PDA

View Full Version : Bold Prediction: Radwanska vs. Sharapova Final

Tennisation
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
with Radwanska winning her first grand slam at 18, a repeat of last year's UO kick-assing result:devil:

Shoulderpova
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
I really hope Radwanska and Maria both can make the finals :)

sfselesfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:50 PM
If Venus makes it by Ivanovic, I'd be more scared of a Radwanska SF than a Hantuchova SF. Radwanska's game matches up fairly well against Venus.

I never cry if Venus loses to a young-gun like Agi. I love underdogs.

SF

kolan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:56 PM
If Venus makes it by Ivanovic, I'd be more scared of a Radwanska SF than a Hantuchova SF. Radwanska's game matches up fairly well against Venus.

I never cry if Venus loses to a young-gun like Agi. I love underdogs.

SF

I disagree. I think aga's game plays quite well into venus hands and i would prefer that she plays ivanovic if aga beats hantuchova. Venus only met aga once and although aga won venus was injured. I just feel an aga venus semi wouldnt be good for aga - but i hope you are right ;)

A'DAM
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:21 PM
Maria - Aga final wow that would be something :lol:

John.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:22 PM
I think it will Jankovic V Venus

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:25 PM
So somehow Aga is going to step up her game to beat Venus when she hasn't done anything special to make the quarters? Riight.
Kuzzie and Petrova just imploded in their matches against her and Venus is hard to stop once she gets to the quarters of a slam, you have to play the one of the matches of your life to beat her once she gets there.

I wouldn't call it a bold prediction, perhaps a stupid one.

St.Sebastian
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:38 PM
So somehow Aga is going to step up her game to beat Venus when she hasn't done anything special to make the quarters? Riight.
Kuzzie and Petrova just imploded in their matches against her and Venus is hard to stop once she gets to the quarters of a slam, you have to play the one of the matches of your life to beat her once she gets there.

Yeah, you're right. Aga never beat a top-20 player based on her own merit. It's always the opponents injury (Venus) or an off-day (Sharapova, Petrova, Hingis, Bartoli, Kuznestova)

spriwi
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:40 PM

i m affraif you're so right

danieln1
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
If she reaches the final, Maria will know how to trash her, even if she uses gamesmanship again!

spriwi
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah, you're right. Aga never beat a top-20 player based on her own merit. It's always the opponents injury (Venus) or an off-day (Sharapova, Petrova, Hingis, Bartoli, Kuznestova)

well bartoli was playing very well when aga beat her. aga herself was playing awesome there. + she beat dani & shahar playing quite well herself once in zurich already.

+ she beat well-playing dementieva in luxembourg, that was a nice match by her too. + well playing myskina once in warsaw.

to sum up: it depends. she usually wins important matches when opponents bainfart, but she really CAN PLAY very well and earn her wins. hope it happens today :angel:

A'DAM
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:45 PM

And the list continues: Hantuchova , Dementieva , Myskina

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:47 PM

And that's enough to make a prediction like this? :lol:

She's not a top 20 player and maybe you haven't noticed but a player outside the top 20 that wasn't named Venus OR Serena has not made it to a slam final this decade.

So dream on.

Dodoboy.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:47 PM

:worship::worship::worship:

Dodoboy.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:48 PM
and that final will get the lowest international ratings for a Grand Slam final in the history of the OPEN era!

Dodoboy.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:49 PM
well maybe not that extreme because Pova is a big star but still!