PDA

View Full Version : I Have To Say, As A Maria Fan, Justine Fans Have Been More Than Classy in Defeat

stevos
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:55 AM
Just going through the thread after this amazing win for Maria, there was no hate, no excuses, and almost every noticeable Justine fan gave big credit and props to Maria.

It's such a nice contrast to after the Serena-Jelena match, and I'm really impressed with how well Justine fans handle themselves. I know I wouldn't be so classy after Maria being bagelled.

Just saying I notice. ;)

eck
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:58 AM
What's there to hide?
Maria was unstoppable, but Justine made her that way.

Maria is just to good for what Justine's gameplan was today.

Yasmine
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:07 AM
A lot of fans are classy in defeat. It's just you usually only see the ones who make themselves noticed by being out of line and not being able to show a little respect;)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:12 AM
:lol: Thanks Stevos.

SharapovaFan16
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:13 AM
What's there to hide?
Maria was unstoppable, but Justine made her that way.

Maria is just to good for what Justine's gameplan was today.

This guy is saying everything there is to say, but he'll refuse to say Maria beat Justine. It was more Justine's fault than Maria's doing.

mdterp01
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:13 AM
:yawn:

nhissan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
who cares what you think?

barmaid
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
High quality stuff from both players...it was worth getting up at 4:30 a.m...certainly Maria reached an all time high with her performance today..Justine was on the defence the whole time she couldn't get a first serve in....loved the great comeback though in the first set when with score at 5-4 it was high drama as the lead see-sawed back and forth but tonight there was no denying who was the better player out there...simply awesome Maria! :bounce: I'm sure Justine will readily admit...she was "outclassed" in every department. Congrats to Maria...:hearts::worship:

barmaid:wavey:

saniapower
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:17 AM
:p

eck
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:18 AM
This guy is saying everything there is to say, but he'll refuse to say Maria beat Justine. It was more Justine's fault than Maria's doing.

:lol:

I said Maria was unstoppable, and you say I didn't give her credit? :tape:

And yes, it was Justine's fault as well, along with Maria's play. If you want to believe it was all because of Maria, you can. ;)

treufreund
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks man! Maria was just too good. I did not even really feel bad about this loss. I kind of knew that when Maria is on like this that Justine cannot implement her game. She simply cannot get her racquet on the shots and often cannot step into the ball. Maria has just shown why a hard, flat ball can really trouble a player who relies on time and variety. Of course, I prefer a more all-court style which Maria has developed somewhat but her game was just too tough. Justine will just go back to the drawing board and work on what she can.

mboyle
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:21 AM
I full-heartedly agree.

Avid Merrion
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:23 AM
unlike the OP who just couldn't resist having a snidey little dig :lol:

maybe some of the class you've witnessed will rub off on you :angel:

DemWilliamsGulls
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:24 AM
The ones that have LOGGED ON lol have been very classy...had she won...the board would have been FLOODED with Henin fans. You probably wont see the bulk of them back until the tournament is over.

Mightymirza
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:26 AM
anyone who watched the match would give props to maria..She deserved to win today..Even though I dont like her at all it would be difficult to handle her for anyone else!!

sharapovarulz1
Well most fans are classy in defeat, but you do get the odd ass hole now and again lol

treufreund
I am sure some of us Justine fans will hide. But who cares? Justine is doing great but was just outclassed today. Now go on and win this title, Maria (or jelena :hearts: )

theDreamer
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks man! Maria was just too good. I did not even really feel bad about this loss. I kind of knew that when Maria is on like this that Justine cannot implement her game. She simply cannot get her racquet on the shots and often cannot step into the ball. Maria has just shown why a hard, flat ball can really trouble a player who relies on time and variety. Of course, I prefer a more all-court style which Maria has developed somewhat but her game was just too tough. Justine will just go back to the drawing board and work on what she can.

Well said treufeund :)

But I don't know...

There were still a few people who were saying things like "Henin just wasn't there today..."
or "Henin didn't fight as she normally does..." and trying to compare it the Serena-Jankovic
match.:rolleyes:

henin was "there", she did fight for every point - she was just outplayed (and unlucky with a few points).

