PDA

View Full Version : Any inkling as to what was trroubling serena?

beall420
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
I am just curious. she alluded to it but did not want to elaborate.

any ideas as to what could have caused her loss of energy?

thanks all!

IceSkaTennisFan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:11 PM
They were talking about something being rubbed down before the match.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
I thought maybe her Aunt Flow was visting :shrug::scratch:

But whatever it was, good for her for not blaming that on her loss :yeah: The journalists were asking really :unsure: questions, and good on her for not taking the bait.

sfselesfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:40 PM
She wasn't moving as well as she was before the match. Why? I don't know. I also think the sun was bothering her, particularly in the first set.

All credit to Jelena, she played a great match given the conditions.

SF

starin
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:41 PM

But whatever it was, good for her for not blaming that on her loss :yeah: The journalists were asking really :unsure: questions, and good on her for not taking the bait.

yeah they were reallly baiting her. But she watched what she said so that's good. But I think most people who saw that match (other than some delusional haters) know that somethign was up and Serena played pretty poorly. This is one of the few times where it was pretty clear that that was the case. And the majority of commentators noticed that.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:43 PM

LMAO!!! :haha: true dat!!!! and for serena it's the reverse..while everyone becomes moody, serena becomes passive...:lol:

beall420
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:11 PM
I think the aubnt flo theory may be correct.

women who spend alot of time together tend to sync up naturally and venus has been looking a little sluggish as well.

Hopefully she will be ready to go tonight!

Tennisation
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:20 PM
the conspiracy that is Serena Williams:
She moved well against Nicole in the 4th round then all of a sudden was crap in her QF. There is no injury, during her QF match, she realized that she was probably gonna play Justine in the Semis and shitted her pants, so she lost on purpose so she doesn't have to meet Justine again, but little did she know, Maria kicked Justine's ass, by then it was all but too late cuz she's already on a flight back to her hometown.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Why does Serena have to have an injury or something wrong with her when she's beaten? Jelena might have just out played her and everyone's calling it an upset. An upset my backside it was upset. Serena is an excuse a thon waiting happening when she loses why not give her opponent credit that she out played her it would be a really nice change . I was so glad to see her get beaten in both the singles and doubles yesterday it made my day.

DOUBLEFIST
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Why does Serena have to have an injury or something wrong with her when she's beaten? Jelena might have just out played her and everyone's calling it an upset. An upset my backside it was upset. Serena is an excuse a thon waiting happening when she loses why not give her opponent credit that she out played her it would be a really nice change . I was so glad to see her get beaten in both the singles and doubles yesterday it made my day.

Clearly, you didn't see the match. Or you're simply being critically dishonest. The main problems Serena had had NOTHING to do with the other player. poor Serve, lack of fight, abysmal footwork.

All that having said, JJ deserved to win.

matty
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:11 PM

made your day? wow, get a life.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:21 PM

I agree...she doesn make so many excuses. She must feel she is omnipitant or something. Her opponent never beats her, its always HER not being 100%.

Craigy
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
I agree...she doesn make so many excuses. She must feel she is omnipitant or something. Her opponent never beats her, its always HER not being 100%.

Well this time she didn't make an excuse and actually gave some credit. But I guess you didn't read that.

Nemo_Kool
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:31 PM
It made your day? Wat a sad life you lead:rolleyes:

bandabou
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:42 PM
She didn't even make an excuse. She openly stated: Jelena was better than me today. What's more to be said?

LANGAM
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:03 AM
PPle have to understand that when we say something was wrong with Serena we are not taking anything away from Jelena. Serena was not serving as she usually does, she was not moving well at all, she kept putting her backhand halfway up the net. Kudos to Jelena for taking her chances and playing well because we all know that an injured Serena is just as dangerous if given the chance. There is no need to attack pple coz they are only stating their observations.