PDA

View Full Version : Alarming Trend In GS Quarters for Serena

Lukiedja
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:43 AM
In her loss to Justine at last years french ans USopen quarters as well as today's loss she turned up so flat gave in so passively. The fighter in her seemed to have been dormant. It is almost as though she just never remembered it was a glam slam quater final because she practically shows up defeated. I am a huge fan of her's but i am quite concerned about what i am seeing. She needs to realize that she is getting older and her opportunities are diminishing, these tournament are only once per year and so she needs to summon that fighting spirit back (somehow she lost in miami maybe when she goes back there she will find it again)

starin
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:47 AM
2000 USO QF
2001 AO QF
2001 FO QF
2001 W QF

2001 USO F (:bounce:)

lol...this is not the first 4 slam QF streak Serena's done in her career. She played well at this AO (minus the QF where her serve was awol and if it was there I sincerely believe she would have won in straights)

Sam L
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:49 AM
Actually, if you think about in AO07 she really struggled against Shahar too but pulled out of that one.

She needs to find whatever it is that she found against Shahar in that match and bring it against Justine and Jelena and all that.

It's a shame that she brought her best against Shahar but not the others.

Lukiedja
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:53 AM
I agree she just had to try not even play well just put out 50% effort. She doesnt have to play well to beat Jankovic. It was obvious that she definitely played 3-4 levels below where she was capable of playing and expected to play. She was obviously having a bad day but she gave in so meekly. its not the loss that concerns me its the way she lost

bandabou
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:58 AM
hmm...so dissapointing. alas..what can u do?

sky20748
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:05 AM
i dont care what anyone says they(both sisters need new coaches.plain and simple.there needs to be some new stragedies going on and some new shot making selections.everyone is evolving and its time they do too.its not about bashing the ball and putting it back at the opponent.its about angles and drop shots and ending the points quick so you can stay fresher.its about hitting behind your opponent,its just so much more than about serve.look at the other girls without huge serves.but its about mind play,groundstrokes.its about so much more and they will always beat themselves until the get with the gameplan.hell i only watch tennis because of them and am a loyal fan but enough is enough.

moby
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:28 AM
Actually, if you think about in AO07 she really struggled against Shahar too but pulled out of that one.

She needs to find whatever it is that she found against Shahar in that match and bring it against Justine and Jelena and all that.

It's a shame that she brought her best against Shahar but not the others.Umm... maybe it's easier to bring it against Shahar? Because she's not a top 5 player?

switz
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:40 AM
she's just not playing very well at it gets shown up once you get to a slam quarter final against a very top player.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:49 AM
if serena is on, jelena's not going to win, and jelena knows that too! however, jelena hasnt been playing that well at all but played good (not great) today.

schorsch
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:01 AM
Quarterena?

Demska
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:02 AM
Quaterena vs Semisova, who will win ? :haha:

The Kaz
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:30 AM
Quaterena vs Semisova, who will win ? :haha:

Semipova ;)