Andy.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:29 AM
I have always respected Justine and her fans and I hope the 2 fanbases can continue to have that really good relationship with eachother.

bellascarlett
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
Justine Fans :hug:

PaulHopkins
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
Justine has always been a classy player/person and her fans seem to be the same :)

supergrunt
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:33 AM
Why do we talk about fans like they are the players.

vettipooh
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:35 AM
There's a reason for that. When a Williams loses, most people come on this board rejoicing, spewing hate and insults, aggravating their fans over and over and over....egging us on and most fall for the bait :tape: Hence it looks like we're sore losers because we naturally defend them. Plus most Justine fans have stayed away from embarrassment or they're still asleep :tape: Or they are probably in Justine's forum crying their little hearts out.

Tenis Srbija
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Unlike SW fans...sorry to say...

MistyGrey
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
I guess part of the reason is that both Maria and Justine have a lot of respect for eachother.

supergrunt
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:58 AM
yeah, because she just got straight out beat. there is nothing really to say. no legit.excuses

perseus2006
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:58 AM
Right on, Stevos!!! Thanks for pointing it out. I just finished going through a few long threads and I agree that Justine's fans have responded graciously, in general.

But why not? Justine is still #1, still an incredible champion and will still be the player to beat in her next tournament!!! Kudos to Justine for fighting to the last point today.

As a PovaPartisan, though, I thoroughly enjoyed the match and win. I was totally stunned when the chair announced "Game, Set, Match"! Congrats to Pova on a magnificent effort!

Two more matches to go...

jujufreak
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:03 AM
yeah, because she just got straight out beat. there is nothing really to say. no legit.excuses

and what's Serena's excuse :) ? That she turned into a mental midget this year? or can you admit Jelena was just better than her today :wavey:

Zweli
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:06 AM
There's a reason for that. When a Williams loses, most people come on this board rejoicing, spewing hate and insults, aggravating their fans over and over and over....egging us on and most fall for the bait :tape: Hence it looks like we're sore losers because we naturally defend them. Plus most Justine fans have stayed away from embarrassment or they're still asleep :tape: Or they are probably in Justine's forum crying their little hearts out.

I cannot put it better than you have Lol.

Maria fans are playing humble because they know they are NOT YET OUT OF THE FOREST,they fear because there are still some LIONS lying out there waiting to pounce on Maria.:lol::lol::lol:

VivalaSeles
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:07 AM
[quote=vettipooh;12367600]"There's a reason for that. When a Williams loses, most people come on this board rejoicing, spewing hate and insults, aggravating their fans over and over and over....egging us on and most fall for the bait :tape: Hence it looks like we're sore losers because we naturally defend them."

Please read the thread about Sharapova/Justine's match. You'll see the spewing of hate and insults.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:07 AM

Before you start trolling here again, Supergrunt... maybe you should think what happened to your fave today.

Go back to the corner and sob as much as you want. We don't want your tears to flood this thread.

treufreund
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:11 AM
I really don't see any reason why Maria fans can't gloat a bit. She was the bomb today. And we all know that Justine was outclassed. Serena's loss today was only similar in that she was taken out of her comfort zone but for different reasons.

lightningquick
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Before you start trolling here again, Supergrunt... maybe you should think what happened to your fave today.

Go back to the corner and sob as much as you want. We don't want your tears to flood this thread.

thank goodness supergrunt is not a henin fan :lol:.

It's all just a game people!

congrats maria again for the win.

Shimizu Amon
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:53 AM
Well most of the Justine fans are very nice and decent.
I respect them.

stevos
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Agreed.

This thread is pretty lame Steve. :o Particularly given the fact that a lot of Justine fans (or people in that thread in general) said the same thing about her "under performing" but they didn't get attacked for their opinion like the Serena fans did. I love how some fans see this issue so selectively.

Either way the arguing is ridiculous. But it's pretty obnoxious when one fan base gets all the blame. You do know it's impossible for them to argue with themselves. ;)

Seeing as it was 5:30 in the morning, and I had stayed up all night, and was extremely excited with how Maria played, I came on to share with others in the excitement, and noticed that almost all the Justine fans had been really gracious. Of course I know that there are fans of every fan base that are very classy, but just reading that Serena-Jelena thread was sickening. And I wasn't just talking about Serena fans! I was just using that thread as an example of ungracious fans (most recent one?). Maria fans, Ivanovic fans, I could go on naming, have all been idiots after their losses. Some idiot was talking about monkeys and shit too...anyway it was just supposed to be a positive thread, and was me being happy about the way it seemed an entire fan base could react after a higher quality match-up between to girls. No bitching, no whining. Like almost every other fan base I see do (including Maria's). And I didn't read EVERY single comment, so I didn't see every time a Justine fan took away from Maria, but it was the general aura I got from that.

sfselesfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:02 PM
It helps when all of the "Justine will dominate and win the grandslam" fans are still under their post-defeat rocks right now. I think they were suffering from shared delusions.

