PDA

View Full Version : Venus getting backlash from ATP & others over championing equal prize money?

Paneru
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:39 AM
This little "court" controversey that is
much ado about nothing seems as though
it's being motivated by more.

Plus, she is barring the brunt of
this storm, despite Mirza saying no as well.

We see sexism and racism being
introduced under falsehoods
and rumors.

Cp6uja
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:48 AM
and rumors.I dont see sexism and racism here... simple Layton Hewitt is local hero, and also played vs upcoming star Djokovic and Venus vs Mirsa is "one sided" match for crowd. That Hawitt/Djokovic match MUST BE at Rod Laver Arena so i dont see noting wrong b/c organizers try to remove Venus/Mirza match from Rod Laver to Vodafone Arena. Also i understand some reasons why they dont accept that - and this is end of story for me about this "case".

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
This little "court" controversey that is
much ado about nothing seems as though
it's being motivated by more.

Plus, she is barring the brunt of
this storm, despite Mirza saying no as well.

and rumors.

For sure.

I'm rooting for Venus to go all the way so they get even more pissed off. :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
You know there's a good match on right now, might even be the best for this year.
I'm just saying maybe it's not the place or time to discuss this.

LeRoy.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:01 AM
You know there's a good match on right now, might even be the best for this year.

You always have the choice to walk away from the computer and watch the match and once it is over come here and discuss this topic all you want, right ?:)

Harvs
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:05 AM
its not sexism... hewitt is one of australias biggest stars... im not saying she should have moved, but there is nothing wrong in them asking her.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
You always have the choice to walk away from the computer and watch the match and once it is over come here and discuss this topic all you want, right ?:)

My labtop is in my bed as I'm watching the match.
It's tough to walk away from my computer.
When I'm hugged up against it at nighttime, it almost feels like a real man. :tape:

Harvs
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:06 AM

not the place or time... wtf

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
...;12366600']not the place or time... wtf
:haha:

Tennisstar86
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
i don know, but i like it....the more venus sees it as me against the world... the better.....