:16 PM
Maria has easy going so far, and that may be the big plus for Jelena... On the other side, Ana will be "absolutely demolished by Venus" lol, as usual.
So, my prediction is Jelena vs Venus in final, just like you said, and probably Venus will be the new champ... except if Jelena start thinking - I have nothing to lose, so lets face the tennis and dance... in that case, Jelena might win... but lets wait Sharapova challenge first. I predict that Sharapova will play very pure, it will be an ugly match...