But I agree, the remaining fans (that I've seen...which haven't been many) have been relatively gracious.

SF

thrust
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:11 PM
Maria played great tennis yesterday, perhaps the most complete game of her carrer. Justine, at her very best, would have had a very difficult time beating Maria yesterday. If Maria can keep up her present form, she will win this AO. Considering what she went through last year, Maria deserves much credit for such outstanding play at the YEC and the AO.

Marshmallow
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Part of the explanaton is that the Justine loud mouths have gathered their scandal bags and ran for hills. I haven't seen Junex/Tenn_ace at all yet. By contrast i thought a lot of Serena's loudest fans stuck around and took it on the chin - though some not as classy as myself. :D

Stamp Paid
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:30 PM
How could they not be classy, they felt the love. :hearts: 6-love! :hearts:

sfselesfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:30 PM
Part of the explanaton is that the Justine loud mouths have gathered their scandal bags and ran for hills. I haven't seen Junex/Tenn_ace at all yet. By contrast i thought a lot of Serena's loudest fans stuck around and took it on the chin - though some not as classy as myself. :D

So true! :haha:

What's more classy? Running your mouth for months and then disappearing for a couple of weeks. Or coming back and taking the ramifications.

SF

Allez-H
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
It helps when all of the "Justine will dominate and win the grandslam" fans are still under their post-defeat rocks right now. I think they were suffering from shared delusions.

But I agree, the remaining fans (that I've seen...which haven't been many) have been relatively gracious.

SF

Uhm, why the hell would we run :scratch: Justine lost her first match in over 6 months against the best player in the world right now. Hardly something to be ashamed of. I've actually barely posted in GM this last year, and I could've posted numerous in-your-face threads if I wanted to with Ju's succes. The only time I atually felt the need to post was when Justine lost against Serena because it was such a great match, and this one because Maria played so damn superb. The general and genuine Justine fans (and I mean the ones that have been around since her choking days, not the bandwagonjumpers) never have been the greatest gloaters when she won or the worst losers when she lost. But just like any fanbase, it has its rotten apples. Even if the most of them suddenly became Justine-fans because she started winning.

Anyway, there has never been any beef between Maria -and Justinefans. Whether Maria won, or Justine won both fanbases have always been very respectful towards each other. Just like their favorites. I don't see why now should be any different.

stevos
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
Uhm, why the hell would we run :scratch: Justine lost her first match in over 6 months against the best player in the world right now. Hardly something to be ashamed of. I've actually barely posted in GM this last year, and I could've posted numerous in-your-face threads if I wanted to with Ju's succes. The only time I atually felt the need to post was when Justine lost against Serena because it was such a great match, and this one because Maria played so damn superb. The general and genuine Justine fans (and I mean the ones that have been around since her choking days, not the bandwagonjumpers) never have been the greatest gloaters when she won or the worst losers when she lost. But just like any fanbase, it has its rotten apples. Even if the most of them suddenly became Justine-fans because she started winning.

Anyway, there has never been any beef between Maria -and Justinefans. Whether Maria won, or Justine won both fanbases have always been very respectful towards each other. Just like their favorites. I don't see why now should be any different.

For sure, it was actually your post that made me notice more than anyone else's, surprisingly. Repekkkk. :hearts:

Destiny
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
Go Maria:)

Edward.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:39 PM
I generally find the Henin fans to be a classy bunch. :yeah:

treufreund
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:42 PM
MOST Maria and MOST Justine fans handle a defeat like this well. Both Justine and Maria handle defeat graciously and WE TEND TO REFLECT THE MENTALITY OF OUR FAVES!

Nicolás89
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
I just hope they could be classy in victory.

Nicolás89
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
Agreed.

This thread is pretty lame Steve. :o Particularly given the fact that a lot of Justine fans (or people in that thread in general) said the same thing about her "under performing" but they didn't get attacked for their opinion like the Serena fans did. I love how some fans see this issue so selectively.

