PDA

View Full Version : Can Serena and Justine fans unite, for just today?

dearplastic
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:30 AM
We're both hurting right now. Can we just cry together or something? Just for this once? Both of our faves had tough days today. Let's hope they both rebound well in upcoming tournaments and grand slams.

AsTrOnOtUs
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Totally agree, I'm so sad for my two faves who are both miles away better better than Sharapova in terms of tennis :sad:

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:34 AM
So sad. :sad:

Let's all rally around Venus. :)

Polikarpov
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:37 AM
LOL! Like that's gonna happen!

eck
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:38 AM
I'm rallying for Jankovic first. =)

GoDominique
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Nope! Let's gloat and taunt each other!

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
I'm rallying for Jankovic first. =)

I second that.

LeRoy.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
Atleast Justine was playing well and was overpowered by an inspired opponent playing the best tennis i have ever seen from her.

Serena OTOH was so flat out there and was quiet possibly playing the worst i have seen from her in a while. :shrug:

*W*
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:44 AM
I am so disappinted:(

majuu
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:46 AM
Don't worry guys. It's Justine Henin and Serena Williams we are talking about, they are gonna rebound from this and trash Maria and Jelena once again. There's no doubt about it!

mdterp01
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
No!!!

Scotso
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
This thread makes me want to puke. Group hugs are for pussies. :p

Nemo_Kool
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:49 AM
come on now although im not happy about the Serena match result im really jus happy that shes not properly injured and shes fitter, that in itself bodes well for the future and well Henin fans, she had to lose eventually take solice that it was to a out of this world performance from Pova...
Venussssss for the title........
COMEEEEEEEEEEEEE ONNNNNNNNNNNNN

azza
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:49 AM
Oh please :rolleyes: Williams lost to Jelena FFS :haha:

Atleast Justine lost to someone whos actually a quality player throughout the whole year :)

Mikey.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
Gosh this is horrible. :sad:

I feel so sorry for Justine. I do favour Maria over Justine but when Justine was walking off crying, I felt really bad that I was rooting against her. She wanted to win so bad this year. :sad:

I wanted Serena to win this tourny again so bad and when she lost I also felt really sorry for her. She just wasn't 100% today and she got owned. :sad:

In fact I think neither Justine or Serena were 100% today. Justine looked scared shitless even before she stepped out on court and I think her movement was not 100%. Serena looked frustrated as hell out there and her movement was no where near 100%!

Lets just pray they both come back strong and have a great season. :)

Onyxangel
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:53 AM
Totally agree, I'm so sad for my two faves who are both miles away better better than Sharapova in terms of tennis :sad:

Wow, and here I thought that I was the only one of our kind...

At least one other person on these boards knows my pain today...

ico4498
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:54 AM
nope. Justine hand tricks can never rally honest folks.

Onyxangel
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:55 AM
Wow, and here I thought that I was the only one of our kind...

At least one other person on these boards knows my pain today...

Now, for the first time in 3 years, I'll have to change my tagline...

SharapovaFan16
Don't worry guys. It's Justine Henin and Serena Williams we are talking about, they are gonna rebound from this and trash Maria and Jelena once again. There's no doubt about it!

Why do people continue to talk about Serena Williams as if she were Brett Favre? Just face it people her time has passed.

Expat
not till venus also gets slaughtered
then i will join the mourning club

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Oh well... days like this does happen...

Everyone... group hug now :hug:

SharapovaFan16
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:57 AM

Better than Sharapova in terms of tennis? Did you not just watch the match against Justine. She threw everything but the kitchen sink at Maria and came away destroyed. And there are 12 year olds holding rackets in their hands with better footwork than Serena. Geez you delusional fans!

Bartosh
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:58 AM
NO - I hate Henin and I will hate Justine always :fiery:

Now - GO VEE!! :worship:

majuu
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:02 AM
We are delusional? Maria hasn't even won the title yet. Maria is the best player in the Ao right now. She is NOT a better player than Justine and NOT a better player than Serena. Justine and Serena combined have 15 Grand Slam titles. IF Maria can demolish Justine (or any other player for that matter) match in, match out then we can consider her better.

majuu
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:05 AM
Why do people continue to talk about Serena Williams as if she were Brett Favre? Just face it people her time has passed.

Because she is one of the best players of all time, and she is never to be counted out. She will bounce back. And this is coming from a Justine fan LOL

Onyxangel
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:07 AM
Oh well... days like this does happen...

Everyone... group hug now :hug:

Actually, I'm not real sure a day like this has ever happened before... Have Serena and Justine ever lost on the same day of a tournament before?

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:09 AM
^^^
Maybe not... and should be the 1st time...

So... group hug :hug:

Zweli
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:25 AM
Hell NO,WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND,I read some disturbing posts from Justine's fans when Serena lost,I was praying for this result ,God was so quick to answer.I am not a Sharapova fan ,but what she did today wiped my tears off my face,once again thanks Masha.

Mightymirza
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
Go ana ;) but its been a bad bad day for both fanbase :sad:

supergrunt
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
Oh please :rolleyes: Williams lost to Jelena FFS :haha:

Atleast Justine lost to someone whos actually a quality player throughout the whole year :)

6-0

supergrunt
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:31 AM

6-1,6-2