PDA

View Full Version : AO FINALISTS: Sharapova vs. Ivanovic

bertoltbrecht
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
Sharapova will win this thing. I am not confident that Venus will get past Ivanovic and if she makes it to the final will she have anything left to beat Sharapova?

Rik.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:47 AM
are you going to make a thread for everything? :rolleyes: :tape:

goldlion
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
Well I do think Ana is capable of beating Venus.

Let's see what is gonna happen.

DimaDinosaur
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
I think Venus plays Ivanovic's game better than Ivanovic

mboyle
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Venus has seen a sharp decline in her play since the US Open. I thought it might have reversed itself after Hong Kong, but she has been shoddy at best this tournament. Ivanovic has looked very good. That said, Venus has such a large mental edge that she is still the favorite.

tennisbear7
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:53 PM
Venus has seen a sharp decline in her play since the US Open. I thought it might have reversed itself after Hong Kong, but she has been shoddy at best this tournament. Ivanovic has looked very good. That said, Venus has such a large mental edge that she is still the favorite.

Venus usually plays like dog shit in the opening rounds of grand slams, so I find it a fairly ridiculous assumption that she won't play well and that she is in "sharp decline". She knows how to turn it on when it counts. Could it be your attempt to assuage your fears about Venus possibly beating Maria at another slam?

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
That's why she will leave the AO ranked no lower than posibly 6.

Poova
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Don't jinx Maria please, she still has Jelena in the SF before she can even think about the final. :o

Uranium
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Jankovic vs. Venus

LudwigDvorak
Jan 22nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
I also fear Jankovic making the final. Sharapova played one of the best individual performances I've ever seen from a player last night, but Jankovic is so irritating, always fucking up what I want to happen. :o Biggest pest ever.

If Maria can tee off on Jankovic's serve and hit those deep groundies crosscourt consistently she'll be fine. Bottom half, I don't even want to guess who will make the final. But it does look like Ivanovic at this stage. Hope I'm wrong.

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
i agree, this will be the showdown. however, i think ana will be winning her first slam. ana def. maria 6-4, 6-4 in the final.

starin
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:42 PM
I think Venus plays Ivanovic's game better than Ivanovic

THey don't even play the same game. Just because they both hit the ball hard doesn't mean the play the same game. :rolleyes:

Ivanovic is the most likely finalist based on form. Venus was playing as as bad if not worse than Henin in her early round matches and look what happened to Henin :tape: I just hope Venus fights hard no matter what her form is. And unless she is exhausted or whatever from anemia I know she will :yeah:

spiritedenergy
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:27 PM
All this Ana jinxing????:tape::help:

She won't win Venus, Venus is serving very good and that's all she needs vs Ana at the moment sadly.

Also Ana vs. Maria in this form???? Oh my God no, Maria is looking like Seles in 1992, simply unstoppable. I don't like Maria's game and her dad and everything, but I've never seen in my "tennis life" something like yesterday night, if she can keep this level she's unbeatable, but hopefully she won't, it would be not human and scary.

Tennisation
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
Oh dear lord I hope not, if Ana makes the final, Maria will blow her off the court. What Ana can do, Maria can do but better, and Maria's mentality is much better than Ana's. Look at what happened at the YEC last year, it'll be the same result, possibly worse.

Ballbasher
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
Sharapova-Hantuchova they're both playing well enough :D

serenus_2k8
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Sharapova vs winner of Ana-Vee Match = Final.