:bs:

danieln1
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
The diference in those two matches is that Henin didn´t play bad, the opposite of Serena, who played like shit, that´s the only diference, and Williams fans said that already

treufreund
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
I just hope they could be classy in victory.

Good point. We get too excited when she wins because we feel like so many people are hating on here. You can help out with this problem by now being nice to her and to us. Would you accept my offer of an olive branch so that we can improve our behaviour? :)

Aaron.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:53 PM
The diference in those two matches is that Henin didn´t play bad, the opposite of Serena, who played like shit, that´s the only diference, and Williams fans said that already exactly Henin didnt play bad the first set was good. Henin made Maria win the point I dont remember Henin moving as bad as Serena did.

meyerpl
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
who cares what you think?Uh.....you do or you wouldn't have opened the thread to find out.

Petersmiler
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:05 PM
Justine was beaten fair and square. No excuses. Maria was simply too good.

Having said that, I hope Justine gets her revenge soon!

V-MAC
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:11 PM

exactly :lol:

Dodoboy.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
its threads like these that accelerate the friction between the fan groups!

Sir Stefwhit
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
I think it's easier for Sharapova fans to deal with losing to Justine than dealing with her losing to "other" top players. The reverse is also true. In addition to that the two bases seem somewhat united over a common 'enemy' and enemy fan base, so it's really not all that surprising that they appear to be more gracious in defeat.

The same thing happens when Venus beats Serena. For the most part Serena fans are more than gracious in defeat, and vice versa.

Not to mention that the two camps have a lot a crossover fans, more than some of the other top players do. So again, it's not surprising in the least. Although as more and more messages start to come in I think the thread starter may want to revise his position. There are still a fair number of "sour grapes" out there.

stevos
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:34 PM
Uh.....you do or you wouldn't have opened the thread to find out.
:worship: :hearts:
I wasn't going to reply to that one, but nice. Nice.
its threads like these that accelerate the friction between the fan groups!

Who's fault is that? Everyone is taking it the wrong way and is so defensive. All I wanted to start the thread for was to give an optimistic look at a fan base who seemed surprisingly classy. The only way it can cause friction between fan groups is if other fans feel insecure about how people in their groups react after their favourite loses.

stevos
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM

Still can't find where that snidey little dig was? :scratch:
Did this happen in another thread? :)

Avid Merrion
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:49 PM
Still can't find where that snidey little dig was? :scratch:
Did this happen in another thread? :)

nope. like i said, it was in your opening post.
it's ok, i'm sure you'll find it one day :)

*edit ^^ hi Mo! :wavey:

hablo
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:52 PM
It's such a nice contrast to after the Serena-Jelena match, and I'm really impressed with how well Justine fans handle themselves. I know I wouldn't be so classy after Maria being bagelled.Here's the little dig, Stevos. :p

svetaisthebest
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
yeah i noticed that too :)
Justine fans :worship:

Matt01
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:27 PM
There were still a few people who were saying things like "Henin just wasn't there today..."
or "Henin didn't fight as she normally does..." and trying to compare it the Serena-Jankovic
match.:rolleyes:henin was "there", she did fight for every point - she was just outplayed (and unlucky with a few points).

Yep, Serena just beat herself (again), while Justine of course was simply outplayed by the better player, right???

mykarma
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:14 PM
I guess part of the reason is that both Maria and Justine have a lot of respect for eachother.

Floydrose
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:18 PM
I think it's easier for Sharapova fans to deal with losing to Justine than dealing with her losing to "other" top players. The reverse is also true. In addition to that the two bases seem somewhat united over a common 'enemy' and enemy fan base, so it's really not all that surprising that they appear to be more gracious in defeat.

This statement could be argue with the respect between the two players.

I can't forget Maria's speach after YEC 07:worship:

treufreund
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:25 AM
well, I see some people have invaded this thread to try to slam the Sharapova (and Justine) fans as if there were some sort of "evil axis alliance" between the two fan bases. :rolleyes:

treufreund
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:27 AM
a part of me is laughing big time. How can Justine have such nice fans considering she is a cheating, lying, heartless robot? :p

rollup
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:28 AM
Yep, Serena just beat herself (again), while Justine of course was simply outplayed by the better player, right???

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :p

supergrunt
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:52 AM
and what's Serena's excuse :) ? That she turned into a mental midget this year? or can you admit Jelena was just better than her today :wavey:

Not the latter:help:.

