PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Venus Threatened To Leave AO If Match Was Moved To Vodafone

lizchris
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:04 PM
I read on Bonnie D. Ford's ESPN AO blog that there was a rumor going around that Venus threatened to leave the AO grounds if her match was moved to Vodafone Arena. In her press conference, Serena said the rumor was not true.

Reuchlin
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:05 PM
LOL, this is getting a little out of hand.

lizchris
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/notebook?page=notebook/tennis010820

Scroll down to find the supposed rumor.

Demska
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:07 PM
Overdramatic much ?

Pureracket
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:08 PM
Soooo....ummm....we know it's not true already. Why make the thread about it?

CJ07
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:09 PM
Venus would not have withdrawn for the tournament over switching courts.

If it was true, she really is over dramatic. Its not that serious.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:12 PM
Lizchris because Venus is your favorite player I wish you would learn something from her.

"But, you know, all this hearsay, I don't deal with that."

If she hasn't mentioned it, it didn't happen. Now stop trying to stir up shit and grow up.

lizchris
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:19 PM
Lizchris because Venus is your favorite player I wish you would learn something from her.

"But, you know, all this hearsay, I don't deal with that."

If she hasn't mentioned it, it didn't happen. Now stop trying to stir up shit and grow up.

If you penis is still in the small knot it is over this thread, you might want to contact bonniedford@aol.com (bonniedford@aol.com) ; she is the one who wrote about it. not me.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:21 PM
If you penis is still in the small knot it is over this thread, you might want to contact bonniedford@aol.com (bonniedford@aol.com) ; she is the one who wrote about it. not me.

In this case I would rather kill the messenger because your ass should know better after all the stuff that Venus has said in the last couple of days.

I don't see the point of being a fan of someone if you can't even respect the things that the player says.

xr6turbo
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:25 PM
:lol: Venus wouldn't be that silly.

Q. You can verify that for us, though, there was absolutely no threat from Venus to leave the tournament?

SERENA WILLIAMS: There was no threat. I don't know where these stories come from. But I find them quite hilarious. Yeah, I'm always looking for the next headline: 'Venus Threatens to Leave the Tournament.'

Honestly, it's so funny.

lizchris
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:26 PM
In this case I would rather kill the messenger because your ass should know better after all the stuff that Venus has said in the last couple of days.

I don't see the point of being a fan of someone if you can't even respect the things that the player says.

Then I guess you are threatning to kill Bonnie D. Ford?

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:28 PM
Then I guess you are threatning to kill Bonnie D. Ford?

No because she's not a Venus fan and you are and your ass should know better.

GoDominique
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:44 PM
Oh, so when Serena says it didn't happen, then it didn't happen? K.

I fully believe this to be possible. Why else would they have been arguing for a long time about it?

Here's what happened: Official tells them they're going to play on Vodafone. Stuck-up bitch feels offended because of racism/sexism/whatever and says she's leaving because she's the fucking Venus Williams, while Sania stands by and watches the proceedings in amazement.

Official actually doesn't give a damn about Venus leaving or not, but feearing uproar from the politically correct crowd and rabid Williams fans, he finally gives in.

vettipooh
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:44 PM
If any of those rumours were true, then the commentators would have had a field day during her Domachowsha match. Instead it was nothing but praises from Carillo about how well Vee handled the situation and took another stand for women and the game, and how Vee had become such an eloquent spokesperson of whom she is so proud of. No mention of any threat in Venus' press conference either. So let it go!! Let it go. Some people are always trying to find smoke where there is no fire. :rolleyes:

Uranium
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:45 PM
:lol: Venus wouldn't be that silly.

Q. You can verify that for us, though, there was absolutely no threat from Venus to leave the tournament?

SERENA WILLIAMS: There was no threat. I don't know where these stories come from. But I find them quite hilarious. Yeah, I'm always looking for the next headline: 'Venus Threatens to Leave the Tournament.'

Honestly, it's so funny.

:worship::lol:

Tennisstar86
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:50 PM
If any of those rumours were true, then the commentators would have had a field day during her Domachowsha match. Instead it was nothing but praises from Carillo about how well Vee handled the situation and took another stand for women and the game, and how Vee had become such an eloquent spokesperson of whom she is so proud of. No mention of any threat in Venus' press conference either. So let it go!! Let it go. Some people are always trying to find smoke where there is no fire. :rolleyes:

:lol: seriously... If Carillo isnt attacking Venus about it, you know theres no truth to that... haha, "walkout"

Godominique you sound like you need a hug. Not enough love from mom? the hostility....:tape:

Serena-rules-no1
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:16 PM
i wish the match was moved and she left AO

the tournament would be better without the Drama Queen

Princeza
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:46 PM

the tournament would be better without the Drama Queen

You're the only drama queen here serena-fool-number-1 , you and your douche friend from Canada.

-VSR-
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:05 PM
Venus is and has never been a drama queen. You people are ridiculous.

Tennisation
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:06 PM

the tournament would be better without the Drama Queen:haha::haha::haha:this comming from a Serena fan

Serena-rules-no1
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:25 PM
:haha::haha::haha:this comming from a Serena fan

Serena is superior to venus in every aspect

V should learn humility now that she's a 'has been'

hablo
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:52 PM
Yeah, right.
This rumour is just :help:

roarke
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:55 PM

Stupidity knows no bounds....:lol::lol::lol::haha::haha::haha:

I am quite sue if she were to be asked, Serena would tell you to go be a fan of somebody else. She sure as hell woudln't want you for a fan if you think to disrespect her sister in any way. Check yourself!

