PDA

View Full Version : Why Is It Often Assumed That Players With Big Potential Will Fulfill It?

UDACHi
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:47 PM
just wondering. i was reading the thread about sharapova being the last russian standing at the open, and people were ranting about how when kuznetsova fulfilled her potential she would be much better than maria. personally, i never understand these arguments. sveta follows the same calendar as maria and they're both getting older. maria outperforms svetlana at the majority of grand slams and svetlana has not appeared to make any gain on her. the reason for this particular argument is often the variety of kuznetsova's game. just doesn't make sense to me, maybe i'm missing something.
note: not a svetlana bashing thread, that was just the best example i have.

Nicolás89
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:49 PM
Kuznetsova has no variety. :lol: :shrug:

Nicolás89
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:54 PM
Rios was so damn talented. :tennis:

svetaisthebest
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:59 PM
Svetlana does have a lot of variety when she's playing her best.One of the best examples of this was Wimbledon last year when she played against Paszek .Her range of shots was simply amazing imo.The only thing is that mentally maybe she needs to improve because at times she doesnt play her best against high class opponents.