Junex
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:54 AM
The ones that have LOGGED ON lol have been very classy...had she won...the board would have been FLOODED with Henin fans. You probably wont see the bulk of them back until the tournament is over.

And I think that it is better...lose quietly.....
than say lost and still brags about an excuse.....

Honestly, whenever justine losses, i give myself a minimum 12hrs not to read or post in GM....

Its just too painful for me....
Especially the sig i am sporting since last year...
Sadly I have to change it.

stevos
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:08 AM
nope. like i said, it was in your opening post.
it's ok, i'm sure you'll find it one day :)

*edit ^^ hi Mo! :wavey:

Okay, well if thats a dig, then fine. But you have to admit it's true. There were a lot of people that weren't giving Jelena credit. And I'm a Serena fan, I wanted her to win that match!

Ugh, that's not the issue. If that part of my post is causing such a problem, then ignore it because the post wasn't meant in that way at all. If anything it was to compliment a fan base that had just had a dissapointing loss, and to not cause animosity.

Junex
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:10 AM

HAHA...Funyy how yuou singled out (or doubled out for tha matter me and Tenn_ace for that matter....

You see, I watch the match on TV live, whenever i watch the match on TV i couldn't be bothered posting on the internet.

Then Justine lost, sad....and as i have said, i usually give myself 12 hrs minimum just to deal with her defeat. That is how passionate i am with justine.

Yeah, I have wished Justine could dominate and win all the Slam including Olympics and YEC even Miami...but that is just a wish and wishes don't get realized all too often ain't it?

BTW, i already updated my SIG...;)

But I never, ever in my entire tennis fan life, discredit, undermine and underestimate any player..... If anything It is usually to shut some of YOU obsessed fans out there.....

You know marsh, I am the type of person who lose quietly...
I can accept defeats and move on.
As painful as it is...I never gave an excuse to Justine's losses....

Sorry If i have been a loud mouth poster in some of your threads...you know what i just want you to shut up..because you are always talking CRAP!

:wavey::angel::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I am so relieved i finally found an outlet to vent my frustrations...

Thanks Marshmallow.......

Back to the thread topic..
what can one say when your fave was clearly outplayed....
Maria and her fans congratulations....your were simply Excellent last night!

Junex
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:46 AM

Your right, that is why as a justine fan, whenever she losses, I stay away from the board for a while because you can't really help these trolls and haters to come in her and post crap about your defeated fave (sometimes i am guilty of it too, but i usually do it for kicks!!)

These kind of posters are very good at making you sound a sore loser...

So its better to stay away from them for a while...

Onyxangel
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:42 AM

:worship:

Thank you... I'm glad someone else noticed that...

supergrunt
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:26 PM

are you serious. she served 4 double faults! she was serving in like the 90's the entire match and she couldn't even move. she didn't say anyhting in her presser because the way she played spoke for itself. :o

supergrunt
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
All Jelena really ahd to do was show up. No way she should lose 3 and 4 to Jelena on her worst day. Serena was scared to say it so I'll say it for her... She beat herself!!! :p

Destiny
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
:lol: supergrunt
She probably did beat her self
but still lost and can't win the grand slam
stupid ass woman:help::tape::fiery:

Dodoboy.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Your right, that is why as a justine fan, whenever she losses, I stay away from the board for a while because you can't really help these trolls and haters to come in her and post crap about your defeated fave (sometimes i am guilty of it too, but i usually do it for kicks!!)

These kind of posters are very good at making you sound a sore loser...

So its better to stay away from them for a while...

:worship::worship:

Nicolás89
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
are you serious. she served 4 double faults! she was serving in like the 90's the entire match and she couldn't even move. she didn't say anyhting in her presser because the way she played spoke for itself. :o

You have already answered that jujufreak quote yesterday. :unsure:

Venus fans have not been that classy as Venus herself. :(

supergrunt
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
You have already answered that jujufreak quote yesterday. :unsure:

Venus fans have not been that classy as Venus herself. :(

no I didn't

Nicolás89
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:49 PM
no I didn't

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=12373134&postcount=69 :)

Anyway, Who cares?