Venus is one of the most humble people on tour. She stands up for what she knows is right. The Tennis Director has deflected all the blame for his incompetent scheduling unto Venus and people who otherwise had an agenda against her have run with it. None of the journalist, players, bloggers and fans with their rumors are blaming the TD for the scheduling. No surprise there! In Williams they have found a target as always and she has become the poster child for blame which is being fueled beyond recognition by people's personal attitudes.

serenus_2k8
Jan 21st, 2008, 08:58 PM
:lol: seriously... If Carillo isnt attacking Venus about it, you know theres no truth to that... haha, "walkout"

Godominique you sound like you need a hug. Not enough love from mom? the hostility....:tape:

Godominique is a pathetic hater :kiss:

Nicolás89
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:13 PM

We all know you are not a Serena fan or even support anything from WTA, scarecrows. :wavey:
God, we all know MTF is boring as hell but please just get a damn hobby you and your tard friends already. :rolleyes:

Philbo
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:29 PM
I can picture Venus refusing to change courts and I dont see why she should have had to. The reason they wanted her to was the expectation of the aussie crowd on saturday night, not only in the live audience but on tv to see hewitt. THey should not have scheduled two mens matches during the daytime session - they just assumed federer would win in str8's..

Infiniti2001
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:34 PM
GoDumb , don't you have bets to make? I hear the gambling sites calling you :rolleyes:

rollup
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:44 PM

:speakles:

no way Jose! :eek:

You really give Serena fans a good name :rolleyes:

GoDominique
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:46 PM
GoDumb , don't you have bets to make? I hear the gambling sites calling you :rolleyes:
I don't do sportsbetting. I know what my strengths are and that's not one of them. In contrast to you. You still try to be funny despite failling so many times. At least think of a new shtick, this one is :yawn:

Pureracket
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:49 PM

I fully believe this to be possible. Why else would they have been arguing for a long time about it?

Here's what happened: Official tells them they're going to play on Vodafone. Stuck-up bitch feels offended because of racism/sexism/whatever and says she's leaving because she's the fucking Venus Williams, while Sania stands by and watches the proceedings in amazement.

Official actually doesn't give a damn about Venus leaving or not, but feearing uproar from the politically correct crowd and rabid Williams fans, he finally gives in.Anybody else find these catchphrases pretty common? Think about. Seriously, sometimes I'm glad I live in the US where, most times, our hatred of other demographics is at least monitored.

davidmario
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:50 PM
you go venus:rocker:
vodafone is the slower court so it was a wise decision:)

raquel
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't put much stock in this being true. She may have argued to stay on her scheduled court but I doubt she would storm off leaving the organisers and Mirza in a difficult position or default the whole tournament over it. She's too experienced and smart to cut her nose off to spite her face that way. And she wants to win the title. This blog writer needs to come up with sources before anyone will believe this.

Pureracket
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:52 PM
GoDumb , don't you have bets to make? I hear the gambling sites calling you :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sam L
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:54 PM

Official actually doesn't give a damn about Venus leaving or not, but feearing uproar from the politically correct crowd and rabid Williams fans, he finally gives in.

:haha:

You are such an idiot. This is a hilarious post and doesn't warrant a comeback, just deserves to be laughed at. :lol:

treufreund
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:22 PM
Roger Federer has entered the fray by saying that players should be moved and not consulted and that he doesn't expect preferential treatment for being #1 thereby implicitly criticizing Williams unwillingness to cooperate for the betterment of the tournament for "reasons that we(She) felt their match was important" :rolleyes:

kiwifan
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:11 PM
Soooo....ummm....we know it's not true already. Why make the thread about it?

Exactly, stupid thread and idiot posters trying to beat that dead horse. :rolleyes:

Cleopatra
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:13 PM
Stupidity knows no bounds....:lol::lol::lol::haha::haha::haha:

I am quite sue if she were to be asked, Serena would tell you to go be a fan of somebody else. She sure as hell woudln't want you for a fan if you think to disrespect her sister in any way. Check yourself!

Venus is one of the most humble people on tour. She stands up for what she knows is right. The Tennis Director has deflected all the blame for his incompetent scheduling unto Venus and people who otherwise had an agenda against her have run with it. None of the journalist, players, bloggers and fans with their rumors are blaming the TD for the scheduling. No surprise there! In Williams they have found a target as always and she has become the poster child for blame which is being fueled beyond recognition by people's personal attitudes.
:worship:

Il Primo!
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:18 PM

This is totally wrong.

But still, hilarious :haha: :spit:

gmokb
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:32 PM
I just read his interview and I am so disappointed but then I always consider him spinless so I am not sure I am surprise. Why doesn't he rememeber when he is making his demands and refusals? I only hope he is dethrone

sorceress
Jan 21st, 2008, 11:50 PM
Roger Federer has entered the fray by saying that players should be moved and not consulted and that he doesn't expect preferential treatment for being #1 thereby implicitly criticizing Williams unwillingness to cooperate for the betterment of the tournament for "reasons that we(She) felt their match was important" :rolleyes:

But it's not like Venus would have gone straight onto Vodafone,there was another match going on there that had the capacity to go to 5-sets.
Therefore making Venus wait even more and having to have the risk of playing the next day and risk her tournament.

It's not her fault here,she and Sania did nothing wrong and had every right to refuse,if Roger was faced with the same prospect,risking his tournament,he'd have refused too.

It is the organizers fault,nobody else's.