PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Roberts is the WORST commentator ever.

tennisbear7
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:16 AM
His voice is annoying.

He knows nothing about tennis. And I mean absolutely NOTHING.

He states the obvious so much. My ears bleed.

His gasps, "hor hor hor" is so annoying - everyone wants to strangle him.

He asked Novak Djokovic to impersonate Maria Sharapova when it's plain getting old now.

His catchphrase is "She hangs on!"

"She was destined, she was born on the day Martina Navratilova played the quarters. She belongs." That's what he said about Justine being so dominant at RG. What the hell.

Anyway.

EDIT: Now he just said, "For the first time, Maria's first serve is eluding her." :help: Dumbass.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
Glad you got that vent out.

Chance
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:25 AM
yeah I agree...but at least he is not sexist like Wally Masur...

ce
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
:haha:

Harvs
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:04 AM
id say todd woodbridge.. love the guy but hes an absoloute dickhead as a commentator... talks shit

Josh.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
Glad you got that vent out.

:lol:

DomenicDemaria
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:40 AM
Dont you hate it when he whispers. God that drives me insane. I have to say the only good commentator is Keryn Pratt except she gets replaced by Tracy Austin all the time. Why do we need american commentators for!

Chance
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Todd is not that bad...sometimes he can be annoying, but overall not that.
You can tell he has a crush on Ana...can't really blame he though lol

ctan88
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Agreed. He has no tennis knowledge whatsoever, and is only there because he is Seven Sports Announcer. Loving Todd, i think he's great. JB and Kerryn are both real class acts though. What are people's thoughts on Nicole Bradke?

gsm
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
i cant stand sandy!

every year for the last several i hope that sandy gets the axe, to no avail...

at least he doesn't do to many on court interviews these days.

when i saw him about to interview djokovic after his match i cringed, way to go sandy you didnt dissapoint with your fuckwit antics.

ch 7 get rid of this blow fly.

Prizeidiot
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:54 AM
Sandy isn't very tennis knowledgable, but I don't mind because he doesn't say as much as the others.

I think Todd is great, though I've always thought he was a great guy when he was a player, so my view is kind of skewed. But he's very good with the technical aspect of the game, which very few commentators are.

Coffee&TV
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:57 AM
:haha:

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Remember Gerry Wilkinson from years ago? He was on Channel 7 news but now on Sky News :p I think he was worse than Sandy Roberts :lol:

I don't like Roger Rasheed. The only commentator I can tolerable is Kerryn Pratt.

eck
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
I thought the best Australian commentator was the woman on Fox Sports, it's not Nicole Pratty, someone else. I thought her commentating was always spot on.

Brett.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:18 PM
Johanna Griggs is the best commentator :drool:

Dan23
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:34 PM
Todd and the likes of Newcombe are worse...they have little knowledge or respect for the womens matches. Plus Todd is pathetic at oncourt interviews :o

Medina
Jan 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Nicole Pratt Is the best commentator.. :rocker2: I love how sometimes that she talks to loud into the mic like shes excited xD

aussie_fan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
...;12366580']id say todd woodbridge.. love the guy but hes an absoloute dickhead as a commentator... talks shit

i think todd is by far the best commenator i've probably heard, he actually has intellgient things to say unlike sandy roberts.

Langers
Jan 22nd, 2008, 02:03 PM
His voice is annoying.

He knows nothing about tennis. And I mean absolutely NOTHING.

He states the obvious so much. My ears bleed.

His gasps, "hor hor hor" is so annoying - everyone wants to strangle him.

He asked Novak Djokovic to impersonate Maria Sharapova when it's plain getting old now.

His catchphrase is "She hangs on!"

"She was destined, she was born on the day Martina Navratilova played the quarters. She belongs." That's what he said about Justine being so dominant at RG. What the hell.

Anyway.

EDIT: Now he just said, "For the first time, Maria's first serve is eluding her." :help: Dumbass.
Great AFL commentator, absolutely horrible tennis commentator. He's got no idea, repeats the obvious, and WHISPERS everything.

Langers
Jan 22nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
Todd and the likes of Newcombe are worse...they have little knowledge or respect for the womens matches. Plus Todd is pathetic at oncourt interviews :o
Agree 100%. Cringeworthy at times, although Kerryn Pratt could be worse. :o

scottsue
Jan 22nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
I think Pam Shriver was always entertaining....American aside! Tracy Austin I find very dull likewise Liz Smylie. I agree with all the positive comments about Kerryn Pratt. She is knowledgeable and eloquent.

On the mens side I personally like Fred Stolle. His no bullshit commentary is impressive. I like Allan Stone too....is he still around? Here in Hong Kong we get some Pommy git and Vijay Amritaj! An absolutely woeful duo. Very self congratulatory. They completely favour Mirza too which would be o.k if Hong Kong was part of India!

Langers
Jan 22nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Dont you hate it when he whispers. God that drives me insane!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan23
Jan 22nd, 2008, 02:12 PM
I think he whispers because theyre hiding away in that little courtside dog box :lol: doesnt stop the others from talking normally though...

Rising Sun
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Remember Gerry Wilkinson from years ago? He was on Channel 7 news but now on Sky News :p I think he was worse than Sandy Roberts :lol:

I don't like Roger Rasheed. The only commentator I can tolerable is Kerryn Pratt.
Hear Hear.

Nobody was worse than Garry Wilkinson in his heyday. :o

Philbo
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:53 PM
I cannot stand ANY of the commentators Channel 7 get who are really AFL commentators hijacking the tennis! Bruce McaVaney is ok because he is good at setting the drama of a scene and getting emotionally involved..
But Sandy, Gary Wilkinson etc just rattle off stat after stat because they have no insight into the game