Bounty Hunter
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:53 PM
A bagel would humble anyone... :p:lol:

Matt01
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Nice to see that supergrunt is still doing what he/it does best:
Trolling around by searching for excuses for his faves :hearts:

saki
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:22 PM
'Hiding' is a bizarre way to put not posting in GM after Justine's defeat. I haven't posted in GM since the loss because, frankly, I'm not that interested in the AO anymore. I have a full-time job and a life, if Justine's not playing, I don't come in here very much. I like to discuss losses with Justine fans - both in a positive and a negative way - because that's more interesting for me. If anything, I think it reflects the fact that Justine fans, unlike a number of other fanbases, tend to use their fan forum rather than sharing everything with the entire board.

Re: Maria, I've been saying for a LONG time now that the accusations of her movement being awful and her having no variety were rubbish. I'm not a fan, really, but she's worked extremely hard to add to her game every year since she's turned pro. It's not a new development. I'm kinda glad that everyone sees it now.

Il Primo!
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
I have always respected Justine and her fans and I hope the 2 fanbases can continue to have that really good relationship with eachother.

Hum... It's not that important to me:o

Helaena
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
i'm broken-hearted and have been crying my hearts out :crying2: :crying2: :crying2:
and no, i am not hiding or something, i'm just trying to heal the wound.
but i won't make any excuses, no need to.

supergrunt
Jan 25th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Nice to see that supergrunt is still doing what he/it does best:
Trolling around by searching for excuses for his faves :hearts:

Funny comning from you

supergrunt
Jan 25th, 2008, 11:01 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=12373134&postcount=69 :)

Anyway, Who cares?

you changed it

hwanmig
Jan 25th, 2008, 11:17 AM

That's so melodramatic.

fioredeliberi
Jan 25th, 2008, 05:27 PM
This shows exactly the difference btwn Masha/Ju fans and many of the WS fans, who are basically arrogant, ungracious and somewhat unintelligent.

Since Masha is a polite, respectful and hardworking gal, if Ju loses to Masha, we'll honor Masha and give credit to Masha and discuss in a civil and respectful manner why Ju lost.....was it because Masha played really well(yes) or was Ju playing badly(yes to a certain extent).

Whatever the case it is patently obvious that Masha deserved to win and so we accept that she was the better player on the day, and Ju just wasn't able to lift her game enough to take Masha, and since she can't make it happen, Ju deserves to lose and we accept it.

Unlike the Serena fans who never give credit to her opponents, saying that they could never win if Serena was playing like her oldself, etc, etc......this is just disrespectful and ungracious.

If Serena lost, it means she couldn't lift her game to beat Miss 100th, and since it's her responsibility to lift her game, if she can't, then she deserves to lose, cause she was the lousier player on that day.

This is a simple truth that the WS fans just cannot accept. And I think it also comes from Serena's disrespectful and arrogant attitude. She is no humble champion, but rather a loudmouth who is a disgrace to the sport.

To end, we Ju fans compliment Masha on her well-earned victory over Ju and wish her the best in her match against Ana.

fioredeliberi
Jan 25th, 2008, 05:44 PM
One last note: The start of Justine's great run of victories came after a surprising loss to Bartoli at Wimbledon.

At the start of the thread "It will not be hard, to defeat all on the hard" I wrote: "a champion is not only a champion by the way she wins, but also by the way she loses."

During this shocking loss, Ju applauded Bartoli when she was outvolleyed at the net and gave lots of credit to Bartoli in the postmatch interview. Never once did she do a Serena and say: "I played so bad, that's why I lost, all the opponent had to do to win was turn up."

Ju was gracious in defeat.

Pova also showed that she was a champion when she lost to Ju in the YEC in that 3 hour plus match, yet gave a gracious speech and displayed a gracious attitude after that. Now Pova has also shown she is also a champion that can win, in her present victory over Ju.

These are exactly the qualities that Ju has, and that's why we give credit to Pova in her victory over our fav Ju, and wish her the best in her final.

dav abu
Jan 25th, 2008, 05:52 PM
this is a quality thread :yeah: Justine fans have shown the class that their fav displays and Maria has been v.v cool in her interviews in this tournament (so complementary about Lindsay).

Emina.
Jan 25th, 2008, 05:54 PM
this is a quality thread :yeah: Justine fans have shown the class that their fav displays and Maria has been v.v cool in her interviews in this tournament (so complementary about Lindsay).

Maria is always cool in her interviews and complementary about her opponents :)

Donny
Jan 25th, 2008, 05:57 PM
One last note: The start of Justine's great run of victories came after a surprising loss to Bartoli at Wimbledon.

At the start of the thread "It will not be hard, to defeat all on the hard" I wrote: "a champion is not only a champion by the way she wins, but also by the way she loses."

During this shocking loss, Ju applauded Bartoli when she was outvolleyed at the net and gave lots of credit to Bartoli in the postmatch interview. Never once did she do a Serena and say: "I played so bad, that's why I lost, all the opponent had to do to win was turn up."

Ju was gracious in defeat.

Pova also showed that she was a champion when she lost to Ju in the YEC in that 3 hour plus match, yet gave a gracious speech and displayed a gracious attitude after that. Now Pova has also shown she is also a champion that can win, in her present victory over Ju.

These are exactly the qualities that Ju has, and that's why we give credit to Pova in her victory over our fav Ju, and wish her the best in her final.

Q. Was Amélie hitting the ball well? Did you think she was playing well?

JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE: I think she had a lot of time because I was very far from my baseline, no energy, nothing in my ball. So she had a lot of time. When you have this kind of time, it's pretty hard to do mistakes, you know. But she was playing pretty consistent, I agree.

Q. Was that the thing that actually broke it in the end?

JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE: Yeah, just after that point I was feeling like short of breath and no legs, no power, nothing. I say, I am going to ask the doctor what we can do. But there's nothing we can do at that point when you're feeling like that. So I think that was really the best decision for myself.

Q. Do you think your retirement detracts from her achievement?

JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE: I don't understand. No, I don't think so, because you have to take the opportunities. It's not her fault. I think that she did her job perfectly. She kept the ball in the court. She felt probably I wasn't feeling good and couldn't move very quickly. So she did a good job when we see the circumstances.

Thank god Serena didn't do a Justine Henin and say "I had no power in my shots, nothing."

DannerCal
Jan 25th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Just going through the thread after this amazing win for Maria, there was no hate, no excuses, and almost every noticeable Justine fan gave big credit and props to Maria.

It's such a nice contrast to after the Serena-Jelena match, and I'm really impressed with how well Justine fans handle themselves. I know I wouldn't be so classy after Maria being bagelled.

Just saying I notice. ;)

ummm, when maria and justine played in the USOPen final, i remember you telling justine fans "how can you sleep at night?"

was that classy?

Floydrose
Jan 25th, 2008, 07:50 PM
The diference in those two matches is that Henin didn´t play bad, the opposite of Serena, who played like shit, that´s the only diference, and Williams fans said that already

And then?
That makes you unfair and unclassy in defeat when your fave lose in a bad day?

I think the answer is other...

Dave.
Jan 25th, 2008, 07:52 PM
The word classy is so overused now. Not coming up with excuses doesn't mean classy, it means they're not being sore losers.

pigmalion
Jan 25th, 2008, 08:01 PM
We are classy because when she loses against Justine, Maria is always classy in defeat. ;)
It changes from WS's lame excuses

fioredeliberi
Jan 27th, 2008, 05:04 PM
When one brings out what one Reetard writes abt Ju's comments after losing to Mauresmo, it's different because Ju was sick and she RETIRED from that match, something the Reetards fail to understand.

Thus she had to EXPLAIN why she retired, GET IT? It was not sourgrapes, it was an EXPLANATION WHY SHE RETIRED, GET IT?

Thus it is DIFFERENT from the NUMEROUS times Serena was healthy but got outplayed by other gals, then said some sourgrapes comment after that. Even the fawning US press whacked her after her comments when she got beaten by Ju 3 times in a row......even they had ENOUGH of this SOURGRAPES loser.

This type of response from a Reetard is exactly why I said some of the Reetards are rather unintelligent.

fioredeliberi
Jan 27th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Now compare the behaviour of Maria to Serena, Maria never made excuses for losing, never said she lost because she was playing so bad all the opponent had to do to win was turn up, or that she lost because the opponent hit lotsa LUCKY SHOTS.

That's why Maria is classy, both in defeat and victory, and that's why we Ju fans respect Maria and Maria's fans here also.

Serena, for all her talk, lost easily this time to Janko, who has never beaten Ju, and Pova would have given Serena 6-0, 6-0 if she had met Serena. Then Venus lost to Ana and both WS got beaten down easy by the chinese. Looks like this is a symptom of the declining performances of the the WS that will get even worse as this year goes on.

This year I see Pova taking one more GS, but Ju will take RG and the other GS will be up for grabs, but it won't be a WS taking it......the Anas, Agas, Danis and Jankos will be there to stop them easy.

Anyway Congrats to Maria and her classy fans, u all deserved your victory, well done.....SHRIEK!!!

serenus_2k8
Jan 27th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Boring!! Get over it...

cypher_88
Jan 27th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Boring!! Get over it...

why? just because Serena hasn't come up with a classy speech in the past year?:rolleyes:

harloo
Jan 27th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Here's the little dig, Stevos. :p

He knew it was a dig. If the OP really wanted to compliment the few remaining Justine fans who didn't run for cover for being gracious in defeat he could of left that Serena/Jelena reference out of the equation. He probably felt it wouldn't be controversial enough.:lol:

stevos
Jan 27th, 2008, 06:41 PM
ummm, when maria and justine played in the USOPen final, i remember you telling justine fans "how can you sleep at night?"

was that classy?
LMAO
Ummm, who the fuck are you, and how/why do you remember that? :unsure: That does not sound like me, and even if it was, did you not read the post you quoted? I said "I know I wouldn't be so classy...". This had nothing to do with me being classy, but with Justine fans. So sure, if I said that, it wasn't classy. :shrug: It's a pretty idiotic thing anyway, how do you sleep at night?? :weirdo:
He knew it was a dig. If the OP really wanted to compliment the few remaining Justine fans who didn't run for cover for being gracious in defeat he could of left that Serena/Jelena reference out of the equation. He probably felt it wouldn't be controversial enough.:lol:

:lol: PROBABLY!!! :spit:
What a little bitch, that OP. :)

Donny
Jan 27th, 2008, 10:12 PM
When one brings out what one Reetard writes abt Ju's comments after losing to Mauresmo, it's different because Ju was sick and she RETIRED from that match, something the Reetards fail to understand.

So you're saying that Serena should have retired against Jelena and claimed she was sick? That would have made it better? Oh wait, Serena would have, like, soooooo taotally been lying if she had done that. As opposed to Henin, who'd never, EVER, be dishonest.

Thus she had to EXPLAIN why she retired, GET IT? It was not sourgrapes, it was an EXPLANATION WHY SHE RETIRED, GET IT?

"No power in my shots" is an explanation of why she retired? Lolercoaster. Explain how "no power in my shots" is different from "all she had to do was keep the ball in the court". Oh never mind, Henin implied that as well.

Thus it is DIFFERENT from the NUMEROUS times Serena was healthy but got outplayed by other gals, then said some sourgrapes comment after that. Even the fawning US press whacked her after her comments when she got beaten by Ju 3 times in a row......even they had ENOUGH of this SOURGRAPES loser.

Fawning US press? Since when has the US press liked Serena? Since they turned Maria into Jesus for beating her at Wimbledon? Do you read US news?

This type of response from a Reetard is exactly why I said some of the Reetards are rather unintelligent.

When you resort to insults, it displays lack of a coherent argument. And your absurd spin is making me dizzy.

Serena was injured last Wimbledon. Yet I bet her telling the media this was sour grapes as well, right? Yet when Henin talks about how a illness eft her powerleess, it's perfectly fine? Really?

Had Serena retired against Jelena, and said she had "no power in her shots, nothing" and said Jelena "kept the ball in the court", you'd literally be having fits. So spare me the rationalization.

Forehand_Volley
Jan 27th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I can't speak for all Henin fans, but if you heard Maria's post-press conference after playing Henin (re: 2007 YEC), and even her pre-match press conferences, she is and has always been respectful towards Henin whether she wins or loses. Its very easy to respect Maria's game and what she brings to the sport because of her excellent off-court attitude.

Its nice to see someone so young as Sharapova always being professional even while other older players aren't as gracious (calling opponents "bitch" during play, etc). She's is and always has been the real deal. Its probably why Billie Jean text messaged her before her final. Billie Jean knows this girl is the real deal.

fioredeliberi
Jan 30th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Yah, I can see the Reetards are very bitter at the level of respect shown between the Maria and Ju fans. LOL.
Look at this one desperately defending the inexcusable behaviour of her fav Serena.......LOL.
No point arguing with such people.....i'll just let them enjoy the declining fortunes of their favs.....both lost bad in AO to "secondary" players(who were easily beaten by the winner) and got beat down in the doubles by the chinese as well. Good start to the year FOR SURE, LOL.